Arrival~ Posting is Welcomed!

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Arrival~ Posting is Welcomed!

Postby SkieNight » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:15 am

{I hate posting twice so I can't apologize enough, however, here is the first post of the rp. Remember this is till open for joining and yeah... let's just agree to have fun ^^}

It was hot, even with the breeze and even just sitting in the shade. The boy had been leaning back against a tree for most of the late morning, with a huff he sat up and glanced around. Erren had posted himself on the edge of the forest where the small group had made camp. His one good eye scanned the open field that rolled down towards the ocean, even from where he sat the boy could just see the dark water that stretched out into the horizon. His eyes narrowed and browns knotted together as he stared off towards the sea. The sea was suppose to give them freedom and fame. Instead it brought death and destruction, and because of that the boy no long found joy staring out at the glanced waves. As he watched the horizon all he could feel was a hot rage boiling deep in his stomach. To make it worse he knew they wouldn't come, the King hadn't sent anyone on the ship who was worth save. If they never returned no one would morn.

The short boy forced himself to his feet, hoping that movement would clear his head of nasty thoughts. Pushing some strands of brown hair form his face he huffed and turned his head to get a better look at his surroundings. "Three days..." He mumbled, leaning back into the shade of the tree. Three days... it seemed to long and yet, it was like a dream. His eyes fell to his feet, though only one could see them, they had held the memorial service last night. As much as Erren wanted to believe that the others were out there, he couldn't. The storm had been harsh, just thinking about it caused bumps to prickle up and down his arms. Shaking his head, he stalked off towards the beach yet again, hoping to find something. Though at this point he didn't even know what he was looking for.

Trees brushed past her in a blur as the slim figure gripped onto the doe with strong legs. Her arms raised and the string slid back into its place by her ear. Her auburn eyes narrowed in on the target just a head of her, and her lips tightened. Taking in an even breath she pulled back further, her fingers brushing the pointed tips of her ears. A snap echoed and her eyes never left the arrow as she spun through the air and hit the tree with a thump. "Stáci," The Elvian whispered softly, and the dark brown Elkrin slowed to a stop. The girl's eyes turned back to the target and a frown found its way across her features. Sliding off the deer-like creature's side she walked up to the tree and pulled the arrow from the side of the target, she had missed by a good five inches. With a huff, she threw the shaft over her shoulder and into the holder before tossing the bow onto her back. If she was going to keep missing she'd take a break

I think you just need to breath more, and relax. The Elvian girl shot a glare towards the Elkrin. "Who asked you?" She mumbled. The deer gave her a knowing look, her golden eyes shimmering in the scattered light of the trees but she added nothing else. Ebony pushed her dark hair from her face, tucking the strands behind her long, peaked ears. Whipping her hand over her sweating brow she let out another tired breath. It was certainly getting hot, and summer hadn't even arrived. Going back to the Elvian camp could be best. She frowned again at the thought before walking back towards Asteli and hoping back onto the deer's back. Without asking anything the doe began to move back towards the trees towards the river that wound its way through the forest and out towards the plains. You're still made at your father? The voice echoed through her head. It wasn't a question, so much as a confirming statement. "Why wouldn't I be?"

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Yonaka Kyoki Prince » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:26 am

:: Name :: Eroica Dreamthief
:: Companion :: Unknown.
:: ♂ ::
:: Location :: Gruidae Mansion-Up in the clouds
The sun hung high up in the sky as the world below moved on. Eroica smiled as he looked out from his mansion's windows, watching the various avian guards outside do their rounds and the younger hatchlings fussing at each other. He turned his gaze to the training compound, sighing dreamily as he watched the lovely play of muscles and wings as his guardians trained and sparred amongst themselves. Oh- what a magnificent day! A knock at the door roused him from his daze as he spun back to face the door in a swirl of feathers. "Come in!" He called. The large doors of his study room swung open as a young male dressed in servant's clothes walked in, bowing as he spotted Eroica. The younger male flushed prettily as the 'Dreamthief' bestowed a smile on him. Stuttering out greetings, the servant who had lovely wings of gold and specks of red hurriedly gave a small note to his lord before scuttling out.

Eroica pouted. What a pity... If only I could tease the little darling a while longer.Humming a cheery tune, he fiddled with the note in his hands and opened it. Written on the note was a request from one of his many comrades in arms(stealing) to meet them at the lake that resided in the Gruidae House's grounds. Nodding to himself, Eroica knew that his day was going to get better from there onwards. Combing a manicured hand through his curly hair and preening his long red plumage, the noble's black talons click-clacked across the polished marble floor as he made his way back to his room.

:: Name :: Hermina Duran
:: Companion :: None
:: ♀ ::
:: Location :: Eldemore shores- washed up
Down below the clouds in Eldemore's forests, a light fog rose amongst the trees. A rabbit bounded out of the undergrowth before promptly being pounced on by another being. Hermina gave a sigh of relief as the rabbit in her hands twitched once before falling still, the thought of fresh meat brought hope to her weary soul as she trudged back to her makeshift camp at the clearing in the forest. Misfortune had caused her ship to capsize not long after the starting journey and dumb luck had washed her ashore to this strange land where strange creatures roamed. Reaching her safe spot, she noted that nothing changed, and the hut she had made still held strong against the elements. Laying the rabbit down on the ground, she began the chore of cleaning and gutting her kill. She washed her hands in the small stream that ran nearby, vowing to herself to find more food to dry and stock up on fur pelts if she were to ever survive in this new world.
The berries Hermina had gathered earlier were taken out of a small pouch made of sewn skin and speared on a stick, followed by the rabbit which was strung over a hastily made fire. Said fire crackled away merrily as she roasted both meat and fruit. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the others later...

((Note, may post a couple times to get characters off the ground too meet up with everyone. But don't worry, at most I may post two to three times on a page~))
Last edited by Yonaka Kyoki Prince on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My dreamie on Eldemore is the 'Faded Galaxy Ancient' and a few others
:.Important.: All named pets are off limits- Not For Trade
Status:.: Lost at sea with Niles- currently hitching a ride upon the Ancient Leviathan
Trade Status:.: Looking for the Faded Galaxy Ancient.
Only trading baubles and Bazaar pets for other Bazaar and wishlist pets.
A̢͞h, sweet ̢c̵̕͢hi̕l̴d o̢̧f̨͡͠ ͜K̵͢o̸s͜͝,
returned to the o͝cę̶͢a̵͜҉n̵̡.̡.͜.҉̴͞.
A b̮͜o̷͕͎̼͚͎t̹̦̻̬͖̰t̮om̮͢l̡͉͓͖̦̬e̘̪͉̩̞͟s̸͇̭ͅs̡̲͇̣̣ ̺̼̮̫̙͟c̡̦̳̳̹͕u҉̹̺̦̘̼r̟s̟̦̣̟e̘͓̯̠̻,̲
͙̲̙̥̀ͅA b̤̟̦̺͙̜͔̜o͓͕̺̞t͍̝̻͕̙̗t͚͍̪̱̞͓o͉͙̦͔̝̻̗̱̫̟̖͈m̫̹͈̠͓̭͈̥͔l̦̭̳̭̙̱͚͎͈̤̻e͈̳̬͕̘͍̝͇̣͉s͍̯̼ͅs͔̩͎͉̙͇̫̘̥͙̲̞ ̤̜͈̹̼͚̖̜͔̫̥̘̪sea
Accepting of all that there is and can be.

Samhain, All Hallow's Eve Event
Yonaka Kyoki Prince

Postby revenant » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:05 am

The tavern was hot and loud, as all taverns should be. Drunken men guffawed and argued noisily, playing cards and chatting up the tavern waitresses. Music was ever-present beneath the babble of voices, and smoke from the cooking fires rose up to the wooden ceiling. Deryn sat at a table in the corner, hungrily devouring a piece of bread. Her bow was casually propped against the wall beside her, but she still wore her leather cuirass, and her eyes cautiously scanned the room. She frequented this tavern, and most of the locals knew her well, but it paid to be cautious. She was still being hunted.

The town was a small one, not far from the sea. Most of the residents were farmers or fishers, and it showed in their calloused hands and tanned skin. Now was the time between the evening and afternoon shifts in the fields, and many workers had crowded into the tavern for drinks and food. They were simple folk, in a word- few connections outside of their own town, no superiors to report to. In short, the town was the perfect place for a fugitive. Deryn left the people alone, and they returned the favor- all but a few. She had worked with a few people in the town, flying messages or deliveries to wherever they needed to go. By dragonback was the fastest way to travel, and people would pay a fair amount of coin for such services, especially now that she had several pleased customers to vouch for her. One such customer was approaching now, weaving her way through the crowded tavern towards Deryn's table. The woman was a tavern waitress, who had hired Dulinth's wings several times before. The dragoon eagerly leaned forward in her seat. This could mean a job, if she was lucky.

The tavern waitress, a young woman named Chloe, reached the table, her blonde hair spilling over her shoulder as she propped her hands on the table and leaned slightly over it. Her ever-present sea serval leaped into Deryn's lap, and she stroked its silky fur. "Well?" she asked hopefully, looking up at the other woman. In response, Chloe placed a leather pouch of baubles and a folded scrap of parchment on the table. "Have you heard the news?" she asked. Deryn picked up the paper and unfolded it, her eyes scanning its words. It was the sort of message a courier would carry, written in large numbers by some scribe in order to inform as many people as possible. On the back was a map, showing a coastline some ways away, with an X marked in ink. "Some people washed up there," the waitress said, pointing at the map. "Word is they're not from here." Deryn looked confused, and she added, "Not from Eldemore, I mean. Sounds mad, I know! Look, if you can find out something more about them, I'll give you three times this." Here she gestured to the pouch of baubles. "Just- find some information, and bring it back to me. I want to know as much about these people as I can." Deryn was somewhat taken aback- Chloe sounded oddly passionate about this, more so than any of the previous tasks she had requested. Maybe the waitress had a hidden passion for studying and knowledge, or maybe it was something else. Either way, it was not Deryn's place to question. "Got it," she said quickly, pushing the sea serval off of her lap and pocketing the pouch of baubles. She grabbed her bow, and started heading for the door. "I'll be back with your information in no time at all." As she exited the tavern, she heard Chloe's voice calling after her. "Try not to get yourself killed!" She was only half joking.

As Deryn stepped into the bright sunlight, she could not resist grinning happily. The best kind of jobs were the ones like this, jobs she would actually enjoy rather than carrying some boring letters for coin. She would see these new people herself, whoever they were, and get paid for it. If she had heard sooner, she might have gone herself, baubles or no. As she walked out of the small town, she fumbled in her pocket, withdrawing a flat, carved runestone. She cupped her hand in front of her mouth, whispering words in another language. "Dulinth, meyz wah zey."

As she watched, a dark shape lifted from the forest and detached itself from the treeline. It moved swiftly, and within moments, the shape had become the defined form of a drake. Dulinth circled above her, the veins in his wings visible as the sunlight shone through them. A whirlwind of dust swirled up at his wingbeats, until finally his taloned feet touched down and the wind subsided. "We got a job! We got a job! I told you we'd get a job, didn't I? You wouldn't listen, but we did!" Deryn waved the sack of baubles in front of her drake's nose. "It's a fun one, too, by the looks of it, some people washed up on a beach and we're going to go find out who they are." Dulinth rumbled his discontent. "Hey, don't be like that," Deryn scolded, "They're not just any old people on any old beach- alright, it is any old beach, but it's not any old people- they're not from here, you see-" As she babbled away, she tightened Dulinth's harness, checking and double-checking the fastenings. Hooking her fingers around a leather strap, she pulled herself up into the saddle, securing the safety straps across her thighs. From a saddlebag she withdrew a pair of goggles, placing them over her eyes. The goggles let her keep her eyes open during even the fastest dives, shielding her eyes from the wind. She also fastened her furred cape around her shoulders. Even on a warm day such as this, the wind could feel freezing. Deryn tapped Dulinth's neck and leaned forward to give him the command.
"Vok."

Dulinth leapt into the air, a powerful downbeat of his wings carrying them upwards and away from the village. Deryn whooped gleefully, lifting her arms up from the saddle. Years after her first flight on a drake, it was still the most amazing thing she had experienced. She almost pitied the people who were stuck on the ground, bonded to the lesser creatures whose wingless forms kept them trapped, like she would be if not for the drake. She wouldn't trade flying for the world. They soared ever upwards, until Dulinth banked and began to follow the coastline. The sun reflected off of the sea, almost blindingly bright. In the air, at the place where sea met land, Deryn felt free. They could go anywhere, together. Not as a master and a servant, like a man on a horse, but as equals, alike not in form but in heart. Dulinth roared, a powerful sound that echoed off of the faraway mountains, and though he could not speak it was clear to Deryn that he felt the same.
Last edited by revenant on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby Yonaka Kyoki Prince » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:32 pm

:: Name :: Eroica Dreamthief
:: Companion :: Unknown.
:: ♂ ::
:: Location :: Gruidae Mansion-Up in the clouds
The door to Eroica's room swung open as its owner strutted in, fitting in wonderfully with the garish furniture and stained glass windows that made interesting shapes dance across the room. Eroica trilled happily as he fluttered to the closet for his 'date' at the lakeside, a finely groomed tail swishing across the carpeted floor. Picking out a nice set of clothes and laying them on his bed, the noble decided to take a nice long bath. He was feeling rather chipper today, so the noble went into the adjoined bathroom with a spring in his step and moving to a tune in his head, sashaying. Switching on the various bath taps, he began his bathing ritual, which involved herbal soap, soaking and much needed grooming for his feathers. It was common knowledge to all avian that feather grooming was very important, and much more so for nobility or those with long feathers. With a snap of his talons,the bathing maidens were summoned as they soared into the room, the high ceiling of a typical avian bathhouse allowed the average avian plenty of freedom.

The room was filled with steam and herb fragrance as Eroica shrugged out of his morning wear and sank into the large pool, allowing the servants to cleanse him, revelling in the feeling of cleanliness and the dregs of morning sleep fade away. With a soft sound, Eroica uncurled his large seven foot wings, sighing at the maidens' gentle handling of his self. He blinked thoughtfully as he was washed down and the bath water drained much to quickly for his liking. Nevertheless, he stood up in full glory, wet gold tresses hanging down as his plumage was dried carefully, followed by his wings and lastly his tail. At the quiet hum that signalled the end of his bath, Eroica gave a beatific smile to his followers and gently ushered them out of his room. The avian ladies giggled as they fluttered out of the room in a daze, closing the doors upon their exit.
Of course, Eroica was in no hurry, so he strutted back to his bed, taking a closer look at his clothes as he dressed. A black sleeveless top with a pair of lavender Indian harem pants with tribal patterns at the hem. A simple set that contrasted his ivory skin and knew it would be perfect with the new gloves he got recently. Now dressed and primped up, Eroica took out a satchel from under his bed, checking and double-checked again as his usual tools were stored in the pack. Carrying his satchel, he preened his wings and arm feathers one last time as he took off to the meeting grounds.

Arriving there in no time, Eroica whistled, a high-pitched sound as he landed on a large sunbathing stone by the lakeside. The water near the rock rippled at his arrival, the Dreamthief seeming like the very picture of a angel descending. The picture of serenity was broken as Eroica moved, his wings folding themselves as he sat down on the rock and watching the water and fishes that lived below go about their way. Bzz! Bzzt! His peace was broken as a humming sound resounded nearby and a flash of pink caught his eye. A grin appeared on his face as he cheered. "I knew it! It could only be you who sent me that coy note darling!" His feathery red crest rose in excitement. Trilling of various pitches could be heard as the blur of pink halted and paused in front of Eroica, allowing the glimpse of the creature.

The Humming Bumble was a exotic little creature, with a long, needlepoint beak, lovely eye feathers and dual wings- one of bird feathers and another pair of seemingly glasslike material. Despite the critter's bright pink colour, it was not to be underestimated when on spying/ reconnaissance duty. Its small sharp claws allowed purchase even on seemingly smooth surfaces. Crooning, Eroica held out his gloved hand, watching as the smaller bird landed on his outstretched palm and trilled a small greeting. The Humming Bumble lifted a small leg as a tiny package revealed itself. In curiosity, Eroica took the package which glowed and transformed into a piece of parchment. Words began to form on the paper as blue eyes roamed over them.
Dreamthief, I have received news that not too long ago, yet another ship has capsized on Eldemore waters. While I know that avian do not interfere with such trivialities, I know that you'd love another chance to loot whatever treasures that may be abroad the ship. Beware though, I have a bad feeling about this.
May the Guardians watch over you.
PS:: You seem to have taken a liking to this one, so he can be your little messenger for the moment
THIS WILL COMBUST ONCE READ.

Scorching the contents of the letter into his mind, Eroica flicked the parchment away as it promptly caught on fire and fizzled out of existence a moment later. Chuckling, the thief contemplated the treasures he might find on the capsized ship. Gently giving the bird a good head scratch, he deposited it on his shoulder as he whispered his praise and reply to the little fellow. I have such good friends indeed. Lawrence always did like dramatics and mystery after all- sending such anonymous notes with flair. Giggling at his thoughts, he thanked fate that his current dressing meant that he could simply fly off without a care. Contrary to popular belief, Eroica did little to no paperwork, which meant he was free most of the time to do his own things.

From his shoulder, the Humming Bumble took flight, buzzing around cheerily at him, breaking Eroica's train of thoughts. Its mood was infectious as Eroica himself felt a high coming on. He too followed suit, snapping open vividly patterned burgundy wings and soaring up into the open air. Together, both enjoyed the misty fog and lazy skies. Rising higher into the atmosphere, the Humming Bumble soon whistled a short goodbye and went on its way to give Eroica's 'reply'. Eroica himself went on his merry way, a bright dash of colour in the misty skies as he did a variety of aerial acrobatics to entertain himself, loving the feel of wind rushing through golden locks and spread tail across the blue, blue sky.

:: Name :: Hermina Duran
:: Companion :: None
:: ♀ ::
:: Location :: Eldemore shores- In the forest
As Hermina's meal finished cooking, she took the meat off the makeshift stand and blew on it before nibbling. She savoured her food quietly and polished off the remaining berries. Licking the juices off her hands, she stood up and walked over to the stream to clean up, the soothing tack-tap sound of sharp wooden sticks that rattled in her side pouch. Washing her dirty hands, she took a better look at herself in the water's reflections. Thick, pale ash hair framed a tired face with a set of stunning green eyes that had a strong will to survive in them. Broad shoulders, dark, tough skin and tall height, she was in every way a worn and road weary warrior. Currently, Hermina was wearing a wolf skin pelt for her upper half(from a wolf that she had ambushed and bludgeoned to death with her fists) and a pair of ratty pants that she savaged from the beachside. She had a variety of minor scrapes and bruises from the ship incident and newer ones from her hunting.

Hoping for the best, the young Duran stood and huffed as she hummed a short tune to encourage herself to find civilization. Surely in a place like this, there should be some natives that could help her out. Returning back to her campsite, she extinguished the fire with efficiency borne of years of training. Packing the minor provisions and handcrafted tools she had into a knapsack that she woke with, the female resigned herself to another day of scavenging, if she was lucky, civilization and work was on the menu- if not, she did not want to go to that train of thoughts.
My dreamie on Eldemore is the 'Faded Galaxy Ancient' and a few others
:.Important.: All named pets are off limits- Not For Trade
Status:.: Lost at sea with Niles- currently hitching a ride upon the Ancient Leviathan
Trade Status:.: Looking for the Faded Galaxy Ancient.
Only trading baubles and Bazaar pets for other Bazaar and wishlist pets.
A̢͞h, sweet ̢c̵̕͢hi̕l̴d o̢̧f̨͡͠ ͜K̵͢o̸s͜͝,
returned to the o͝cę̶͢a̵͜҉n̵̡.̡.͜.҉̴͞.
A b̮͜o̷͕͎̼͚͎t̹̦̻̬͖̰t̮om̮͢l̡͉͓͖̦̬e̘̪͉̩̞͟s̸͇̭ͅs̡̲͇̣̣ ̺̼̮̫̙͟c̡̦̳̳̹͕u҉̹̺̦̘̼r̟s̟̦̣̟e̘͓̯̠̻,̲
͙̲̙̥̀ͅA b̤̟̦̺͙̜͔̜o͓͕̺̞t͍̝̻͕̙̗t͚͍̪̱̞͓o͉͙̦͔̝̻̗̱̫̟̖͈m̫̹͈̠͓̭͈̥͔l̦̭̳̭̙̱͚͎͈̤̻e͈̳̬͕̘͍̝͇̣͉s͍̯̼ͅs͔̩͎͉̙͇̫̘̥͙̲̞ ̤̜͈̹̼͚̖̜͔̫̥̘̪sea
Accepting of all that there is and can be.

Samhain, All Hallow's Eve Event
Yonaka Kyoki Prince

Previous

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's