Wayfarer's Ridge ((Open))

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Wayfarer's Ridge ((Open))

Postby Corinesse » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:21 pm

(Finally starting to emerge from the bottomless pit of writers block! But not completely... xD)
Character: Iris Weri|Wolfkin
Companion: Regina|Sleipnir
Bond: Derin|Dire Wolf
Tags- Edna, Oskar
Iris watches as they make their way across the bog, and her eyes widen when Edna is sucked in. She starts to head over but composes herself when Oskar helps her out. The rain batters against her as they start to near the other end, finally clearing the muddy mosh pit. She gazes at Derin, who seems to be loving the rain and the mud, specifically mud since he is caked with it. She sighs knowing that she should probably try to be less of a serious person, but doesn't want her life to be ruined again. She straightens her back, nudging Regina forward as they start to reach the crest of the hill.

When Oskar finally asks the question they all have been thinking she shields here eyes with her hand, looking along the drowning landscape. "I heard about some path a couple villages back but I don't know where it leads" she says, shuddering when a gust of wind blows. Regina starts swishing her tail and shaking her head, hating the rain and Iris has to grip the rains tightly to keep her from bolting or bucking or something of the sort.
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:22 pm

((Ahhh. Sorry for the slow replies guys, I've been in a bit of a weird mood lately...))

Seth chuckled quietly at Delwyn's high praise of his occupation. It was obvious that Delwyn held healers in extremely high regard, and clearly nothing Seth said would ever change that. "So they all say. But the body is fragile; sometimes it would be kinder to deliver them into Oblivion's embrace." The loud thud of the elkrin buck settling down beside the fire made him look up, and he smiled when the buck replied to Delwyn's request for forgiveness.

Meanwhile, Daizen was still nuzzling the elkrin doe's neck, gently grooming her short fur. When Burnie stepped away and licked Delwyn's face instead, he gave a soft snort of disappointment and turned his attention to exploring the cave. Finding nothing of interest, and nothing edible, he settled down in a comfortable corner not far from the fire.

Seth looked up at Delwyn's question. "Why, tea, of course. We're both cold and wet, so I thought it would be nice to have a hot drink. There'll be enough for the two of us." He smiled. "I recall you saying that you would like to "be snug in a cottage with a warm cup of tea", and this might be the closest this place will ever be to a cozy cottage." Chuckling softly, he took the pot with the now boiling water from the fire and added a few of the dried leaves from his pouch.

----------

"Y-yes, sir. Thank you." Enda smiled at Oskar. Mud was sticking to her clothes all the way up to her lower back, but at least it wasn't quicksand in which she had slipped. That would have been far worse.... As she wipes the rain out of her eyes to see what's ahead of them, she ends up smearing mud on her cheek. "This double-glitched mud..." she mutters, as they start to climb the slope out of the bog and onto the top of the hill.

Now that the rain had lessened, they could see more clearly what was around them. The rock wall was not far ahead, and when Enda smelled the wind, she noticed the smell of a campfire. It seemed to be coming from the direction of a large overhang in the rock face.
When Oskar asked where they should go now, she opened her mouth to answer, but decided to wait when Iris spoke first, and nodded. "I've heard about that path too, but I'm not very familiar with this area and don't know where it starts. For now, though, it seems best that we check out the cave over there" - she points in the direction where the smell of burnt wood is coming from - "and see if Oskar's friend is there. After we find him, we can go and find that path." In her mind, Enda could clearly feel her bonded drake's amusement at the fact that she was covered in mud, but she shook it off. Glancing up at Taraen, she noticed that Lonn had also noticed that the rain had lessened, and was busy trying to crawl out of the pack in which he had hidden. It seemed that this proved rather difficult, since the leather flap had become wet and heavy.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Companion to Kerf the Incense Elkrin
    Caratacus the Golden Humming Bumble
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    Delwyn felt a wash of cold pass over him at the mention of Oblivion's embrace, as if, as the old human saying went, a jackalope had just passed over his grave. He shivered despite the warmth of the fire, though truthfully he had little to fear for himself. His Ancient's magic protected him from the ravages of time and death. He let his suddenly chilled hands drop into his lap. Burnie was rubbing at him in that slightly polite yet insist way she used when trying to remind him of something important. He couldn't remember what it was though- and his thoughts were too preoccupied.

“Perhaps...” he muttered, thoughtfully. In truth he'd never even considered the idea of taking another's life, and that idea unsettled him more then the prospect of death. It was a fascinating idea to ponder though. Humans and animals didn't seem so very fragile to him. When they did face death they often faced it with defiance, resistance, or courage. He couldn't imagine snuffing out such amazing qualities even if need be. But the other races faced it everyday and had had to learn to cope with it in their own ways...

It was not the time or place to ponder such morbid thoughts however, and he doubted it was worthy small talk with a stranger. He looked up from his musings at Seth's words relating to tea, and offered him a smile. “Ah yes! Tea would be most welcome!” He let his hand fall on Burnie's neck, entwining his fingers through the damp fur, as she gave him a plaintive look. His dark thoughts giving way, as if someone had struck a tinderbox and coaxed a flame into sudden being. “How lucky we are to find ourselves in this pleasant moment – warm and dry, with tea to look forward to, and good company to enjoy!” He leaned forward to sniff delicately at the aroma rising from the bubbling pot, and his stomach gave a slight tremble.

“Oh!” Without warning he dove into his nearest pack, rummaging around hurriedly. He rose with a triumphant “Ah ha!” pulling out a small stack of oatcakes. Burnie's ears pricked, and Kerf's head snapped around. Delwyn laughed handing her one of the cakes, which the doe accepted happily. He laid another oatcake before Kerf. With a grunt the hooded head snapped out and snatched another oatcake from Delwyn's grasp, and bolted it down, before turning to the other offered one. “Kerf!” the elvian hissed. “Don't be so greedy!” Leaving the stag to his ill-gotten gains, Delwyn bent to offer an oatcake to the jackalope. “There's one for you too, if you like!” He waved the flat biscuit in Daizen's direction. “I'll see if there's any more for us two-legged folk in Oskar's other pack,” he told Seth, wiping his clothes free of crumbs.

Oskar shot a glare at the frolicking dire wolf, who seemed to be quite happy in all this mud. A very small part of him would've liked to join in the wild creature's fun, but he shook it off. He wasn't a dire to be off rolling in puddles. He hunched his shoulders and sank down into self-imposed misery, mimicking the others' discomfort. It wasn't hard to do, for the rain clung to his hair and shirt, the cold soaking through to his skin.

He stood a small distance from the others. Oskar listened with one ear turned toward the conversation of the path, while his other ear swiveled forward to scan the area below their hill in front of the rock wall, looking and listening for signs of his companion and their elkrin. He glanced back when Enda mentioned finding the path. She had said nothing about his maps to Iris yet, and was curious about that – but then he hadn't told Iris anything of them either.

Something squirmed under his shirt. He glanced down to see Caratacus poke his golden head out of his shirt collar. The small bird pointed it's beak toward the rock and gave a commanding peep as if to tell Oskar “Forward!” “I... think Caratacus wants us to...” Oskar felt silly, taking orders from a humming bumble, and he quickly stifled what he'd been about to say. He half expecting the two women to start laughing at him anyway. He ducked his head toward the bird again, muttering a barely heard apology. “Uh – nae. Nevermind.” The halfborn watched the humming bumble's beak, and looked up to where it pointed.

Iris' dire wolf was running about in front of them, white fur streaked with mud, tongue lolling happily. Oskar was struck by a thought. “Can your dire track? Can he follow a scent through all this fog and mud? It would'nae be very far,” he asked Iris suddenly, interrupting the women's conversation. He began patting himself down hurriedly. “I may have something here of Delwyn's...”
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Corinesse » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:32 am

Character: Iris Weri|Wolfkin
Companion: Regina|Sleipnir
Bond: Derin|Dire Wolf
Tags- Edna, Oskar
Iris moves her and looks at Oskar. She nods saying, "Once he gets the scent he night go a bit insane" she smiles softly, watching the joyful Derin running around, his legs almost pure brown. She watches as Oskar oats himself down for something with his scent. Her eyes find the cave Edna is on about and she smells the air as well, smelling campfire and some sort of tea. Her ears twitch as she looks at the cave.

((Still have loads of writers block *sigh* I've seemed to have lost all creativity))
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:31 am

While Seth waited for the tea to brew, he watched with amusement as Delwyn distributed biscuits to the creatures. He chuckled softly when Dantalion sniffed curiously at the oatcake that was being offered to him, his long ears twitching with interest. The black jackalope reached out with both his little paws to take a hold of the oatcake, much like a squirrel might reach for a tasty nut. He chittered in thanks before starting to munch on the biscuit. By that time, the scent of the oatcakes had also reached Daizen, who sniffed the air and looked intently at the biscuit that was being waved in his direction. Deciding that the biscuit might be worth his effort, the sleipnir untangled his front legs and raised himself halfway off the ground, leaning forward as he stretched his neck to gently take the biscuit from Delwyn's fingers. Once he had a hold of the biscuit, he unceremoniously dropped himself back onto the cave floor, tucking his front legs as comfortably as they would go and happily chewing the oatcake. It didn't take long for Jack to notice that tasty things were being distributed; with a caw, he fluttered down from wherever his perch had been in the cave, landing at Delwyn's feet and pecking at the fallen crumbs.

Swirling the tea around one time and breathing in its scent, Seth nodded to himself. "The tea is ready." Using a cloth so he wouldn't burn himself on the still-hot kettle, he took a wooden cup from his pack and poured some tea into it, making sure the tea leaves remained in the kettle. He waited a moment as Delwyn wiped the crumbs off his clothes before offering the cup of tea to the Elvian. "I must say, the idea of biscuits to go with our tea sounds lovely. And I get the feeling that Jack is secretly disappointed for missing his chance to get a biscuit himself." He chuckled softly at his last comment and smiled at the Elvian before turning back to his own pack, rummaging for the second wooden cup and filling that one with tea for himself. With a thin wire fork, he deftly fished out the tea leaves from the kettle before hanging it back over the fire with the remaining tea. Leaning back against a rock, Seth gently blew at his tea before carefully taking a sip. "Ahh... Just what I needed."

----------

Enda nodded when Oskar suggested that Iris's dire track his friend down. "I don't really think tracking is necessary - so far, that cave seems to be the most likely place - but that way we can definitely be sure he's there." It was definitely the only natural shelter that would have remained dry in this downpour. And when it's not raining, it's clearly visible from the hill with the tree where they started from. It wasn't that far away, either. If they started walking right away from where they were now, they would be inside in less than ten minutes... And she wanted to be warm and dry. Secretly, she was jealous of the warm fur Iris and Oskar possessed - although she realized that with this downpour, Oskar's fur would probably be soaked by now. Still, he didn't seem TOO uncomfortable - It might've been her imagination, but she thought she'd noticed moments when Oskar seemed far less miserable than he looked. Like just now - from the corner of her eye, he had seemed to be looking at the frolicking, muddy dire with mild envy, but when she looked at him, he had his shoulders hunched with a miserable expression on his face...
She waited patiently for Oskar to find something that belonged to Delwyn, but she quietly doubted that the dire would be able to pick up any other scent than Oskar's own from anything that Oskar kept on his person.

Eventually, Enda sighed. "If you two don't mind me, I'll go ahead and check out that cave. It might have almost stopped raining, but I'm wet, cold and miserable, and if the fire I'm smelling is indeed in that cave, it might at least be warm and dry in there." She hoped she wasn't being too harsh, but she really wanted to go there instead of staying out in the drizzle and the cold wind any longer - especially now that said cold wind was picking up. She pulled her hood further over her head and checked the weapons on her belt again just in case as she turned and walked past Taraen, who had been waiting a few meters ahead. Lonn fluttered off of Taraen's back, circling around Enda a few times before the tiny rune decided to fly ahead towards the cave, looping back every now and then to see if Enda was still following.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:39 pm

(This week has been crazy for me, so excuse the somewhat uninspired post.)

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Companion to Kerf the Incense Elkrin
    Caratacus the Golden Humming Bumble
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    The Elvian smiled warmly as the jackdaw flapped down in front of him, and cawed for his own oatcake. “Of course, you might have a treat, Master Jack!” Delwyn accepted his cup of tea gratefully, feeling the heat through the wood warm his hands. He put it down before happily plunging into the packs once more, as the cozy scent of fresh tea infused the cave and tickled his nose. “I could have sworn there was more in here...” Deeper and deeper Delwyn burrowed into the pack, flinging clothes and supplies onto the ground by Burnie's feet. One stray sock landed on the doe's face, and she snorted in alarm. A canteen went rolling past Jack.

“Oh Fiddle!” Delywn hissed beneath his breath. “Kerf! You ate the last oatcake we had!” The stag reached over to scratch at his face with a back hoof, before letting out a contented belch. “Kerf...” Delwyn's voice tried being stern, but only endeavored at sounding weary.

The Elvian sat back. “I am sorry. It seems that was the last of our food." He reached a hand out to pat Burnie's head, found a sock in place of her soft fur, and picked it up with a look of detached resignation. With a sigh he tossed it over his shoulder onto the pack. With an air of dejection, Delwyn picked up his cup of tea, plunging his nose into it's rich scent. “Thank you very much for the tea, friend. I will have to repay the favor someday. Hopefully with proper biscuits and cakes for everyone.” He sampled the hot liquid, enjoying the scalding sensation the filled his mouth, and ran down his throat, warming him up from the inside out. “Ahh. This is quite good.” He looked at Jack dejectedly. “I'm very sorry I don't have an extra treat for your Jack. Kerf is sorry as well.” The stag snorted as if to say 'no I'm not.' “Even if he doesn't act like it,” Delwyn thought to add.

Most likely place? You don't know Delwyn then, Oskar thought, but didn't say so out loud. He was just as likely to be in the cave as off gallivanting Fate knew where. But he was inclined not to argue. Dropping his ears, he gave a shrug. “Whatever you think best.” Secretly, he acknowledged that having a base to work from was probably a good idea, but he refused to admit to it. He was anxious to find Delwyn before trouble arose, and get on their way.

When Enda started off in the direction the cliff, the halfborn hesitated, sending a glance back at Iris to check her reaction. He felt compelled to follow the young woman's lead, as he had been doing. “The cliff's as good a place to start a search as any. If Delwyn's not there, I'd like to use your dire to track him. You and your mount can get in out the rain and wind, at the very least.”
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Corinesse » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:37 am

>>I'm leaving for Ohio today and I'll be there for a couple of days. There won't really be any WiFi(cries) so I can't post. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up!<<
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:26 am

((Ah, have fun! We'll be waiting for your post when you're back~))
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Corinesse » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:21 pm

{Ahhhh sorry for not posting!! I'll try hard to get one up soon, the past couple days have been hard}
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:28 pm

((It's fine, take your time~!))
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's