The Palace of Glass: Semi-Literate RP; accepting!

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: The Palace of Glass: Semi-Literate RP; accepting!

Postby cjr09 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Zero merely pulls up her hood, using the cloth from the turban around her nose and mouth like a bandana to keep out the sand, confident the magic in her cloak would keep the worst of the heat off of her. She looks around the others again, not quite sure what she was looking for, but not finding it among them. "Shall we set off?"

(Sorry I got a little too wrapped up in the Halloween events... )
cjr09

Postby SkieNight » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:40 pm

{I feel so bad about forgetting about this! I'm so sorry. I was so busy at the end of october and beginning of November that I had no time. I hope we can keep this alive. I'm only posting for Kishia right now as I am a bit busy but I promise I'll get back to this}

Kishia listened carefully to the girl and rolled her eyes. Of corse, they'd pick up more people, because four people and one idiot couldn't do this job by themselves. But the girl held her tongue for once, she wasn't about to start picking fights with all of them. She unlatched the bag at her side and pulled out the cloth. She all ready had her hood on, to keep the dust off her face, but adding another layer, or a different layer wouldn't kill her. She took off her clock and carefully folded it and placed it in the saddle bag before she wrapped the turban around her head. It wasn't as stuffy as she thought it would be. The thin, but thick fabric let her breath, but kept the sun off her face, and the dust out of her nose and mouth. If she had to get use to this thing, she most definitely could.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Saren » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:41 am

((Don't worry, it's fine! I actually had forgotten about it too until you bumped it up my posts ^_^))

Once everyone had the material round their faces, Kyreia turned and patted her bison's heavy-set shoulder. "We're leaving," she called over her shoulder, then squeezed her bison's sides and spoke to it softly. Obediently, it moved off, and the packbison moved off with it.
The heat was already making her sweat a little, but a lot of her training had been done outside of the cool, luxurious glass city, and she was used to it. She took another swig of water, but only a small one- they had barely started and she was conscious that in this heat they would need a lot of water and that the remaining liquid would evaporate. The containers were designed to prevent that from happening, but a little water loss was to be expected.
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby Distortionist » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:09 am

Glory examining the others to check their progress when she was done, her hands fluttering around the turban to check for flaws. Losing the cloth would probably be very annoying, if not fatal, because it was already doing so much to keep the dust out of her face. She sighed a muffled sigh and let her arms drop down to her side. This would definitely be a difficult trek. Frowning subtly, the girl copied Kyreia's actions and was startled to find herself lurching foreword although she ad expected it. The ground shifted underneath the bison's massive feet and she gulped.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby SkieNight » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Cyril was not found of the cloth around his face, but he knew that in the long run it would help. He felt so closed in, that he would chock, yet some how the cloth let him breath. His hand instinctively went to the pocket in his shirt. The warm but smooth touch of metal gave him hope. The clock was there, meaning Zeatlan was right besides him. Just get moving, I'm always here. The little voice in his head chirped and Cyril couldn't help but smile at her words. He chuckled softly and tapped the bison instinctively. At fist the animal didn't do anything. Then slowly but surly it began to walk. He took a swing of his water, better keep yourself hydrated in this weather, as they pushed on. He had to move his head to look around, but he did take in the desert. He wasn't sure if any of them would ever come back, but they had to try. What ever was taking those people were still out there, and nothing was going to happen until they were found.

Kishia made sure that everything was in check before she followed. She checked the tie to the other pack bison, she checked at the stuff at her side, and her water levels. All was good. She looked down to the sandy flood. Therimous stood at the beasts side. He wasn't pleased with the thing, but he wasn't going to leave Kishia. He looked up at her and the look in his eyes tolled her that he was in fact ready. She gave him a small nod before kicking the bison forward. The thing moved almost instantly and so did Therimous. In the back of her mind she felt bad for her companion, he had to walk. But she knew that he was born in this place, and was made for the sand and the heat.

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby Saren » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 am

(Do you guys want to timeskip to the next town? I have an idea for it, and it might speed up the RP a little; as of now there have been no posts for a month and a half :P)
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby cjr09 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:54 am

Saren wrote:(Do you guys want to timeskip to the next town? I have an idea for it, and it might speed up the RP a little; as of now there have been no posts for a month and a half :P)

(I honestly thought that you'd given up on it sure yes timeskip is fine let's do this YES)
cjr09

Postby Saren » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:29 am

To be quite honest, I had. But then I found the idea in my notes on my phone, and got all excited again :)

Raki soldiered on bravely, but his ears were flat across his skull and sweat matted his fur. His paws dragged in the exhaustingly soft sand, and his breath came in great pants.
Kyreia's water had run out the previous day, and although they had managed to borrow some here and there from the others, she and all her beasts were suffering. The male packbison had collapsed at one point, and some of his supplies had to be transferred to the younger female. Raki could barely stay on his feet, and his exhaustion had carried through the bond to Kyreia herself, whose lips were dry and chapped and whose eyes struggled to stay open.
So when the bison she was riding stopped dead and sniffed the air, Reia's stomach clenched. He snorted, put his nose to the ground and lumbered off at great speed, tugging the other two bison with him. Kyreia gripped the saddle and leaned forward, and Raki chased after them, snarling desperately in threat.
But then the bison stopped abruptly, and Kyreia was nearly thrown off. He put his head down and drank, and, seeing the ribbon of silver, Kyreia slid down and fumbled with her waterskin to fill it.

((I'd prefer if no one described spotting the town or hearing noises, by the way; unless it's very vague. I have a idea for what it will be like))
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:21 pm

They had said that there had been enough water, that they had nothing to worry about, that they would be okay. Well Kishia was not okay, that's for sure. The thief girl had run out of water slightly over a day ago and now she was thirsty and weak, two things she hated the most. Not to mention her poor sandbison who were all fed up with her for pushing them onwards. The wrap around her head felt like a heat box, something that was helping to keep the sun off her face, but left the air she was breathing to be stuffy and dry. When Kyreia's bison took off hers was just behind them. The girl's dark eyes fell to her dark companion. The pure black dog was over heating and weak from walking, but he smelled it too and suddenly the dark haired girl knew what this was. When the bison stopped and her wolf-like companion jumped into the water the girl smiled. Sliding off her bison she raced for the water splashing some on her face before filling up her skins again.

{bit busy now I'll write cyril's later. He just went to get water too}

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:21 pm

They had said that there had been enough water, that they had nothing to worry about, that they would be okay. Well Kishia was not okay, that's for sure. The thief girl had run out of water slightly over a day ago and now she was thirsty and weak, two things she hated the most. Not to mention her poor sandbison who were all fed up with her for pushing them onwards. The wrap around her head felt like a heat box, something that was helping to keep the sun off her face, but left the air she was breathing to be stuffy and dry. When Kyreia's bison took off hers was just behind them. The girl's dark eyes fell to her dark companion. The pure black dog was over heating and weak from walking, but he smelled it too and suddenly the dark haired girl knew what this was. When the bison stopped and her wolf-like companion jumped into the water the girl smiled. Sliding off her bison she raced for the water splashing some on her face before filling up her skins again.

{bit busy now I'll write cyril's later. He just went to get water too}

~MisterWives

SkieNight

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's