Past, Present and Future - An Eldemore RP

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Past, Present and Future - An Eldemore RP

Postby Tundra » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:26 am

Title has nothing to do with the plot..

Its the days before Hallows Eve, the swirling magics of the lands give serenity to the blistering night. The moon high in the sky, it seemed like everything was as it should be. As the night passed, it grew colder. Creatures all alike huddled down to keep warm, and the air slowly slipped into silence. A small chirp of a cricket in the distance became all that could be heard. The wind started picking up, and clouds covered the moon. It all seemed normal, but was it?

Suddenly, the sky broke with a flash of lightning, striking the ground with a mighty crash. The creatures bolted, frightened by the sudden sound, as thunder followed and rolled across the sky. It began to rain, pelting the ground relentlessly. The lightning flashed again, but this time, a silhouette could be seen. You couldn't make out quite what it was, and by the time the lightning flashed again it was gone. But something wasn't right, as the ground seemed to shake and crack.

And just as fast as it began, it was gone. The area around you returned to normal, but it remained silent. Somewhere in the distance, water could be heard. Slowly, creatures returned to their routines, as if nothing had happened. You stand there, soaked from watching this all, wondering, what..just happened.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can tell this is an Eldemore based Rp, your job, or role within it is to determine, or find out what just happened. Who was this..creature, or was it human? Who knows, all you know is it was definitely not normal and most definitely isn't good. Rules are simple, and everyone will be allowed accordingly. Read the rules, and fill out the form to join.

RULES
1. No Godmode, or powerplay. You must always let the owner or whomever you're interacting with to determine the situation and make their decision, you may not play their characters unless given permission
2. THIS IS AN ACTIVE RP! that means, if you dont post in a certain amount of time your character will "disappear" or, I will personally write them off in some way. No, I wont be killing people, only giving some reason plotwise why their not there.
3. This is a multi part Plot RP, set to start just before Hallows Eve near the Flickering Vales. BUT will travel out of there eventually. So expect me to somewhat..kick the plot along if it becomes stagnant. I am a master at spareatic things happening.
4. I'm keeping this somewhat to Eld lore, but not exactly. You can find more information about eld here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25
5. Be kind and don't harass the other members.
6. If you want an ancient, it must be official on the un-official companionship index page seen here. Im..picky about people trying to use ancients that were made here on Eld, mostly because there is only meant to be ONE of each ancient.
7. You must have both human and 1 bonded rune, elkrin etc. for this RP. I will only accept humans, or humanoids(that means no fursonas, hybrids etc.) as Eld was originally just designed for Humans..And..I don't like furries, anthros..
8. Users are allowed up to 3 bonded creatures, not including ancients. Ancients are unique, and I will require your ancient to meet up to the lore of what Ancients are and can do.
9. This is a semi-literate Rp. Post CAN NOT be 1 line posts, and need to be a Minimum of 5 lines, WITH proper grammar (JK, but pls try).
10. Rp should keep to third person..as if your typing about the character and what their doing. For example
Bob walked over to the door and opened it. He then waved hello to Julie across the street who was doing her yard work.

FORMS
Human Form
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] (Text Here pls. Not before the bold)
[b]Age:[/b](If Bonded to an Ancient, Can be Undetermined/Unknown)
[b]Personality:[/b](WHo are you, and what are you like)
[b]Appearance:[/b](Image prefered, but descriptions will work.)
[b]Favorit Species in Eld:[/b](What species do you like, THIS is not YOUR preferences, its the characters preferences)
[b]Most Disliked Species in Eld:[/b](Same as above)
[b]Bonded to:[/b](names of Your bonded, JUST the names)
[b]Other:[/b](If you find there is more to tell, such as person being a mute, blind etc.)

Bonded Creature(s)
[b]Creatures Name:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b][img][/img](Please make the small images, or if a custom rune, the medium image)
[b]Personality:[/b](Yeh..self explanatory)
[b]Likes:[/b] (What do they like)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (what don't they like)
[b]How did you meet?:[/b](How did this creature become bonded, can be a simple story/descript)

Ancient Form
I'll add code for this later, depending if people REALLY want an ancient

Second post will be reserved for characters and their Bonded
My characters will be posted after 1 day..as I need to get them sorted out first.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Re: Past, Present and Future - An Eldemore RP

Postby Tundra » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:59 am

Current Participants
(All people who are currently in the RP)
Tundra - Kuar - Pyry - Khalid Adir - Valerius(The Gatekeeper Ancient)
Serenity7677 - Lucas - Alicara
SkieNight - Calix "Forrest" Maru - Kisien - Kanros
SilentObserver - Caylee - Hush - Dew

Moved on/Inactive
(People who have become inactive in the RP, or chose to leave)
Patch - Zara Grey - Damos - Shiba
Last edited by Tundra on Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby Patch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:39 am

--- Quit ---
Last edited by Patch on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patch

Postby Tundra » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Name: Kuar(Koo-are) Deylatore(Day-la-tore-ay)
Age: Hes 21 in appearance, but falls under the undetermined/unknown
Personality:Kuar is quiet and observant. He constantly watches the lands around him and assess the situation before acting. When it comes to interaction, he will hold his breath unless its needed to speak. If he starts a conversation, it does indeed expect a reply. he finds it offensive to not reply atleast with something if you're spoken to. After bonding with Valerius, he learned just how important being able to speak can be to someone once they have lost it. Kuar often though will remain quiet even when one speaks to him until he can find something to say.
Appearance:
Favorite Species in Eld: Rune Dragons/Griffins
(The most natural creatures in eld or so he sees)
(Bold, regal, loyal, everything Kuar feels a companion should have and carry)
Most Disliked Species in Eld:Glasswork Dragons/Otterlings
(Glassworks..are like little flies to him..a creation of mankind and not natural to the world of eld..or so he thinks)
(Overly playful creatures, it bothers him how little they seem to care about whats going on around him)
Bonded to:Pyry and Valerius
Other:Kuar not only has a tattoo under his eye, but can use magic because of his bond with Valerius. Like Val, the rune symbol from Val is on Kuars hand, and lines extend down from his eyes both appearing like black tattoo's when he is not using his magic.

Creatures Name: Pyry - (Pie-rye)
Image:Image
Personality:playful, insightful, curious, loving
rain
quiteness
other ice runes
blizzards
Kuar and ONLY Kuar
Dislikes:
warm weather
summer in general
poachers
other people
How did you meet?: Kuar met pyry back when he was a young child in the Celtlands, pyry had lost a sibling to poaching and was near death when Kuar found him and brought the small rune back to health even thoug everyone else had lost hope for him. Pyry now sits on his shoulders watching everything and making sure to protect Kuar as much as possible.

Creatures Name: Khalid Adir (Caw-lid) (Ah-deer)
Image:Image
Khalid also has a scar on his left eye, and severe bite scars on his arms. Along with that he also has a 3 claw mark scar on his back, between the wings running from his shoulders to the center of his back at the base of the wings.
Personality:Khalid is helpful, and a quick thinker. He is also protective of his keeper, and will die for him if it came down to it. His mind though, is a trouble one, having lost his parents as a youngling and battled in an arena for show. If you happen to catch him out of a bad dream, he might lash out at you, his eyes hazed until he gains full consciousness.
Calm breezes
Outdoors
Clear skies
Cleansing rains
Loyalty
Dislikes:
Cages
Long sticks with electricity at the end
Enclosed spaces
Arena venues
Cities
Most Humans
Poachers, and Trainers/Tamers
How did you meet?: Not long after Kuar had bonded with Valerius, he began listening. Kuar found out about the arena where runes were being battled againstt each other. He also heard of a unique fighter, a griffin? a species that wasn't well known in Eld. Kuar attended the arena, watching carefully to make sure he got everything clear. It was obvious these creatures didn't want to be here, they were being forced. Kuar finally did something about it, placing his hands on the bars and freezing them. Khalid, who at the time was in the arena noticed this and instantly slammed the bars shattering them. He met Kuar eye to eye and screeched, furry, rage, hate. Kuar stared back at him with an understanding look. Khalid, at that point ran, taking flight and disappearing. It was weeks before Khalid met Kuar suddenly and joined Kuar. He wanted a friend, someone he could trust, and Kuar was there for him all the way. Now, they work together to end the suffering humans can cause on elds creatures.

Ancients Name: Valerius is his true name, but he is also known as Grave Keeper, Keeper of Secrets, Solomon, Guardian, Warden, and many other names
Image:
Human Form:Valerius's human form is just as solemn as his dragon form. He stands at a good height with dark silvery blue hair that looks as if it were about to catch fire. His silver-grey eyes are sharp and seem to sear into those which he stares into for too long. A long scar spreads across his neck, a reminder to never raise up against the king of the Land of the Dead, and to warn others what may happen if you stray from your intended destiny, no matter how cruel it may seem.
Personality: Quiet, but has a rage that is kept in check. Val also does not like people asking many questions of him, especially since he is unable to answer them. Val is no stranger to death and its realm. However, he has broken his chains that the Dead King placed on him long ago, and forever travels with his broken bonds that still cling to his limbs. His punishment for leaving his post was to have his voice taken away, and the King ripped the throat of the Gatekeeper to keep him silent and his secrets held forever within. Now the Gatekeeper is always reminded of his sins with the scars along his stark blue fur and the chains that forever trail behind him. Although he may be free to roam as he pleases now, he will never be able to speak again and can only whisper thoughts through the Summoning Stone which Kuar carries on him. Those that befriend him, are few and far between, but once friends, he defends them quite well despite his frail form.
wisdom or wise people
Balance
peace
synergy
Dislikes:
death
being a mute
poachers
well seekers(He guards the well of secrets)
bad souls, evil intentions
many more stuff, especially the underworld
How did you meet?: This story was written by Benathorn, so credit goes to her
You are solemn and soft spoken. Though others rarely notice your presence, you take note of everything around you and understand that there is a greater purpose to life. You do not sit idly by and let life pass you, though others tend to pass over you as if you were only a shadow. You are not hated but neither are you greatly known, preferring your own company rather than the company of others. It does not bother you and you are at peace with this, but something about your surroundings seems off. While everyone around you seems to be either white or black in their decisions, you are grey. You often make choices that others would never dream of doing and make sacrifices to better help those you love, no matter the cost to yourself. You are not swayed one way or the other, and instead take heart in your own beliefs rather than lettings others instill theirs unto you. Even though you are often quiet in nature, you have a rebellious streak within you that is defiant when others try to control your actions. For those who appear shy and meek in appearance are often the one's with the sharpest minds and strongest of wills. And so is the legend that speaks of the Gatekeeper that is told only during Hallow's Eve night.

You sit alone at night as you watch the shallow lights of lanterns fill your town with an ember hue. Children are cast about the streets in playful fright as their Runes trail along behind them or atop their shoulders. It brings a smile to your face as you watch from a nearby bench and simply enjoy the cool autumn air. However, a flicker of blue catches your vision and you turn to look behind you to see a bobbing blue flame float aimlessly into the nearby forest of your town. It is not a common occurrence to go chasing after bright flames past midnight but you have always been curious to such things and begin to follow the oddity. The flame is that of a lone fox fire rune as it travels deeper into the woods and more of it's kind begin to gather in a clearing among the now bare trees. Their fires flit from atop their heads and gather into one bright blue flame as you stare at the phenomena with wide eyes. The flames soon burst and a large crystal stone is left in it's place as the Runes scatter and fly off. Curious, you tread forth to see the stone still burning with a blue flame at it's center but cold to the touch, as you pick it up and keep it close to you.

You know of these stones. Large and with great magic, they call out to Rune Bearers and summon great Ancients. However, this stone is silent and the only movement that stirs are the blue flames encased within the crystal. You decide that this is just another oddity on a night full of strange magic. But as you go to stand you realize you are no longer in your own world. A large barren landscape spreads out before you with a few gnarled trees here and there. The sky is unearthly and blue and violet lights ebb and flow across the air as if they were heat lighting. This world is no longer the Eldemore that you grew up in and you can feel your life being tugged at, as if the dry cracked soil threatens to suck it out of you beneath your feet. This is a land that is not used to creatures of life and you start panic, "Where am I?! Somebody, please help me!" You call out to this bare world only to hear your voice echo until it is no more. Was the stone truly enchanted then? Were you cursed the moment you touched it? The sound of dragging metal brings you out of your dark thoughts as you turn to face it.

You nearly jump though as the form before you is startled as well by your presence. A large dragon, with blue flames that burn atop it's head and tail, stands before you with bright eyes. It's markings seem to move as if they have a life of their own, and you notice the sounds you heard were the broken chains that trail from the dragons feet. He leers at you with narrowed eyes and you two simply look at each other in silence. A part of you believes this dragon will soon speak, soon tell you where you are and why you are here. But he says nothing and you notice the scars that litter his body and broken chains before he begins to turn and walk away. "Wait! Where are you going?" You call to him as you run to catch up. You soon notice the horrific scars across his throat as he peers back down at you. "Those scars...can you speak?" You touch your own neck as if you can feel his pain and loss, as he bends his head to stare into your mortal eyes. He opens his mouth, but nothing emits from it and he jerks his head to your stone. The crystal pulsates and a voice begins to chime through, "You are in the Land of the Dead, human. Leave..." He turns away from you once more as he continues his slow pace to nowhere.

"Hold on just a sec. How am I in the land of the dead! I'm not dead...am I? And what are you? Are you one of the Ancients of old?" You ignore his warning as he becomes noticeably annoyed with your many questions. The stone begins to speak once more as he stops and glares down at your form. "No human has summoned me, the Gatekeeper, before. I was told that I would never have a summoner...yet here you are and with a stone that allows me to hear my voice once again when I thought it was taken from me forever...no human. You are not dead but will be if you stay for too long." You can hear the sadness in his voice as he speak to you through the crystal and look at him in question, "Who told you could not have a summoner? What happened?" He looks to you with a silent expression before turning his head away, as if hesitant to tell you anything..."I decided that I wanted freedom and to leave my duties as Gatekeeper. But I learned the hard way that I can not run from what I am destined to do, though I deem the fate cruel. I challenged the King of this realm so that I could be free, but was cast down for my daring to leave my post. You see, young human, the Gatekeeper must keep the souls and dark magic that threaten our world locked away forever. Never to see the day, or to fly in the land of the living, I am tasked to forever collect the spirits of evil and cast them into the Well of Souls. Here they must stay for their transgressions and here I must also stay to keep them under lock and key..." He moves his tail slightly to show the many assortment of keys which dangle from his tail. The soft sounds they made chimed lightly as he peers at you once more with a thoughtful gaze.

"The King said I would never be allowed to take a Summoner as my own and was also punished by having my voice ripped from my thorat, so that I could never reveal the secrets of the well. But it seems Fate herself has decided to deal me a different hand..." You look up at this dragon in wonder and sorrow. So much pain he must endure to ensure that the evil of this world is kept locked away, you can only imagine what it must be like to be chained and bound to your fate. "It is selfish of me young one but...I can obtain some freedom through you if you permit me so." You continue to stare at this great beast as his chains clatter while he moves to take a step closer to you. "You hold my summoning stone, and thus, have the right to be my summoner...that is, if you would have me..." He averts his gaze away as if in shame for asking you to be a summoner of an Ancient as cursed as he. You have heard the tales of those who have recently accepted these pacts and who become either cursed or blessed. You grip the stone harder as the fire burns a bit brighter around it's crystal blue edges. "I'm afraid the only pact I can offer is that of a cursed life though. You would live forever beside me, walking the same cursed existence and judging the souls of the living...The Well must never be touched by mortal hands though, for it holds great and terrible magic deep within its depths. Man covet such old magic but it is I that strikes them down before they can lay claim to what is not theirs." He growls at this, as if remembering a dark past of those who have tried to abuse the well.

You look to the stone and back to the scarred form of the Gatekeeper, his body was lean and looked as if he had been through much to break his chains, only to now wonder alone in this empty place. "No one should be allowed to walk forever alone without at least a friend by their side. Gatekeeper...I accept your pact, not because I feel sorry for you, but because I know I would not want an existence without someone to share it with it. Hopefully now, you will never be alone and I can offer you some sort of solace in a fate that should be shared by two rather than one." The Ancient seems stunned that you would take such a curse upon you as you speak his true name. "You astonish me child...I-I am grateful beyond words for such kindness to be showed unto me..." You smile up at the Ancient with bright eyes as you feel his magic flowing through you, ancient but powerful, "Hey, don't worry about it, everyone needs a friend and besides! It's All Hallows Eve and more than just tricks and treats should be given on this night."
Last edited by Tundra on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tundra

Postby Patch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Okay. ^^
I actually didn't realize the thread was a little older until a little bit ago. I just wanted to join an Eld-based role play. <3
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Tundra » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Yeh, my strive to be in an active eld-based RP is what drove me to make this RP. XD I wanted to use my Darling Val more..
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby Patch » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Okay, sounds good. (:
Wanna keep in touch with me? You can find me writing and derping around on Advanced Scribes:
[ Click here to view profile. ]
(If you like role playing or just writing overall, I recommend checking it out. ♥)
Patch

Postby Tundra » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:24 pm

last bump, then I will close this to just you and me.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Tundra

Postby Patch » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:37 pm

{ Okay. ^^ }
Patch

Postby Serenity7677 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:29 am

Psst, i know i'm here 9 days after the last post, but can I sneak in with the phoenix as a companion and join the RP?
What is there to say? Hi and I love you all?
Serenity7677

Next

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's