Wayfarer's Ridge ((Open))

Here you may post role plays that center around the lore and land of Eldemore! Play as your adoptables, bearers, residents, or any other creature that exists in this realm.

Re: Wayfarer's Ridge ((Open))

Postby Scyanatha » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:43 am

Seth tried not to show too much surprise when Delwyn agreed on traveling together. "Thank you." He chuckled when Burnie sniffed at the pockets of his coat and pulled his hands out of his pockets, raising them in the air slowly to show her that they were empty. "Sorry girl, I don't have anything for you."

Jack had fluttered over to the Elvian, perching on one of Delwyn's antlers and curiously tugging at his hair - why did this strange man have antlers, and what was he doing here anyway? - when the rain started to fall, softly at first. Daizen had come wandering back to the measly bit of shelter the tree provided, and Seth pulled a pair of short hooded capes from the Sleipnir's packs, throwing one over his own shoulders and pulling the hood over his head before offering the second one to the Elvian just as the rain increased in intensity.
"I suppose it is - and also the reason why the river is so wild this spring. Here, take this. It will do a better job keeping you dry than this tree here." The bird on Delwyn's antlers thought the same; cawing angrily when an especially big drop landed on top of him, he shook out his feathers and fluttered back to Seth, climbing inside the hood of his cape to hide from the rain, causing Seth to shiver. He muttered softly at the bird, trying to sound serious. "I told you, Jack, it's cold when you do that..."
The halfborn nodded when Delwyn suggested they look for shelter. "That's probably a good idea. Should we wait for your companion first?" He glanced in the direction of the river. "It's probably not much drier over there; I think he should be back soon."

----------

Enda chuckled softly when the halfborn refused her invitation, barely audible over the sound of the river and the rain. When he mentioned his friend, the girl raised her voice slightly so the halfborn could hear her. "Oskar, ain't it? Your companions should be fine as long as they dinnae attack me or Taraen. But you should go to your friend. I'll be here a little longer; this might only be a short shower."

After waiting five minutes, Enda realized that the rain wouldn't be stopping as quickly as she'd hoped. She shivered as she stepped away from her drake's warm flank and back into the rain, clambering onto his back and pulling a hooded cape from one of the packs and wrapping it around herself, pulling the hood almost over her eyes. She chuckled when she saw a pair of tiny horns sticking out from one of the packs; Lonn, the little Rune, had hidden himself among the wood carvings in order to escape the rain.
"Let's go, Taraen." She jumped back down from the great drake's back, quickly regaining her balance when she almost slipped on the wet rocks of the riverbank, and made her way up the hill in the direction that she'd seen the halfborn go. Her bonded drake followed close behind, towering over her; there was no doubt that everyone would see the drake before they even noticed the young woman walking in front of him.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Companion to Kerf the Incense Elkrin
    Caratacus the Golden Humming Bumble
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    When she found nothing worth eating on Seth, Burnie heaved a sigh. She glanced back at Delwyn and was amused to see Seth's bird sitting on Delwyn's head, the Elvian smiling up at him. The elkrin doe reached out to poke the bird with her nose curiously.

Delwyn was shocked and delighted when the man handed him a cloak. He accepted it gratefully, running his hands through the material. “Oh! Thank you, sir!” Instead of donning it himself, Delwyn dashed over to their packs on the ground by the tree truck and rummaged in them, earning curious glances from all around. He emerged with a rope and hurried back to Burnie's side. He spread Seth's cloak over Burnie's back, securing it with the rope, so that the elkrin was protected from the rain. “That's so very thoughtful of you, sir – this damp climate is no place for a fine elder lady like Burnie to be without a coat.” Burnie licked Delwyn's cheek, and Kerf gave a derisive snort. If his face had been uncovered it was very likely one would have seen the buck roll his eyes. Delwyn patted his two elkrin, Burnie looking quiet snug beneath Seth's cloak. Meanwhile the elvian shivered in the cold, yet he didn't seem to think of cowering beneath a cloak himself.

“I would not want to keep you waiting in this weather,” Delwyn said as he glanced back the way Oskar had gone, torn between finding shelter for Burnie and Kerf, and waiting for his halfborn friend.

When she mentioned that his travel-mates should be fine as long as they didn't attack Oskar was tempted to say, 'You don't know my companions...' Instead he bit his cheek, and nodded. He prayed this was not a bad idea. Looking for Caratacus, he found the humming bumble sheltering under his shirt collar. He shrugged, and turned on his heel, heading back the way he'd come at an easy pace, mindful of each step. The rocks were slick with rain and river water, and Oskar slipped a few times, but was easily able to catch himself and carry on.

The sky overhead grew ominous, roiling like some vile witch's brew. Oskar was grateful when he left the rocks and found more solid ground beneath his feet. He paused to give himself a good shake, and the humming bumble made a frenzied squeaking. “Sorry, Caratacus – I forgot you were here.” He started up the tiny hillock.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:33 am

((Sorry for the extremely late reply... the headache did not seem very keen to let me write. >.> But, here it is! And the headache seems to be gone. *quickly knocks on wood*))

Seth blinked with mild confusion when the Elvian fastened the cloak not around his own shoulders, but over the back of the female elkrin. He said nothing, though; it was not his business if Delwyn chose to protect the doe from the rain rather than keep himself somewhat dry. The Avian halfborn chuckled softly when Delwyn thanked him, wondering if he should tell the Elf that the elkrin's fur was just as good - if not even better - at protecting her from the rain and cold as any coat, but decided against it. "You're welcome" was all he said, an expression of bemusement on his face.

"If your friend knows the area as well as you say he does, he should not have too much trouble finding us if we seek shelter." Seth glanced over in the direction of the river, noticing how close by it seemed to be, and then surveyed the rest of their surroundings. "Besides, he can't be that far away. We're bound to leave tracks - he could follow those. And..." He pointed at a jagged rock face nearby, not far from the river, which seemed to have formed several overhanging structures. "That seems to be the single logical place to seek shelter." After all, it's not like any of those meagre, spring-leafed trees is going to provide much more shelter than the one we're under...
The sleipnir seemed to agree with Seth's idea of shelter: the sleipnir had already noticed the rocky overhangs and had started off in that direction, the jackalope - which was no longer asleep - still on its back. Daizen paused for a moment to look back at his 'human' with an expression that told Seth that either he was going to come along, or Dai would go and find shelter by himself. He sighed.
"You should come with us - wouldn't want you to catch a cold. Oh, and mind you... I do want that cloak back later," he said, before going after his animal companions.

----------

The great drake was surprisingly quiet as he followed his bonded up the rocky riverbank and onto the slightly-less-slippery wet grass and soil of the hillock. At the top, the girl paused for just a moment, glancing up at the sky. It definitely didn't look like the rain was going to stop anytime soon. If anything, it looked like it was going to get even worse...

A little distance ahead of her, she spotted the silhouette of the man she'd met earlier. Upon seeing him, Enda set off in his direction, walking a little faster now that she knew which way she should go.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Mon May 02, 2016 10:04 pm

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    The Elvian heaved a sigh. “You are right. Even with a coat Burnie and Kerf are bound to catch something standing out in this temperamental weather.” Delwyn followed Seth's point to the rocks and nodded. The rain had already soaked his hair and shoulders, and his long ears drooped under the weight of water. “Thank you - I appreciate the hospitality! And the cloak,” he added hastily, “shall be returned – if Burnie can be persuaded to part with it.” The Elvian waved his hands at the man. “I jest – I jest!” He pulled on Burnie and Kerf's leads. The buck stood fast and didn't budge. With some gentle coaxing on Delwyn and Burnie's part they finally got the big stag moving forward toward the rocks.

Delwyn's feet sunk several inches into the rich moss with every step, squelching loudly. The Elvian was unused to the boggy ground, and his natural elegance seemed to evaporate as his footing sunk and slipped out from under him. Burnie let out a low whistle of laughter – Delwyn looked like a fawn taking it's first steps. The Elvian shook water droplets from his hair. The patter of rain was usually a reassuring sound to the Elkrin, but today it seemed far too lonely. He had to fill the empty spaces between the drops with sound of some sort, to still his overanxious heart. “Have you met many humans – oh, what am I saying, of course you have!” Delwyn chattered away at Seth as he pulled his Elkrin along. “I haven't met many, but every one I meet seems to be very different from the last. Have you done much traveling? What places have you been to before?” His mind was still rampant with curiosity about blood bonding, but he recognized it may not be the best subject to bring up again. He would ask Oskar about it later - he knew more about human customs and manners then Delwyn did.

Oskar looked down at the road and cursed. “Where'd that walking coat rack wander off too?” he growled. Delwyn seemed to have abandoned the spot he'd left him at. “Did ah not say he would do this? Did ah not say exactly this?!” The little humming bumble shrugged his wings noncommittally, though Oskar hadn't appeared to be asking him. Oskar glared up at the sky. Evidently, old Stormy was not quiet done with them yet. The rain seemed to be getting worse. Water was coursing down his back and making him shiver. Fantastic.

With a groan, Oskar glanced over his shoulder at the approaching rider and her drake. “Seems my companion has wandered off. Again. He turned to face Enda and crossed his arms, flattening his ears against the beating rain. “The faster we find him, the faster we can be off on our way -” and the faster I can be rid of you, he thought but didn't say aloud. “C'mon. He can't have gotten far.” He started down when a thought entered his head.

“Caratacus... Caratacus!” He snatched at the little bird, but the humming bumble had burrowed under his collar completely now. Oskar lifted the hem of his tunic, and tried to fish him out, but the bird slid away from his grip.“Get – out – of – there!” Oskar growled as he spun in a circle trying to pin the little bulge wriggling in his shirt. Another few tight spins, and a violent shake of the sleeve later, the bird tumbled out into his palm. The halfborn huffed and glared. “Caratacus, can you lead us to whereever Delwyn's gone off to?” The soggy bird just blinked and ruffled his wet feathers in an affronted manner. Oskar gave a grunt.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Corinesse » Mon May 02, 2016 10:25 pm

(planning on joining, but I'll make my introductory post/links later when I'm not about to collapse from exhaustion and pain :3)
Corinesse

Postby Scyanatha » Wed May 04, 2016 7:57 am

((You're very welcome to join, Cori! It should be interesting~ Feel better soon!))

The half-Avian rolled his eyes. This guy... are those deer all he cares about? I'm surprised he's even made it this far, with how little he worries about his own health. Still, he followed the sleipnir, keeping his back turned to the Elvian and his elkrin as he carefully picked his way across the slippery grass.

Seth groaned when he felt his feet sink in the boggy ground. The grass and moss had made it look solid enough, but that clearly wasn't the case. Even for Daizen it was slow going, each of his eight hooves making a squelching sound with every step, and it was obvious that the jackalope was only too happy to stay on the sleipnir's back. He realized this would make it difficult for Delwyn's companion to follow them: not only was the rain washing away all scents, but on the boggy ground, they left no tracks at all. He smiled to himself when Delwyn asked him even more questions - the Elvian's curiosity seemed insatiable.
"Of course - I grew up among humans, after all. But this is my first journey away from the land where I grew up. I went to the Oriental Isles, then to Silverport, and now I'm here. I might go to the Northern Kingdom before I head for Alabaster, and perhaps visit Darak'i on the way back." Seth paused for a moment, and then looked back at Delwyn. "What about you? Am I right if I say you haven't traveled at all until now?" For a moment, Seth wondered if his eyes betrayed him - the silhouette of a gigantic creature seemed just barely visible through the rain, right next to the tree they were at earlier... No, that can't be. There are no wild drakes in this area. Unless... Seth turned to the Elf.
"Delwyn, right? What does your companion actually look like? Does he have any creatures with him?"

----------

Enda nodded when Oskar told her to follow him, and started to follow him, only to stop before she had even taken two steps. She raised a brow as she watched the halfborn reach for something under his shirt, then spin in circles like a dire chasing his tails - at which point she could only barely keep from laughing - and finally shake the tiny bird out of his sleeve. When she heard what Oskar asked of the humming-bumble, she chuckled softly.
"Wet feathers make for bad flying, don't you know? As for me and Taraen... it looks like a thunderstorm might be coming. I'm not going to risk it - and he'd just refuse to take off if I did try. Nothing likes to fly when it rains - except Gerdyn himself."

The rain did not let her see much; greenish-grey silhouettes against a grey sky was all she could see of their surroundings. She remembered a few features of the land though - she'd flown over it earlier, and had noticed a place that looked like it might provide shelter.
"Sir? I don't know much about your companion, but when I flew over this area before I saw something like a rock wall roughly in that direction. It looked like it could provide some shelter. Maybe that's where they went?" She waved an arm in the direction she thought this rock formation might be, although she wasn't exactly sure now that the rain would not let her see clearly for much further than the tip of her drake's tail.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Corinesse » Wed May 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Character: Iris Weri|Wolfkin
Companion: Regina|Sleipnir
Bond: Derin|Dire Wolf
Iris's face is emotionless as she rides down the path, wind weaving around her and the sound of the river filling her ears. She hears the soft footsteps of Derin running behind her as she and Regina gallop along. Her saddlebags jingle with the little things she has stolen from random citizens on her journey, but also with her array of knives and some baubles. The soft squelch of mud becomes audible as they run, and Iris frowns, knowing something must be up. She brushes it off, just thinking that there was a light drizzle earlier. Voices drift from somewhere and Iris slows Regina, confused. Whats with all the conversation? she wonders, the voices becoming louder. Her jaw drops when the river fully comes into view. Iris curses under her breath and slows Regina to a halt. Out of the corner of her eye she sees Derin catch up with them and he says to her mind, "Bit of a setback eh?" Iris rolls her white eyes as she brushes a bug from her face and nudges Regina forward to a walk, seeing the a small group of people. She quickly slips her hand into one of the saddle bags and pulls out a dagger, hiding it in her sleeve. She buckles the bag and wipes her face of any emotion that could've been there as she nears the group of people.
Last edited by Corinesse on Sat May 07, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corinesse

Postby Silverhart » Fri May 06, 2016 12:14 am

(Yessss! More people joining in! ^^ I wasn't sure if Iris was closer to Oskar and Edna, or Delwyn and Seth, but I figured Oskar and Edna were closer to the river.)

Delwyn Szarvas | Elvian
    Tags:
    Scyanatha | Seth Corvus
    The Oriental Isles – Silverport! What exotic places this stranger had been! Well, exotic to Delwyn at least. Delwyn found himself delightfully envious of this worldly companion. At Seth's query he straightened up proudly. “I've been traveling with Oskar for -” he paused to count up the seasons. Had it really been that long? It felt much less. He must have miscounted. The seasons outside his forest were somewhat different. Protected by Mythandian his home kingdom enjoyed bountiful, seemingly endless summers, and mild winters that passed by like fleeting dreams. His whole recollection of his home felt like dreams now. Perhaps... he had been gone for a long time... “Well, I can't remember exactly how long. But, no, I am not a seasoned traveler – at least among your kind. Among my own I'm sure I'd be considered quite the adventurer!” Delwyn beamed, thinking on how his old friends would be impressed with his globetrotting. “Oskar... doesn't care much for big cities. We mostly stick to the countryside. I would love to see Alabaster some day – or the Oriental Isles - and the ocean!” He'd never seen an ocean, or even a large lake in his life - the idea of endless water seemed an impossibility to him. His excitement was stalled by Seth's next question.

“Aye. You mean Oskar? Well – he's about yea tall -” Delwyn flapped his hand in vague manner that gave no real indication of height. “He has thick woolly hair the color of burnt umber, and these adorable little ears...” little compared to Delwyn's at least. “And he tends to have a … a rather...” The Elvian searched for a phrase. “A... scruffy sort of look. And he's alone at the moment, except for... Caratacus!” Delwyn remembered with a start that he'd sent the humming bumble off to find him. “Oh dear...” He looked up at the rain. “I'd hate for him to be flying in this weather...” he muttered.

The halfborn's ears twitched as he heard the barely suppressed laughter in the girl's voice. Oskar blushed and glared at the same time. He wasn't used to being laughed at. "Hmph." I know that. He hadn't. Oskar shrugged.“Don't think it's all that bad,” he muttered as the wind picked up. It was that bad, he admitted to himself immediately afterward. Great Ancient of Wilds – this girl must think him an idiot. Not that he cared much for what she thought – he'd hopefully be rid of her in a day or two.

Did she just call me 'Sir'? Oskar blinked rain out of his eyes in surprise. He couldn't remember anyone calling him 'sir'. It was an honorific one didn't typically extend to halfborns – or if they did, never to him. He was more likely to be called by insults or belittling terms. He was taken aback by this odd show of respect, and found he had nothing to say. Girl was probably raised to be too polite for her own good. He nodded absentmindedly as she waved toward the rock wall.

It was then a sound caught his ear, and he quickly forgot her words. He turned to see a figure on sleipnirback approaching them. A dire wolf trotted alongside. Oskar eyed them warily, his ears laying back flat in suspicion. Caratacus gave a peep of welcome, and Oskar covered the bird with his hand. He lifted the humming bumble back up to his shoulder, where the little creature huddled against his neck for warmth.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Sat May 07, 2016 10:34 am

((Sorry for short post; typed this on my phone, while on the train. >.<
Also, Oskar and Enda are definitely closer to both road and river, lol.))

Seth nodded when Delwyn answered him, not too concerned until Delwin mentioned 'flying'. "Flying? What kind of creature is this Caratacus?"
Seth looked up from the damp ground, checking if they'd made any progress, and noticed they had almost reached the shelter of the overhanging rock wall. The rain was still pouring down; he'd be glad to be somewhere dry. Looks like we have almost reached our destination. He chuckled softly to himself.

The space underneath the overhanging rock turned out to be big enough for all of them, including the sleipnir and elkrin. There even was a small, shallow cave where someone - perhaps another traveler - had left a small stash of firewood, which Seth decided not to use. When the half-Avian finished inspecting their shelter, he walked back to Delwyn.
"No one here. We have the place all to ourselves. I hope your friend finds us soon; it looks like the rain isn't gonna stop anytime soon."

----------

"Shall w- oh." Enda stopped as soon as she saw the wolfkin who was riding towards them on a sleipnir. She couldn't help but feel slightly uneasy when she saw the wolfkin's emotionless face. Taraen hissed softly, the great drake crawling closer to her until his head was directly above the red-haired girl.
Pulling her cape closer around her, Enda watches quietly as the wolfkin, sleipnir and dire wolf approach their little group. She wished it wasn't raining so hard; she'd rather mount Taraen and take off, even if just to scout the area to find Oskar's friend.

When the stranger and her creatures were close enough, she made herself smile to greet the wolfkin. "Hello there!" If she's a bandit or thief, she's going to regret trying to rob us.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Corinesse » Sat May 07, 2016 10:27 pm

Character: Iris Weri|Wolfkin
Companion: Regina|Sleipnir
Bond: Derin|Dire Wolf
Tags- Edna, Oskar
Iris scans her eyes over the small group, and says in a tense monotone, "Hello to you to". She shifts her wrist the tiniest bit, making her dagger more accessible as she halts in front of the group. "The names Iris Weri" she adds on, seeing strength in the girl and the man is hard to read. Her ears twitch as she argues with herself on dismounting Regina or not. The rain patters against the back of her traveling cloak, and Iris frowns, wiping water from her brow.

Derin yips quietly, padding up next to the travelers and sniffing them. "Seems fine" he says to Iris's mind, stepping back a sitting next to Regina.

(pardon the sad responses, in NYC currently)
Corinesse

PreviousNext

Return to Eldemore-Based RP's