Eldemore is Taking a Break

A place to play word and forum games with other members.

Re: Eldemore is Taking a Break

Postby WarmWinds » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:46 pm

i have an adoption page where i have been giving away all my pets over the last year or so, even if this website were to come back tomorrow, i'd still be planning to leave, too much time has gone by and i've sadly lost interest in this site :(
~Sierra's Adoption Center~
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=12847
WarmWinds

Postby Mesozoic » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:26 pm

I loved this site. I have had a great time on it before the break. But I too am going to go now. Even if it were to come back, look at how long we have to wait for anything to happen if it goes down again. It's been just under FOUR YEARS. That is a huge downtime with hardly any word on when it will return, leaving only a thread of lamenting from all who miss it. Thank you to all the people that were kind to me during a very hard time in my life. I still hope that you will be able to enjoy the new site if it should become a reality. Take care.
Mesozoic

Postby Windi_1 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:36 pm

I am with Mesozoic and WarmWind. I have 14 baubles left, but even that's not worth staying and waiting for someone to come back and finding out how disappointing it has been with little to no word. I am on FlightRising and CS and am going to think about parting with my pets here for things there.

Yes, money was spent to get the expensive pets, but neglecting things that others enjoy doesn't bring enjoyment. It was fun while it lasted. Message me for information.

I am on Magistream, CS, FR and Dragcave.net
Windi_1

Postby FlitterRayne » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:56 pm

Windi_1 wrote:I am with Mesozoic and WarmWind. I have 14 baubles left, but even that's not worth staying and waiting for someone to come back and finding out how disappointing it has been with little to no word. I am on FlightRising and CS and am going to think about parting with my pets here for things there.

Yes, money was spent to get the expensive pets, but neglecting things that others enjoy doesn't bring enjoyment. It was fun while it lasted. Message me for information.

Try having 115 baubles. *rolls her eyes a little * I bought baubles right before the site shut down. I figured it’s only a year, I can wait and use them instead of asking for a refund. Well, 4 years later, I’m still waiting. Lol.

At least I completely my humming bumble collection? Saved the pictures too, just in case this site goes like Unicreatures did.
FlitterRayne

Postby KisaWolfz » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:27 am

While I also understand everyone's frustrations, lets not use
the thread to talk about trading Eldemore pets for other site pets.

Ive heard through the grapevine that the Owners of Eld have had big changes happen in their life that require a lot of attention right now. All we can do is hope and wait for the best. Im sure Eldemore has not been forgotten.
Not as long as some of us continue to wait for its return.
KisaWolfz

Postby V064 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:47 am

I, too, will be leaving. While I jumped into this website at a much later point in time than others, I was still able to enjoy the community and story events while it was in full swing. As for hearing things 'through the grapevine', it may just be me who feels that way but I do not find such commentary reassuring. While I understand things happen in life that prevent us from keeping up with or responding to things in a proper fashion, as others have commented a very quick and simple 'Hey, things are going down IRL, we won't be able to work on the website or update users for X time' would be fine. Hell, it'd be great just so we know that they still acknowledge this place.

Instead, the lack of update or even a comment coming from someone on that end sets a rather negative precedent. If the site was suddenly back up and running and something happened similar to ongoing events, would they have a plan in place to make sure things kept on track? Or would we instead be inundated with complete quiet until it was over--if it ever was?

It was good while it lasted. Good luck Eldemore.
V064

Postby khossa » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Ngl I'm considering leaving too. Nearly four years has been long enough imo. The last tweet was Jan 25th. The one previous of that was nearly a year beforehand. I can't think of an excuse for that, it makes it seem like this site has been abandoned. I am running terribly low on hope. If it takes nearly a year to just give a small update or just "hey fyi haven't forgot about y'all", I wonder about the capability of running the site at all. Seems like they wouldn't ever have the time. I don't mean to sound harsh, I understand real life is far more important, but jeez. A two second tweet would be encouraging, but nah. Sorry but that's how I feel at this point.

I haven't totally determined if I should give up yet, but I'm certainly thinking about it.
khossa

Postby KisaWolfz » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:39 pm

All I can say is keep hope everyone. I understand its frustrating but lets try and keep up encouraging words. If Eldemore was truly abandoned, then the site would be gone. Since it hasn't happened lets try and stay positive.

It can be hard when there is little to no communication, but we don't really know whats happening in their lives... but I can speak from my own experience when I was in a very tough time, sending texts or updates was very hard for me. It seemed like such a simple thing, but then the next day would come, and Id say I do it the next day, then the next, and so on.

So lets try and keep some hope up, I have a strong feeling Eldemore isn't done yet.
KisaWolfz

Postby ty6565 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:49 pm

I can totally understand why you guys are choosing to leave. I'm always going to be on this website, though. It was a really fun and cute part of my childhood as a young girl who was learning how to use the internet. Because of this I'd like to hold on to my pets, since they're very nostalgic for me. I know there's not a lot to actively play, but if the website does get re-booted/revised 'n such, I think it could become just as popular as CS or FR!
Ty rules the world!
ty6565

Postby FoxFlame » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:58 pm

I know its hard with the radio silence but I still have hope that one day this site will be back, and in the mean time ill stay active and slowly chip away at my wishlist in hopes that when this site does come back ill have a complete or almost complete collection.
ImageFoxFlame

I STILL CHECK IN OFTEN, FEEL FREE TO SEND A TRADE OR MESSAGE!
FoxFlame

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Games