~Between Ash and Gold~ Semi-Lit ~ OPEN!

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: ~Between Ash and Gold~ Semi-Lit ~ OPEN!

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:11 am

Looks like everyone's forms are in order to start, if you guys would like too.
cjr09

Re: ~Between Ash and Gold~ OPEN!

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 am

Distortionist wrote:Other:*wants to be friends with the other liger guy*[/size]

{Distortionist, if you want they can know each other. James travels (a lot) but he does spend time on the Mountain so they can be like friends or whatever...}

{{And I am ready to start when ever. I can't wait!}}

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:39 am

(Okay then! I'll start off. Right now the mentions of the Darkness are just rumors- what everyone thinks is just something a creative child made up to scare his friends.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, shoot," Caitlin mutters as she sorts through the scrolls and books of the Palace of Versailles's library- attempting to put them in some semblance of order. Eventually, she gives up and settles for simply returning them to their positions on one of the great shelves- climbing the wooden ladder and neatly slotting them in their allotted positions- before leaning just a bit to far and falling. She scrambles for purchase on the shelves, but only manages to knock a few books down as she hits the ground with a loud oompf.

Leon, much like the rest of the guards, is in the Palace courtyards, practicing with a long sword and a training dummy, but going at it half-heartedly, mind in other places. Seeing this, Tetra walks up behind him and cracks him softly on the head, clicking her tongue and tutting, "Come on, Leo. You've got to do better than that." The pirate picks up a training sword of her own- completely ignored by the other guards- and she and Leon immediately start sparring. "So what's the word on the street?" He mutters as their swords clash, meaning about the rumors. "Nothing much. Nothing concrete- everyone's passed it off as a rumor," Tetra answers under her breath, I've got Lyr on it full time."

"Come get your amulets here! We've got books, trinkets, jewelry, you want it, I've got it!" Zero chirps from behind her stall just outside the palace gates, attracting a few customers to gawk at her wares. She sells a couple and carefully pockets the money- glancing down to her Ancient, who was leaning against the cart from the ground in his human form, head slightly bowed. "What's up, Shard?" The Ancient simply gives a grunt, clearly thinking about something. Zero snorts and rolls her eyes, but knows her bond would tell her if he sensed anything truly wrong.

Lyric, meanwhile, is doing what he's best at- being a spy. Listening in on conversations, hearing the odd word here and there, paying off a few bribes for some scraps of knowledge. So far, nothing concrete on the rumors, but there was something odd about them he just couldn't quite put his finger on. "What do you think, Fiona?" He asks absentmindedly, scratching the Sea Serval's ears as she curled onto his shoulders, purring softly but eyeing some nearby jewelry.
cjr09

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 am

Avalon sat on the balcony, well not on is as in she sat on a chair on the balcony, she sat on the railing of the platform, her legs dangling over the side and over the garden. It was a good thing that she wasn't scared of heights, for two stories was actually a lot taller than people give it credit for. Her long red hair was pushed up into a tight bun that was held by two emerald clips that matched her eyes. She sat in a simple dress, nothing fancy but nothing that a servant held. Her mind was wandering, she had over heard her parents talking about some rumors last night and now the thought of a darkness coming over Eld was all that was in her mind. A small nose pushed against her arm and she looked to the left, a little dragon that appeared to be made of ice looked at at her with dark but worried eyes. Smiling softly, she patted the cold creature on the head. "It's okay Selv," she whispered. "I'm fine. It isn't real just a fairy tail. I'm just thinking."

"Where, is it? Where is it? Where is it!" James muttered angrily under his breath as she went through text after text in the library. He knew exactly what book he was looking for, and exactly what it looked like, and exactly where is should have been, but it wasn't there. He had gotten to the point where he was just taking books out and stacking them on the floor so he knew that he'd all ready looked there. Many should have asked what he was doing, but most knew. James had been to the library hundreds of times, if not thousands, he could find a book here if someone blind folded him. Then why couldn't he find this one book that he so desperately needed. I'm sure it's around here somewhere, just relax. A cool voice filled his mind and James shot a glance at the star-like cat who had spoken. "Can't you see that this is important Cilia, I don't need any of the jokes! Go back to looking." he turned around and continued to take book after book out of the self before reading their covers and tossing them into a pile with all the other useless ones. I think I found it. The voice said again. "Shut up! I'm looking!" James warned, he wasn't a mean person but he was loosing his patience, he'd been up all night looking for this stupid text and was exhausted. No really. I think this is the one. The large feline padded up behind the young man and nosed him gently, he turned around and quickly took a look at the text in her mouth. "Cilia, I ever tolled you how much I love you?"

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm

"Hey!" Caitlin almost shouts, having extracted herself from the pile she'd managed to get stuck in, and marches up to James. "You can't just mess up all the books! I spend hours putting these in the right places, you know! Have some respect some of these are- Oh, I was looking for this." She picks a dusty old book from the remaining on the shelf, titled The Lores and Legends of Eldemore, and carefully sets it into her bag, before whirling on James again. "Put them back where they were!"
cjr09

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:00 pm

James was leaning against the bookshelf, his feral looking eyes darted over the text as he took in the words on the page. The book was one on old legends and dark art, things that many people now a days had completely over looked. He almost didn't notice the girl march over to yell at him, it was actually Cilia who caught it attention. The large cat nosed him once more, her green eyes darting from the girl, whom at the moment the liger didn't care for, and James her keeper. The boy looked up calmly from his read his eyes darting over the girl. Because he was sitting, he seemed smaller then he really was, but when he stood he was almost a head taller then her, and besides he was clearly older. "Um...Yes? Can I help you?" Honestly he had only heard half of what she said. Though he had been there thousands of times he didn't recognize the girl, which wasn't surprising James was terrible with people. He looked at the stack of books and nodded. "Right, right. I'll put those away, later." And with that he opened the book of dark magic and legends once more and began reading again. You are terrible with people you know that. Cilia said, the liger was still laying down, her eyes watching the two people carefully. I really don't care. James thought back quickly before returning to the book, in return the liger simply rolled her eyes.

{Sorry if James seems rude... he's just not good at talking or socializing xD really. Especially with books around
Also I added something to James' Profile. He has a little otterling that hangs around (not bonded to though) so yeah... you'll see where she comes in in a second.}

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Caitlin huffs her displeasure, and starts picking up the discarded books- putting them back in their places without really looking- she'd been through this hundreds of times before. Maya, the Royal Scroll Drake, walks over and lets Caitlin stand on her head, raising her up to put some of the books on higher shelves up. Once she'd put up the majority of the discarded books, she retrieves the book she'd chosen from her bag and flips through the old, dusty pages carefully. "So this is where that rumor came from," she mutters, fingering the page.
cjr09

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 pm

James' amber eyes darted through the pages of the old book. He heard some shuffling next to him and looked up, the girl seemed to be picked up all his books for him, how nice. "Oh thank you." he said with a small smile before turning the page of the dark arts book, "I would have done that once I finished reading, but thank you again." His eyes left the young girl, well she was young for him. She looked to be about fifteen or sixteen, he remembered when he was that old, a dreamer, and learner (though he still was both today) and a silly boy who headed up to Mount. Bastion by himself. The young man shot an affectionate glance to the Liger besides him. Cilia appeared to be a sleep, she was a cat after all, her starry sides were rising and falling, and her black nose twitched every now and then. Returning his gaze to the book in his lap the man went to reading. A scurrying nose distracted him though, lifting his head his eyes fell on a little creature standing at his feet. The cream and pick otterling appeared to smile at him and shook her head. "Oh Gweli! I was wondering where you were." he muttered patting the thing on the head, though he couldn't understand her he learned to read her body language. "Couldn't find it? It's okay, I found this book so well look for the last one later." Leaning back James engrossed himself in his book, not paying attention to what the otterling did next. The little thing, amazed by the drake just a bit away went to go check the dragon-like thing out. Gweli inched forward until she was by the foot of the drake.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:47 pm

The massive drake lowers her head until her chin was touching the ground so she could look the little otterling in the eyes, before blowing out a breath of air so ruffle her little wings, waving her massive tail behind her, but careful not to knock anything over.

"Which book are you looking for?" Caitlin asks, slipping a bookmark inbetween the pages and squirreling it away back into her bag, adjusting her glasses as she does so, then brings out a few small treats and sets them in front of Cilia, putting a few next to Gweli as well.
cjr09

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:35 pm

The small thing shook in fear as the drake lowered it's head. The last time something this size did this to Gweli, it had tired to eat her. However, the kind drake simply blew a puff of warm hair, causing her small, odd wings to ruffle and her fur to fluff slightly. The little otterling took this as a sign of friendship, though being an otterling and not necessarily the brightest bulb, Gweli took most things to mean friendship, well all things that didn't involve her trying to get eaten. When the girl placed a few treats in front of her the otterling shoved them in her mouth, devouring them in a matter of seconds.

James looked up from the book, and closed it, only after marking the page he was on. "Oh, I can't remember the title now, but it was an older book, one about ancient legends and old history. Things like that." Using the bookshelf, he pushed himself back onto his feet the book on dark forces still clutched in his hands. James didn't really believe this power was out there, but if it was he wanted to know as much as he could about it. He glanced to Cilia, the cat had woken up and all ready licked up the treats. She was now sitting up, her pink tongue running over her lips and muzzle. "Oh, um. Well I'm James, sorry for not introducing himself earlier." He said offering the young girl a soft smile and held his hand out for her to take.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's