Board and Broadsides ---> In Port (Open for Forms)

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Board and Broadsides ---> In Port (Open for Forms)

Postby Kalo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Devin Lynch
    Devin’s attention snapped to the new arrival, eyes wide with surprise. The the surprise soon turned to wonder as he told his tales.
    “Like witnessin’ the Leviathan himself battelin’ a wild hydra before it ate the nasty beastie whole, eleven heads an all--"
    She found herself leaning forward a bit, weight focused on the balls of her feet. Dev had no idea who this man was, but she like him already.
    “…right Sorren?”

Sorren? The state of reverence faded, though a bit of the wonder lingered as Devin searched for the Sorren that the redhead had mentioned. It didn’t take long to find him. A dark haired man stood behind the storyteller. His features were sharper than those his friend, and he wore no expression. Upon a closer look, Devin noticed his dual-colored eyes. A halfborn, then.
    The giddy excitement returned.

“Do you know Miss Lynch?”
    Looking back toward Lieutenant Roscoe revealed his pointing finger. A small smile curled the corner of her mouth. Being called a “Miss” was always a notion that entertained her. Devin Lynch was no lady by any means. She’d much rather slide down bannisters and holler at the top of her lungs and get her hands dirty than be someone prim or proper. That was part of why sailing was so perfect for her.

Her eyes followed the lieutenant’s arm up to his face, which revealed his confusion. It was understandable. The man’s tales were wild and rather unbelievable. Nonetheless, they were exciting and filled with an adventure. Devin would have to find him later to hear more. But she didn’t know him. The tall man’s scarred face was entirely unfamiliar, as was the elegant sea serval draped across his broad shoulders. She really was a beautiful creature, even if Dev was more of a dire person herself.
    Looking back at the stranger, Devin shook her head.

A lust for adventure tugged at her as it normally did, and the man’s tales replayed in her head. Images of the red sails of the Leviathan formed, and the hydra’s eleven hideous heads.
    “I don’t know him, sir,” she told the Lieutenant, even if he wasn't asking her.
    But I might like to.

Tags: Sterling Roscoe, Moritz, Silverhart; Captain Willy, Fiore, Sorren Corvus, Benathorn
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby Benathorn » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:42 am

-Wilhelm Amadeus III-

Willy smirked sweetly as he noticed the navyman before him jolt at his sudden, and quite purposefully loud, intrusion. It was clear from the other's expressions that he had caught them both off guard, all the more fun that way of course. “What the devil are you talking about?” There was a confused pause before the male pointed to his female companion, “I was just - Do you know Miss Lynch?” Willy could feel Fiore move a bit across his shoulders as the sea serval repositioned herself to leer down at those beneath her. Clearly the feline was used to such wild introductions and confused features from the pirate's victims as her master simply gave them a similar cat-like gaze that glinted with amusement.

Willy immediately removed his hat to reveal a head of messy dark red hair, a polite gesture on his part, before he gave a small bow to the lass and the one he now dubbed mentally as Mr.Stuffypants, "The name's Captain Wilhelm Amadeus--" he promptly brought his hat back to rest atop his head with a practiced flick of the wrist before continuing, "The third." Fiore had easily moved with the tall man to stay atop his shoulders for the introduction, a feat she had perfected with elegance and poise over time, as she seamlessly flowed with her cohort before giving a slow blink to both the humans and their companions in faint acknowledgment.

"Ah, and this here is the lovely, beautiful and magnificent, Fiore--" Willy knew better than to not introduce the serval before he reached swiftly behind him to bring his other companion to the front, "And this here lovely gent is me little pretty-bird and significant other, Sorren. He'd probably never introduce himself unless I brought him out of the shadow's clutches, that's where the the evil mother-in-law lives you know... But we don't talk about that now do we-- Haha!" Willy could almost feel Sorren's seething objections to being publicly introduced with such degrading pet names as the halfborn seemed to scowl inwardly at the gesture, all the while keeping his usual composure with some strain. No doubt the pirate captain would pay for this later that night, but Willy could not resist the chance to poke a bit of fun since he knew Sorren was not exactly the best at social interactions.

"Aye, but no, I don't believe the lass and I have met before-- however, it's lovely to meet ye Miss Lynch." Willy gave the fiery-haired woman another friendly smile to confirm as she too told 'Mr.Stuffypants' that they did not know the other prior. "But the lass looks like someone who'd enjoy an adventure, am I right? Can always tell with them kind of eyes twinklin' like they are now. You should think about chagin' professions an becomin' pirate, Miss Lynch! Far more adventure for those without the navy wavin' their fingers at ye like a scolding 'ol nanny." Willy pointed that last comment at the ruffled navyman as he chuckled softly at the playful jab.

However, he gave the man before him little time to protest to the obvious comparison as he gripped the other's arm with a hearty pirate handshake, "Ah, but don't just stand there gawkin' like a gaspin' cuttlefish Mr. Stuffypants! What be yer name?" The tall man shook the other's arm vigorously before giving him a hard pat on the back to finish it off, "Need to know everyone aboard this ship after all since I'll be one of your esteemed and highly professional Captains on this glorious voyage!"
Benathorn
Administrator

Postby Silverhart » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:45 pm

The stranger flashed Sterling a smile, before whipping off his hat, and giving a sweeping bow so carefully practiced the Serval on his shoulders seemed completely unfazed. Sterling was impressed despite himself.

"The name's Captain Wilhelm Amadeus- the third." Sterling hoped the man didn't notice the bit of flush that came to his cheeks at the mention of the title. He'd already failed with his commander before having even introduced himself – oh Fate above, please don't let him make a horrible impression on this one. Having two captains was bad enough – having two Captains who hated him would make this voyage a living nightmare.

The man quickly launched into introducing his Serval. Then he reached behind him and pulled his surly-looking companion forward. The lieutenant gave a slight start as his gaze connected with those two odd colored eyes. Sterling quickly glanced away, embarrassed for even having noticed it. Uneasiness crept up his spine. A half-born. He'd heard about half-borns all his life, and been raised on horror stories of a people who could lose control and turn demonic at the slightest provocation. The idea of being stuck on a tiny ship in the middle of the sea with a living powder keg was not the most comforting. At the same time, his curiosity was piqued, and he had to fight the urge to openly stare at the slender half-born.

“And this here lovely gent is me little pretty-bird and significant other, Sorren.” Willy kept talking while Sterling just nodded dumbly, two steps behind whatever he was saying. He was still trying to not-look at the half-born. Instead he looked to Moritz as Willy addressed Devin, but found no help there. The wolf's attention was trained fully on the odd duo.

He was startled when the Captain said: "Ah, but don't just stand there gawkin' like a gaspin' cuttlefish Mr. Stuffypants! What be yer name?" Sterling blinked at him. It took him a moment to realize the Captain was talking to him. Stuffypants? It was so unexpected, Sterling gave a short guffaw of laughter. Obviously he hasn't met Captain Nehemiah yet. Wisely he didn't voice this comment.

Pirate he may be, but at least this Willy seemed a good deal more friendlier then Captain Nehemiah – even if he did call him Stuffypants. The lieutenant couldn't fully grasp him as a 'Captain' though. In his experience most of the Naval Captains were hard nosed military men, who easily commanded the respect of their crews. Captain Amadeus seemed more like the type of person who'd be betting against him on Jackalope racing then one he would trust in the heat of battle.

“It's Lieutenant Roscoe. Sterling. Sterling Roscoe.” He added a confused, “Sir.” He wasn't sure if he was required to address the pirate as 'sir' or not to be honest. He decided to hedge his bets and just use it. However, Sterling doubted the pirate's claim of 'highly professional'. Well, at least someone sounded excited for this suicide mission. “The navy takes much pride in being the scolding old nannies of the sea, Captain Amadeus. Someone's got to maintain order – otherwise we'd all be blown to the bottom of Leviathan's lair.” He pointedly looked at Devin as he said this.

(Bleh reply is bleh. I could never top Bena with her 'Stuffypants' reply, so not even gonna try.)
Tags: Kalo; Devin Lynch ~ Benathorn; Captain Willy and Sorren Corvus
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Kalo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Devin Lynch
    The exquisite sea serval slid gracefully across the man's shoulders as he bowed, then placed his hat atop his head once more.
    "The name's Captain Wilhelm Amadeus -- the Third," he said.
    Devin smiled at the display, also noting that Mister Amadeus was a Captain. Captain Nehemiah was already on board, which meant that this fellow must be... the pirate captain? It took all Devin had to contain her excitement.
    "Ah, and this here is the lovely, beautiful and magnificent, Fiore--"
    A quick nod was given to the lovely creature in greeting before Devin's attention was turned back to the Captain. And, as it turned out, his halfborn companion.
    "And this here lovely gent is me little pretty-bird and significant other, Sorren. He'd probably never introduce himself unless I brought him out of the shadow's clutches, that's where the the evil mother-in-law lives you know... But we don't talk about that now do we-- Haha!"
    Wait-- evil mother-in-law? No chance was given to ask about that. Later, perhaps. Captain Amadeus -- the third -- seemed fond of stories, and his statement surely had a good one behind it.

The halfborn, on the other hand, maintained his emotionless expression as he was pulled forward by his significant other. Not one word prompted any sort of reaction. Well, he was an interesting one. But then again, Devin had heard plenty of things about halfborns, none of them good. She would have to find out more -- later, of course. Again.

She returned the Captain's freindly smile with one of her own when he confirmed the fact that they did not know each other.
    "...however, it's lovely to meet ye Miss Lynch," he said.
    "a pleasure, Sir," she replied.
    "But the lass looks like someone who'd enjoy an adventure, am I right? Can always tell with them kind of eyes twinklin' like they are now. You should think about changin' professions an becomin' pirate, Miss Lynch! Far more adventure for those without the navy wavin' their fingers at ye like a scolding 'ol nanny."

Devin's smile broadened at this. She hadn't ever really thought of being a Pirate before. It was an interesting prospect, one that she would have to consider. After all, the stories of swashbuckling adventures and battles with krakens and hydras and the leviathan were all those pertaining to pirates, and rarely to the navy.
    The image placed in her head of Lieutenant Roscoe as a scolding old nanny was also a rather entertaining one.

She was very suddenly being jostled around as the pirate's hand grasped hers. Devin came to fully realize what was happening at the last second and hurriedly returned the gesture before he released her hand and gave the same hearty handshake to the Liutenant.
    "Quite right, Sir! I may have to consider it."

"Ah, but don't just stand there gawkin' like a gaspin' cuttlefish Mr. Stuffypants! What be yer name?" the Captain continued. "Need to know everyone aboard this ship after all since I'll be one of your esteemed and highly professional Captains on this glorious voyage!"
    Devin made a failed attempt to smother an amused snort of laughter. Stuffypants? The look on the Lieutenant's face was perfect, as was the nickname. Captain Amadeus was definitely someone she could respect and take orders from. Lieutenant "Stuffypants," on the other hand.... well, she'd have to work the whole respecting aspect of having him as a superior. He hadn't earned it yet, rather, he'd pretty much done just the opposite. Any and all comments that were anything less than complimentary would have to remain in her head, of course.

“It's Lieutenant Roscoe. Sterling. Sterling Roscoe," the Liutenant said before adding a “Sir," and continuing. "The navy takes much pride in being the scolding old nannies of the sea, Captain Amadeus. Someone's got to maintain order – otherwise we'd all be blown to the bottom of Leviathan's lair."
    His jump to the defense wasn't surprising in the least, based on her recent encounter with the man. Devin caught Lieutenant Roscoe's look, to which she responded with a frown and brief glare. Was he still upset that she'd bumped into him? Okay, "crashed" might have been a better word, but it was an accident, and she wasn't trying to upturn any sort of order. She would be perfectly content following the orders given. Hopefully he would be a little less grumpy once the Ascendance had pushed out of port and was on its way out to sea. Otherwise, if the ship did end up blown to the bottom of Leviathan's lair, she wouldn't be making any moves to fix it.

[I am now loving Willy more then ever. Stuffypants? Priceless XD]
    Tags: Sterling Roscoe, Moritz, Silverhart; Captain Willy, Fiore, Sorren Corvus, Benathorn
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby cjr09 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:57 pm

мaттнιaѕ; wolғĸιn; тagѕ; ѕιndrι and joel ѕтrιх; ѕpнye and ѕcar;

"Huh, would 'ya look at that! Small world, and all that jazz," Matthias drawls, flicking his ears in curiosity, smiling benignly as he keeps his hold on Sindri, rocking back and forth on his heels dangerously.

"It's a pleasure to meet 'ya, Joel. Can't wait to serve with you, then- whenever it is this ship finally leaves port. Somehow, it feels like we've been here for months!" He says, happy to have met someone serving aboard the same ship as he already.

"So who're you servin' under, Joel? I'm under some fellow named Captain Willy- I'm rather excited to meet the fellow. Speakin' of, we should head to the Ascendance now- care to join us?"

ℓуяι¢; нυмαη; тαgѕ; αℓℓ αвσαя∂ тнє αѕ¢єη∂αη¢є; ѕιℓνєянαят, ѕ¢αя, вєηαтнσяη, αη∂ кαℓσ

Vasco lights gently on Lyric's shoulder, whispering quietly in his ear- another Crow aboard the Ascendance?

It's enough to give him pause- if Shadow's had finally decided to off him, well, this would be a good chance, and considering the sound of everyone so far he didn't want to be stuck in a full-on fight with any of them until he'd had more chance to figure them out.

Vasco shows him a picture of a grumpy looking halfborn Avian- dark hair, lithe form, scar over his avian eye- the other Watch Crow on board.

Well, he certainly didn't look like someone he could take down easily should it come to that.

Keeper stabs her claws into his shoulders in retribution for his train of thought, flicking her tail primly as she looks the newcomers over- seemed as though they'd be serving under this Captain Willy fellow, that should be an adventure and a half in and of itself- though the Sea Serval around his shoulders seemed like she'd be interesting to talk to- and Lyric takes a couple steps back to properly gather his thoughts on everyone so far.

There was something vaguely familiar about the name Captain Willy- something to do with the Sealer, perhaps?

No, wasn't this that guy Shadows was constantly putting under watch because of- oh, that makes much more sense.

This would be an adventure indeed.

So Captain Willy comes with the other Watch Crow- the infamous Sorren, if Willy's affirmation's of his guess was to be believed. There's the opposing Captain of the Navy- another halfborn Avian, Erza, who seemed to have a thing for order though wasn't good at keeping it- plus the two navymen so far, Devin Lynch- who Lyric would readily agree would be a better pirate than navy officer any day, and Sterling Roscoe- who was probably in for one hell of a ride if he had a problem with halfborns, considering the more liberal stance of most pirates in regards to their crewmates and his actual captain being a halfborn- he'd probably get over it quickly, at least. Still, Sterling- Stuffypants, as Lyric was sure to call him forever and ever now- didn't seem to be as uptight about the rules as most navymen were.

He decides to hang back and watch- this was quality entertainment on the high seas, damnit, and he'd rather it not be the killjoy of the group, even if at this rate they'd set fire to the deck before they even got out of port.

{So many years later it is DONE and it is AWFUL but it is DONE}
cjr09

Postby Sphye » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:28 pm

Sɪɴᴅʀɪ / Hᴀʟғ-ʙᴏʀɴ / Oᴘᴇɴ / Iɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ: Matthias Thatch & Joel Strix
Sindri said nothing, but his hand grasped tighter at Matthias's as the gigantic wolfkin spoke. He vaguely realized how unprepared he was for his boyfriend and protector to leave. The thought made his palms feel cold. He bit the inside of his lip.
Stop worrying, he told himself. It would be fine. Besides, Matthias was obviously excited. Sindri wasn't going to let his own uneasiness ruin that. He cast his eyes to the boards of the dock, scanning the grooves to distract himself.

It really did feel like it had been much longer since they'd arrived than it had. Probably something to do with adrenaline and crowds, he thought. That made sense.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:43 pm

The Purser wrote:
Some genius threw his match near a keg of black powder, and now half the dock is on fire. Hopefully no one was hurt by the giant explosion. At least I don't think anyone was hurt. I would go and check down along the other side of the harbor, but that's the half that's currently engulfed by a raging fireball of death. In any case, we're now trapped on the docks, with a giant inferno bearing down on us. Oh look! A bucket brigade! Well, it seems they have things well in hand. In another hour or two the blaze will be probably be under control. However, I feel we should maybe be on our way. The tide waits for no one of course, and we have a very strict schedule to maintain, which burning to a crisp would put a kink in. Plus I believe the view of Silverport burning would be much better enjoyed far out to sea, don't you think?
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Scar » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:36 pm

______ɴᴀᴠʏ ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ, Eᴢʀᴀ Nᴇʜᴇᴍɪᴀʜ
══════════════════════════════
___._『 30 years 』『 Male 』『 xxx 』
_________════════════════
_____❝ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀ ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ᴄᴀsᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ɢʟᴀss❞
_______

Grip tightening along a rail of wood, teeth gnashing as mismatched eyes glared viciously behind rounded spectacles at the blazing scene before him. Certainly reawakening him from the plain monotony he was so happily accustom to. Jerking away, Ezra knew there was no rhyme or reason to linger any longer than needed, not if they intended to leave without a scratch. Spitting out orders in a clear, raised voice as to hurry things along, feeling they had idled for far too long.

Sneering lightly, Ezra rubbed his temper in growing irritation, only then to utter a soft, nearly non-existent gasp upon the trembling whimpers and coos of the tiny reptilian that had slithered her way into being snugly tucked behind the collar of his uniform. Indifferent, he exhaled heavily through his nose and momentarily fell silent, lifting his hand as to cautiously retrieving the frightened Rune from her hiding place. Making pitiful noises still, Jewel curled and clung to his long, pinkie finger. Sparing him a sad look, she batted her large, round eyes until her owner grumbled under his breath. Scratching his finger on her scaly head until she purred, and then carefully pushed her off onto his hat where she normally resided.
Once all was said and done, and the little Rune was comforted, Ezra returned to his own duties and began another barrage of orders.

______ᴘɪʀᴀᴛᴇ ɴᴀᴠɪɢᴀᴛᴏʀ, Jᴏᴇʟ Sᴛʀɪx
══════════════════════════════
.____『 30 years 』『 Male 』『 xxx 』
_________════════════════
__-___❝ɪ’ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀᴠɪɴ’ ғᴜɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴ’ ᴄᴜᴘᴄᴀᴋᴇs❞
_______

___
Coughing and hacking, eyes stringing from the heat and ash of the explosion, if not having been a bit to close for comfort when all went to the Gates. Grimacing, shielding his mouth and nose with the crook of his elbow as Joel squinting his watering eyes and scrambled his way hastily back to the ship. Arms peppered with soot and smoke lingering on his clothes, fleeing from the scene and waddled briskly up the gangplank.
Wincing and rubbing his eyes only once in the safe embrace of the ship's main deck, only then did Joel take the moment to glance back at the chaos he fled from. Ominous chills whacked his spine, there was just something horrific about this scene of raging flames that made his body quiver.

Nipping at his ear, Dolly hissed in aggravation for his attention. Even resorting to fully biting his ear, only then did it seem to bring him back to the reality of things as he turned his focus on her. Burrowing deeper into his scarf, tail flicking as she made a gurgling yowl and stared intently at the glowing tongues of flame. Giving her a reassuring pet on the head, Joel spared one last glance to the inferno before turning away and making himself useful in the haste of setting sail.
Retrieving some small, toppled crated that had been disturbed in the blast, Joel carefully hoisted them up in his arms and began to transfer them below deck. Brisk but steady in his descent of stairs, it was in this mode of transporting that Joel came to notice that he hadn't fully escaped that fire without harm. The adrenaline of the moment just numbed it. Grimacing as he set the boxes down in their designated location, Joel smoothing his fingertips along the underside of his forearms. It felt hot and raw, sensitive to the touch and even to the very coolness of the air, and when he had the aid of sunlight he could see that the skin was redder then it should be. Even Dolly emitted a soft noise of concern, but no blistering was present so it wasn't at all severe. And certainly something he couldn't handle secretly on his own, he didn't want to bother anybody when work needed to be done. So with no further distractions, Joel readily made himself available to aid in whatever needed to be finished.
Scar

Postby Sphye » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 am

Sɪɴᴅʀɪ / Hᴀʟғ-ʙᴏʀɴ / Oᴘᴇɴ / Iɴᴛᴇʀᴀᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ: ?????
Sindri found himself on the ground in the aftermath of the firey explosion. He lay frighteningly close to the edge of the dock, just a roll and a half away from plummeting into the water not especially far below. Everything was so smoky so suddenly. The halfborn's nose was filled with the scent of the burning docks, smokey and warm and all but drowning out the sea.
Sindri pushed himself to get up, struggling to find his balance again to stand.
"Matthias?!" he called, eyes stinging as his head was thrust into the thicker layer of smoke. He took light breaths, trying not to inhale the smoke that surrounded him. He covered his nose with his sleeve, hoping the tan fabric would be of some help.
"Matthias!?!" he called again, looking frantically around. The flames, though at least not right beside him, emanated heat and danger. Had the wolfkin already boarded the ship? What if he'd been hurt in the explosion? Sindri stood frozen, unsure of where to go.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 am

Sterling nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden explosion. He instinctively flinched as memories of cannon fire flashed behind his eyelids, and he ducked to avoid an incoming blow. When none came, he opened his eyes and took immediate stock of the situation. The bright glow of fire in the distance grabbed his attention. His muscles unwound a fraction upon realizing the actual ship wasn't under attack or on fire. There was at least that.

But the docks were.

“Oh...glitch.” Sterling hadn't been speaking literally about being blown to Leviathan's lair. The man ran his hand through his shaggy hair.“Great Fates – I was speaking metaphorically,” he growled. The ship around him burst into complete chaos. Sailors rushed to and fro. There were shouts, and orders, both from their own ship, and floating across from others. Above all the noise, Sterling could barely pick out his own commander's voice – he had yet to officially meet the man after all. Quick as a whip Roscoe sprang into action, running to the companionway before he remembered who he was speaking with. He spun around to face Captain Willy, Devin, and the other one – the pretty-bird – oh, blast – he couldn't remember his name. “You,” he pointed at Devin, hesitating as he tried to think of an order to give. “Um – go and... secure that crate! And then stand by for Captain's orders. And you -” he pointed at Willy and his halfborn companion and frowned. “...you two...” The finger bobbed in the air as Sterling thought of how to go about ordering a pirate captain around. Could he even do that?

Well, he was spared the chance to find out. As he took a step back onto the first step, his foot slipped out from under him, and he disappeared from the three's view. The lieutenant went down for the second time that day with a crash, catching his chin on the second step and sliding painfully down the rest. He sprang up almost as quickly, red with shame, and glancing around to be sure his Captain hadn't seen that. He stumbled as a touch of dizziness assailed him, nearly losing his balance again. Tears of physical pain and hurt pride threatened at the corners of his eyes, as he reached up to rub his smarting chin, and found it bloodied.

“Glitch -” he cursed, as he rubbed angrily at the spreading blood. This only resulted in more pain and a new surge of blood to run down his chin and stain his dress uniform. He busied his hands with straightening his jacket and fishing out a handkerchief, trying to effect as air of 'I meant to do that,' as blood continued to seep down his neck. He pressed his handkerchief against the cut to stem it, as he yelled out: “Mor-ITZ!”

The dire wolf heaved a heavy sigh, straightening up. She looked up at Devin and gave her an apologetic wag of her tail as if to say 'Sorry about him. He's not usually this bad.' To Sorren,Willy and their creatures the wolf gave a polite (perhaps overly polite) sniff, before trotting over to the companion way and standing at the top of the steps. She cocked her head at Sterling, who was cursing up a storm that would warm the saltiest of sailor's hearts. 'It's not my job teaching you the proper use of stairs, Roscoe.'

“Glitch off, Mortiz! I know how to use the bloody stairs!” Sterling looked up to see the sailors around him staring at him. The lieutenant glared and bristled like an angry tom serval. He was in no mood to tell them off. He was in pain.

The dark dire snorted, and walked down the companionway to join her bonded. Sterling huffed, stumbling toward the stern, gaze searching the decks for the glimpse of blue cloth that singled out Captain Nehemiah. Ah, there. The Captain had his back to him and was shouting orders. Sterling shoved his way past the sailors to reach him, ready to receive and doll out orders in this turmoil. It was his duty – but more then that, Sterling just wanted to get the glitch out of here... and perhaps a small part of him longed to make up for his first impression.

“Ah!” The lieutenant growled as a sailor walked in front of him. He eyed the strange lanky man, and the crow on his shoulder. The hair on the back of his neck stood up, though he couldn't say way. “Oy! Can't you see where you're going, sailor? Mind where you're walking, why don't you!”

(And the stairs draw first blood! Sterling, you're gonna die out here, buddy. For real.)
Tags: Scar; Ezra Nehemiah ~ cjr09; Lyric Crow
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's