Nothing Can Stand Forever

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: The War That Needs A Better Name (suggestions?) Open!

Postby Cadeigha » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 pm

A spotted female dire wolf, Wix, steadied her pace along what was more or less an imaginary border. She had offered to snake her way around fighters and to alert if a rebel's scent was recent and nearby. She enjoyed being light on her paws like a feline, sneaking through areas and silently guarding those she trusts. There were bound to be rebels around here at some point, it was just a matter of time before she would smell one, she figured. She had scented one earlier, however it was quite old and almost impossible to figure out. After some tracking, she figured out the rebel had trailed away from the area. She wondered if there would be established borders soon, however there was too much land to fight for at the moment. Everyone wanted a little piece of areas where resources were plenty. Her spotted ear twitched as she focused hard with nose nearly touching the floor, never letting herself slow down. It was better for her to be away from crowds that spoke a lot and busied herself with keeping everyone at least mildly alert instead.
--
Koborid spread out his wings in a long stretch before letting them fold back together, head lifting to the sight of Locket. He seemed entranced about something, making him too turn his head. He didn't really catch anything noticeable, maybe he just caught him at the wrong time. Everyone daydreams at some point of the day. He lowered his body to the ground and wildly shook off any bits of grass he had just laid on a few seconds ago. Green really didn't match with his yellow scales. The male was itching for some plans to attack today, no longer paying attention to anyone in particular until he would likely see someone willing to bring up what to do. He's just a killer, not necessarily a planner. Suddenly he came across a light thought and again turned to Locket's peeking head, approaching him quietly. "Ever painted me before, Locket?" he asked in a low, curious tone.

Hello there!
I love western hognose snakes— and pokemon, games, nature, writing, photography...
I like to be helpful and I love making friends so don't be afraid to PM me if you're looking for someone to talk to!
I'm friendly, I promise!
❤❤❤
Cadeigha

Postby interestingword » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:11 pm

(I know...so many possibilities...)
Axle groped around in the darkness, searching for the bone that fell off. Normally all his limbs stayed on, but a particularly nasty blow from a liger knocked it loose, and he dropped it while walking through the tunnel that connected the rebel camp to the war zone. Of course, he thought, this whole land seems to be blood-soaked and fighting. And it was all my species fault.
He soon grabbed the bone and put it back, then continued on his way back to the camp. After a few more minutes of walking, the ancient reached the opening of the tunnel, and finally relaxed now that he was safe. Or so he thought. One of the rebels, a pure white sea serval, had obviously been attacked and mauled, judging by the blood spattering his shiny pelt. Red drag marks showed where he had come into camp, and he appeared close to dying from his wounds, which were far too deep to heal. Axle rushed over and crouched beside him as the cat whispered something in a faint voice. "Mes-message for Axle," he managed to say, before having to pause and breathe. "Fr-from the leader of t-the dire wolves. He says,'this is o-only an example of what's to co-come.'" Every breath he took seemed to take more and more effort, and while this was happening a small crowd had gathered around to see what was going on. Another serval broke from the crowd to talk to what appeared to be her brother, since their resemblance to each other was uncanny. But she was too late. The white one started coughing up blood, and soon stopped breathing. His gray sibling stared, miserable and shocked, unable to comprehend what just happened. Axle strode over to her, and tried to console her, but to no avail. The gray cat stood up, now with a look of defiance, and whispered so
only the ancient and her brother could hear,"the wolves will pay." With that, she leapt away into the tunnel, of on her doomed-to-fail quest.
"Should we go after her?" Someone shouted, but Axle shook his head.
"This is her fight, and we have bigger battles to win. If she succeeds, then so be it. If she fails, nothing new." He hated having to be so heartless, but it was the only way he knew how to be. (Oh look, I have a new character.)
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby SkieNight » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:14 pm

~Trux~
The sound of hoof beats doubled when the sleipnir galloped. It probably had something to do with his four extra legs, but that didn't matter. In fact the extra legs helped him run, or so the stallion thought, it made sense any ways. But the horse like creature wasn't focused on his legs, or on simply running, his mind was focused on the message that hung loosely in his mouth. That as what the sleipnir was used for, he was a runner and a fast one at that, and he used that skill to travel between camps. It was just another job that he enjoyed. Besides, Trux was not a fighter. If given no other option he'd kick and bit with all his spirit, but if there was a chance to run, he'd take it. Besides being a good runner he also liked running. It made the horse like thing feel free. The wind would brush through his thick main and tail and his legs and body felt light as he pushed himself off the ground and kicked up dry dust behind him. As he ran it was as though the war wasn't going on. He could only hear fighting in the distance if he tried hard to listen for it, and despite the vast amounts of killings the ground here was stained with little red. It was nice, peaceful almost, but Trux was not an idiot and he was not blind to the world. Slowly the stallion stopped pushing himself. He let his hooves fall into a nice easy jog as he neared the rebel came. Letting out an odd, and rather deep whinnying sound he announced his presence.

~Cilia & Nian~
"So... that's all you have." the dark brown cat had gone back to lying down, sitting up had been too harsh on her side. She thought the information over, it wasn't much, but it was good. The runs had plans, that was for sure, and though they didn't involve the ligers Cilia knew that it would affect them in the long run. Her eyes, which were the same color as liquid gold, glanced over the small rune one last time. By now, the tiny things was quaking in front of her as though her were trapped in a corner. His wings were wrapped around his snake like body and his tail was coiled slightly so he could sit up strait. It was clear that he was petrified of the liger, as he should be. Cilia looked down at her wound again and gave it another lick, when she was stronger she'd have to go find one of the healers in the near by camp to check up on it. For now though, she'd simply sit and wait in her shelter. As far as she knew no one else knew that she was here, or that the rune was here and so she was okay. Her eye moved from the run to the entrance of the shelter. "I suppose I can let you go now, since you are of little use right now." her voice was flat, it was as though her mind were else where. "I'll expect to see you just before the quarter moon."

The rune fluffed his odd wings that were neither scaled nor feathered. "Yes, ma'am." he squeaked. He tail uncoiled and the tip of it hooked onto the lantern, he had turned to light it when a vice echoed around him. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Not only could I get caught but you could get killed as well, and you are surprisingly useful." with a small squeak the run turned away and looked towards the entrance. "y-yes ma'am. I-I'll be off now." with two flats of his wings the dragon-like creature was in the air. He cast one look to the liger, as if seeing what she'd do next before taking off out of the shelter and into the trees. His glowing eyes took in the scene around him. He was deep in liger territory and had to be careful, he didn't want to be killed or worse caught and forced to work again. When the rune was a safe distance from the shelter he stopped on a low branch to fix the lantern that hung from his tail. he didn't light it, he just made sure it was more secure.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Wolfz- » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:25 pm

New characters

Username: Wolfz-
Name: Blue
Species: Sea Serval
Rebel or fighter: Fighter, (I think she should be leader of the servals sense she was the first of them, only if its ok with you interestingword)
Personality: She is very sweet but she is one hell of a fighter and is very, very racist but doesn't show a sign of it.
Image:

Username: Wolfz-
Name: Roar!
Species: Sea Serval
Rebel or fighter: soon to be fighter
Personality: She is still growing and the only word she says is 'roar' but she loves to hang around Blue
Image:
Wolfz-

Postby interestingword » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:31 pm

(I'm just doing one character at a time, otherwise I get mixed up.) (Both accepted, and I'm good with that. Can Axle be the rebel leader? He started it, so...yeah...)

Jeckle swung his head side to side, scanning for any rebels that may be stupid enough to trespass. He actually wouldn't have minded if they did, just so that he could have a nice fight after being stuck on sentry for three days. All the rune drake had done was rip the wing of a soldier, but it was an accident. Apparently, nobody else saw it as one, and punished him accordingly. Sneaking a look at a dead elkrin that had been brought for the next sentry, he considered eating the warm, delicious, soft flesh...two minutes later, there was no sign of it, except for a happy drake and a dismayed look on the next sentry's face.
(I have no inspiration. *_*)
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby greenevalley » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:25 am

Sayre

Sayre's breathing slowed, he was now crouching behind a nearby tree, watching the entrance of the small shelter with unhindered curiosity. The scent of a rune was undoubtably in the air. The only question was, Why was it here? This was liger territory, and though it was quite aways from the base camp it was still quite dangerous to intruders.
The feline's thoughts were interrupted by a rather noisy ruffling of feathers. Shifting his gaze, Sayre watched as the Rune he had seen not moments before, clambered out of the tent.

Ears alert, the large feline listened briefly to the creature's parting words. Things were beginning to make sense now. Shifting his gaze, Sayre watched with faint interest as the odd little rune glided away.
After a moment the liger returned his attention to the makeshift shelter. Lifting one padded paw after the other, he silently made his way to the entrance. The familiar scent of a fellow liger hit his nose as he approached. Seating himself at the entrance he peered down with a wry smile at Cilia.
"What an interesting choice in a companion you have." He stated, eyes flickering briefly over her face. "You never told me you were seeing a rune." Sayre gave a hearty chuckle. He knew Cilia was not one to jest, but he couldn't help but be slightly amused at the situation.
greenevalley

Postby Wolfz- » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:41 am

-Locket-

Locket jumped up, his fur fluffed up with surprise. Locket's fur went down when he realized it was just Koborid, "Hey Koborid he greeted, "I've painted lots of Rune Drakes.." he added. "What do you think a Glasswork Dragon looks like? I've never seen one before-no one has they've been extinct for how long now?" he asked half to himself, Locket was always fascinated with things he never seen before. Soon Locket was lost in thought about Glasswork Dragons, imagining the great beasts the once lived, think they might have huge wings with hundreds of tails and more.

-Gehenna & Scar-

Scar and Gehenna walked side by side to the Sea Serval's base camp, in the camp they went to the largest tent that looked like gold but wasn't. Scar saw the shiny pelt of his leader, "The battle was a w-" Scar was cut off by Gehenna "It was a victory! " he purred. Scar purred, he knew it was wrong but Gehenna was more than a friend to Scar. Scar turned his head to see his little sister, Roar.

-Blue & Roar-

"Well done,Gehenna and Scar. " she purred, Where's Rose? she asked looking around for the beautiful red and gold Serval. Blue saw Scar look down at his paws, "She was killed by that herd of Elkrin" he croaked. Blue looked at her tail, "Rose was such a good fighter. " she mumbled, as she looked up "Have you seen that traitor, Locket yet? " she hissed. "Roar!" squeaked the kit Serval. Blue looked a little more cheerful and liked Roar like a mother would.
Wolfz-

Postby Cadeigha » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:07 am

The lone female made a full circle at this point, having smelled the scent of the elkrin carcasses that were here a while ago. She served them as a marker on when to stop and take a break. If she were a bit larger, she would probably be an excellent elkrin hunter. She would only be good as a supporter rather than getting kills on her own. While keeping a serious face she entered a clearing where perhaps she could get a small prey or two delivered to her. There was a pile of freshly killed prey, she saw, and promptly decided to snatch one. Panting to catch her breath after that long quest, the spotted wolf nosed the pile and dragged out a baby elkrin. She hadn't eaten in a while; she may as well eat something big in case she needs the energy for later. The smaller dire wolf began to drag the little thing's hooves along the ground and kept her head low since it was pretty heavy. In fact, it was soaked in water, as if it had been in a stream recently before it's death. After reaching an appropriate area to feast, she laid it down with her and began to indulge.
The female thought about what else she could do today on her own time. Everything seemed a little quieter than usual here. Despite that, her ears remained fully alert and ready to respond to anything sudden. She could never really seem to relax herself since her brothers had died from the war. They were too careless and not looking at their surroundings enough, she thought. An old wound at her ankle stung suddenly, forcing her out of her trance and to continue eating.
--
The drake cocked his head slightly at the male's raised fur, however ignored it after it was fixed. He must have frightened him, well, he supposed that was to be expected. "A Glasswork Dragon, ey? Like the one that's been extinct for just about forever? Before I was even born? Well, a very old drake I knew spoke of stories about one all the time while I was a wimpy little thing. The details on how he looked was left out most of the time. I can remember him saying something along the lines of a majestic-like dire wolf wearing armor, usually on the chest, forearms and a very long tail. They have wings, too. Not dragon but more like a bug's; see-through and colorful. If it weren't for him I probably wouldn't even know what you were talking about. I think Axle would know, right? He's so old he's just a pile of bones now!" he gave a hefty laugh at the end, wondering what that guy was up to today anyway.

Hello there!
I love western hognose snakes— and pokemon, games, nature, writing, photography...
I like to be helpful and I love making friends so don't be afraid to PM me if you're looking for someone to talk to!
I'm friendly, I promise!
❤❤❤
Cadeigha

Postby Tundra » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:51 am

Hmm..I might come to join, as well as find some art to add to the first post to snaze it up a bit. Maybe I could help in minor ways to get this more developed lol.

As for a name..perhaps call it The war The echoed for centuries? or The War of Power and balance

Anyway, before I go and make characters..Are we allowed to use the old CS ancients and Runes/Elkrin? I kinda want to build Valerius a bit more..hes my ancient seen in my signature.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby interestingword » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:02 am

Tundra wrote:Hmm..I might come to join, as well as find some art to add to the first post to snaze it up a bit. Maybe I could help in minor ways to get this more developed lol.

As for a name..perhaps call it The war The echoed for centuries? or The War of Power and balance

Anyway, before I go and make characters..Are we allowed to use the old CS ancients and Runes/Elkrin? I kinda want to build Valerius a bit more..hes my ancient seen in my signature.

I'll think about those!

Yeah, sure, go ahead.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

PreviousNext