Edgecliff Estate RP! Open ^^

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Edgecliff Estate RP! Open!

Postby Mathcat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:39 am

(Apparently, I haven't done anything with my characters in so long that I can no longer correctly spell their names. My apologies to Mister Quackers, who wishes to inform me that spelling his name out in full makes it much cuter. (Because it's never going to come up in the RP, when Mister Quackers gets excited, he sounds like a cross between a duck, a squeaky toy, and Woodstock from Peanuts. Also, I'm not sure what I did, Deb, but you're welcome.)

"Well, where there's life, there's hope," Kyra said, half to herself. She didn't want to tell Kurono the truth of what she had seen, and besides, she wanted to believe there were still at least a few recruiter ligers or monks out there - individuals who had been nowhere near the monastery at the end. Luckily, a new disruption saved her from unhappy explanations.

Kyra had thought she had heard the newest arrival call "Val!" while still out in the hallway, and despite knowing better, she was slightly disappointed to see that "Val" was probably the man's rune dragon and not Val Fletcher, the young man she occasionally mentored. Well, that would have been entirely too much of a coincidence to have the Val she knew turn up. Besides, uncanny weather and mysterious journeys to probably dangerous places were really more her thing. Val just got invited to mysterious parties hosted by sinister people with ulterior motives.

The man seemed to know the Ancient (Snafu? Not the most reassuring name) and was having some sort of argument with her. Kyra couldn't really follow along, nor was she really sure what the Ancient was doing (besides being a typical inexplicable Ancient, like every other Ancient that she'd met or heard about), but at least the disagreement was keeping the Ancient's attention off of everyone else.

Kyra had other concerns right now. The man who had led her to the library had returned with tea and stew, and food would always win out over an argument that didn't seem to concern her. Kyra snagged a bowl for herself, a bowl for Claude, who, like her, was watching the man and the Ancient arguing without getting involved, and a roll for Mister Quackers. Mister Quackers ate meat, and would probably try to steal at least a few bites from Claude or anyone else not paying close attention to their food, but the roll was something he could carry with him. Accepting the roll, he flew over to near where Kurono's slepnir was and began tearing into the roll, spraying crumbs everywhere.

Kyra was in no hurry to finish her meal. Everyone would be headed back out into the cold soon enough, as she doubted the passage to the Underworld would be anywhere so accessible as the mansion's basements. She had no weapons to speak of (besides Claude, what wits she had left, and yes, even Mister Quackers), so she had nothing to do to get ready besides finish the first decent (and hot) meal she'd had in a while.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby WereW0lf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:43 am

Of course Tundra, most humans/mortals doesn't acknowledge that Summoners existed, like Kurono, they believed it was a myth.

By the way, just a small information for everyone ^^ Sanguine's species is called Oriental Jaders, Jaders species lore. Summarized it up, Sanguine is an Imperial Jader, which is the most valuable, her coat is based on the mystical Bloodmoon.

Written by Benathorn on Imperial Jaders blood lore: Some Imperial Jaders display the extremely rare phenomenon of colored blood exuding from their bodies. This blood is thought to be because Imperials share more magic with their Dire Wolf ancestors that directly conflicts with their non-magical bloodline like their lesser brethren of ferals and domestics. This conflict of blood often result in a variety of hues ranging from blinding hot pinks or otherworldly inky black and so on; searing the ground where it falls, causing the Jader itself little harm but acting as a corrosive acid to anything it touches.

In short, it is not wise to draw an Imperial Jader's blood on yourself ^^' Kuar would have had more than teeth scarred wounds if he got into conflict with San. And for Sanguine, she displays inky black blood/saliva.. and pee xD))

Kurono look taken back for a second before she take a closer look over the strange man infront of her, now noticing his distinguish clothings "Ah." She gave herself a soft smack on the forehead "My deepest apologize, I didn't recognized that you're wearing the Nors people's distinguish clothings before. That explains why you don't seem to be bothered by this kind of weather." She'd noticed his heterochromia eyes, she doesn't want to stare so much but couldn't help herself, A half-born?... He didn't have a Wolfkin's tail or ears, nor an Elvian's horns... An Avian half-born perhaps? She kept it to herself, decided against questioning the stranger abot his heritage, it would be rude to do so, considered as half-borns are often treated badly.

Sanguine seemed to have calmed down a bit, not standing in a tall posture, there's something about that stone in his necklace that got on her nerves. And as Kurono opened her mouth to say something, the man already interrupted her by calling out for the Glitch Ancient. "Wait a minute." She looked surprised? shocked? in between perhaps? "You can sense the presence of an Ancient? Ho-how, What??" She didn't noticed that Igor was serving tea and hot stew and Kyra was still inside the library, enjoying her stew and tea, aswell as Deb. Not to mentioned that stranger before her just talked in a crazy manner like Glitch does all the time, so that just begs more questions. She tried not to be nosy, but there's something about him that just ticked her off in a wrong way.

Sanguine turned her gaze back at her human bond then back at the man again, the fur on the back of neck stands slightly at the strange markings on his hand, whoever he is, he is not one to be taken lightly. Kurono noticed it too, this man probably has some kind of magic power and she does not like it one bit, a shady stranger with magical abilities. "Who are you? ... What are you?" She decided to just spill the beans and interrogate him right there. He better not be a follower of Oblivion. They're too focused on the man, temporary forgot about the Ice rune he has with him, and her sleipnir preferred to stay hidden while his companions deal with the stranger, flopped down on his belly, enjoying Mister Quackers company for time being.
Sanguine

As mysterious as the moon
Black cat bawling,
Moon dripping blood.

Hey there! I'm WereW0lf, you can just call me Were.
Always up for trading and chatting, feel free to send over a PM my way!
The new moon comes through
Stone wall to darken lighted room.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.
Curently in
: Edgecliff Estate Drakeriders
ImageImage
WereW0lf

Postby Livingdebgirl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 am

She had finished her stew and took in all the conversation between the very different and very dedicated Wanderers.
Kaur and Kyra could handle EverWinter physically but the trek and End purpose were 2 separate things.
Kuar obviously had a link to the Underworld, for his essence alone exuded it, causing distress among the others in proximity. Creatures and humans alike.
She herself, felt a bond and understanding with the dead, she did not fear them, just guided them, for it was the duty she chose as a Necromancer of the old ways.She memorized the the map, it was crude and ghostly in itself, but what do you expect from a dead one?

She knew Korono and Glitch already knew the way, but the Kuar and Kyra?
A cold hand soothing hand was felt on her shoulder as Igor spoke:
Madame, the 5 rivers of the Underworld each contain their own fears, laments, and purposes. If you truly wish to bring back Spring and Pina, end this EverWinter, you must go find the Underworld. I wish you luck, and so does The World of Eldemore

Then he vanished..Really? That Igor :?
She bundled up, slipped out the back door as she needed to clear her head, leaving the map, hoping the others would follow. She must scout first.
It was cold, but the rushing waters of the rivers lured her, as if Pina herself guided her.
An otherworldly Otterling that splashed its tail, intrigued her. It seemed to follow her as she trudged along, strange.
It not only carried an orb of blue, but one white.
Come visit my thread for raffles, giveaways, contests and fun!

Edgecliff Estate

Coming soon to a theater near You!
New Adventure! Blakkrfolds Blight! Open!
New Adventure!

Trade me! Edgecliff Estate Trade Thread

Edgecliff Estate RP!

Stamps Courtesy of Sphye!
ImageImageImageImage
Livingdebgirl

Postby Mathcat » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Kyra had just about finished her stew when Mister Quackers returned. Perching on her knees, he pointed at her roll (still untouched), then at the door, then quacked worriedly. Kyra thought she picked out a three-syllable quack repeated a few times. "Kurono?" she asked, used by now to deciphering Mister Quackers' vocabulary of squeaks and quacks. "Mister Quackers nodded. "I'm sure the man who showed us in made sure she got fed, but she probably wouldn't mind if you brought her a bread roll." Mister Quackers quacked in agreement, picked up the roll, and flew off.

Kyra would have been happy to sit in the warmth of the library for a while longer, but things seemed to be progressing again. The woman who had announced that they were all off to the Underworld - or perhaps the Five Rivers, Kyra wasn't sure - had just slipped out, presumably to start the journey. With a sigh, Kyra got up, looking over at where Claude was sitting. He was staring longingly at the books, which Kyra could understand - she was no scholar, but some of the titles she had noticed were quite intriguing. "Time to move on, it looks like," she told him. Claude nodded and got up, not looking too pleased at the thought of having to go back outside. Then, the two of them left the library. Kyra wasn't too worried about Mister Quackers, who hadn't returned from his errand yet. Presumably, they were all going to the same place, so he'd catch up soon enough.
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby NightAssassin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:33 pm

(Ooo... Now I have more information to tease Sanguine with! >:3)

Glitch watched as Deb left the Library to scout with Kyra following. Kurono was interrogating Kuar outside the library doors, and it was quite amusing. Glitch thought it was maybe, just maybe time for her to crash their little questionnaire. Just for the heck of it. "And I've got the perfect way to ruin everything," she snickered.

First, she lined up her favorite songs in a playlist. Then, she unplugged her headphones. THEN she turned up the volume to max and pressed the play button. Fall Out Boy sounded through the entire library. Since listening to alternate rock through closed doors was not enough, she teleported out of the library to right above Kurono and Kuar.

(You guys want more song references, I'm here to deliver! Here's Hum Hallelujah by Fall Out Boy) "SO HUM HALLELUJAH, JUST OFF THE KEY OF REASON, I THOUGHT I LOVED YOU, BUT IT WAS JUST HOW YOU LOOKED IN THE LIGHT. A TEENAGE VOW IN A PARKING LOT, 'TIL TONIGHT DO US PART,' I SING THE BLUES AND SWALLOW THEM TOO," Glitch sang at the top of her lungs. Obviously, she was a fan of Fall Out Boy. Why? They are amazing. Don't question it. She waited for Kurono's (and Sangune's) and Kuar's reactions. Perfecting timing too. Mister Quackers had also just flown out of the library to deliver a roll to Kurono. The more people (and animals) she introduced the Emo Trinity (Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance) to, the better. Mainly because someone else would understand her references.
Last edited by NightAssassin on the 42nd of Internet at the beginning of time, edited number of times in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
Imagexxxx

"The Universe is under no obligation
to make sense to you."

Image Image ImageImage
NightAssassin

Postby Mathcat » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:32 pm

(I'm going to assume that this was overtaken by the actual event. This was fun while it lasted, though, and I had a great time.)

Kyra wasn't quite sure how everyone had managed to get ahead of her, but she now seemed to be the only human around. Mister Quackers had returned quite abruptly to her shoulder, his grumbling probably in response to the burst of...noise she'd heard a few minutes ago (Kyra suspected the Ancient had been responsible for that). When the woman who had been leading the way to wherever they were going had vanished around a corner (truly vanished, as best Kyra could tell, leaving not so much as a footprint to indicate where she might have gone to), Kyra had gone back to where Kurono and the others had been, only to find all of them gone as well.

There seemed no point in waiting around. Either everyone would make it back, in which case winter's grasp on the land would be broken and everything would get back to normal (or as normal as was possible these days), or they wouldn't, and she would be left hanging around a deserted mansion.

With Claude's help, Kyra soon made it back to the entrance of the mansion. To her relief, the unnatural cold had died away while she had been inside, to be replaced with a temperature that was more normal for the time of year. At least traveling would be less unpleasant. Kyra kept casting glances back at the mansion as she walked, half expecting to find it had vanished between one step and the next, but it remained solidly present. Well, perhaps she'd find her way back someday, once the whole mess with Oblivion was over with.
Mathcat

Postby Livingdebgirl » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:41 am

{{ @ Math-You are correct in assuming we were a bit busy with the ending of the EverWinter Adventure^^ (among other things^^) Thanks for making it easy for us to continue, and it will continue^^}}

She and Jedi, Werew01f and the Glitch returned from their Winter Adventure and busted in the back door of Edgecliff Estate. Exhausted, THEY WERE HOME! They had completed the Mission!

The smell of stew jut started to waft along the corridors as they made their way to the library.
As they passed the front door, it slammed shut as Igor vanished through it, following... What was this?
She looked through the window and saw the unmistakeable figure of Kyra along with Mister Quackers on her shoulder, and Claude leading the way. Heading towards the Massive gates of Edgecliff Estate.
Igor caught up with her as she followed Kyra.
Madame, an Urgent message has arrived from The Alabaster City. it seems they need The Adventurers help. The DrakeRiders of Eldemore have requested your immediate assistance.
With that being said, a million thoughts burst into her head...drake trials...Alabaster city....
She had been to the Drake trials long ago and they were brutal. Only the strong of heart and Pure of soul were chosen by the drakes to be DrakeRiders.
She caught up with Kyra.
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm Deb. I have traveled and wandered for many Years as you have. It is your choice to stay or go, but I thank you for watching over this Estate while I was gone.
Last edited by Livingdebgirl on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edgecliff Estate

New Adventure!

Edgecliff Estate RP!

ImageImageImageImage
Livingdebgirl

Postby Mathcat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am

(Let me make that clearer. I had fun, but this is my way of writing Kyra out until I feel better able to concentrate on a group RP.)

Kyra politely shook Deb's hand. "It's good to properly meet you. Thank you for your hospitality. I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but now that the weather has actually improved, I really need to be on my way again. I have old friends to catch up with, and last I heard, they were traveling with the Mystics. Unfortunately, they're not going to be anywhere near...I think I heard your friend say Alabaster City. Until another time, perhaps?" And with that, she turned and walked away.
Mathcat

Postby Livingdebgirl » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:03 pm

She was saddened, as once again Kura walked away from her.
Kyra was a traveler, an Adventurer, never staying in one place for long. She understood completely, for she was the same way.
She felt Igor's cold, ghostly hand on her shoulder as he looked to Northern skies, to Alabaster City.
The Drakes were flying, riderless.
"What could be wrong?" The Drakes were starting the mating flight like they had for a century or more on Eldemore.
In Spring.
The DrakesRiders had protected Eldemore for centuries.
Igor gave her the Message from Alabaster City and disappeared.
She went in, packed her backpack, and decided to go.
Soft footsteps behind her made her turn around.
Patia!
The Jader, who had kept her warm, followed her everywhere had decided to accompany her.
They set out, not knowing what they faced, but wanted to help.

Last edited by Livingdebgirl on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edgecliff Estate

New Adventure!

Edgecliff Estate RP!

ImageImageImageImage
Livingdebgirl

Postby NightAssassin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 pm

(YEY TIME FOR MORE INTERNAL MONOLOGUES. :D Imma color code everything this time so I don't go insane trying to figure out which Glitch is which. GREEN = Crazy, weird Glitch, GRAY (or grey, however you spell it) = AI Glitch, BLACK = Glitch in general.)

Deb was leaving. Leaving! And just after they rescued Pina too! What on earth was wrong with Eldemore now?!

Ooo... Let's follow Deb! IT'S TIME FOR AN ADVENTURE.

First, we should find out more on what is currently going on in Alabaster City. We need to -

NO ONE HAS TIME FOR THAT. LET'S JUST GO AND IMPROVISE.

Glitch watched Patia follow Deb. Why didn't she have a Jader? She wanted one. A space-themed one would be nice. Or a tech-themed one.

While ruminating on the fact that life was super unfair, Glitch silently sneaked out behind Deb.

Hey, aren't the Drake Riders those people that protect everyone?

Yes, they are. Why?

Oh nothin'. Except for the fact that they seem to be terrible at their job. I mean, they're supposed to protect Eldemore and here we are, out on some epic quest to help them out.

Stop being so condescending. You've required help before.

STOP RIGHT THERE. That incident with the Grave Keeper WAS. NOT. MY. FAULT!

Glitch couldn't help but wonder if Kurono and Kuar would be accompanying them on this new adventure. She knew that Kyra had gone on her seperate path.
Last edited by NightAssassin on the 42nd of Internet at the beginning of time, edited number of times in total.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
xxxxxImage
All hail Snafu

xxxxxxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx