Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- Open {Myri post 4}

Postby parlaymars » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:36 am

Myriani smiled in appreciation when the handsome man toasted with her, her smile turning into a smirk when the avian sputtered on the heavy spices and powerful vapors of the fire liquor. She clinked glasses with the human before downing her own shot, sighing as the warmth slid down her throat. It tasted of home, and of summer.

When the avian--Tyrik-- introduced himself, she listened attentively. It was always good to know a few things about your drinking buddies. As Tyrik finished, she began to speak, the firewine starting to colour her cheeks.

"I'm Myriani, but you can just call me Myri. As you can see--" she pointed to one ear, "--i'm an elvian. I hail from the western part of the continent, near what you call Norsland. I'm not there anymore, obviously. Got kicked out for bad behavior." she smiles lasciviously at that before falling back into her chair, content to let the others carry the conversation for now.

From her vantage point she sees a woman approach, with fire liquor in her hand and a serval at her hip.

Interesting.

She very much appreciates the hair.

{Tags: Tundra: Kaur Kalo: Tyrik, Silverhart: Sterling, Saren: Aileana Startedraining: Yasmina}
parlaymars

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Postby Silverhart » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:33 pm

“Ah,” Sterling wasn't paying much mind to the man – Kuar, he'd said his name was – his attention focused as it was on the sampling of his fire water. He smiled as the Elvian silently toasted him, and quickly threw it back, feeling it pleasantly sear the back of his throat.

He glanced over at the Avian, who'd said his name was Tyrik, chuckling good-humoredly as he saw the young man's face upon taking a sip of the fire liquor. “Too strong for your tastes, laddie?” He huffed in amusement, glancing up at another newcomer – this one a young human girl. He gave her a curious glance, wondering if she knew someone here.

Listening to the introductions passed around, Sterling swirled his finger around the rim of his empty glass, eliciting a soft whining sound from the smooth surface. “Roscoe,” he said by way of his own. “Hailing from the thrice-cursed briny.” He opted to forgo saying just what he served as – it was enough for them to know he was a sailor. A sailor could easily goof off in the city – an officer in such a populated place could have a little more trouble. Plus, at the moment he didn't look nearly intimidating enough to be taken seriously. “Forgive my current state of disarray,” he added, picking at his clothes. “My Dire is off wandering somewhere in this ham-shamble city.” He shrugged, seemingly not concerned about their separation. His mind was too preoccupied with his own wolfish hunger which seemed further roused by the consumption of the alcohol. Ignoring the rudeness of his actions he grabbed the attention of a serving maid and asked for whatever they had on the menu. “Any of you want something?” He glanced at the group half-mindedly, before sending the maid away to the kitchen.

“Bad behavior?” He cocked an eyebrow at that, his curiosity in the Elvian piqued. That sounded like more of an invitation to questioning then a warning to him – the man had always had trouble deciphering admonitory tones. As soon as someone told him to drop a subject he felt obliged to latch onto it even more doggedly.

(Pfft. Sterling you could never pull off intimidating, you dimwit. XP Anyway... Tags: Lady LeStraud : Myriani; Kalo : Tyrik; Tundra : Kuar and Valerius; Startedraining : Yasmina)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby madimimi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Cadenza flew into the city. ""Alabaster City.... It is much more crowded then I imagined..]Suddenly, an arm of one of the very many humanoids that occupied the city shot out twoards her. "Watch it, you clumsy human!" She flew up a bit higher, so that she wouldn't almost get knocked from the sky, or crushed, again. Taking the time to see what was going on, Cadenza hovered in one spot for a few minutes. Her slightly glowing eyes scanned the huge city around her. There were merchants attempting to sell their over priced goods, huge crowds of humans actually buying the stuff, and in the air, up above her..."Wow". There, in the sky flew absolutely huge crowds of humans and their 'Bondeds'.
Many, many humans riding atop Rune Drakes, A few on winged Sleipners, And even fewer on Griffins, there were, at most, three. It's even more crowded up THERE than it is down HERE. Candenza sighed.
Well, any chances of me leaving any time soon are pretty much ruined.. With a sigh, she hovered down, carefully, towards some booths. Perhaps I can rest in one of those, if I find a spot noone will notice me.. ( Well, here a goes nothin'. My first attempt at roleplay. I hope it isnt TOO bad..
ImageCadenza Amoretta
madimimi

Postby Tundra » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Kuar - Pyry
A waitress walked up to Kuar handing him a glass of water, which he accepted. Standard edicait for a bar to provide water to those who are not drinking. Kuar took a sip as he listened to everyone introduce themselves. The only one who didn't speak up, was the thief Kuar had spotted earlier. Her aura had changed, less malicious in intent and a more curious stature to her stance. Kuar was glad she had decided not to try anything, afterall he would have had to do something back, and that wouldn't end well. He always, had a hand at being a little over dramatic when it came to things beings stolen from him. The last thief, never was seen again, but no he didn't kill them, just made quite the impression on them as to why you dont steal from him.

Across the room, someone raised their hands in a cheer to themselves. Seems they had just won a larger pot in the game of cards being played. Kuar glanced over, his eyes narrowed at the men there. They all were pissed, and Kuar could already see why. There was a pot of 1500 baubles sitting on that table, the hand that had won, was a Royal Flush, one of the rarest hands in the game. But, on the floor sat a few 'spare' cards that seemed to belong to the mister who had won. The cards on the table where K, 2 J, and 5 and 10 on the river card, all same suit. As the man reached to drag in his winnings, one of the other patrons stabbed a dagger right between the man's fingers. And then, all heck broke loose.

Two grabbed the man's shoulders and threw him from the table landing in the square center of the groups table. The legs gave out beneath his weight and the whole thing collapsed. Kuar, instinctively grabbed his glass of water and stood up as everything went flying..including Pyry who was flung across the bar and onto a mans face. Suddenly the whole bar seemed to erupt in a fight, fists flying people stealing, weapons drawn. Kuar looked at the rest of the group, seeming calmer than he should be waiting to see their reactions. The man who had broken their table, soon was rising to his feet, and instead of going for who threw him..he turned his anger towards the group, grabbing and swinging at anyone he could get his fists on. He took a swing at Sterling, fully intent on the fight that would follow.

(Madimimi you don't have a character in this RP, the link to the discussion thread where all characters are posted is on the 1st page post. OR, you can go here to post your character)
Last edited by Tundra on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby revenant » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:07 pm

It was late in the afternoon, and the sun was starting to sink behind the tall buildings, but the streets and marketplaces were as busy as ever. The people who populated the city varied immensely, from nobles in rich silks to guards in full armor to beggars in patched rags. Deryn took the time to drop a coin into the cupped hands of one such beggar as she passed by the thin woman's pile of meager possessions. She knew what it was like, having no home to go back to. It wasn't easy. Now, however, she could spare the coin. The clasp of her coat, the symbol she wore so proudly, was that of a dragon, cast in a reddish metal. Its snarling head was the symbol of the Red Dragon Mercenary Company, where she worked. The jobs ranged from potentially fatal to mind-numbingly boring, but it was a steady source of coin, and the other mercenaries were friendly enough.
It was a job that had brought her here, to Alabaster city. Some rich noble wanted his Sleipnir herd transported. He'd got himself convinced that someone planned to steal them. Where he got the idea from, Deryn wasn't quite sure. The job went well, and the herd was now corralled safely in a pen not far from the city, with Deryn's rune drake to guard them. The mercenaries who had been assigned the job were now free to wander the city for as long as they pleased before they were due back at the base in a week's time. There were four in all, but as time went on they gradually drifted off to explore the city on their own.
Stopping in a rare clear spot where no people walked, Deryn reached up and pulled the furred hood of her cloak down, looking around at the tall buildings. The city was all dusty brown and gold in the daytime, but as the sun slowly began to slip beneath the horizon, long shadows stretched across the ground. The temperature was just beginning to drop, and though the sun-baked buildings still retained plenty of heat, outside it would soon be dark and cold- and possibly dangerous. Deryn was armed with her bow, as well as numerous daggers, but she was still in no hurry to get jumped in some dark alleyway. It would be better to be inside, but where? She had just been wandering all afternoon, and she still wasn't sure what it was she was looking for or what she wanted to do. Maybe find somewhere to eat, get a drink, play cards. A tavern was as good a place as any.
The buildings around her were all shops. Deryn picked a random direction and started off, reaching up behind her head as she did to undo the tie that kept her hair pulled back, letting her dark brown hair fall in wild, tight curls that reached to a point between her shoulder blades. She wore a pair of goggles around her neck, from flying, as well as a soft leather cuirass and a fur-trimmed, hooded cape. She adjusted the strap of her quiver, the arrows clattering together against each other. They were mismatched, looted and scavenged from battlefields and corpses. None of her features marked her as important, a look she was careful to maintain. Deryn preferred to pass unnoticed through the cities she visited. Her dark skin, wild hair, and red dragon clasp were the only features she could be remembered by- though she was not unattractive, her features captured nothing more than a moment's thought. The hair and skin could belong to anyone. The dragon made her stand out. And, of course, there was the other dragon.
Dulinth, the drake she had bonded with, waited outside the city, guarding the sleipnir the mercenaries had transported. He was a beautiful creature, all dark brown scales and gold wing-sails, and a fearsome fighter too. Deryn never brought him into the city. He was too large for most of the streets, and drew more attention than she cared to have.
The streets were clearing now, as people vanished into their homes or inns, to eat and sleep. They would be out at the crack of dawn the next morning, hawking their wares to the rich visitors who were visiting for the drake trials. Up ahead, an inn came into view, the sign stating its name hanging above the door. A menagerie of creatures was outside, those bonded to the people within. As Deryn approached, the door swung open and someone stepped out, carrying with him the loud sounds of talking and a sliver of bright firelight. Deryn reached the door just before it swung shut, grabbing its handle and pulling it open. It was much warmer inside than out, and crowded. People sat at every table, and a sea serval hissed at her as she nearly stepped on its tail. Laughter, followed by shouting, erupted from a group of drunken men playing cards. Despite the large fire, the room was not smoky, and the smell of cooking meat was on the air. Weaving her way between the crowded tables, Deryn looked for somewhere to sit.
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby Kalo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:43 pm

When the waitress passed him a glass of water as well, Tyrik was relieved, though he tried not to show it. He was tempted to down it all at once to allay the lingering burning in his throat, but settled for a more polite sip.
    "Oh, ah, yeah, a bit," he answered Roscoe, the last person at the table to have introduced themselves. He ducked his head slightly and turned his gaze away, a bit embarrassed about the attention he had received and the reason for it.
    Ty turned in surprise upon noticing the table's new acquaintance, sending a friendly smile the girl's way. Upon realizing that there wasn't a chair for her, he glanced about in an effort to find an unused one amongst the throng of people, all the while attempting to keep an attentive ear trained on the conversation at the table.
    His search, however, was given quite the interruption when one of the card players crashed into the table, sending everything - including Pyry, it seemed - flying. Still trying to process what had happened, the Avian wriggled out from under the table's wreckage. Although, once he was on his feet, under the table seemed pretty nice. The entire tavern was uproar. Bottles and glasses and plates were being thrown everywhere. Some weapons were even drawn. Ty himself felt the urge to reach for his swords. But... it probably wasn't his best option. Especially in such close quarters - he didn't want to get anyone hurt if he could help it. Fists it was, then, if it came to it.
    "Roscoe!" Ty called in warning, unable to do anything about the drunken man rushing the sailor. He was too preoccupied with a guy throwing wild punches at anything that moved. He ducked, narrowly missing the man's fist. But he wasn't so lucky the next time, getting clocked square in the jaw. He stumbled back into someone else, diving out of the way before another punch could be thrown. The next second forced the Avian to throw up a wing to block a flying beer bottle. In the meantime, the first man decided to target the second, leaving Ty safe.
    For the moment.

{Tags: Tundra, Kuar; Startedraining, Yasmina; Lady LeStraud, Myriani; Silverhart, Sterling; and Anders with Deryn, now, it looks like! ^u^}
    Edit: switched "half-born" to "Avian"
Last edited by Kalo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby Startedraining » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Yasmina didn't even have a second to introduce herself-- some dude literally fell onto the table they were all sitting at. Drinks splattered all over, and the table itself collapsed. Yasmina stood up abruptly and stepped around the chair she had been sitting in, ready to defend herself from any one coming at her.

The man who had fallen looked dazed, if only for a moment, before he looked angry. Excuse me, sir, but you fell on us. She watched him swing his arms at Sterling, or at least the person she assumed was Sterling. She hadn't exactly been paying attention to the introductions. She lifted her chair from the ground and tossed it lightly in the man's direction, enough so that it plopped on the fallen table and bumped into his leg. The man turned with an upset-sounding noise, and the distraction was enough. She slipped behind a group of people locked in a death roll on the ground, then returned to Sterling's side-- ready to defend him.

The entire bar seemed to be hostile and brawling. Mob mentality does exist, this is hard evidence. No one even seemed to be worried about the fighting, which was a cause of wonder.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- Open {Myri post 5}

Postby parlaymars » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:44 am

Myriani listened attentively while the rest of the group introduced themselves, swirling her firewine around its glass, watching the ripples in the gold-and-red liquid. She was brought out of her lull, however, by a rather large and seemingly angry-looking patron. He was tossed unceremoniously onto their table, smashing the latter into kindling.

"Hey!" she shouted, standing up in an outrage (the liquor still grasped firmly in one hand). And then someone threw a punch, and all hell broke loose.

A tall, slender woman with a mean expression advanced on her, dagger out and flashing menacingly in the light of the fire. Myriani looked hastily around at her party, noticing they were all busy in their own defenses. She saw Yasmina pair up with Sterling, Tyrik blocking a bottle with his wings, and Kuar taking stock of the whole situation. Whatever he was doing, she didn't think he was going to help her. She was on her own for this one. Myriani held her hands out pleadingly, a lilt to her voice.

"Miss! We can work this out--" she was interrupted by someone's presence quite close to her, the proximity making the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

A thick, musky, decidedly male scent washed over her, the scent of unwashed bodies and facial hair. She half-turned towards the threat, the woman forgotten for the moment. Her assailant managed to get one arm around her waist, throwing his heavier weight into it, taking them both to the floor. They scuffled, him reaching for her hair, and finding it.

The man yanked her to her feet by a handful of her dark locks. Her breath was torn from her by the pain of it, and when her feet dangled off the floor and her eyes were watering, she looked him in the eye and balled her hand up into a fist. Too late he realized her intentions, the smirk bleeding off his smug face. Her fist impacted squarely with his cheekbone and jaw, there was a sharp, crunching sound, and his eyes rolled back into his head.

{Tags: Silverhart: Sterling, Tundra: Kuar, Anders: Deryn, Kalo: Tyrik, Startedraining: Yasmina}
parlaymars

Postby Goblin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:25 am

A girl stands on the outskirts of Alabaster looking at the lights and people milling about and begins to wonder how many of them will be participating in the drake trials the next day. She looks up at her drake, Cuprite, and smiles. We're going to be busy tommorow, aren't we? The drake just snorts in response not looking forward to having to drag people out after they get lost in the forest, which happens every year.

She continues into town while her drake takes off towards the palace and a odd looking sea several pads by her feet moving expertly through the crowd.

(My character is here - viewtopic.php?p=372762#p372762 )
Goblin

Postby Silverhart » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:57 pm

Roscoe was rooting around in his cup like a hog in an empty trough, so he was taken aback when a man suddenly crashed onto the table, breaking it, and sending the cups flying. He blinked like a sleepy Owl Rune in surprise. So it was that kind of pub, was it? Somehow with a name like The Singing Maiden he'd expected the place to be a little more respectable.

While still blinking in surprise, a sharp blow to the man's chin sent him sprawling to the floor. Sterling lay there stunned for a moment – his smarting jaw was the only thing he could register for a few seconds, as his sluggish brain tried to process what had happened. Why was he staring up at the ceiling? It took an inordinate amount of time for him to put two and two together and realize he'd been struck, and that a fight had broken out above him. Once he realized that, Lieutenant Roscoe bolted into a sitting position, wincing in pain as he rubbed his chin. He didn't fancy being trampled underfoot. He sprang to his feet as quickly as he could. Tottering on his pins, he tried to focus on an enemy to take his vengeance for his painful jaw on. A face loomed in front of his, and Roscoe took a blind swing at it. He missed his target by a wide margin – which was probably for the best as when the fog in his skull lifted he noticed it was one of his own adopted party, though their name escaped him.

Before he could fully acknowledge his mistake he was hit across the back of the shoulders, and whirled. He hadn't even done anything this time! Why were they attacking him? Why couldn't they keep their brawling to themselves like honest men, and leave a poor starving sailor to his meal? He swung another punch, this time colliding with something hard. He leaped back, cursing and drawing his bruised fingers close to his chest, glancing around to observe the chaos as he nursed his stinging knuckles.

Chaos it was, with cutlery, plates and furniture flying through the air along with a host of squawking Rune Dragons. He saw several of the people from their table fighting in the fray, but saw no reason to offer aid. He was at present more concerned with his own well-being. He cursed his Dire Wolf's absence as a pitcher flew at his head, and nearly brained him. It would've been nice to have her at his back in such a brawl. Her teeth could cut through crowds a lot faster then he could.

Sterling had been involved in many a bar fight before, and he wasn't quite intoxicated enough to wish to add another to that list. The light from the open door caught his eye. A free meal isn't worth this, he decided. Picking up a broken chair leg, the lieutenant wielded it like a baton. With a half-hearted battle cry, he charged into the fray, beating himself a path to the door through the sea of angry patrons as quickly as he could. If the others were smart they'd get out of there before the Dragoons descended on that place to break it up.

(Tags: Lady LeStraud : Myriani; Kalo : Tyrik; Tundra : Kuar and Valerius; Startedraining : Yasmina - apologize if I missed someone)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's