The Palace of Glass: Semi-Literate RP; accepting!

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: The Palace of Glass: Semi-Literate RP; accepting!

Postby Saren » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:36 pm

(Sure thing :) )

After splashing her face with the deliciously cool liquid, Kyreia grabbed Raki and pulled him close, burying her fingers in his scruff. His fur was hot to the touch and she soaked a rag in the river before sponging him down. The sand had found its way into cracks and crevices on everyone, as far as Kyreia knew, and some sores had developed as a result. So she took care when she came across any sand in Raki's pelt, and gently pressed at his wounds with the cool cloth to soothe them.
Standing up, she brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked out across the desert. She knew that the vilage was not far from here, and yet the air was eerily still. Squinting, she peered out, and- there! She could see the red tiles of the rooftops, just visible over the golden dunes.
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby cjr09 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Zero steps off her bison as they rush to the water, taking off her cloak and leaving it on a small bush- before letting out an unnecessarily loud whoop of joy and jumping into the water, refiling her canteens. Windchime hovers over the water like a dragonfly, drinking and avoiding the splashing water.

(Ehhhh sorry it's so short)
cjr09

Postby Archer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Name: Sorin (Rin) Dryston
    Appearance:
    Sorin is tall, reaching close to 6'1", with a thin build. While it is easy to assume that he is not strong based on his frame, appearances are deceiving. A combination of training and constant exercise has resulted in him being made up mostly of wiry muscle. His face is thin and angular with high cheekbones and well-defined sharp blue eyes that don't seem to miss a thing.
    Years of harsh desert sunlight from growing up in Sareni as well as his frequent trips throughout Eldemore have left his skin dark from the sun. After bonding with Merhyn, golden lines swirl up his arms and legs, and down the center of his back much like Merhyn. He has brown hair that is normally kept short. Currently, his hair has gotten longer and the ends are sightly lighter due to sun exposure.
    Normally, he wears black pants with a dark red long-sleeved button-up shirt with a light, golden waistcoat over top. While travelling through the desert, he has taken to wearing long, loose-fitting white clothes that almost completely cover his skin and sandals. He also wears a square white scarf that he wraps around his head so that he is fully covered with the exception of his eyes which remain visible.

Personality:
    Sorin is normally quiet and laid back, more likely to observe than actually take part in conversation. Unlike Merhyn, he is friendly though he can be hard to approach due to the serious expression that he usually wears. He could quite happily spend his life learning new things and seeing new places.
    Strengths:
    Sorin is skilled in both swordplay and hand-to-hand combat, in part due to his father's training. He excels at disarming opponents and immobilizing attackers without seriously wounding anyone. He often uses these skills for diffusing hostile situations. His memory is excellent; he very rarely forgets something if he found it interesting the first time he heard or saw it.
    Weaknesses:
    Sorin lacks people skills in general. He is not good at conversing with others, especially when it comes to idle chit chat or simple visiting. Long range weapons are a serious weakness of his. If it involves throwing or shooting, chances are he has no accuracy.
    History:
    Sorin grew up in Sareni, raised in the small apartment above his family's shop. His mother, and her siblings, ran the shop while his father worked as a low-level guard in the palace. Both he and his younger brother were trained by their father so that when they were old enough they could work at the palace. The eldest child, Sorin's sister, worked in the shop under their mother. Sorin did not wish to become a guard, but most other options were closed to him and his family. What he wanted was to learn and travel. When his elder sister grew sick and passed on, he was devastated and left his home for several days. Fourteen years old at the time, he made a decision that would change his life. A group of travellers agreed to let him come along with them, so he bid his family farewell and set off. His journey brought him to Mt. Bastion at the age of fifteen, and after a couple of years, he became a Liger Keeper. Now, years later, he has returned to the desert in search of his missing brother.
    Seeking:
    His younger brother, Asher Dryston.
    Bonded to:
    Merhyn

Name: Merhyn
    Species: Liger
    Appearance:
    Merhyn has a lithe, well-muscled build with dark reddish-brown fur that darkens to black on her paws and face. Both her mane and tail are a deep, dark red that appear to be black in poor lighting. A swirling golden pattern wraps up her legs, up her shoulder, and runs the length of her spine, ending just above her eyes and at the base of her tail.
    Personality:
    Like most of her species, Merhyn is a very proud, intelligent creature. She carries herself with pride and confidence and is almost always aware of what goes on around her. She is not sociable, nor is she particularly friendly. The only exception to this is Sorin, whom she is very protective of. Despite not being interested in forming friendships or otherwise being around others, she is surprisingly patient and can put up with a great deal before becoming angry.

(Hopefully this is alright, if not I can change it up. I'm glad to see this RP isn't dead, as it seems quite promising. I haven't participated in an RP in probably two years, so I might be a bit rusty. If you're skipping to the town, then I would like if he could join the group when they've reached it. So long as that's alright, of course. Thanks ^-^)

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Saren » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 am

((Oh, that actually works really well! Accepted; I'll add you to the front page.
I was gonma keep the plot twist sort of quiet but there's no real point: I was planning on this desert town being completely covered in the red sand, and everyone being gone. Arrow, Sorin could be the only one left, unless others join of course. Perhaps he was out on the dunes when they came? I don't know.))
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby cjr09 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:55 am

(Two of my characters- Tetra and Lyric- were going to come in at this town as well~)
cjr09

Postby Saren » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am

(Were they the pirates? This isn't the coastal town just yet but we could also timeskip to there to keep it going)
Saren

Postby cjr09 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am

(Ah, nevermind then~ I'm cool with whatever you guys want to do.)
cjr09

Postby Saren » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:53 am

Okay, great :) x
Saren

Postby Archer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:53 pm

(Awesome, thank you! Wow, that's a really neat twist. That works for me!)

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Saren » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:36 pm

"We'll move off as soon as everyone's ready," said Kyreia. "The village isn't too far from here."
Both she and Raki were cooled and rested, but Raki decided that he wasn't cool enough. Standing up from his sitting position, he stepped carefully into the rushing water before flopping down abruptly. Water droplets splashed everywhere, and Kyreia laughed.
"Raki! Honestly, dog. Where are your manners?"
Raki looked sheepishly at her and wagged his tails, exposing his belly- and letting the water run over it, clearing out some sand and muck that Kyreia had missed.
Saren

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's