Nothing Is Ever As It Seems - Open!

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Nothing Is Ever As It Seems - Open!

Postby Mathcat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:26 am

And there, as if summoned by the opportunity to cause trouble, were the other two sea servals. For lack of anything better to do (because it wasn't as though he could make them stop if Adila couldn't), Val went dashing off after Adila, weaving through the crowds without much trouble. At least they had both been able to show their invitations to the guards first, so that they didn't look like they were trying to crash the party.

Val only stopped when he realized that the sea servals were about to lead them back outside. He was not about to go through showing his invitation to the guards yet again, especially when it looked like following Adila would eventually involve sea serval herding (surely worse than cat herding).
I'm not really here anymore, but I am still posting stories at https://archiveofourown.org/users/Mathcat2/pseuds/Mathcat2. I mainly write stories for Dragon Cave, MagiStream, and Forest of Mirrors, but I do have one Eldemore story.
Mathcat

Postby revenant » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:18 pm

Mei tore her eyes away from the imposing figure, though something about the person made her feel like she could keep an eye on him. She was used to identifying thieves and criminals, and though she somehow felt this man was above petty crimes, she still felt like something was wrong, even though she couldn't place what it was.
Mei gave Pandorum a blank look for a moment before realization dawned in her eyes as she registered
what the wolfkin had just said.
"Oh, she's outside," the dragoon responded, with a nervous
sort of chuckle. "Not nearly enough room in her for her. I'm sure she's fine, though, she's not the type to wander off looking for trouble."

--

Teovanth, meanwhile, was not looking for trouble, but it seemed that trouble had come looking for her. Three sea servals, in varying degrees of playfulness or hostility, were in front of her. The drake lowered her helmeted head to get a better look, a curious rumble rising from her throat. She knew they posed no threat, though the drake's intimidating gaze seemed to bore into the servals' bond when she arrived. It was oddly accusing, like Teo knew exactly what was going on and was telling Adila without words to do a better job of controlling her companions. None of them seemed hostile, besides one serval, but that didn't concern her. Bored, she sniffed idly at them, then snorted out a wisp of smoke.

Tags;; Pandorum & Admetrix - Iridescesara // Adila, Ember, Libra, & Silver - feming
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby Iridescesara » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Admetrix's ears pricked when the discussion of the drake came up. She whined, a soft noise, and nudged her bond in the back of her leg. Pandorum bit her lip, unsure, but then shrugged and turned her attention back to Mei.
"Would it...would it be alright if we were to see your drake?" she asked cautiously, unsure if this was crossing a line. "I've never---we've never---seen one up close before."
Just from down below while on the run, she thought to herself.

Admetrix huffed and, after approaching Mia and giving her armor a good long sniff, turned on her tail, determining that asking permission was taking too long for her interest. She snaked her way through the crowd towards the entrance, head low while she followed the dragoon's scent. The dire wolf wasn't about to pass up a chance to see a drake on friendly terms, or at least what appeared to be good terms.
She trotted out the elaborate doorway and held her head up high, looking to her right first. Seeing nothing there, she swung her gaze to her left, and stopped in her tracks.
Before her was the most glorious beast she'd ever seen in her lifetime; a drake of stunning proportions, scaly skin the shade of ivory and wing membranes the colors of a sunset. The massive creature donned elaborate, menacing golden armor, and held herself in a noble, guarding posture. It was a regal sight, and took Admetrix a moment to recover.
She shook herself and was about to approach when she caught sight of something that also caught the drake's interest; three sea servals, positioned directly in front of Teovanth. And involuntary snarl passed Admetrix's throat at the sight of the feline beasts, which she swiftly forced back; but she could do nothing to prevent her hackles from raising.
She padded forward more cautiously now, eyes shifting constantly from drake to servals, and back again. Her lengthy tail twitched in agitation, and she stopped a reasonable distance from the group, sitting on the cobblestone.

Tags: Mei and Teovanth --- Adila, Ember, Libra, and Silver

Postby feming » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Adila stood in front of the massive drake, wringing her hands. The drake didn't seem to be interested in a sea serval snack, though it seemed to glare at her resentfully. She could almost feel the drake's disapproval ad warriness. Biting her lip, Adila half-hoped that the drake's owner would arrive; but then again, Adila would probably get pushed out of the gathering immediately. Looking around for any sign of help, she noticed that Val was not nearby. Can't blame him, she thought glumly. Being stuck in this predicament was not her cup of tea, nor had she imagine that one day she would be standing in front of a drake trying to persuade her servals to stay away from it.
Suddenly, she heard a snarl beside her. Turning around, she almost jumped -the second time this day- in surprise. A dire wolf -or what Adila assumed was a dire wolf, though the pelt colour was quite unusual- was pacing towards her, the its lips drawn in a growl. The wolf\s eyes glinted blue even in the inky-black night, and Adila involuntarily stepped back.

She watched anxiously as it herded her servals back to her, letting out a breath she didn't know she had held. Adila quickly took a step forward and seized Ember in her arms, scolding her bond in her ear. Ember twisted around nonchantly to survey the dire that stood beside her, and Adila finally let the serval down, where Ember renuited with her sisters.

"Um, hi." Adila tried to speak to the newcomer. She had quite some experience apologizing to someone who was affected by her kitsune-servals, though Adila had never chatted with a dire wolf. Adila thought she looked quite ridiculous talking to it, but she felt that she owed it some sort of apology.
"Sorry about that," She stuttered again, wondering if the it would be angry at her serval's behaviour.

----
Adila - Outside the Hall - Admetrix

Libra - Outside the Hall - Ember
Ember - Outside the Hall - Mia & Admetrix
Silver - Outside the Hall - Ember & Libra
Last edited by feming on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creatures on my hoard list are missing outcomes (after March 2016; list is a WIP)~
Foxalopes <3
feming

Postby Tundra » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:21 am

The night was going strong as people mingled, talked, even laughed at one another. It seemed they cared not of species, gender, color, status. This was an event for everyone to enjoy, even thieves were having fun in their own little way. Across from most of the people, a few thieves were testing which had better reflexes. Each one jabbing at one another until finally someone drew blood. They laughed and clashed their drinks together, their bellows almost downing out the laughter of others. Servals chased each other though the balcony, runes played around like kids. Even Pyry, who most of the time seemed only to be in trouble, was starting to have fun. He flew off of his new found friends head and fluttered around the room. Well, one could say flutter, when his wing beats were actually struggled with his weight. For such a light creature, his wings sure were quite unworthy of flight. The ice crusting over the feathers made everything harder. But he managed.

Flying around for a few, he found another target, landing lightly on the helm of a Dragoon. He chirped, recognizing this dragoon as one he had met or seen earlier. He chirped his greeting, looking at Mei and letting out a little breath of frost that ended up crusting on the tips of Mei's hair. The rune waited to hear a reply, eager to make his newly found friends acquaintance.

Across the room Though Kuar finally rose to his feet, his eyes locked on the man up in the balcony. The rune on his shoulder was glowing intensely, as though another was looking though it to see what was there. Kuar blinked a few times, a glow that only seemed barely there faded. He walked around the room finally rejoining his joyful and playful rune Pyry. "Pyry, how often do I have to tell you not to breath ice on others?" Kuar smiled lightly, placing out his arm as Pyry joyously landed on his arm and chirped. Kuar tried to lighten his mood, but it was hard. He was slowly starting to feel tired himself, his bond to Val stronger then most realize. His Griffin Khalid also felt on edge, his feathers and fur bristled, looking around, as though he was trying to find what was bothering him.

Kuar lightly set his hand on Khalid whispering in the griffins ear "I wont let anything happen to you, calm your feathers, don't alarm anyone.." He smiled looking back at the dragoon. "You'll have to excuse my bonds, they are not used to large crowds..let alone so many different breeds." He smiled lightly as though trying to defuse any tension there might be.

back to the events at hand, everything was as it should be in this festivity. However, up on the balcony the hooded figure continued a low chant, beneath him the dark runic circle starting to glow. Something was building up, and no one here could sense it. Well, almost no one. The bonds that were present would soon start feeling sleepy, even those outside, their souls being tugged on by an invisible leash whispering them into slumber. Soon, he would have all he needed, and then, the fun would begin. No one would forget this gala that's for sure.

Kuar - Inside - Mei, Pandorum
Val - Around - Watching Everyone that's inside
Khalid - Inside - Everyone who's inside, watching, bothered by something
Pyry - Inside - Mei
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

Postby Kalo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:51 pm

People continued to chatter around him, and the cold, heavy thing on his head disappeared. Tyrik glanced up as it departed, catching sight of an ice-coated rune as it flew off to find another friend to perch on. He quickly reached up rubbed his hair, tangling it further as he tried to restore warmth to his head. With a shiver, he lowered his arms and turned back to Ebony and Aimo. He was still waiting on the latter's reply to his inquiry when he felt Zeru shift next to him. Tyrik looked instinctively down at his bond, who was blinking sleepily as he stared out at he crowd. That was odd. Zeru would normally be on high alert during an event such as this. He'd never miss out on an opportunity to cause or get into trouble, and he'd force himself to stay awake for hours to keep an eye on Tyrik. But falling asleep, especially this early in the evening and with such boisterous people around him? Zeru would never let it happen.
Tyrik knew all that, of course, and his brows drew together in puzzlement and concern as he tried to identify what was going on with his bond. "Zeru?" he asked, kneeling tentatively to reach eye level. No response came, and instead Zeru yawned and started to lay down on the Golden Lion's shining floor, poised much like a resting lion himself.
"Zeru!"
Something was wrong, very wrong, and Tyrik held his griffin's tired head in his hands. "Hey, what's going on buddy? You never fall asleep like this." Zeru merely blinked at him, slowly tilting his head, as if he were as puzzled as Tyrik, who was beginning to feel quite frantic.
"Are you sick or something? C'mon, stay with me."
The only answer Zeru gave was another yawn. Tyrik let him go as he pulled his head away and rested it on his outstretched forelegs, looking blearily about before falling to sleep, as if everything were perfectly normal. The Avian stared in disbelief for a few moments before standing, wings flapping automatically behind him to help him keep his balance. He muttered a quick apology as he felt them brush against someone behind him, pulling them sharply against his back the moment he noticed it. But as he glanced around at the gala for answers, his worry only intensified, moving from whomever he'd bumped to the bonds and companions. Creatures were nodding off left and right, some very slowly -- primarily those that were larger -- and others near instantaneously. Some bondeds paid their creatures no mind, and others expressed their concern, some moving on while others didn't. Was there something in the air? The food? No, Zeru hadn't eaten anything. Then what was it?
Then Aimo and Ebony came quickly to mind. Or, more specifically, concern for the creatures traveling with them. Some of them seemed like they were beginning to drift off as well. He tried to push it from his mind; it was awfully warm in here, but the worry still clung to him.Whatever was going on, Tyrik didn't like it, and while most would think Zeru was simply sleeping peacefully beside his bond, he knew it was anything but peaceful.

{Tyrik - Inside - Aimo, Ebony}
{Zeru - Inside - Aimo(?), Ebony(?)}
Trading wrote:
Looking For:
ImageBaublesImage
Missing Pets (Wishlist)
(Willing to Overpay!)

Have:
Monthly Swaps
Event Swaps
Past Event Trades
And More! Check out my trading groups!
Meet the Kalo wrote:
Hey there, I'm Kalo!
I'm a super awkward fangirl
who prefers fictional worlds
to the real one. I have a weird
penchant for giant robot
smack-downs (Transformers,
Pacific Rim, Bionicle... you get
my drift), not to mention superheroes.
You can throw Marvel or DC at me --
I love them both (but I'm
seriously way too excited for
Spiderman: Homecoming).
And while I'm usually terrible at
striking up random conversations,
I can rant about my favorite
fandoms for days on end.
Feel free to send me a PM about
anything. I'd be more than willing
to chat!
You can also find me on:
ChickenSmoothie
Charahub
PaigeeWorld
XBox (RoboSmackdown)
Currently Reading wrote:Jerk: California

Currently Watching wrote:Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Currently Listening To wrote:Various Movie and Game Scores

Currently Playing wrote:Overwatch
Destiny
Kalo

Postby revenant » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:10 pm

"Well, if you'd like to
meet her, I suppose we could-" Mei broke off abruptly as something small and cold landed on her head. She looked up on it, a confused sort of frown on her face. Upon catching a glimpse of the rune, she sighs quietly and asks, "You again?" Fortunately for Mei, the rune's bond soon arrived to collect the tiny, mischievous dragon. She gave him a curt nod; she did know how difficult it was to have so many different species in one room, and had sort of expected this sort of thing to happen. She gave the rune's bond an oddly suspicious look- perhaps because of their encounter earlier- but merely gave a curt nod, returning her attention to Pandorum.
"...As I was saying. If you'd like to see my drake, come along." There was no harm in letting them meet, right? Right. Teovanth could behave herself around strangers, and it wasn't like this wolfkin could harm her drake.
"Excuse us," she said to Kuar, "Or join us, if you want. I don't mind." With that, she turned and began to stride towards the door, cutting a path through the crowd as people parted before the armored Dragoon.

Teovanth was not feeling well. Slowly but surely, an odd effect was settling over her, weighing down her wings and attempting to drag her into a deep slumber. Suddenly, it seemed like a very good idea to close her eyes and take a nap. The drake shook her head with a snort. She was a Dragoon's mount! She did not fall asleep on the job!
Her spot outside seemed to be getting more and more crowded; now, a dire had arrived. Teovanth growled deep in her chest, curling back her scaly lips in a snarl. Everything seemed much more annoying to her when she was tired. The fact that these smaller creatures dared to intrude upon her made her scales prickle. She wasn't angry at them anywhere near as much as she was angry at whatever was trying to put her to sleep. With no way of knowing there were outside forces at work, she only considered it was her own lack of discipline that made her eyelids slip shut for longer and longer each time.
And that made her furious. Filled with frustration, Teovanth pushed herself up on her wing-claws, another growl rumbling from her throat. She yawned widely, showing rows of daggerlike teeth. The yawn turned into a roar as she shook her horned head, rattling her golden plate. With anger building in her and nothing but civilians to take it out on, Teo took the next-best option.
A orange light began to glow like a live ember from beneath the scales on her chest. She reared to her full, towering height as the light spread up her neck. Then, she opened her maw and let loose a huge jet of flame, pointed straight up into the air. It would burn off harmlessly above them, but those gathered around her were still close enough to feel the sweltering heat.

And that was right when Mei stepped outside, accompanied by whoever had chosen to follow her. She froze at the sight of her enraged drake, then rushed forward, teeth gritted. She didn't seem to notice the small crowd Teo had attracted; that, or she ignored them. A bellowing roar accompanied the blast of flame, so loud no one had any hope of talking over it, but after a few seconds Teovanth quieted, taking a deep breath like she was preparing to breathe more fire.
"Teovanth!" Mei shouted. Her bond's head turned towards her, recoiling a little. "Calm yourself!"
The drake rumbled discontentedly, lowering her head and hunching her shoulders in shame. White-hot lava dripped like spittle from her jaws, hissing on contact with the ground. Mei extended her gauntleted hand, slowly approaching the drake. "Teo, what's wrong with you?" She asked gently, tone somewhere between reprimanding and concerned. Teovanth only chuffed, extending her neck to press her nose against Mei's palm. Then, as all the fight seemed to go out of her, Teovanth's eyes slid shut and the enormous drake collapsed to the ground.

Mei - Just went outside - Kuar, Pandorum
Teovanth - Outside - Same
╔═══════════════════╗
reyes
male, bi
trying for a complete collection
(11 pages left)
trade me wishlist stuff!!
also offering CS pets for eld
╚═══════════════════╝

revenant

Postby Prince Mal » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:04 am

He must have spaced out from fear for a second, but in the next Aimo noticed he was alone with the young woman and without his new Avian friend. There was a general stir amongst the guests and the overall mood suddenly just felt... off. Out of instinct he stepped closer to the young lady, as if to shield her and her own bond from something, whatever it was.

The young Avian almost didn't notice how slugish his griffin was becoming. Emelyn yawned and stretched a bit as she stepped a bit closer with Kita as she was expected to. Aimo thought that maybe the ruckus was getting to her so he patted the great violet bird's head.

"Ebony... was it? My apologies for not responding... I'm a bit unnerved. I'm Aimo. Do you... know what's happening right now? It seems a bit... tense. Oh, and have you seen Tyrik?"

Aimo's wings twitched and he gave a large jolt when he felt Emelyn's head brush his leg. She was lying down now, the hyper Kita always on her back, falling fast asleep. After a quick look around Aimo realized Emelyn wasn't the only one falling into a deep slumber. Many creatures were currently swaying and fighting to stay awake, and others were curled around themselves as they rested.

This was far from a normal occurrence, but Aimo was too afraid to say anything about it.

(Aimo: Inside: Mei
Emelyn: Asleep, inside
Kita: Inside: Mei)
Prince Mal

Postby Iridescesara » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:08 pm

Pandorum's ears flicked up attentively as the small ice rune landed upon Mei's head, not seeming to care at all that its landing perch was a noble warrior. She felt a smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth but suppressed it, not sure how Mei would respond to jesting at this moment in time.
Soon enough she was spared though, as the rune's owner came up to the pair to retrieve his bond. He seemed normal enough to Pandorum, but the suspicious look passed from Mei to Kuar was not lost on the Wolfkin girl. Her predatory eyes narrowed slightly and one eyebrow raised as she looked from one to the other for a brief moment, and she then turned to follow Mei, surprised at how easy it was to pass through the crowd when a Dragoon was carving her path.

They reached Teovanth right as the mighty creature reared her head and loosed a jet of flame. Pandorum froze as Mei rushed forward, awestruck by the formidable drake, and frightened as well. Within a split second she felt Admetrix press against her and allowed herself to exhale her pent up breath, before slowly and cautiously approaching Mei and her drake.

Admetrix blinked slowly and shook herself, attempting to liven up her peculiarly sleepy mind. She was never tired at this time of night, why was tonight any different? She yawned and stretched beside Pandorum, leaning into her Wolfkin, and then slowly allowed herself to lay on the ground by her feet. Maybe she was so tired from all of the excitement from today; after all, a ton of new experiences had occurred one right after the other. It was enough to wear out any creature in Eldemore. A nap would certainly be justified.
Content with her inner logic, the dire wolf nuzzled her large head onto Pandorum's feet and rested her eyes; not quite asleep yet, but definitely on her way there.

Pandorum looked down at Admetrix, surprised and more than a little alarmed after the display from the drake. What could've caused the mighty beast to become so angry, and then suddenly collapse in sleep? And why wasn't Admetrix on high alert as a result?
She reached down and scratched behind the direwolf's ears and then tugged slightly on the tuft of fur between her shoulders, trying to rouse the beast. Admetrix merely grumbled low in her throat and lazily opened one eye to give what seemed like a glare to Pandorum. The dire then huffed and rolled to her side, closing her eyes once more in her rest.
Pandorum's skin prickled uneasily, and her ears flicked back in agitation. She looked at Mei the growing concern in her eyes barely suppressed.

Pandorum/Admetrix - Outside - Mei, Kuar

Postby Tundra » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:36 pm

The party was going along as though nothing was happening, however many in the crowd were becoming unnerved by their bonds starting to fall asleep. Many breeds relined so heavily on their bonds to protect them from harm in situations like this. A avian was trying to rouse its bonded raven rune, the rune just sluggishly letting out a reply before curling up like many other bonds there. An Elvian becomes alarmed as her elkrin begins to lay down in a corner near a direwolf who was already sleeping. That was a contradiction in nature right there, and it definitely was not natural. Many others were having similar reactions to seeing their bonds slowly ease into sleep. No one even thought of what could possibly be wrong. Though some began speaking to others close trying to figure it all out. No, the party itself seemed to be dying down and easing into a panic.

However things were not done. There still was the companion creatures to deal with. The hooded figure knew not all creatures present were bonded, and would still protect their owners if harm was to come their way. No, he had plans that were not to be interrupted by pesky companion creatures. He walked closer to the edge of the balcony to get a assessment of those who were bonded and not. From this he walked back to his original location and began whispering a song, the words sounding like any other music to the naked ear. However, to companion creatures, it was like a lullaby, tearing them from their normal ways and into a slumber. This however was quite a bit quicker then the bonded sleep, as it was more likely to cause alarm from the companion creatures if they realize what was happening.

During this time, Kuar had indeed followed the two outside. Not speaking much, he did prefer to watch and listen. He paused by the door for a little, seeing the painting on the wall of the keeper of the well of souls and a figure beneath the ancients form. Kuar smiled slightly as the crystal on his shoulder chimed "I look nothing like that! how dare they". This obviously was Val sharing his distaste of this artists portraying image of him. Kuar quickly turned and returned to the group he was following in the first place. However, when he looked back to see if Khalid had followed him he was a bit dismayed to see the griffin curled in a ball by the doors, sleeping sound. "Most...definitely not right...Khalid..be safe..I need" He stopped suddenly hearing the drakes bellowing roar. He instinctively grabbed one of his two hidden swords. He ground his teeth as he looked at the drake before him. It was in a panic, but so was its bonded. Kuar had to will himself to let go of the sword as he walked closer to the drake. Pyry, Kuar's rune was curled as tight as he could get on his shoulder sound asleep.

He walked up carefully, setting his hand lightly on the side of the drakes snout. It was odd to anyone there his confidence around the drake. One would almost assume he was bonded to the creature of they didn't know better. His eyes narrowed as he finally "Somethings not right. I'm sure you all have already noticed..our bonds are falling asleep.." He looked around the area seeing many bonded creatures sleeping calmly like nothing was wrong with this all. Kuar's eyes took on that slight glow again as he looked around trying to see if the threat was outside. He closed them and shook his head.."Whatever is doing this..has to be inside..creatures out here are falling asleep slower."

He could already tell they were going to ask questions of him and he sighed knowing he probably by the days end would have to tell who he is. But that would be later, for now, he focused on the drake before him. To ease the dragoons panic, Kuar could do one thing. His words were almost a whisper as his hand began to glow slightly, a light blue almost fire like mist emanating from the palm. The tattoo under his eye started glowing as well. It was a sight in itself as he pulled the drake out of its slumber. He could feel the thick, black magic that was inside the drake forcing the creature to sleep. In this time he also was able to sever the magic that was causing the slumber. This entailed using the bonded drake as a link into the bonded, or the dragoon before him. He didn't feel comfortable asking the dragoon for permission as he felt their minds connect for a split second before he cut the link and the dark magic that resided in Mei. Though, he suddenly pulled his hand back when the dark magic leaped from the drake at him trying to grasp him, the dark arching lightning crawling up his arm before fizzling out before it could take hold. He had fallen over though, holding his arm as he felt like fire was flowing in it.
Always Hoarding Griffins
Art best viewed on Mozilla
Tundra

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's