Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Postby Commander Shepard » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Discussion/character thread

This is a bit different than my usual roleplay. This has no real plot, no goals even, not really. This is sort of a... playground, shall we say, as Eldemore's lore gets updated and more and more sort of character possibilities get introduced, it might be fun having a space for others to test things out :)

The rules are simple-- first, stick to the site and roleplay rules. Keep consistent with the lore-- do not introduce major new landmasses, though small cities are allowed; nor can you create your own creature, use the ones released on-site, though you can give them distinguishing marks *scars, slight difference in build/coloration, items, paint, brands, but nothing drastic*. Do not create wildly different/nonexistent designs. This is art theft. Please, just stick to what is in the Codex ^^ This also means to stick to the rules governing creatures, including that they do not speak, nor are telepathic connections a thing! The only slight exception comes with Bonded creatures, they and their humanoid companion can more easily read each other's emotions and the like, but there's still no like... words or the like.

No character limit, just play as much or as little as you feel comfortable with; and any/all genders and sexualities are welcome, as well as all listed Eld races/species! Do not use customs unless they belong to you. Ancients may be played, public ones are on a first come, first serve basis; custom ancients may only be used by their owners.

Please, use decent spelling and grammar, and at least attempt to avoid one/two line posts, just make sure people have something to reply to; and just... don't be a jerk xD If you are interacting with another person's character, I suggest you tag their username and the character(s) at the start or end of your post. If you have gone more than a page without anyone interacting with your character and you would like to do something, please ask on the OOC thread.

From near and far, people of all sorts have come to Alabaster City, ready to watch-- or participate in-- the famed Drake Trials. Some come just to observe the people, to spend some time in the city, whether for noble or... less noble reasons; cutpurses and vandals flock to the crowd like ligers to a library. Who knows, perhaps you'll meet a new rune to bond with, hang out with a Seeker, join the griffon riders as they mock the Dragoons... or perhaps find yourself speaking to someone who just seems a little... off. And after the festival... well, who knows what might come to light?
(They/he/she)
Call me Shepard or Paine!

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
but you'll never be better
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- WIP, do not post

Postby Commander Shepard » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:33 pm

The sun beat down hot that day, making the bright Alabaster City all the brighter in the intense light. Nothing more than a wisp of cloud existed to mar the brilliant blue sky... at least, if one didn't count the steady influx of beating wings. Dragoons were the most prominent of course, pulling in from far and wide to see their new comrades join, but there were occasional breaks of winged slepinirs, or the rare griffin. One such creature was currently soaring over the city, little more than a blot of solid black from those observing below... seemingly trailed by two smaller, not quite so dark blots.

"I told you, we need to go down, now!"

The griffin's dark eyes flickered back just for a moment, her long ears going flat against her head as she let out an irritated trill. Yes, she knew the insufferable woman on her back wanted to be back to the ground, but she wished to remain flying... and besides, the... small ones seemed to enjoy it. The larger small one seemed to not care either way, fast asleep in the woman's arms. A sharp tug to her feathers elicited a short, loud screech, but Paine knew then that she wasn't going to get away with this any longer, that fool had learned how to make it hurt, just a bit, but not actually cause... damage.

"I'm sorry, but if you'd just listen, I wouldn't have to resort to that," Shepard grumbled, gently stroking the area she'd had to pull. She still wondered about getting proper reins for the griffin, but... well, Paine barely put up with her, she didn't want to imagine what she'd do to anyone trying to fit her with a bridle or saddle. Well... so she thought, but an image still came to the front of her mind, and it was... amusing enough to warrant a chuckle, at least. A strange sound caught the woman's attention though, and she was surprised to find it was coming from Paine... laughter? Could griffins laugh?

Ah, well, questions for another day. Shepard held on tight, bracing herself as her mount's ill-matched feet made contact with the ground below, just where forest would give way to city. Shepard dismounted, giving Paine a gnetle pat on the shoulder, earning nothing but a low chatter as the griffin stretched out her legs.

The smaller specks settled quickly onto Shepard-- Songbird taking his favored perch on her head, while Elizabeth settled daintily on her shoulder. The woman smiled at the small glasswork dragons, taking care not to dislodge them too much as she set Ashlyn on Paine's back; the only sign of the rune's wakefulness was the glittering black slit showing her eyes weren't fully closed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, it's too bright. But you'll need to wake up anyway," Shepard said, starting along the path. "The city's gonna be packed, it'll be a miracle of we get any sleep at all during this... but hey. We need to make some friends, right?"

'Right', she thought. But while the other three made no response, Paine just rolled her eyes as she followed along.

This was going to be a long week.
(They/he/she)

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Postby Seraph » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Lavelle's boots and Seraph's silver talons clicked against the worn stone of Alabaster City's cobblestone streets as they wove through the throng of Dragoons, Elvians, Wolf-kin, Avians, humans, creatures, and stalls that were selling every kind of good imaginable. Alabaster's emblem was proudly displayed around every corner and flags bearing Alabaster's official colors - white, blue, and gold - fluttered in the breeze that promised a day of endless possibilities. Jewelry glinted in the sunlight as vendors with voices as sweet and soothing as honey persuaded reluctant customers into buying their shining trinkets for outrageous prices. Souvenirs that depicted the four great Dragoons and their rune drakes were sold to eager people for only a handful of baubles. Different kinds of incenses perfumed the air with a variety of scents from all around the world. Young children let out peals of laughter as they dashed to and fro in a heated game of tag, completely oblivious of the ruckus they were creating as they shoved grumbling adults out of their way. The smell of freshly baked bread wafted through the air, and her mouth watered as her gaze landed on a stall selling loaves of bread, a variety of different-flavored pies, and - oh. Mini cakes. Yum. Vel grinned mischievously, standing on the tips of her toes to reach Sera's ear so that she could be heard over the din of the crowd.

"I'm in the mood for some cake," Vel mused, placing a hand on her griffon's shoulders to guide her towards the stall. "You wouldn't mind a slight detour, would you?"

Seraph simply ducked away and snapped her beak disapprovingly at the lavishly decorated sweets, shifting her wings and huffing impatiently.

"Well, then," Vel shrugged and raised her palms up apologetically. "Your loss!"

Vel felt the griffon's disapproving glare on her back as she stepped into the shade of the stall, clearing her throat to catch the baker's attention.

"I'd like to buy this cake, please," she said, pointing a finger daintily at a tiny red velvet cake that was labeled '8 baubles'. She fished the baubles out of a small purse at her waist and gratefully accepted the pastry from the baker. She bit into the cake and sighed with pleasure, closing her eyes for a blissful moment. What a nice start to her little adventure!

{I don't know... I tried xD}
Last edited by Seraph on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
|| Ultra Collection completed as of Oct 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM ||

x

x
Seraph

Postby LunaHydreigon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:37 am

A mysterious cloaked figure slowly trotted into the city, her face was shadowed and eerie. Behind her, a muscular Pheonix Rune Drake followed closely behind. His sharp eyes moving back and forth with his head low as if everyone was his enemy. Though he snorted at the sight of what he thought as, 'insufficient creatures' Who was this strange person with a dangerous Rune Drake? The stranger walked up to a food stall.
"You sell meat here?" Her voice deep and low as she slammed some baubles onto the tablet.
"Y-Yes, we do, would you like some?" The startled owner said.
"More like my partner here does. You have 10 pounds of it?" The Drake began licking his lips and eyeing the man.
"I am sure we do."
"How much for them all?"
"Since it's 10 baubles per pound, I would like 100 please."
"What about 50?"
"Now Ma'am meat isn't cheap to get," He explains to the stranger.
"Keeping a Drake happy isn't easy either," she pointed to the Rune who had sat down and was growling viciously.
"I'll take 75, ok?"
"Fine, just hurry up?" She got out some more baubles and leaned against the stall and waited for the seller to have the meat cooked and ready. This human was quite different than the others, she did not appear all too happy about the lively city.
(Trouble Maker! >3
My forum will be posted on the other thread soon, fyi)

--------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage
Founder of Choro-Q Universe | July 16 | Proud Artist
"To Watch & Protect"
~Necro-Plazam, God of Plasma~
--------------------------------------------------------
LunaHydreigon

Postby Silverhart » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:44 am

He looked awful.

Trudging into Alabaster city on foot; hot, dirty, unshaven, his clothes half torn... It looked like he'd gotten into a mud wrestling fight with a Sleipnir. Ancients knew he felt like it.

The Black Forest Dire Wolf walking comfortably at his side refused to even look at him. In contrast to her Warden the big wolf was beautiful, her coat full and soft, shining in the sunlight, her step even and confident.

Her Warden groaned, and she stopped, and looked up at him.

"Don't look at me like that."

The Dire Wolf turned away in the lupine version of a shrug. It was no skin off Moritz's nose that her Warden couldn't hold his seat on a horse. He had blamed her for spooking the animal, which he'd lost control of. Then she had watched him chase the beast through the fields and woods... all the way to the city. He hadn't bothered asking for help, so she hadn't offered any.

Sterling Roscoe scoffed at his wolf. He was in too much pain to deal with her at the moment. He needed a warm bath, a hot meal, and some clean clothes. He looked like a vagabond, and smelled like he'd slept in a cow pasture - hardly looking like the "upstanding" Naval Lieutenant he had set out on this journey as.

The two shoved their way in among the crowds of the city. All Sterling wanted to do was deliver this packet and then enjoy the festivities that accompanied the Drake Trials. If he got reprimanded for slacking off, then so be it. He hadn't been to one of the Trials in years, and he was dying for some candy floss and gladiatorial combat.

Neither seemed to be in sight at the moment. But there was the scent of pastry hanging heavy in the air. Sterling's stomach growled in angry protest, and he lurched past a griffin and her rider to slam against the counter of a bakery stand, startling the poor baker into nearly dropping a tray of fresh cakes. He demanded two sweet meat pastries, and was met with a slack-jawed look. Grumbling, the disheveled man pulled a handful of baubles from his pouch and dumped them out on the counter. He was rewarded with two small, steaming hot pies, one of which he proceeded to shove into his mouth with the voracity of a hungry Dire, disregarding the looks from those around the stand.

"Think fast, Moritz."

Startled, the black Dire Wolf, looked around for what her Warden was talking about. He flung the second meat pie at her nose. Without thinking she snatched it out of the air, and swallowed it in two bites. She licked her chops in a lady-like fashion, and dutifully sat at his feet to catch the crumbs, one ear turned toward the crowd.

(Alabaster City: Come for the candy floss, stay for the gladiatorial combat! XP)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Alexisdiemos » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Tsubaki snorted as she flew towards the large human city. Alabastar city. She rarely ever made contact with humans. She thought she was too noble to interact with such low beings on this land. The large purple dragon flapped her wings as she gracefully landed a few miles away from the city. Her eyes flashed a bit and a mystical veil swirled around her. Turning the large dragon like creature in a small human size. Her human form. Which looked quite human, expect for the purple hair with golden streaks. And her bright purple eyes. But must people don't take a second look at her and see what she really was. Tsubaki dressed herself in the finest silk and cloth. Then put on some jewelry that would make her look noble. "Might as well look better then those disgusting humans." She purred to herself. Looking at the city she started to walk towards it.

Tsubaki arrived at the city only a couple hours later. But she still looked as good as ever. "If i didn't have my magic, I don't know what I'd do." She spoke softly to herself, as she looked at all the humaniod creatures and their bonded.. Well they were practically pets in her eyes. She just shook her head. "I'll never be like that too anyone." She said to herself and walked on. Heading to the market district. She wanted to buy some things for herself.
ImagePicking Perfect

Alexisdiemos

Postby SkieNight » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:49 pm

Opening the blinds, streams of light poured into the shop. Araedia's honey gaze followed the people walking to and fro on the street. The crowds were larger than usual in the white city, and the thought that even more were coming caused her chest to bubble with something that could be described at hope. This was her chance to make more, to pull herself back to a life where she only had to worry about paying the taxes for her shop, no about having enough to buy dinner. Flipping the sign in the store's window to open she pushed the door open, letting a warm breeze blow into the small glass store.

Turning back into the store she looked over her small home. Rows of neat glass orbs and glass vases lined the glimmering shelves. Not a grain of dust lingered anywhere, all her pieces glowed with a cleanliness that the store hadn't seen in months. It was all perfect, it had to be. Walking back through the shelves of glasswork and metal trinkets, she made her way to the back of the shop. Araedia pulled the curtain closed across the exposed hallway, hiding the staircase and back room from the public's view.

With a happy sigh the young woman turned around and found her place behind the counter, her eyes staring out the window, waiting for a person, any person to take interest and peek in, and she'd welcome them with a smile and wave of her hand, and they'd- Something landed on her shoulder, and her attention turned to the dragon-fly sized creature. Zaetlan looked just as excited as Araedia, the small green creature beamed in a new set of bronze armor. Rubbering her head gently with a finger Araedia smiled. "I know girl," she said, her eyes drifting back off to the shop entrance. "This might just be our chance to get back onto the right track." Her hands found the old box where she kept the money and pulled it out, setting it on the counter, she'd have bought a new one if she could afford it. Bending over so that she was just under the counter, she rummaged through cupboards and boxes looking for everything she needed to start the day.
SkieNight

Postby Commander Shepard » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Shepard kept ahold of Paine's collar was she and her little... menagerie walked the cobbled city streets, the sharp click of the griffin's talons somehow quite audible even in the general din of the crowds. She had stowed her dagger away in a small pack on her back, figuring... well. Even if she and Paine didn't get along the best, she liked to believe the griffin was enough of a deterrent to any would-be muggers, and even if not, she would at least be willing to help. And if not... there was always Ashlyn, or Elizabeth, or...

"Songbird?" Shepard called, her eyes going wide when she realized the second glasswork dragon had gone missing. Elizabeth shot awake, lifting from Shepard's shoulder and letting out a small, distressed cry upon realizing her friend was gone.

"Hey... hey, it's okay Liz, he can't be far, he... oh, that stupid dragon, where could he have gotten to," Shepard frowned, casting a brief glance up at Paine, who shot a dirty look in return. 'You expect I ate him?' the griffin seemed to ask.

"No. No, that's..." Shepard paused, a sudden light catching her eye. It was a shop window, full of lovely glittering glass pieces, and... there! Just in the window was Songbird, hovering as he inspected some of the pieces. Shepard jogged forward, the other three following at her heels, though only Ashlyn and Elizabeth followed inside-- Paine sat sullenly by the window, keeping her gaze on the inside.

"Ah... hello?" Shepard called as she stepped in, frowning slightly. It sounded like something was going on, but there was no one to be seen at the counter.

{Tags: SkieNight, Araedia}
(They/he/she)

...art|| trade
.Shep || -
...You can fight
...like a krogan
run like a leopard
than Commander Shepard!

...by viddi
...Image
Commander Shepard

Postby Seraph » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Vel was abruptly snapped out of her reverie as she was jostled to the side of the street hastily by a human, who was quickly followed by a beautiful black dire wolf. The mini cake she was holding almost slipped out of her fingers, and she fumbled ungracefully in an awkward dance to keep her grip without destroying the delicately-layered frosting on the pastry. Sera let out a startled squawk and unfurled her wings, as if anticipating a reason to take off.

After the initial shock subsided, Vel was immediately filled with a tinge of annoyance and opened her mouth to protest, crossing her arms disdainfully.

"H-hey, watch it, mister!" she sputtered, wrinkling her nose as she inspected her slightly-crushed cake. Oh well. It At least it still tastes good. Sera bristled with hostility just over her shoulder, her ebony eyes glinting. Although Vel didn't show it, she appreciated the sense of protection her griffon friend gave her. "What in the name of Mythandian do you think you-"

Vel abruptly stopped her rant in mid-sentence as she finally turned to face the disheveled man. She blinked twice, raising her eyebrows and gaping in surprise for a few moments at his torn clothes and ravenous eating before gathering her bearings again.

"Woah there, what happened to you? Did you get in a wrestling fight with a Sleipnir" Vel asked with a snort, smothering a slight smirk.

{Tags: Silverhart, Roscoe}
Last edited by Seraph on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
|| Ultra Collection completed as of Oct 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM ||

x

x
Seraph

Postby SkieNight » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:59 pm

{I'll be adding my other character, Forrest soon, he's just still in the works}

As the young woman shuffled around behind the counter, she hadn't even noticed the Glasswork Dragon that fluttered into her store. "Where is that notebook." Araedia mumbled as she shuffled through the box, she liked to keep track of where each of her pieces went, all the glass was made by her own hand and each piece was special to her in one way or another, she liked to remember who bought what. The sound's of footsteps echoed for a second before vanishing leaving the only sound in the shop to be a voice, "Ah... hello?"

The shopkeeper's head shot up, only to meet with the bottom of the counter. Swearing under her breath she rose slowly from behind the table, rubbing the top of her head. Araedia glanced towards the counter where a very amused Silverleaf Glasswork sat. The young woman turned her attention to the only other person in her shop. The first thing she noticed were the other woman's eyes, one dark brown the other blue, the new visiter seemed younger, at least by looks, though Araedia had no idea.

Putting a smile on her face the shopkeeper spoke, "Sorry I was looking for something. Is there anything I can help you with?" It was then that Araedia noticed the other creatures that were now in her shop, a rather large Glasswork, a smaller Glasswork Dragon, and a nicely sized Rune that was more a purple-y color. What caught Araedia's eyes next was the creature looking in her window, one she had never seen before. "Is that a Griffin?" The answer was yes, the young woman had read enough to recognize one, but she had never seen one. "Incredible," She turned to the dragonfly-sized creature that stood on the counter before fluttering to her shoulder. "Don't ya think Zaetlan?"

{Tags: Commander Shepard, Shepard}

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Next

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's