It's too cold for angels to fly :: Jump-in RP

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

It's too cold for angels to fly :: Jump-in RP

Postby Undertale » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 pm

A cold wind howled outside of the cave where Kiba of Glittering Frost (AKA, Kiba) resided. The dire wolf covered his nose with a massive paw, praying for the blizzard to end, even though he knew he wouldn't be answered. The storm had been raging for a month, and held no signs of easing down or stopping entirely for that matter. The only food he could find was the unlimited amount of nasty grubs and the occasional rabbit-like creature that entered, but besides being hungry, he hadn't seen or heard another animal for a long time. He missed the reassuring howls of fellow dire wolves from somewhere far away, or even the commanding bellows from elkrin before he chased after them. Oh how the young dire wolf begged not to die in this nasty, rotting cave, feeding from tiny grubs on the walls and under the loose stones. Kiba closed his frosty blue eyes and held his breath as he sent out one last prayer, putting all of his heart into his thoughts. All he wanted was for the storm to end, some good food, and perhaps to even meet some other animals. He didn't care if they were otterlings or rune drakes, as long as he could speak to another creature for the first time in weeks.

Chocolate Peppermint (AKA, Pepper) scrambled under some powdery mounds of snow, her fur fluffed out as much as it could, and her ruby eyes blinking away some of the white flecks. She couldn't last much longer in this snow storm, and had to find some form of shelter before she wound up setting her paws on loosely packed snow, in which would be a disastrous ending for the small otterling. Being drowned in snow, who knows how many miles away from her brithplace by the shining river, was not her most welcome idea of dying.

- - - - - - -

Just jump in, either with an image of your character or their name. (:
{{status: trading all pets for art and flight rising stuff
{{goal: to trade my pets to good homes
Undertale

Re: It's too cold for angels to fly :: Jump-in RP

Postby Distortionist » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Burn

The ligeress's entire body shuddered, wracked with cold. The intense freeze seemed to seep into her fur and claw through her pelt. Her glowing blotches were dim in the dark light, and her tail barely seemed to sway at all. Burn moaned quietly as she stumbled through the storm. The weather itself was wretched; to be caught in the blizzard without shelter was torture. She was desperate for any kind of relief from the wind and snow. Up ahead, Burn made out the faint outline of some sort of rock formation. A cave? With a new kind of ferocity, the liger surged through the storm, eyes fastened on that little dark spot of hope.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Postby Undertale » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:21 pm

The sound of approaching paws did not carry past the wind, but even if that didn't catch the dire wolf, the sight of a patch of red and black would have been enough. Kiba pushed himself up from where he was crouched, both hope and slight fear making his heart beat that much faster. It was plainly a ligeress from her scent, and the fact that she held no mane like the males did. He quickly took a pace backwards into the cave, preparing to make room for yet another poor, unfortunate soul who was suddenly lost within the fray.

Pepper caught sight of the cave and the liger that ran toward it, and something like a scream throbbed in her throat. She wanted to cry out at the sight, but she knew she couldn't give up. Even if she had to spend a night in a liger's den, she didn't care, as long as she was safe and sheltered. Pulling away her paws from the greedy snow and using her hind paws as snowshoes, the otterling kicked out and hurried to make it to the cave as well, hoping that her fur would keep her hidden for the time being as she raced behind the larger creature.
Undertale

Postby Distortionist » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 pm

Burn

As she drew closer to the opening, she realized that it was already occupied and nearly sobbed in despair. Would she have to leave? Then the dire wolf within shuffled further back, making space for her. He had a sort of kindred appearance about him. Burn hesitated near the entrance before darting in, her head dipped gratefully. He was a blueish Maltese color, with an odd feathery tail and ruff. "Thank you," she rumbled nervously. Perhaps it was odd for a creature of her size to be nervous of one smaller, but it was his cave after all. Behind her, a tiny padding sound echoed out. Was someone else seeking shelter here? Burn twisted around in the small area to stare into the darkness. The faint image of a shivering Otterling, not yet fully grown, dashing into the cave behind her was enough to make her share the generosity and move aside as well.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Postby Undertale » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 pm

"You're welcome." He replied, noticing her slight hesitance. Kiba's wintry gaze moved to the otterling as the other approached, and he twisted his head to see if there was any more space. You could hardly call it a cave, due to its small areas and few wide spaces, but at least it could hold a rune drake or two. Shuffling to a wider area, Kiba turned to look at them. Both were freezing their tails off, and he could only hope they didn't try to tear each other apart after a while.

Her eyes widened at the two larger creatures' tolerances as they allowed her to enter, and the small otterling made her way to a stone about the same size as her on her hind legs. Crawling to the top and curling her tail around it to keep herself steady, she watched the two closer. "Thank you." Pepper replied in her soft, warm voice, her ruby eyes scanning them for any signs of hunger that may tell her if they were going to attack.
Undertale

Postby SkieNight » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 pm

Bellalora

Out lined in snow, a deer like figured pushed through the drifts. Her long, thing legs clicked together as she shivered in the cold of the storm. Her harness jingled from her movements, and her dragon like tail was lifted as to not be dragged through the frigid snow. Bellalora was a creature of grace and elegance, though right now, she looked more like a wet and cold walking lump of fur. There had been a time, not so long ago, when the proud creature carried a human upon her back. But alas, in this storm she had lost her rider and was now wading hopelessly through the forest and the snow. Bella's eyes were not meant for such a stormy day, and the dear-like creature could berally see just a head of her. She spotted a large shape moving through the sheets of ice but it vanished. "W-Who is there?" she called, naively hoping that it was someone with a large companion. Her slender body was bent as she tired to fight through the wind and keep herself warm at the same time. Her small, almost crumpled shape made it hard to stretch her to get a clear view.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Undertale » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Bellalora's voice hardly carried over the wind, but luckily Kiba's sense of hearing was a bit sharper than it should be. The young dire wolf male inched his way around Pepper and Burn, poking his head outside for a moment. He was almost shocked by the blast of icy winds, but quickly collected himself before- hardly- spotting the deer. "Hey! Over here!" Kiba bellowed as loud as he could, the feathers on his tail twitching.

The small brown, white, and red otterling watched Kiba stride over to the entrance and howl something to the snow. At first she thought the wolf was going insane, but then she slowly made out the towering antlers of the deer-like animal, eventually discovering that it was a tall figure like something out of a fairy tale.
Undertale

Postby Distortionist » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Burn

Burn tilted her head slightly at the Dire, her eyes trained on the Otterling. It seemed jittery around the larger creatures, which caused her own nervousness to subside. Eventually the newcomer, an Elkrin, came into view. She shrank to the back of the cave, now unsure of how they would all fit. All of the body heat was probably the only good part of this.
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Postby SkieNight » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 pm

Bellalora

The first few seconds after her call were quiet. The only sounds were the howling winds as they pushed through the conifers. The dragon-deer stopped and glanced around. Her fur was plastered to her delicate figure, and her once red harness seemed to have lost most of it's color. Suddenly she hear it, a quiet voice pushed against the wind. "Hey! Over here!" Bella had to squint her green eyes to see the faint out line of the cave. Her back legs kicked back happily, though it was mostly to get her legs unstuck from the ever growing snow. She pushed forward, awkwardly jumping through the cold icy snow that was piling on the ground, higher and higher ever second. The bells on her harness and bridal jingled as she forced herself towards the cave. The deer stumbled into the small area and looked around. "Oh th-" her voice cut off. In front of her was a direwolf, a liger and an otterling. The only creature she wasn't terrified of was the small otter who was nothing in size to her. "I um..." she glanced out into the snowy wonderland, she wasn't leaving this cave, even with these creatures. Slowly she sank towards the surprising warm grown and curled up in a small ball, her back against the wall. She was thankful for the warmth, but was nervous about her new room mates. So she just waited to see.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Undertale » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:20 pm

"Some ragtag group, huh?" Kiba asked as though reading her mind, a puff of cold white smoke coming from his jaws as soon as he opened his maw. The wolf returned to his previous spot and looked to each of them with curious eyes. "I don't think the weather is going to let up, and at this rate, I think we're going to have to start taking turns on people who wait outside and people who stay in for a couple minutes." Kiba said gently, trying to lighten the mood. Everyone was cold, and most likely starving, which wasn't a good sign for the prey animals like Bellalora and Chocolate Peppermint.

She nodded shortly in agreement to Kiba's statement, casting yet another weary glance around her. Pepper was oddly relaxed around the creatures, even though they were larger and stronger than she was, and she wouldn't be surprised if the liger and the dire wolf started chewing on her bones. Luckily they would go after the elkrin first if it ever came to that, since she was much bigger than the otterling.
Undertale

Next

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's