Board and Broadsides ---> In Port (Open for Forms)

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Board and Broadsides ---> In Port (Open for Forms)

Postby Corinesse » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Drina

Drina was walking lazily around when she heard the explosion. She jumped, and say saw the flames rise from the docks, the one she was heading to. "Come on Drake!" she yelled, as she broke into run. She needs this chance, and it will not be ruined by some lame fire! When she reached the dock, everything was in chaos. Sailors were running everywhere, and there was a man with a blodded chin. She say the bucket brigade, but didn't think much of it. Her highlights turned a bright yellow, as she raced towards the man who seemed in charge. Drina couldn't think of what to say, so she just gestured to Drake and then to the fire.

Drake

Drake followed Drina, and smelled the fire in the distance. When she walks up to the man, he wanders off, looking for the source of this stupid mess.
Corinesse

Postby parlaymars » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:39 am

"'Tis I... Ian. Ian of Alabaster."
tagged;; Sterling Roscoexxxxxxlocation;; docksxxxxxxdoing;; who knows

xxxxxxIan made her way carefully between two precariously balanced stacks of crates, mindful of her head as she ducked between the creaking boxes. Her hood drawn carefully up to prevent anyone from looking too closely at her, she set silent feet down the edge of the docks, skirting the buildings. She was making her way to the ship Ascendance, for she had signed aboard as a cabin girl, intent on getting out of the city before she did something exceptionally stupid.

xxxxxxAbsorbed with inward matters such as these, the girl was jolted out of her thoughts by a shudder running up through her feet to tingle along her spine. The cargo around her started to rattle, causing angry noises to erupt from the sailors milling about.

xxxxxxShe turned, expecting a column of soldiers to be the object of the sailor's unease, but instead a wall of heat rolled down the docks, blanketing everything in searing temperatures and clouds of smoke. The dockworkers burst into a frenzy of activity, the hustle and bustle of orders issued to move cargo and fetch water fading to a dull roar underneath the overpowering sounds of roaring flame. Retching from the smoke, Ian backed up against a wall of barrels that smelled thickly of turpentine and tried to clear her head.

xxxxxxRight, she thought. First thing to do is find the Ascendance. Path now decided, she wiped her smarting eyes with a fold of her cloak and tried to get a sense of direction. Drifts of smoke obscured most of the area of the dock she was on, but with luck she should be able to find someone who knew which berth the Ascendance was in. Pivoting on her heel, she began to walk briskly from the scene, heading away from the fire. As she did so, the noise died down, and she found herself relaxing. A couple more steps brought her within speaking distance of a clumped group of people, and she fished into her pocket for the letter she'd received, detailing her acceptance aboard the vessel as a cabin girl.

xxxxxx"Excuse me, but do any of you know where the ship Ascendance is located?" she said, trying not to stare at one of the men - he seemed familiar, but she couldn't quite remember where she'd seen him before. Perhaps she would remember later, but for now her attention was taken up with the rather large spot of blood blooming on his chin and staining his shirt.

parlaymars

Postby Kalo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:38 pm

There was no time to think, no time to act, as an explosion rocked the Ascendance. Devin dropped to her knees, ducking under some invisible projectile, and threw her arms over her head. The crate dropped for the second time, fortunately without losing its contents. With ringing ears Devin stood, rising slowly to her feet. What had happened?
    Her question was quickly answered by the roar of fire raging on the docks, loud and destructive as a drake. Heat and smoke wafted over the Ascendance's deck, causing Devin's eyes to water. Silverport was consumed in a blaze of flame and chaos, and she had no idea what to do first. She was overwhelmed.
    Fortunately — well, possibly fortunately — Lieutenant Roscoe took charge. Sort of.
    “You,” he said, thrusting a finger in her direction,. “Um – go and... secure that crate! And then stand by for Captain's orders." Devin reached for the dropped apples, ready to take them to the cargo hold. "And you -” at this she paused, watching as the lieutenant proceeded to point at the pirate captain and his companion. “...you two..."
    Was he really attempting to order a captain about? Devin raised an eyebrow again. This man was ridiculous! The name "stuffypants" seemed to be well deserved. And apparently his pants were so stuffy that he couldn't walk properly, because one moment he was there and the next he was gone — straight down the stairs and backwards into the ship. Devin cringed. There was no possible way that was a good experience.. His dire wagged her tail apologetically, nodding politely to the captain and the halfborn before going after her bond. That poor dire, being bonded to Roscoe and all. How in the world had that happened?
    Wait a minute. Bonds... Dires... "Carney!" Devin shouted, the realization dawning on her after the shock of the explosion. The crate was forgotten. The Celt girl darted across the deck, ducking and weaving. She had to find her bondeds.
    "Egan!" We're they still on the ship? Had they run to the dock? Were they caught in the blaze? A torrent of questions attacked her; worry just about drove her mad.
    Then she she heard it — the bark of a collie dire. "Carney?" Devin's racing heart started to slow as her bond sprinted towards her, holding a squirming Egan by the scruff of his neck. But something was missing.
    "Glitches!" She muttered. It was that fate-forsaken glass ball of Egan's. The otterling was sobbing, begging to be allowed to get it back. Devin groaned. Losing that thing would crush him.
    "Do you know where it is?" She didn't bother specifying what "it" was. He knew. The question was directed at Carney, who attempted to nod without losing his mouthful of otterling.
    By the gangplank, he told her, I'd hurry, if I were you.
    "Got it. Now stay here, and don't let Egan out of your sight!" With that, she departed, running back down the deck to find that stupid ball.
    Which, of course, was rolling down the gangplank... And into the fire.

[Tags:: Anyone who wants to, really]
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby Corinesse » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Drina

Drina watches the chaos around her, and decides to not attempt to talk to any of the men. She chases after Drake, towards the fire, her cloaking billowing behind her and her ears and tail turning a deep golden yellow. She reaches the edge of the fire and inspects it, trying to figure out what to do. "Hey Drake! she says to him using their bond magic, "Any ideas?

Drake

Drake dashes towards the fire and stops next to Drina, "No idea" he says to her sarcastically, "Maybe we can just use the water that SURROUNDS US! he "yells" his eyes blazing.
Corinesse

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:20 am

Sterling was so focused on his anger he hardly noticed the question being asked of him. There was too much going on – between pain, embarrassment, desperation, and anger – and on top of that orders being shouted from all around, as flames licked along the docks like hungry wolves consuming everything – he didn't know where to look.

It was Moritz who saw the young woman and heard her query as she tagged along after her master. She perked her ears up at her. She wished she could answer her, but Sterling was the only one who could hear her voice. She pawed politely at his calf seeking attention.

“What now?!” Sterling snapped, spinning on the hapless Dire. He was trying to catch the Captain's notice, listening for an order – he hadn't time for Moritz's problems.

The Dire wolf wrinkled her nose at him, as blood dripped down his chin, staining the lace at his throat. 'Firstly, you're ruining your shirt. Haven't you a handkerchief? You look like two-bit thug – your going to let your Captain turn around and see you like this? Clean yourself up.' She snorted, ashamed at his carelessness. Sterling's face turned as red as the lace. He fumbled in his pockets, mumbling about snarky Dires speaking without being spoken to. He pulled out a handkerchief, smarting at the fact that Moritz was scolding him. The tattered thing was faded, and thin after so many washes, but he hardly cared. He dabbed at his chin and flinched in pain, glaring around at the sailors, just daring them to say anything.

Moritz leaned against him, and when he looked down again she jerked her head toward the newcomer. Sterling glared at the young lady standing nearby, looking lost and holding out an envelope. “What is it?” he snapped. “What are you doing here?”

Tags: Lady LeStraud ; Ian Esther LeStraud
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Kalo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Sprinting down the gangplank was a little more difficult than it might seem, considering the slope it held that led to the docks, but sprint Devin did. However tricky it was to run full speed without launching herself headlong into the flames, she managed. Her eyes latched on to Egan's prized glass sphere. It was still rolling, hardly any slower, across the dock. Breaking into another run, it didn't take long to catch up and then get ahead of it. Devin turned sharply on her heel, putting the other foot over the ball to put a stopper on its haphazard rolling. That nearly cost her balance, forcing her to hop around a little, yet she managed to stay upright. The ball was going straight into her pocket the second she grabbed it, and then she would start to make her way back to the Ascendance.
    Of course, this really wasn't Devin's day, and the ball slipped out of her hands. She fumbled around in a desperate effort to snatch it out of the air. She nearly had it, too, but fate decided that instead of successfully nabbing the blasted thing, she should grab it as she fell backwards into someone on the docks. Devin gave a shout as her grip tightened around Egan's glass ball and she tumbled backwards, hitting something on her way down.
    "If I had a bauble for every time I knocked someone over today..." she started to grumble, only to realize that she'd only have two baubles so far. Well, hopefully it'll stay that way.
    Turning over, Devin pushed herself to her feet, then looked to see who she'd bowled over this time. It was someone rather small, unlike the taller, more solid, and highly annoying Lieutenant Roscoe. Or stuffypants. She alternated depending on what she thought of the man at the given time. Her mind was forced back to the problem at hand. The smaller person had striking white hair -- or would, if not for the light dusting of soot and ash -- and small antlers poked out of it. An Elvian, then, Devin concluded, until she noticed the mismatched eyes. Or not.
    "Sorry about that," she said, raising her voice to be heard over the din of the fire. "It seems I have a knack for bumping into people."
    She held out a hand, keeping the other on the sphere in her pocket, and clung to the hope that the halfborn wouldn't be incredibly upset with her. One irritable Lieutenant was plenty enough for her.

(Devin, you have a problem.)
    [Tags: Sindri, Sphye]
Kalo

Postby parlaymars » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:30 pm

xxxxxxIan looks with interest to the large, wolfish creature standing at the side of the man she has approached - huge, it was, with thick black fur and intelligent grey eyes. A dire wolf, then, and she hasn't seen many of those, nor one with such carriage and grace. She was quite taken with the creature.

xxxxxxThe young girl watched in jaded interested as the dire and man seemed to communicate - then, when the man fumbled for his pocket and she caught half a phrase of Dires speaking, she knew that they had communicated - but how?

xxxxxxA quick glance at him, and she knew that he was disheveled, harried, and perhaps not the most caring about his status or appearance. She decided he would do well for her purposes, and was about to introduce herself when he spoke. Ah. So that was how it was to be, then. Her levity gone, she replaced her smile with a look of cool indifference, voice lilting and poised as the noble's daughter she once was.

xxxxxx"I am looking for this ship Ascendance." she replies, straightening her posture out of habit. She brushes a hand to her hood, so that this man can see her face, know she is not one to be trifled with. "If you cannot help me find it, I will seek someone more competent." now, that is a barb, and she allows herself to lace the words with scorn. Dangerous, seeing as her own bonded is not here to help her if a fight should break out, but her daggers are in their sheaths on her back, hidden by her cloak, and it will take her no more than a second to free them, should she have need.

(oh dear, Ian. Also- Ian doesn't know about the telepathic communication between bonds, as she was never shown how, and as such has never attempted it.)
tagged;; Sterling Roscoe, Moritz, Silverhartxxxxxxlocation;; docksxxxxxxdoing;; talking
parlaymars

Postby Silverhart » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 am

Sterling stared at the young woman with growing annoyance, which only doubled at her comment of “competence”. What would this little girl know of competence anyway? He didn't voice this, though it was clearly in his mind. He saw her drawing out a document, and quickly snatched it out of her hand. This girl's misplaced haughtiness left a bad taste in his mouth - who did she think she was? She was in sore need of a lesson in respect - Sterling was sure Fate would provide that soon enough. Ignoring any protest, he shook open the letter to read what it had to say.

“You're on her,” he answered, as his eyes scanned the document quickly. He barely read anything there – he hadn't the time at the moment. He was able to interpret that she was suppose to be here, which was all he needed to know. They needed all the help they could get. “So your desire for someone more competent is useless. And -” he growled out between clenched teeth, “I would caution you to watch how you address your superior officers.” He thrust the letter back at her. What was it about everyone getting on his nerves today? Fateweaver almighty - you must really have it out for me today.

“Now stow your dunnage below, and stay out of the riggers' way.” He glanced around to call for someone to show the girl where she was to go, then realized he still didn't know the names of any of the sailors he was to command. In the excitement, he'd even forgotten the name of the sailor who'd tripped him up earlier. He'd always been cursed with an awful head for names.

The sailors hurried past them, following out orders. What those orders were, Sterling couldn't know – he'd been too distracted by all the commotion to catch a snippet of what the crew were doing. He was aware however, of sails being unfurled and trimmed to catch the wind, now bearing down like the hot breath of a Drake.

“Right -” he grunted, seeing no loiterer he could force the girl onto. “Follow me – I'll show you where to put your things.” He wasn't too pleased about it. His place was on deck with the other officers, not giving some cabin girl a tour of a ship he hadn't even had a chance himself to fully assess. Well, at least belowdecks he might snatch a chance to plaster up his stinging chin, and render himself at least a smidgen more presentable to the Captain. That was enough of a justification for Sterling, and he gestured for Moritz and the girl to follow him on toward the hatchway.

Tags: Lady LeStraud ; Ian Esther LeStraud
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:39 am

Sɪɴᴅʀɪ / Hᴀʟғ-ʙᴏʀɴ / Oᴘᴇɴ / Iɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ: Devin Lynch, Matthias Thatch(?)
Sindri's teeth ground together as he felt a push from his side. A stumble, rather? The girl ran into him from just behind his peripheral vision, catching him off-guard as he collapsed beneath her. He hit the ground before he had time to process the impact, his side suddenly feeling fairly bruised.

"Sorry-" he began to mutter before he had begun to right himself. He took a moment more than he needed to make sure that his balance was working before he tried to sit up. Bits of his flyaway bangs caught in the splintery wood of the deck, silver-white and out-of-focus in front of the halfborn's face.
Blinking sudden tears- the fault of the smoke, probably- from his eyes, he looked to the one who had knocked him over. A tall celtic girl, taller than him in any case, held out one hand, clutching something shiny in the other.

Sindri stared for a moment, eyes wide, before accepting her hand. His own hand was noticeably smaller than the girl's, though not quite as pale. He felt something small and cold in one of his pockets as he shifted his weight to stand, something no larger than his smallest finger.

"Th-ank you, miss," he said through chattering teeth, his nerves showing themselves amongst the noise and chaos after all. Once righted, he pulled back his own hand quickly. He rubbed this eyes, trying to clear them of the smoke and salty water and only seeming to make both worse.

He took his hands away from his eyes, resigning himself to the stinging of the smoggy air. He cast his eyes first to the ground, then back to the girl, thinking.

"I don't suppose-" he began to ask, voice barely above a whisper before trailing off into a brief fit of coughing. He covered his mouth with one fist, eyes teary anew as the interruption subsided.
"-don't suppose you've seen a wolfkin just now?" he asked, setting his jaw as he convinced himself to ask for help.
"I'm missing a tall fellow, just after the explosion," he said, hasty and nervous but determined. He paused, eyes wandering to the ship and across the docks, following the hectic movements of rushing people. No one that he knew, not so far as he could see. Certainly no Matthias to be seen.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Corinesse » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Drina | 18 | Wolfkin; Bonded to Drake the direwolf | Open | Sailor
Drina sighs shooting a glare at Drake, looking around for anything to act as a bucket or something, or at least someone who seems in charge. Her highlights flare a deep grey and red, her stress and anger levels rising. She coughs, accidentally taking in a deep breath of smoke. Her eyes water as she continues to hack. She finally stops and runs forward, weaving through a pack of sailors, and grabbing a large bucket. She dips in into the water, grunting slightly as she lifts it up, its weight more than she expected. She adjusts her grip on the rusting metal handle, and then runs at the fire, only losing about a pint of water. She dumps it at the fire, putting out only about a square foot of fire, and it is immediately undone by the vivacious fire. She grits her teeth, running back at the water, filling it up once more even though it is useless. "Having fun?" Drake smugly asks. "Oh its just been amazing" Drina replies to him, refraining from going off and finding Drake. "But do be a dear, and help" Drina adds on, getting another bucketful of water.
Last edited by Corinesse on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corinesse

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's