Wayfarer's Ridge ((Open))

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Wayfarer's Ridge ((Open))

Postby Silverhart » Mon May 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Companion to Kerf the Incense Elkrin
    Caratacus the Golden Humming Bumble
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    “Caratacus is humming bumble of course!” Delwyn beamed. “I've known him since I was a small fawnling. I do hope he found Oskar alright.”

Upon reaching the shelter, Kerf shook his plumage, showering Delwyn and Seth in more water. Delwyn quickly took shelter in the cave, dragging the two Elkrin inside. Beneath the rock overhang it smelled of loam and fresh rain. The Elvian blinked, his eyes adjusting to the shadows. In the center of the cave was a circle of stones around a heap of charcoal. As he circled it curiously he realized it was an old firepit, like the ones he'd seen Oskar construct.

Delwyn set about removing Seth's cloak from Burnie. Freed from the cloth, she shook herself dainty. He cast about for a place to put it, and eventually laid it out on a rock to dry. Delwyn considered removing Kerf's makeshift blindfold, but then thought better of it. “Oskar's going to have questions about why his shirt is sopping wet...” Delwyn muttered, fingering the wet cloth. Burnie made a chuckling sound. Now that she was closer, the elkrin doe decided to investigate the sleipnir further, politely sniffing his nose, and perking her ears towards him.

Someone had thought to drag a log into the cave to serve as a makeshift seat near the fire. Delwyn took a seat and began to ring out his long hair with his hands. “Quite a rainfall!” he exalted. “What I wouldn't give to be snug in a cottage with a warm cup of tea.” He sighed at the lovely thought. A cave in the middle of nowhere was as far a cry from that as he could imagine. “Still – there's something to be said for being out in the thick of an adventure, isn't there? Though it is more wet then most of the stories led me to believe.” He began to press and squeeze his garments in an attempt to dry them.

A wolfkin, Oskar realized as he saw the newcomer approach. He glanced at Enda to gauge a reaction. He thought she seemed uncomfortable, but then a smile crossed her features and she greeted the stranger warmly. He was wary, but relaxed a bit when the stranger introduced herself. Most bandits lacked the courtesy to make proper introductions before they attacked. She'd be foolish to try with Enda's drake standing right beside them. Still, he kept his guard up, not that he had lowered it all that much since running into Enda.

He was studying the newcomer closely, and so Oskar was startled as the big dire wolf padded up to sniff at him. He took a step back in surprise, then glared at the wolf, annoyed that he had been taken off guard. The halfborn glanced up at the wolfkin on sleipnirback. “And what are you doing here?” he asked, trying and failing to keep the confrontation from his voice. She could just be another traveler who was waylaid by the bridge. It was a major road in this part of the country, he reminded himself. He could already hear Delwyn chiding him to stop being so suspicious, but Oskar couldn't help that. His whole life had taught him to be wary of all strangers. It was far better to be cautious and potentially ruffle a few feathers, then it was to trust blindly and then find yourself tricked, or robbed, or worse. “You picked a bad time to go traveling,” he grumbled, hunching his shoulders against the rain. At this point he just wanted to find Delwyn and get under some shelter.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Corinesse » Tue May 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Character: Iris Weri|Wolfkin
Companion: Regina|Sleipnir
Bond: Derin|Dire Wolf
Tags- Edna, Oskar
"Yes, it does seem to be more wet then my liking" Iris responds slowly, in a somewhat mocking tone. She gazes at the man, watching Derin's ears droop when the man backs away. She shows the slightest hint of a smile, seeing that the man doesn't seem to be very relaxed, nor wanting to engage in any conversation with her. "To answer your first question, I am out getting some supplies and just trying to get away from being, although it seems as if I have failed" she shrugs, readying her dagger and adding on, "And what business are you on and what is your name?" Although I really do not care, might as well make it a nosiness party

Derin abandons the man and makes his way over to lady, cooking his spotted head and looking her over. Iris scans her white eyes over the scene once more, taking in the full extent of the damage. Not going to get past that anytime soon she thinks to herself, catching the small humming bumble out of the corner of her eye. She disregards its and goes back to watching the river flow in a torrent of mud and branches. Regina shifts her weight and Iris stretches her heels, waiting for the moment of when to show her dagger and make it obvious that she is not one to be reckoned with.
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 am

((Just so you know, I'll be entirely unable to reply from the 13th to the 16th. You two may continue posting if you want; I'll try to catch up afterwards. ^^))

A humming bumble, huh? Then that great silhouette does not belong to his companion, or any creature accompanying them. Well, I guess that's good; I shouldn't have to worry too much about them. Can't get more dangerous than that smoking stag over there... Seth eyed the blindfolded Incense Elkrin, which seemed uncomfortable and not very happy at being unable to see anything. He glanced over to Delwyn, who was wringing out his hair and clothes, and looked around at the sheer number of cloth that was spread out over the rocks in an attempt to dry - two of his short hooded capes, plus his own coat, and he thought he saw a glimpse of Delwyn's jacket spread out somewhere as well. He touched his eyepatch - the damp leather felt cold, sticky and uncomfortable against his skin, but he didn't want to take it off.
When Burnie came closer to investigate the sleipnir, Daizen twitched his ears, sniffing her nose in return, apparently deciding that he liked her as he carefully took a step closer, rubbing his nose against Burnie's neck and shoulder as he investigated her further. In the meanwhile, Dantalion had hopped off the sleipnir's back to investigate the fireplace and subsequently the rest of the cave. After a little while, he came hopping back to Seth, offering him a curious-looking plant. Seth took it from the black jackalope and closely examined the leaves, handling it carefully. "That's a good find, Dai... would you show me to it later?" The jackalope chittered in agreement, nodding his head and causing his long ears to flop about.
Seth turned back to Delwyn. "Should I make some fire? It would certainly make this place a bit cosier, and I could make some tea to warm us up." He began to pile some wood in the firepit before Delwyn could even answer, making a nice pile of straw and small dry twigs while he kept the bigger logs to the side, and chuckled when he heard Delwyn say that he hadn't expected adventures to be this wet. "Well, in most stories they forget to mention what the weather was, or they exaggerate everything to make it all the more dramatic. Believe me, most adventures are like this, and by far not as grand as the tales."

----------

Enda nods when the wolfkin tells them her name, although the voice does nothing to settle her nerves, and she finds it hard to keep up the warm, welcoming smile. Finally, she settles for a more serious expression, still as relaxed as she can manage. Obscured by her cloak, she slowly checks if all her knives and daggers are still in their place and easy to reach. When she finds that they're all there, she lets out a soft sigh, glancing up at the rain with an annoyed expression to make it seem as if she was just sighing at the rain. She barely reacts to the dire wolf, being very familiar with dire wolves herself, though she does feel a sting of regret when she remembers her first bond. When Taraen recognizes the feeling, the great drake slowly lowers his head until his head is lightly resting on Enda's shoulder. With a faint smile, she gently leans her own head against the drake's. I was foolish. But I'm still glad for it - without that, I wouldn't have you with me now.

As Oskar told the wolfkin girl that it was a bad time to be traveling, Enda nodded her head in agreement. She noticed that Oskar was looking increasingly uncomfortable in the rain, but when a suggestion from Taraen entered her mind, she shook her head. Spreading your wing like that will only make her more likely to attack now, she thought. The drake responded with a soft purr, barely audible to anyone but Enda.
When the wolfkin mentions "and to get away from beings", she can't help but let out a soft chuckle. "You must not know that this is a well-used route, to pick this road when you want to get away from others. And since you ask... I am Enda Guaire, and this fella here is Taraen." She slipped one hand out from under her cloak and patted the drake's head when she introduced him. "My business is none of yours, but I'm on my way to the great cities. And I'm sure my..." She hesistated for a bit, unsure how to refer to Oskar without either degrading him or calling him by his name. "I'm sure my companion here prefers to introduce himself." Companion will have to do for now, whether he likes it or not.
"Now... if you don't mind, we have to find someone, and then find shelter. I don't have any plans to keep standing around here until I'm soaked and freezing to death." That came out a bit harsher than she'd intended, but that was fine. The sooner they could move on, the better.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Fri May 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    Delwyn watched as Burnie and the sleipnir stallion approached each other and smiled. She was exceedingly polite and friendly. If he'd been an elkrin buck Delwyn might have accused the old girl of flirting. Kerf stood next to her. He strained against the rope that tied the elkrin together, snorting, and stamping his hooves. The old buck knew something was happening, but not what, and it made him irritable. “Be still Kerf! You're out of the rain at least!” Delwyn laughed. But the stag would not be still, and impatiently trotted in place. The Elvian was about to go and calm him, when his eye was suddenly caught by the black jackalope. It appeared to have a leaf in it's mouth, which Delwyn thought he was eating. He leaned his elbows on his knees and peered closer. “Now... do you eat clover, or seeds, or... both?” he mused.

As he was pondering this he saw Seth begin piling logs onto the firepit. He marveled silently at that. “Ooooh? A fire...” Fire always held a bit of awe for Delwyn. Growing up, uncovered flame was something rarely, if ever seen in his village. And when it was seen it was usually stamped out quickly to prevent it from catching anything. After seeing Oskar handle it with ease, his initial fear and distrust had given way to awe and reverence, so that the halfborn would come back to camp to find Delwyn staring wide eyed, as transfixed as a moth and trying to compose soliloquies to the red flames. He would not go very near it, nor do anything to stoke it - he left that to the experts, but he did enjoy watching it.

“Yes, it does seem that way.” Delwyn said in agreement. He smiled and reached out a friendly hand towards the jackalope waiting, for the creature to approach. “I don't think I could withstand all the adventure those tales contain. At least not all at once.” He paused as he considered this. “You seem to have had your fair share of adventures! Are you a traveler, or a trader of some sort?”

Oskar mulled over the stranger's answer. Get away from being – well, he could hardly find fault in that, having had that same feeling come over him before on occasion. He wondered at why she would be failing in that. Furthermore he wondered at what had caused her to seek it in the first place. But he knew far better then to ask such a personal question of a stranger. It wasn't any of his concern what had driven her to seek solitude.

“Oskar.” He answered brusquely at Enda's prompt. “Oskar Airgead. And I'm just looking to find my friend and our mounts and get across this river.” He sighed, and reluctantly added, “He sort of... wandered off. It wouldn't be the first time.” The humming bumble began to chirp as Enda talked, a buzzing in his ear that was growing increasingly distracting. “What? What is it?” He hissed. Then realization struck him. “Oh, and this is Caratacus.” He gestured toward the bird on his shoulder. Caratacus stepped out from the shelter of Oskar's collar just long enough to bob his head in greeting, like a gentleman giving a small, graceful bow. “Happy now?” Oskar asked. The tiny creature piped an affirmative.

From the sound of it Edna wanted be on their way as soon as possible, and Oskar agreed. The weather was getting worse, and he had good reason to fear for Delwyn's personal safety. That man was liable to jump down a well just to see how deep it went, if he didn't have another's voice of reason to stop him. The thought of Delwyn, alone, in a storm, in unfamiliar and treacherous terrain... well, probably best to dwell on it. But Iris had approached them, and it didn't appear she would do so without reason. If she wasn't a bandit come to rob them then..? He eyed the young woman on the sleipnir, trying to gauge a reaction as he asked “Are you... in need of anything?”
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Corinesse » Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Iris nods at Oskar's and Edna's remarks, and frowns when Oskar asks if she needs anything. She thinks, not really wanting to say anything. "Don't be to harsh" Derin warns her, walking back towards Iris and Regina. "Just curious" she says, "Although I am a bit lost, not totally familiar with this place"

Iris hunches her shoulders, attempting to stay warm against the wind as she thinks of what to do. She has three dagger sheaths already on, but from what she has heard in small towns there are several wild creatures in this area even though she probably couldn't bring herself to kill a harmless animal. Regina stamps her hooves, starting to become impatient and starting to spook at the wind. Derin sits down, watching the conversation, satisfied with Oskar and Edna. Iris sweeps her white eyes over the two one more time and they widen when she notices Oskar. A halfborn! she thinks, not really caring herself, but knowing what Oskar might have gone through. She sighs, still hiding her dagger.
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Wed May 18, 2016 4:19 pm

When he didn't get a real answer from Delwyn about the fire, Seth decided that he would just go ahead and light it. He rummaged in his saddlebags, which he'd taken off the sleipnir when they entered the cave, until he had found his flint and steel and crouched near the fire to light the tinder. As soon as it caught fire, he laid a few of the smaller logs and branches on top, careful not to squish out the young flame. Soon, there was a merry fire going, and the small cave was already starting to feel slightly warmer.

Seth chuckled as Dantalion slowly hopped towards the Elvian, sniffing Delwyn's fingers briefly before sitting up straight and closely examining the Elf. "You could say so. I travel around, give people and creatures medicine and treatment, and they give me what I need. You might say that I'm a traveling healer." He looked up from the fire he was tending, examining Delwyn briefly before returning his attention to the flames. "What about you? What do you do for a living? Oh, wait, hold on a moment..." Seth walked outside, returning after only a few minutes, soaking wet and carrying three long, equally wet sticks, sitting down close to the fire and tying them together at the top before placing the sticks over the fire like a tripod. Quickly, he fished out a thin metal pod, a flask of water and a leather pouch from his saddlebags. "My apologies... Please continue." He smiled briefly at Delwyn.

----------

Enda nods as she hears Iris' response. "If you need to cross the river, then you have the same goal as us - at least for now." She had noticed the slightly unnatural position of the wolfkin's hand - it seemed like she was hiding something in her sleeve. A weapon perhaps? Well, if she had wanted to kill us, she would have tried by now. "I don't know what you're hiding there, but as long as you're no threat to us, we will not be a threat to you. Since you don't know the area very well, you might as well follow us - once we find Oskar's friend, we're going to look for a way to get across. I can't speak for him, though - I'm pretty sure he's annoyed enough at having me around." Enda chuckled quietly - even though she had pretended not to notice until now, it had been painfully obvious that he had wanted her gone. But for now, it couldn't be helped.
Having said this, she slowly started off in the direction of the rock wall she'd pointed out to Oskar earlier, being thoroughly fed up with the cold and the rain. Taraen followed her, hissing in surprise when his claws sank away deeply into the bog, making a loud squelching noise every time he took another step until he gave up, growling as he leaped forward, clearing the boggy area in a few great jumps and waiting on the other side for Enda to catch up.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sat May 21, 2016 10:53 pm

(Sorry for the bit of a wait - hopefully it was worth it? Maybe? XP)

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    Delwyn's fingers moved over to politely scratch the jackalope's head. He marveled at the creature's softness, leaning over to study the stubby horns, and the wings tucked neatly along it's back. “You're quite handsome,” he told the jackalope in all honestly, moving a hand to stroke the long soft ears. "You remind me of the chillawings back home." He slid his fingers down to scratch behind the rabbit's ears.

At the scrape of flint on steel, Delwyn instinctively flinched. He glanced over to see Seth coaxing forth a tiny flame. It latched hungrily onto the tinder, gobbling it up like an insatiable dire wolf. The Elvian watched in silent fascination as Seth tended the fire. Under his hand it blossomed into a charming campfire, it's hot breath spreading warmth across his face and hands. The flames danced like autumn leaves caught in a whirlwind, catching and holding his eye, as if he were a crow and the fire a shiny bauble held up before him. His reverie was short lived, as Seth's words jolted him back into reality, and he looked up. “A healer...” Delwyn's eyes grew wide at this reveal. Healers were venerated among his village. Few were needed among such a long lived race, and their scarcity made them highly valued. He realized he was in the presence of someone very special. The Elvian bowed his head slightly. “I am honored to share fire with a healer.” Another thought followed soon after. “You are a most odd contradiction indeed – a blood bonded healer,” he muttered, forgetting the subject had been a sensitive one. Someone who saved lives for a living did not fit into his definition of the people who practiced such dark magic.

Delwyn opened his mouth to respond to his question, when Seth jumped up. He watched, curious but silent, as the man began puttering around the fire. Then Seth asked him to continue, and Delwyn had a moment of trying to remember the question. “Ah! Yes! I used to be our village record keeper,” he said, beaming with all the pride his small frame could muster. “I used to be able to recite the date of every marriage that occurred in the last 350 years of our little village. Now I...” What do I do? His ears drooped slightly as he realized he didn't have any profession to define him any longer. He wasn't quiet sure whether he should feel sad about that or not. “I travel. With Oskar.” He shrugged, giving Seth a lopsided grin. “It's a tad bit more exciting then organizing papers. Less chance of paper cuts as well!”

“I suppose we do make a curious sight,” Oskar grumbled, eyeing Enda and her drake. Not as odd as my usual choice of companions though, he thought, shrugging. “Well, if you're lost there's only two ways to travel, and that's across the river, or back along the road.” He hooked a thumb over his shoulder to indicate the road. “And the bridge to the river's washed out, on account of the storm.” Which left her with only one option, though Oskar didn't say it.

Oskar had yet to notice anything about the wolfkin hiding anything. As Enda said it however, he took a closer look at the stranger, and indeed, one of her hands was not visible. He pinned his ears back in worry, glancing nervously toward Enda. He hoped his dark train of thought was wrong, and it was not a weapon. The halfborn didn't have very high hopes however. She cannae possibly mean to attack us... can she? He tried to quell his overactive imagination, fidgeting nervously. He had come across people who would wish for any excuse to attack him, and he wouldn't blame her if that were her intent. He was a halfborn after all – people had good reason to be wary of him. No, no – he was merely being paranoid. Iris was probably just as nervous and unsure as he was... Your paranoia is getting worse, he heard an inner voice say. He kept his ears down, taking a respectful step back, ready to bolt at a sign of hostility.

Enda's chuckle put him at some ease, and he looked at her. He could scarcely deny the accusation. He was rather annoyed by the whole situation – especially when she offered to have the stranger follow them. He hadn't agreed to that! When she took off toward the rock face, Oskar was still trying to find a way out of this predicament. Nothing came to him. And Enda was quickly getting away. He'd lost the fight before it even started. He glared at Iris. “Well, I guess you heard her then.” But what he really said was 'I'm evidently not the one in charge here any more – so I guess you can follow if you want.' He jogged after Enda without another word, pausing once when curiosity compelled him to look back and see if the stranger was following.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Corinesse » Thu May 26, 2016 8:35 pm

(and this, ladies and gentlemen, is my sad attempt at a post (although I feel like it is pretty good considering my lack of creativity and ability to art). Sorry I died on you guys heh)

Tags- Edna, Oskar
Iris silently listens and when they finally notice her dagger she smirks. She removes it from her sleeve revealing a beautifully crafted weapon. It's hilt is lined with gold and has 3 sapphires embedded in it, and the blade is curved and sharp. It's corresponding sheath is on her thigh but she keeps out the dagger, just in case. At Edna's joke Iris says nothing and when she starts to stalk off through the bog, Iris rolls her eyes.

She nudges Regina onward after Oskar jogs several strides and starts to make her way through the bog. Derin bounds ahead and ends up by Taraen, wagging his tail. Regina looks uneasily around, spooling every once and a while when they sink. "Were you out during the storm?" Iris says, not meaning to make idle chit chat but to learn more about her soon-to-be traveling companions, knowing that they most likely will have to stick together
Last edited by Corinesse on Tue May 31, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Tue May 31, 2016 2:00 pm

((Hopefully your writers/art block will be over soon, Cori! You did a pretty good job with your post despite that, though ^^
And no worries Silver, it was worth the wait! :3))

Dantalion leaned his head against Delwyn's hand when the elvian petted him, his eyes half closed in a content expression. As Delwyn flinched from the sound of sparks being struck, the jackalope's ears perked up and he looked for the source of the noise, settling down once again when he noticed the small fire.
Seth blinked when he heard the word "honored" and turned his attention to the Elvian, studying his face to see if perhaps he was joking - but the Elf seemed earnest. "Uh... thank you. There's no need to be so formal..." He glanced over at Delwyn once more, but pretended to not have heard the muttered comment over the crackling of the fire.

"That sounds like a very interesting job," Seth chuckled with mild sarcasm as he filled the metal pot with water and hung it from the tripod. He nodded when Delwyn mentioned that he was now simply traveling with his companion. "Ah... Paper cuts. The bane of every librarian, archivist and book reader. Thankfully I have little need of paper - and I do agree, traveling is more exciting than sitting behind a desk." He settled down near the fire while his clothes dried slowly, a shiver creeping up his spine when a draught chilled his back. Jack fluttered down from a nearby rock, perching on Seth's knee while his 'human' gazed into the flames waiting for the water to come to a boil.

----------

Enda glances back towards Oskar and Iris when she hears Iris' question. "I wasn't, thank the Ancients. I only left this morn- OI!" Enda calls out in surprise as her foot remains stuck in an exceptionally swampy patch of mud and she nearly falls over. She pauses for a moment, pulling her foot free from the mud with a squelching noise, only to slip with the other foot and land on her bum before she can regain her balance again. "Glitches...!" She looks up at Oskar with a pleading look on her face, lifting up a hand in his direction.
"Would you please help me up?"

Eventually, they clear the boggy valley, reaching Taraen and Iris' Dire. Walking uphill, they can see the rock wall rising up before them clearly now, though it's still a little ways off. The rain seems to have slowed to a drizzle, too - although, as if to compensate for the slacking rain, the wind seems to be picking up...
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:09 pm

(Has it really been almost a week since the last reply? Wow. I have no sense of time – I'm sorry guys!)

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    Delwyn ducked his head as he continued to scratch the jackalope's ears. “You're polite to flatter me,” he said. “Interesting, yes, at times, but hardly as important as the work of a healer.” The Elvian heaved a contented sigh, as the fire's warmth began to seep into his skin. “After a couple of centuries you settle down with a book or scroll and realize you've read it before at least four times.” He chuckled softly. “Not like you, I'm sure. A new horizon every morning. New people to meet, new challenges to overcome. Making life a little bit easier, a little bit longer. It is a noble profession indeed.”

A loud thud made him look up. Kerf had grown surly and decided to plop himself down next to the fire. He let out a resigned snort. The stag still looked ridiculous with the shirt on his head. The sight of it made Delwyn burst into a smile. “I'm sorry, Kerf. Do you forgive me?” He said, hardly able to keep the mirth from his voice. The elkrin made a coughing sound that might have a 'yes', but was more likely the elkrin equivalent of 'glitch off'. Delwyn glanced over at Burnie, who was nipping and playing at the sleipnir's mane. Delwyn shook her head at her. “You're a shameless old flirt, you are, Burnie,” he mock scolded. The doe looked startled, then took a step forward and leaned down to lick Delwyn's head. “Don't try to butter me up,” the Elvian laughed, pushing her snout away in jest. “What are you making?” he asked Seth as he fended off Burnie's nuzzles.

The hair on the nape of Oskar's neck stood on end when the tilt of Iris' hand revealed. Was she planning on threatening us? he thought, suspicion creeping up his spine. He suppressed the urge to growl like a wild animal, turning his attention back to following Enda. Iris' direwolf bounded past him, tail a-wag. He seemed in far better spirits then his companion. Funny how bonds like that were sometimes made, seemingly between opposite personalities. Or perhaps they were more alike then he thought. Oskar wondered if underneath her brusque manner Iris resembled more of the dire, or if perhaps the dire, beneath a happy-go-lucky facade, more closely resembled his bonded.

So she had chosen to follow them it seemed. As she caught up with them he was about to answer her question when Enda let out a cry that made him jump. He pinned his ears back, as the young woman fell onto the muddy ground. She cursed and held up a hand to him. Oskar huffed, and reached down to clasp her forearm, dragging her upright. “Watch where you're stepping,” he growled. With a shake of his head, the halfborn stalked off up the hill, being careful of his own footing.

After a long climb up the slick slope, they found themselves at the top of the hill. The wind picked up, lashing rain into their faces, and forcing Oskar to squint. The smell of wet earth and burnt wood hung heavy in his nostrils. He panted lightly, standing to the side for a moment to catch his breath. “Where to now?”
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's