Nothing Can Stand Forever

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Nothing Can Stand Forever

Postby Tundra » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:18 pm

I think, I'll just start with 3 characters, and get a few Elkrin fighters out there. I might add 1 or 2 more, depending on how the balance ends up working out. I added a Weakness and Strength section to my form as well, as I think they should be known..

Username: Tundra
Name: Solomon (Valerius is his true Name)
Other Names: Grave Keeper, Keeper of Secrets, Guardian, Warden, Farrier of Lost Souls
Species: Gatekeeper Ancient
Rebel or fighter: Valerius is rebel, as he already in his time has seen much bloodshed
Personality: Valerius is solom, understanding, calculating and wise. He has been around for many centuries, and watched as kingdoms feel and his well grew deeper. He will strike down any who dare try and use him to seek the well he guards with his life. He has no qualms about killing those he feels are truly evil, but wont harm an innocent. He only allows people to call him the Gatekeeper, as only his runebearer Kuar knows his truename.
Strengths: Size for once, and his wisdom. Valerius also can see the darkness of ones heart and judge it to deem them truly evil or not.
Weaknesses: Valerius is indeed a mute, having had his voice taken by the Dead King. He is thin, his bones always protruding, but not like the Ancient of pestilence. His chains always clatter, making sound wherever he walks, and his keys drag on the ground here and there, sounding like dragging metal. He is not at all a silent walker.
Other: Valerius has a necklace which has his summoning stone on it, it allows him to speak, but he rarely dose unless around his runebearer. Removal of this necklace can cause him to go into rage and attack who stole it, unless it is his runebearer. He has also been around longer then many of the other ancients.
Reference Image:

Name: Killian
Species: Male Flame Elkrin
Rebel or fighter: Fighter (Leader of the Elkrin if you let it)
Personality: Killian has no qualms about killing, though his antlers are small compared to other Elkrin, his flames are hot and make up for it. Quite often hes seen burning the dead beyond recondition just to smell the tangent scent of burning flesh. He has a cold nature and will actually kill his own kind if they show weakness, no emotions except for his care of his twin sister.
Strengths: Fire, lots of it. Size, he is actually larger then a normal Elkrin, but my far isn't the oldest.
Weaknesses: Small antlers, he cant engage in combat with his antlers like most Elkrin. Blind in one eye.
Other: Sibling to Irrifahn
Reference Image:

Name: Irrifahn
Species: Female Flame Elkrin
Rebel or fighter: Fighter (Co-leader along side her brother if hes leader)
Personality: Irrifahn is quiet, and calm. She is calculating of situations and quite often backs her brother in fights. Though not as cold, she will still kill any she finds weak. Her eyes are set on the future of all Elkrin, and inspires other Elkrin to raise their hooves in protest against the ancients who were once leaders of all.
Strengths: Her flames are cold, so at first you don't feel the burn until its too late. Calculating, she rarely will step into a fight she knows she cant win.
Weaknesses: Frail, she actually caves under the slightest blows, but is glad to have her brother always back her up. Near sighted, she can see very well close up, but anything in the distance is easy game. She relies on her flames to keep opponents away, getting past those can mean her doom.
Other: Sibling to Killian
Reference Image:
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby interestingword » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 pm

accepted, as usual!

Notice for everyone writing here!
Tundra has suggested some updates to add to this, so if you guys could pause this for a while, that would be fantastic. Not required, of course, post if you wish, but it might make things easier if you don't. :) I'll edit this when I'm done.
Edit: oh look, an edit! Nevermind, you guys can post, this might take a while and there's no point in pausing it. Carry on!
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby Mortikat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Username: VerahCain
Name: Shigure
Species: Cherryblossom Ancient
Rebel or fighter: Rebel
Personality: Shigure is a very silent type. Shes not a mute, but prefers not to speak unless she absolutely has too. She is sure of herself, boasting a confidence in her silence an actions. Although she is beautiful, she prefers to hide that beauty away and to deny it, simply so she will not grow vain and look down upon others. She's a no nonsense tpe fo Ancient, but readily accepts and plays with Anastasius. She sees the little forever fawn as a son in a way. Threaten him, and you will have one angry mother up in your face.
Strengths: Protective, doesn't give much information away
Weaknesses: Often doesn't respond when the situation calls for it, and has a habit of getting a little irritated at others.
Other: Takes care of and drags around an Elkrin fawn named Anastasius.

Username: VerahCain
Name: Anastasius
Species: Cinder Rouge Fawn
Rebel or fighter: Neutral, just follows Shigure
Personality: Anastasius is mischievous and fun loving. All he ever want to do is play, and for some reason, he's never going to grow up. He's in a constant state of fawnhood, so his personality never will really grow up either. He uses his bits of magic to play tricks and pranks on others, but he never harms them. He simply does it to get a laugh.
Strengths: The only real strength he has is his never ending state of childhood; He never sees the seriousness in all that's happening; His mind doesn't wrap around it the way an adult's would.
Weaknesses: He is a mute, and has no real way of protecting himself, as his magic never grew either.

Anastasius
The Cinder Rouge Elkrin Fawn ;
The Non-Bonded Companion

User #77

Eldemorian Inhabitants
Mortikat

Postby interestingword » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:10 am

Ok, accepted!
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby Tundra » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:10 pm

The cold silent night crawled along the skin of a ancient who sat in silence. His fire blue eyes darting between the battling. He watched as many were slaughtered, a battle before him between Elkrin and Sea Servals. Blood splattered across the ground as they fell, eventually the Elkrins fled, their hooves and antlers covered in blood of those they had slew. He watched as the servals scared the victory with glee, but only shook his head. He watched, but didn't move, it wasn't his place. No he was here to guide the souls who were lost, once death overtook them.
Once the servals cleared off the battlefield, he wove his way down, the flames on his head and tail dancing as he walked among the dead. Small light flames of all colors swirled around, coming from the bodies as they followed his steps. It was a painful task he had, but it must be done. He raised his head in silent roar and the spirits swirled around him before flying off into the night sky above him. but a few lingered, their fiery hatred and loss evident. Val could do nothing for this souls, as they weren't ready to pass. His cold eyes mourned for this misguided anger and took them between his claws and snuffed them out, sending them to the well he guarded in his silence. He closed his eyes and let out a deep throat rumbling growl before looking about to see if any others remained.

----

Killian scoffed as the Elkrin ran past him, his blazing eyes watched the Servals dance in victory. O how he was pissed, he just about charged in himself if it hadn't been for his darling twin sister Irrifahn who said "Its best we let this battle go, Our numbers do not need to be any smaller, we shall collect, and launch an attack again, do not fret my brother, we shall win" Killian scoffed, flames dancing from his mouth as he spoke "I am awake my dearest sister..but they do not deserve their est, they failed us, and will be punished for this" At that he turned back and started back to the Elkrin base, his flames burning everything it touched. He glanced back and had to blink as he saw the Ancient before him. Their eyes met, and Killian broke the gaze before he was lost in them. He grumbled and went his way, his sister in tow.
Last edited by Tundra on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby interestingword » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 pm

(ok, I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know what's going on, because we're all fighting in our own little worlds. Can someone please explain?)
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby SkieNight » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:51 pm

{At least for my characters, Cilia is secretly having a rune work and spy for her & someone walked in on her (i'll get the reply out soon) there's a lot of simply talking between characters. Trux is also running into camp to bring news to Axel}

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Tundra » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:53 pm

OOC

As far as I can see, most people are alone. The only ones actively interacting is Cilia and Trux

I had my elkrin start out away from everyone since they wont have anyone to really interact with utill a fight happens, or more elkrin join.

My Ancient will be joining the rebles here soon, hes just doing his designated destiny
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Re: The War That Needs A Better Name (suggestions?) Open!

Postby SkieNight » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:07 pm

{yeah, everyone is alone. I think as we go on people will start to talk with one another}

greenevalley wrote:
Sayre

Sayre's breathing slowed, he was now crouching behind a nearby tree, watching the entrance of the small shelter with unhindered curiosity. The scent of a rune was undoubtably in the air. The only question was, Why was it here? This was liger territory, and though it was quite aways from the base camp it was still quite dangerous to intruders.
The feline's thoughts were interrupted by a rather noisy ruffling of feathers. Shifting his gaze, Sayre watched as the Rune he had seen not moments before, clambered out of the tent.

Ears alert, the large feline listened briefly to the creature's parting words. Things were beginning to make sense now. Shifting his gaze, Sayre watched with faint interest as the odd little rune glided away.
After a moment the liger returned his attention to the makeshift shelter. Lifting one padded paw after the other, he silently made his way to the entrance. The familiar scent of a fellow liger hit his nose as he approached. Seating himself at the entrance he peered down with a wry smile at Cilia.
"What an interesting choice in a companion you have." He stated, eyes flickering briefly over her face. "You never told me you were seeing a rune." Sayre gave a hearty chuckle. He knew Cilia was not one to jest, but he couldn't help but be slightly amused at the situation.

~Cilia~
The female watched with dark eyes as the rune left her shelter. Hopefully no one saw, if they did she'd have a lot of questions to answer. The female and returned to laying on her side again when she heard a noise just outside her tent. Her head darted up and slowly she pushed herself into a more upright position. The scent of a companion caught her nose, she refused to look weak in front of them. Her golden eyes skimmed the entrance and a familiar figure stood at the door. "What an interesting choice in a companion you have." Her eyes narrowed and her lips parted slightly to revile two rows of sharp, knife-like teeth. She forced herself up to a sitting position. By doing so, her wound opened up again, but she didn't care, the situation called for her to sit, not to stand. "If you think I'm giving the rat information you should rethink that idea before I force you to." she hissed, her tail flicked and her side stung but she wasn't going to let Sayre see that. The female liger looked him over once more with a dark glare. She knew that he wouldn't leave her alone until she explained what was going on, or he'd run off to camp and tell, and that was the last thing she needed. She rather liked her little spy, in the last few weeks his compony had proven to be very valuable. Besides, killing him would make him even more useless. "If you must know I'm using him a spy. He's proven rather useful in knowing whats going on behind the rune's lines." she spoke coldly and cooly glaring the other liger down. Sayre shouldn't have been surprised at how cold she was, especially because of the fact that she was unable to fight at the moment.

[center]~Trux~
The sound of hoof beats doubled when the sleipnir galloped. It probably had something to do with his four extra legs, but that didn't matter. In fact the extra legs helped him run, or so the stallion thought, it made sense any ways. But the horse like creature wasn't focused on his legs, or on simply running, his mind was focused on the message that hung loosely in his mouth. That as what the sleipnir was used for, he was a runner and a fast one at that, and he used that skill to travel between camps. It was just another job that he enjoyed. Besides, Trux was not a fighter. If given no other option he'd kick and bit with all his spirit, but if there was a chance to run, he'd take it. Besides being a good runner he also liked running. It made the horse like thing feel free. The wind would brush through his thick main and tail and his legs and body felt light as he pushed himself off the ground and kicked up dry dust behind him. As he ran it was as though the war wasn't going on. He could only hear fighting in the distance if he tried hard to listen for it, and despite the vast amounts of killings the ground here was stained with little red. It was nice, peaceful almost, but Trux was not an idiot and he was not blind to the world. Slowly the stallion stopped pushing himself. He let his hooves fall into a nice easy jog as he neared the rebel came. Letting out an odd, and rather deep whinnying sound he announced his presence.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Mortikat » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 am

Shigure and Anastasius

The Ying Ancient stopped in her slow tracks, lifting her face to look upon the blue, fiery Ancient guiding the souls of the dead. There was something interesting about his duty that Shigure found herself wanting to watch, even if little Anastasius pawed at the ground by her, not understanding why all these bodies were not up and jumping around like he was. The bells on Anastasius' tail jingled as he hoped about to the other side of Shigure, only to have a tail thwack into his head. The fawn immediately sat down, looking abashed at Shigure's rebuttal. The Ying Ancient looked over to Anastasius with hard eyes before returning to watching Valerius, giving her fur a shake before settling down into a sitting position, tail wrapping around Anastasius as he cuddled agaisnt her flank.

Anastasius
The Cinder Rouge Elkrin Fawn ;
The Non-Bonded Companion

User #77

Eldemorian Inhabitants
Mortikat

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's