Prehistory // Ancient Rune Dragon RP

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Prehistory // Ancient Rune Dragon RP

Postby Commander Shepard » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Username:
Commander Shepard

Ancient Name:
Nyarlathotep

Identifies as male and uses male pronouns. (Due to the nature of Chaos though, I don't like playing him as having a fixed gender)

Ancient Type:
Chaos
Ancient Image:
He takes on a number of human forms, but his most commonly used one is that of a handsome olive-skinned man with either black or unnaturally bright red hair, and piercing yellow eyes.

Basic Personality:
Will be shown in rp-- his personality is best described as, well, chaotic. He has little love for anyone or anything; and openly derides the human race. He find the concept of pacts to be absurd, and has more than once raged against Fate and Oblivion for forcing the other Ancients into never reaching their full potential unless they forge a bond.

Abilities:
Shapeshifting-- while he has a few favored forms, Nyarlathotep can take on virtually any shape he wants, male or female.
Madness-- with some prodding, Nyarlathotep can make most mortal creatures take temporary leave of their senses. This power does not work on Ancients, and can be overcome by someone with a powerful will.
Access to outer plane-- While he cannot stop time like his brother, Nyarlathotep can take himself and any other being into a sort of... dimension outside existence, timeless and just a void.
Chaos magic-- due to his lack of a summoner, Nyarlathotep can't use these powers to their fullest extent, and it easily exhausts him. The results of this magic are unpredictable, but often highly destructive and damaging not only to the target, but anyone or anything in the immediate area. He doesn't really care about that, though-- his purpose is to keep things from becoming static, so as far as he's concerned, it's all part of the job. The only way he knows how to 'direct' this is in a very minor time-travel spell, and that's only if there's an incident he's supposed to kick-start.
Timeless:Despite being the Time ancient's twin, the entire concept of time is... difficult, if not impossible, for Nyarlathotep to properly grasp. Everything is now, and he is continuously bombarded by images of his past, the present, of futures that will be, may be, will never be; and it takes an incredible effort to keep himself grounded in what is actually happening. (Note: this only applies to his personal timeline, he can't see the future of any other creature unless they possibly show up in his timeline as well.)

History:
The first thing Nyarlathotep can remember is springing to life in the void, called forth by Seraphina. He remembers her giving his name, and the war between the other ancients and early humanity. After that... well, he's just existed. Been the prodding force behind a handful of human wars and smaller conflicts, egging on his brother and generally just trying to keep himself amused.

While he resents the human race, Nyarlathotep is... mildly amused by their interest in the Ancients, especially the handful of cults that have sprung up to worship them. He's started taking on his human forms a bit more often, going among them to learn more and... well, maybe have some fun in the meantime...

Other:
Not that I can think of ^^ Sorry if it's a fairly sparse form-- Nyarlathotep really just isn't one to care about his history, and I much prefer just playing out his personality xD
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Verdana » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 am

Numair, Ancient of Time and Space
Seraphina, Ancient of Fate
Mbarim, Ancient of Death
Delyth, Ancient of Sunset
Nemestrinus, Ancient of the Forest

These are the finished forms. Please try to get your form at least filled out! You can flesh it out later on. RP will start tomorrow regardless. Please focus on getting your forms done before posting.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Verdana

Postby chicken » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am

Hello there everyone, you may know me as Nellas from CS, though only recently did I find this website. I would be interested in joining this rp, if it is not dead, and if it is still open?
chicken

Postby Verdana » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Is anyone keen to start this up? I am tempted to rekindle it if there's interest.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Verdana

Postby maluruloki » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:43 pm

Hey, Verdana - long time, no see. :)

I'd be game as long as we can get at least one more person involved.
ImageCharacter Thread Still putting things in this space.
maluruloki

Previous

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's