~Between Ash and Gold~ Semi-Lit ~ OPEN!

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: ~Between Ash and Gold~ Semi-Lit ~ OPEN!

Postby SkieNight » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Avalon continued to lean against the rail as the new girl, Glory was her name, spoke. Avalon smiled at bit, after the introduction, no last name she found that interesting but didn't both to focus on such a small piece of information. "It's a pleaser to meet you Glory." Avalon had recited this sentence more times then she could count, it was practically a habit now, to say this and then curtsy, which was just what the red-head did next. Her green eyes remained on the girl, as she went back to leaning on the rail. "A liger?" Avalon whispered in wonder. She had heard about the great cats of Mount. Bastion, but she had never seen one. Sitting on the rail she swung her legs and skirt over the side. "You're a keeper?" For a second Avalon ignored the girl's second statement. "That's amazing!"

Selven stirred besides her and slithered to his side along the rail. HIs dark eyes remained on the girl on the branch, but it was more in fascination than anything else. Avalon pulled a pin from her hair, letting her bun sag down slightly. Playing with the emerald clip she spoke again, only just registering Glory's second comment. "The darkness? Oh that's just a silly rune's tale isn't it." She spoke in puzzled down, her eyes on her hands and the pin, "There's been a lot of whispering in this house about the 'darkness', but it's not real. Is it?" Something turned in Avalon's stomach, what if it was real? Her mother and father were out of the city right now on business, but it wasn't real, they'ed be home safely in just a few days. Still something hung in the back of her mind, a bit of worry and guilt almost.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby cjr09 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:55 pm

"Yeah, but we just got this book in a while ago. I transcribed it myself- the original's in Rune." She says, then shakes her head. "You're probably right, though. Just a rumor... she mutters, thinking.

Maya starts moving a bit faster then out of one of the massive, gaping doors that lead to one of the many outdoor reading sections- flying high in the open air.
cjr09

Postby Distortionist » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm

It was hard for her to pin the girl's personality down. The curtsey displayed good manners and sophistication, yet the way she fearlessly perched on the rail of the balcony said she was adventurous and bold. Glory appraised the Avalon bashfully, grinning. She suspected there was quite a bit to her tale. "Thanks. I'd have fallen out of this tree a long time ago if I wasn't a Keeper." Truth be told, she was very pleased that Avalon had recognized the rarity of a Keeper. Glory had gone through many hours of blood and sweat to earn her title, and of course it was worth it.

She returned focus to the matter at hand. "Well, it depends. No one really knows if those whispers are true or not because, well, all the witnesses are gone. Is it a coincidence that this matches one of our most horrifying bedtime stories? Maybe. That's why I'm here to find out." Avalon seemed to believe it was a myth, and she could be right, but she still had more information than most of the people in Versailles. Glory mentally spoke a thank you to Burn for the lead.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby SkieNight » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:38 pm

The young man nodded, though once again he was only listening to half of what she was saying, most of his mind was focused on the words in front of him. Put that book down and have a proper conversation with someone for once! Cilia's voice echoed through his mind once more, forcing the young man to send a glare towards the liger. I'm reading! Was James' response as he looked back down at the pages. He could faintly hear a huff as the liger, rolled onto her other side, her back to James in protest. Still, the young man continued to read, his mind taking in the information on the various kinds of dark magic that resided in the land.

Looking up James glanced to Caitlin. "If there is dark magic out there, what do you think it is or what do you think caused it?" It was rare for the young man to start a conversation with someone. Speaking was one thing, but actually talking first was another. It was something in the text that had caught his attention, there were a few different kinds of dark magic, or 'darkness' and maybe Caitlin here had some insight.

The girl nodded, her eyes still on her lap, as her delicate looking hands ran over the emerald pin that so perfectly matched her eyes. Something about the way Glory spoke really inspired Avalon, most of the time the girl was stuck behind the garden walls, like a prisoner in her own house. She went out into the city on occasion, but the last time she went out caused her father to be more strict. Not only had she stolen an egg from some men who worked on the black market, she had almost run into them and almost been killed. After that Avalon really had just lived in the gardens, raising Selven and listening to the outside world from behind wrote-iron gates.

Swinging her legs slightly Avalon looked up meeting Glory's gaze. "It sounds like you have a very fine job." she said with a small smile, her eyes twinkling with excitement and ideas. "And I would like to help you. Let me grab my coat and we can be off to where ever you are going." Swinging her legs back over the rail, Avalon pushed through her grand door, leaving them open so she could hear Glory. Opening her large wardrobe she scanned it, looking for a proper coat to go out in. Meanwhile, Selven watched Avalon closely, wondering what she was up to. Since the two were yet bonded neither could read the other's thoughts, yet somehow it always seemed that the little dragon new just was she was doing.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Previous

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's