Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- Open

Postby Goblin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:01 pm

She walks down the main road and hears fighting coming from the local pub. A brawl, already? Isn't it to early for this? sighing she picks up her pace and follows the racket.

Cuprite almost seeming to sense something's off banks to the side and lands a short distance from the pub while the crowd around him scrambles to get out of the way. He turns as Rayy steps around him and heads to the door only getting two steps into the pub before a man runs at her obviously drunk.

Simply stepping to the side she watches as the drunkard goes flying out into the street narrowly missing a carriage making its way through the crowd. She looks around at the mass of people throughing punches or scrabbling back off the floor, she gives a slight nod and a low rumbling roar sounds from her drakes throat shaking the pub itself.

(I'd write more but I'm on a tablet and it's hard enough as is)
Goblin

Postby Tundra » Fri May 01, 2015 5:13 am

Kuar - Pyry - Valerius - Khalid

The thick sickly odor of blood, sweat and the beer filled the air. Along with the smell of fur, scales, and other odors covered by the magical creatures within the confines of the building. The fight had started as fists and weapons, now, it had come to fangs, claws and other means of the creatures defending their bonded. Pyry himself was spiraling in the air to escape the rage of another rune whom he had 'bumped' into during the chaos. Fleeing back to behind Kuar, Pyry cowered, hating the fighting. Kuar himself hated the fighting as well, he prefered things to be civil. Chaos, resulted in pain and death. Already some man was on the floor screaming bloody murder as a dagger had ended up in his shoulder.

Kuar this entire time remained quiet, watching as people joined in the fray, causing their own trouble. He would have been perfectly fine with remaining quiet as everyone else resolved their unintentional problems and fights. This, wasn't going to happen, as one of the patrons slammed into him from behind knocking Kuar forward and into the fray. He stumbled his hands flying out to catch himself before he crashed into the glass covered floor. He regretted this though, as he somehow managed to drag a male down with him.

This man, had a direwolf by his side, its fangs instantly lashing out to protect its bonded. The sharp teeth piercing into Kuar's shoulder and going into the death shake(When they shake their head to "kill" their prey). Kuar screamed in pain, feeling the sickly feeling of blood flowing from his arm. Kuar had to act quick to stop the direwolf from ripping his arm off. His opposing hand flew up, fire forming around it and he grabbed the Dires lower jaw, the creature letting go instantly as the flames burnt its flesh and fur. But, that didn't end the situation as the direwolf quickly collected itself and went at him again.

It, was met with a wall of flame. The flame swirled around from the crystal on Kuars shoulder armor. It glowed a piercing blue white, the runes on Kuars face and hand also started glowing. Fire flowed freely, seeming to form a shape, growing piercing the air with its searing glow. The flames cold, sorrowful and painful. It was like being touched by dry ice as the licked across the floor and took their shape. Kuar this entire time remained on his knees, his hand on his shoulder and his face contorted in pain. A roar pierced the room, emitting from the crystal itself as the fire solidified into the form before them. The chains dragging on the floor, the keys jingling in the air. Before the entire crowd stood The Gatekeeper Ancient, Keeper of Secrets, Solomon, The Guardian, The Warden, all names he was called. But Kuar knew him as Val. His formed towered high, the crowd fleeing suddenly in fear as Vals piercing gaze sent them into chills.

Val snapped his teeth in front of the face of one of the humans who bore a weapon, the chilling snap echoing off the walls. His eyes narrowed as he opened his mouth in a hiss. The room, quickly emptied except for a few who still were engrossed in their fights. Val soon turned his attention to Kuar, curling his massive form around Kuar to protect him from any further harm. He was not about to loose the only person he had close to him. His only friend, and the one who freed him from the torture. The crystal on Kuars shoulder started to glow as Val spoke "Are you ok Kuar? I feel your wound like a searing flame, it pains me"

It took Kuar some time to collect his thoughts "I..need" his words staggered as he realized the blood pool before him, and the blood dripping down his arm. "to get better at reading people" he chuckled lightly trying to lighten the mood. The bar fight was over, as quickly as it started. Val only looked concerned, or so as concerned as an ancients face could get. The tables were flipped, the booths destroyed to make room for the Ancients full dragon form(Just to give you an idea..Val in Dragon form stands 12ft tall..and from head to tail is probably somewhere around 36ft long XD..hes huge, but nothing compared to some ancients. This bar IS big enough, but barely XD). The focus here was to get Kuar safe and healed, the explaining could come later. As he knew very good and well questions would be asked of him and Kuar.

(WOOSH ancient ahoy! Not as fancy as I wanted, and i feel i repeated some stuff but it gets the idea across XD. EnjoY!)
(Anders turn, figured you want to do something)
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby revenant » Fri May 01, 2015 6:09 pm

Deryn hadn't been in the tavern more than five seconds when a fight broke out. She knew then she'd chosen the right place. People were throwing punches seemingly without regard to who they hit, and Deryn wasn't about to miss a perfectly good opportunity to get in a fight. About halfway across the tavern, a man knocked someone else to the ground and turned, looking for another opponent.
"Hey!" Deryn cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted, catching the man's attention. He turned towards her, face red with the exertion of fighting, brow furrowed in a glare. He was a large figure, heavy, but he looked strong. He wore no armor, and he didn't look like a warrior- more like the sort of man who spends half his life getting into fights in a tavern. Deryn was nowhere near his size, and he looked at her like she was crazy to be challenging him.
"Well?" she asked, shouting to be heard over the din. She spread her arms out, an easy target. "I'm right here. Or are you too afraid, you cowardly dog?" Deryn had a confident grin on her face, but she never took her eyes off of the man she faced.
Pushing people out of his way, the red-faced man strode towards Deryn. There was a smirk on his face now, an expression one would expect to see on the sort of child who hurts kittens for fun. It was a cruel smile, like he was looking forward to causing pain. He probably was. He picked up speed as he neared, until he was charging like a bull.
Rather than jump out of the way, Deryn ran straight at him. She ducked beneath a punch headed for her face, lowering her head and colliding hard with the bigger man, driving her shoulder into his gut. Her pauldron softened the blow on her end, but the pointy leather armour was driven into the man's unarmored stomach with all the force of her charge behind it. The man took a step back, winded. Not waiting for him to get his breath back, Deryn threw a punch that smashed into his face.
Cursing, the man staggered back, raising a hand to stop the blood that was already beginning to flow from his nose. Deryn flashed a glance towards the door. There was a noise coming from outside, a rune drake, judging from the sound. But it was outside, and here in Alabaster City, one more angry drake was nothing to be concerned about. But it was loud, and her opponent had been distracted as well. Deryn broke the moment of stillness between the two of them, jumping forwards and pushing the man off-balance as she swept her foot into his. He vanished from her sight, and she heard him land heavily on the floor. She looked down, lifted her foot to make sure he wouldn't get up-
That was when the dragon appeared in the tavern. This was no rune drake. When it roared, the sound was earsplitting. The man she was fighting was gone, but he didn't matter, she didn't matter, no one mattered. All that mattered was this thing and whether or not it was about to kill her. It took up the entire tavern, seeming to be everywhere at once. The broad expanse of its hide was uncomfortably close to where Deryn stood, and she backed up until she felt the rough wooden wall against her shoulders. She pressed herself flat against it. The room was nearly empty now, people had fled, and she felt the sense that she should do the same, but something kept her rooted in place. She couldn't stop staring at the dragon.
Fortunately, it was paying no attention to her. It was curled around something. Deryn edged to her left, craning her neck until she could see that it was a man. She was somewhat calmer now that she had realized the beast had no interest in her, and had begun to wonder where this thing had come from. One moment it wasn't there, the next it was. There was no way that could fit through the door.

{Argh, this isn't really my best writing, sorry.}
{tags;; Kalo is next, I believe?}
revenant

Postby Kalo » Tue May 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Ty only experienced a moment of calm before he was launched back into the fray, this time as a part of a fight much more furious than before. It was rather like being in the eye of a hurricane for but a minute, then getting shoved into the worst part of the storm.
Quite literally shoved, actually. A man barreling toward someone near the door ended up pushing someone into the Avian, who in turn was thrown into someone else. A very drunk, very angry someone else.
"Sorry?" Tyrik tried. All he got was an garbled snarl in return, followed by a fist aimed at his face. Startled, Ty hit the deck, dropping so that the man's fist passed over his head. That only angered the guy further, and he tried another punch, missing again as Ty twisted out of the way.
The man began throwing kicks and punches with a new fury, thoroughly upset at his inability to hit his target. He called someone over - a much larger, meaner looking man. One from the card table that had started this whole mess. Ty groaned. This really wasn't what he'd had in mind when he first entered the Singing Maiden. He was tempted to ask if this happened often, though somehow he doubted it. The Avian was at a complete loss for what to do. Fly to the rafters, come up with something, come back down and get yourself out of this mess, he thought to himself. He just needed to leap high enough that his wings wouldn't box anyone in the head unintentionally.
In his moment of distraction, the card player's foot made contact with Tyrik's chest, sending him reeling backwards. He used the momentum to his advantage, letting himself near the ground before springing back onto and past his feet. Ty was just unfurling his wings when someone grabbed his foot, pulling him sharply back down to the ground.
"Coward!" they spat. It was the guy that Ty had first crashed into.
"Nope," he told the man, his foot still being held. "But I'm not a drunk idiot, either!" he finished, accentuating the last couple of words be slamming his other foot into the man's face. He howled, stumbling back and dropping Ty. Both man and Avian fell to the ground, their breath being knocked from both of their lungs.
Tyrik recovered first, being that the blow he'd landed was more devastating than his opponent's, who scrambled away to find someone else to pick a fight with.
His buddy, however, would not be so easily deterred. The moment that Ty turned around, the card player appeared behind him, now with a kitchen knife in his hand, the freshly sharpened blade glinting menacingly in the dim lighting of the pub. Great. Ty's thick leather vest would protected him well against it, but between its being newly sharpened - probably that morning before the pub opened - and the card player's evident brute strength, it would be best to avoid the knife.
The man swung, and being that he was bigger than his friend that he had come to aid, he was also less drunk, making him faster and more coordinated. Which meant that his attacks were more difficult to dodge. Ty jumped back, the knife only swiping across the outermost layer of leather, not cutting far through. He'd hardly had time to recover when the man swung again, this time getting Ty's shoulder. It bounced of the tarnished armor, though not without leaving a mark where it had scratched through the layers of oxidization. The man punched and kicked, swiping at Ty with the knife as well repeatedly, each time getting uncomfortably closer. The Avian had to continuously throw his arms and wings up in order to block each blow, all the while waving them around to give him and the card player a wide breadth of space and keep everyone else out of harm's way. It also put him in it, and at one point a moment of vulnerability almost got him killed, the knife scratching the skin of his neck.
Thank the ancients... Tyrik thought.
Wait. Ancients?
A sudden flood of recent memories started to pass through his head, and pieces of a puzzle he hadn't even been aware of came into place. Kuar and Valerius. They'd both been... off. Val emitting that strange aura, supposedly due to some artifact he wore. The scar across his neck, the vibrant blue hair, the markings on his skin. Kuar's shout of pain that one time when he put his hand on his dire. The loud beating of wings when Val left the party heading into the inn. Kuar's show of fire magic, when he was bonded to an ice rune. The crystal that Kuar wore. Valerius... could Val have been an ancient? And Kuar had the fire and the stone on his shoulder. Wouldn't that make him Valerius's summoner, if he was indeed an ancient?
A bloodcurdling scream snapped Ty from his thoughts, and he turned instinctively toward the noise, his assailant being momentarily forgotten. The scream was Kuar's. Tyrik watched as the blue flames erupted from Kuar's stone and snaked across the floor, a chill entering the room. An earthshaking roar brought everyone else's attention to the scene. The fire began to morph and take shape, becoming a massive dragon creature. An ancient. Screams tore from the lips of everyone in the bar, people running frantically to the doors of the pub in terror, aside from an odd few who were still engrossed in their fighting. Including the man Ty was up against.
Well, that answered that question.
"Valerius?" he asked softly, the words hardly escaping his throat. The ancient was huge, filling the room as the flames morphed into it. His eyes were huge, jaw slack. He'd never seen an ancient before, and he'd never expected to before. He looked at his surroundings once more, just to make sure the fumes from all of the liquor and the stench of blood and sweat weren't getting to him. Everyone was still running and screaming, so Tyrik assumed that what he was seeing was very much real. It was also very distracting.
Ty had very nearly forgotten about the man who seemed to wish him dead, the fight from mere moments ago having been pushed from his mind. The man, however, was unfazed, and the sharp sting of the cold blade against skin snapped Ty from his awestruck stupor. He cried out as the knife sliced through leather and skin, leaving a long gash across his chest. Spots danced in Ty's vision as he reached for the swords at his hips, seeing no other option for his defense as the card player closed in.
But when Valerius snapped his jaws at the human, the card player turned tail and ran. Ty let himself fall back against the wall and slide down, releasing his swords and trying to catch his breath. It was over, now.

[Oops. That was kind of really long. Sorry if that's too much - I can try and condense it. I started writing, and then I just sort of kept going. And going. xP]
{Tags: Tundra, Kuar, Valerius; Anders, Deryn - since I think we're splitting up now I'm just tagging you guys for now.}
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby Startedraining » Tue May 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Yasmina was pulled away from the action of the bar fight as her serval kitten was snatched from her bag. She blazed, furiously running after the cat-napper. A goldish cloak flowed behind him, making him easy to spot. She reached out to yank it back, choking him in the process.

A young boy fell back, and her kitten fell from his hand, having been held by the scruff for the first time in his life. Yasmina stomped on the hood of the cloak to stop the boy from getting up. She gently picked up Cro and set him back in his pouch before turning on the boy, her eyes sharp with anger.

The boy looked as frightened as if he had seen a ghost. Yasmina spit on him and turned back to her group, thrashing about in the center of the bar. She headed back to them, dodging incoming fists and returning some of them. She kept her eyes open for the white haired man who seemed to look right through her and see all of her at the same time.

She was furious that he had such an effect on her, and she wanted answers.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Re: Where Three Roads Meet -- Open {Myri post 5}

Postby parlaymars » Sat May 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Myriani took a step towards her downed target, a dripping smile on her face. He was out cold, but anyone who tried to prey on her paid the blood price.

Taking a dagger from her pocket, she grabbed a hank of his hair and hoisted his limp head from the floor. Her dagger flashed under his chin, she braced herself for the inevitable spray of blood, and then the entire place went silent.

An unearthly roar filled the tavern, and she grimaced at the noise. Fire caught her attention, and green eyes glinted in the light of fell flames. The fire seemed to writhe, living; forming into the shape of a great dragon-god before solidifying into flesh. She dropped her dagger as patrons ran for the exits, but Myriani did not follow the frightened people.

Instead, she threw herself to the floor, eyes beseeching the great form before her.

"Oh, Great Guardian, I am but a humble servant of your will." she all but grovels, dark hair pooling around her shoulders as she slumps before the great beast. She is so close to the ground her nose nearly touches filthy hardwood.

She does not make eye contact with her deity, for Myriani this is only the second time she has glimpsed an ancient in any form. She makes herself as nonthreatening as possible, inching ever so slightly towards the dragon and the injured Kuar.

"Your summoner-" she pauses, thinking rapidly, wanting to appease the being inside the dragon. "-he is hurt. I can heal him, with your blessing, o' great one."

{Tags: Tundra: Kaur, Valerius}
Last edited by parlaymars on Sat May 23, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parlaymars

Postby Silverhart » Tue May 19, 2015 2:53 pm

A roar from behind nearly knocked Lieutenant Roscoe flat on his back. He glanced behind him and paled at the awesome sight of an Ancient … Gravekeeper take him... an Ancient! His blood seemed to curdle in his veins. What in the name of all things holy was an Ancient doing here, in Alabaster City? How did it even fit through the door? Sterling decided he didn't exactly want to stay and introduce himself. Curiosity killed the cat after all.

I just want a warm meal and a hot bath. Is that so much for a simple man to ask for? Evidently it was. What were the odds that a bar fight and an Ancient would stand in the way of that? Today was not shaping up to be Sterling's day.

Backing up hastily from the giant form, Sterling's ran backwards toward the door. Everyone else seemed to have the same idea, and he was jostled and shoved in the surge of bodies. He managed to squeeze himself out of the door, and stood blinking in the sunlight as people swarmed past him. He caught sight of a Drake and it's young dragoon outside the door. Fantastic... the cavalry arrives, he thought bitterly. There was no love lost between the Dragoons and the Navy. Suddenly the giant Ancient in the bar wrecking havoc seemed a lot less of an immediate danger. Rather, avoiding the young woman and her Drake seemed the more urgent problem.

(Pathically short, but whatever. A post is a post.
Tags: Rayy_Kitsune; Rayy Willow
Since we're splitting up, I'm not sure who else would like to join Sterling in his hasty escape. XD)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Goblin » Sat May 23, 2015 10:29 am

The dragoon watched as people fled, running outside of the bar, or threw themselves on their knees as soon as they saw the ancient. Except for those who were knocked out and some still picking themselves up off the floor. She steps farther into the bar and shouts above the noise, Any injured in need of medical attention can stay here I will be sending for some healers shortly. She saw little problem arising with the ancient, it was focused on it's summer who seemed to be injured as well anyway. She turned around heading back to her drake and saw a man obviously trying to avoid her, and of course became curious as to why.

Cuprite also seemed to notice this and faced the man growling softly. Now cut that out Cuprite, the girl stepped up to her drake and patted his shoulder before addressing the man, and who might you be, sir?

(Sorry it took so long to get this up and its still short but I'be been busy with finals coming up DX )
Goblin

Postby Tundra » Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Kuar - Pyry - Valerius - Khalid
This entire time the barkeep who was on hand continued to work, walking around fixing tables and righting chairs after the fight. He in fact didn't seemed phased at all by the ancient within the confines of the bar. It seemed almost too calm, but then again bartenders see a lot in their time, and this one, was a Wolfkin halfbreed. All this fighting was probably normal to him. He looked over at the scene before him, walked over to a passed out patron and pulled the man's wallet out. Rifled through it until he found the baubles he needed to pay the man's tab, and tossed it back down on the man's back. He then promptly said "Thanks for the tip darlin" before walking around resuming his cleanup. (anyone can play this character, for filler of course. Black ears and hair, one brown eye, one almost yellow eye.)

During this, Kuar sat watching everyone, seeing stars but still observant of his surroundings. Images blurred, but the souls did not. He was able to pick everyone remaining out just by the essence within their soul. He saw Myriani and seemed to shift slightly, not liking the idea of the death caused by this person. Though, he didn't know it was Myriani at the time. His vision itself was nearly blotched out by the white spots circling around as he tried his hardest to focus. Val on the other hand saw very clearly this elvian who groveled before his presence.

His eyes narrowed and his throat rumbled, shaking the tavers old walls causing dust to fall. He then hissed as she inched closer, fire letting free from his mouth and circling her form. The crystal on Kuar shoulder hummed before glowing as Val spoke"You intentions are good, but your actions before prove otherwise elvian" He flicked his flaming tail and turned his head to Kuar. He took a breath in before letting some flames loose from his mouth. The seemed to almost attack the wound which caused both Kuar, and Val pain. But, the bleeding stopped which was the main concern. It was obvious magic was deeply involved as the wound seemed to almost heal somewhat before everyone's eyes. Not completely though, only enough to prevent any major scarring or damage. It still required days of tending and wrappings.

Vals eyes returned to those within the bar as well as the elvian. He looked over at Deryn who had plastered herself against a well and, seemed to chuckle. This was not the first time he had suddenly shown up beside Kuar, but probably the first time he had taken Ancient form. It was needed though, and for now all he was concerned about was Kuar and getting him to somewhere more..safe?. Kuar during this was almost in a shock as he felt the pain, but was relieved and the sensation of the blood not flowing anymore. He remained silent though, only grinding his teeth as he leaned on Vals form for support. He knew Val would shift back human before authorities arrived. Making people's words seem like a fairy tale spoken by a madman. Ancient? in the middle of a city, HA now thats a story, All Ancients are just stories right..or so commoners feel that is. The native creatures of Eld knew otherwise.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby Saren » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Things moved fast.
    One moment Aileana had downed a shot of strange alcohol, the next weapons were drawn and punches being thrown. Faol's attention was taken by a direwolf as golden as a sunset; it was smaller than him, but fast, and it was advancing on the two. Faol leapt up and snarled threateningly, confronting the beast.
    An alien fire burning in her belly, Leana stood and turned to a man advancing on her with a sick smile on his face. Quickly, she grabbed her glass and threw it at him; it hit him squarely in the forehead, distracting him for long enough for her to slide a knife out of its sheath on her thigh.
    The pair circled each other, knives at the ready, tense. "Such pretty hair," leered the man, his foul breath washing over her. "I've never had a Celtish girl before."
    With that, he lunged. Aileana quickly sidestepped, and the man overbalanced; she ensured his fall with a quick blow with her knife hilt to the base of his skull. He was out cold before he hit the ground.
    The alcohol was beginning to take effect. Aileana was not unused to drinking, but the Celtish meads and ales she was used to were weak compared to this Elvian stuff. She stumbled, and grabbed the table. She needed air.
    She left the building and lifted her face to the sky. The clearer air lifted some of the rapidly descending fog from her mind and she rubbed her eyes. Outside the bar with her stood a member of the group, and a great rune drake. Slipping her knife back into its sheath, she groaned slightly and turned back to the inn. She was briefly concerned for Faol, but he seemed to be standing his ground well enough.
    A chill passed over her just as the noise inside ceased. Strong magics were being worked inside the tavern; goosebumps formed on her exposed skin as the air temperature decreased noticeably. Out of habit, she conjured a small flame to warm herself, and peered inside.
    Was that an Ancient?
    She whistled shortly, and Faol was at her side almost instantly, slightly bloodied. He watched the Ancient closely, ears pricked and hackles raised, but it seemed to pose no threat; it was absorbed in its summoner. Aileana shivered slightly; she now knew why she'd had a bad feeling about the man.
OOC: I'm back! This post isn't perfect, sorry about that. I haven't read through the last few pages, I just got a recap. But I might do that now.
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's