Rules for the Tiddly Easter Parcel Chart/Guessing Game

A place to discuss all things Eldemore.

Rules for the Tiddly Easter Parcel Chart/Guessing Game

Postby ElijahWilkes » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:15 am

So I'm going to let everyone know about some quick rules that I need to make about my chart for the Easter Parcels so that it doesn't end up becoming more of a burden for me than I think it's worth. And I think it's important for everyone to know these so it doesn't happen again. The first sentence of each rule, which will be in bold, is the main part of the rule. Everything else is describing the rule in detail and why it is in place.

1. Please do not send "hints", "confirmations", "denials", etc. to me, or anyone else for that matter, through any sort of private messaging. That includes private messages on here as well as through any other website or other means. This holds especially true when your name on that means of messaging does not match your username on here.
The reasons for this are simple. First, a private message can in no way be used as a source for the chart as it cannot be proven. And if the name is different, there's no way to tell who the person is who sent the message and therefore no way to relate the given hint to the chart. This is not the appreciated type of "trolling" as it just makes things more hassle than they're worth for me. The only time private messaging me about a hint is okay is if it's a PM on here to tell me about a hint that has already been posted publicly on the Eldemore site somewhere.
In the end, if you have a hint to drop, leave it in this thread or really wherever you want on the site. Give me some time to notice it and update the chart. If you later on feel like I missed it, then you can feel free to send me an Eldemore PM and let me know, also include a link to the hint if you end up having to do this.

2. Please do not send a request to gain a specific type of access to the chart. The link in the my signature gives everyone viewer access to my chart. I chose the viewer access link for a reason, as I do not want anyone else to be able to edit it. If multiple people start editing it, the only thing that will do is confuse me and cause chaos with the chart. This would give people the capability of deleting things and then I wouldn't be able to keep track of what is missing. There is absolutely no reason anyone else would need any access other than viewer access.

3. Do not leave hints for anyone else's participation or pet other than your own. Some people may have plans to reveal certain information later on. If you leave a hint for them, that may ruin their plans and therefore make the game less fun for them. If a non-staff user of the site figures something out without a hint, such as a name not in the codex or in the codex, then that's fine. But as far as I'm aware, staff members have a list of pets and who made which ones, so it's not fair to the other staff member to have you reveal information about them that they may not be ready to have revealed. I'm going to say this rule stands even if they have given you permission. If you have a hint to drop, post it yourself so that this issue doesn't happen again.
I understand that I can't really enforce this last rule at all myself. However, it is purely common sense and courtesy that happens to need to be pointed out. If this ends up becoming more of an issue, though, I may decide to contact an admin and see if this is something that can be enforced by them at all.

Thank you ahead of time for following these simple rules as a way to help keep this small event fun for everyone involved. That's really the point of creating these rules, so it is fair to everyone and to keep it enjoyable for all.
ElijahWilkes

Re: Rules for the Tiddly Easter Parcel Chart/Guessing Game

Postby Aralas » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:02 am

Since all of the Easter creatures have grown up and been added to the codex, I'll go ahead and lock this thread. Thanks for hosting the chart this year, Elijah!
Staff Member from 2014 to 2017.
This site will always hold a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I'll no longer be able to remain an active member, but I wish you all the very, very best.
Aralas

Return to Eldemore Discussion