Depth Striders(Merfolk\human RP) New! Need people

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

Re: Depth Striders(Merfolk\human RP) New! Need people

Postby TheDragonfly » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:36 am

You're welcome! Thank you for accepting! Yes, that would be awesome! Would you like to start?
TheDragonfly

Postby Caster_HD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:56 pm

(yah also before I add you & Skye up the the character count board could you guys specify what species you are or if your human? Oh also so you guys get a feel for the scenery I was thinking it was a island, maybe like hawaii ish that they live around or on)

Aither Tyde
The coral cove he and a small group of depth striders lived in was vivid with life today. Mer's swam to and fro after he had shared his news that humans had wanted to come interview and visit with them. He just smiled as the spread the news to others silently praying that nothing bad came ot if this visit as it had when he'd first visited the surface. With his knowledge over the thousands of years he'd been alive he had right to worry...this was only the second time humans had made contact with them since they'd been discovered. He dare not ruin his tribes joy just slid silently away, his pale form disappearing into a hollow coral cave, most times it was used as a meeting place but for now it was empty. Sighing in relief he settled down in he shadows letting them cool his skin after being up in the sun for most of the day.
Nyx Tyde
Darkness clung to his shadowy form his long black tail stirring up dust as his moved through the depths. Few abyss walkers dared go to close as he swam by. His companions, two albino eels by the names of Fenrir and Loki followed close on either side of him.
" I'm going to the surface boys stay here." He warned turning to pet each of them before disappearing up into the faint light they could see above them that was the depth striders territory.
Nyx went hurriedly unseen by any others that he passed as his appearance was a dead give away that he was what these light dwellers would call 'evil'.
"Hey you!" He heard a tiny voice call.
He fixed his red eyes on the small form of a mer child who stuck his tongue out at him.
" You're one of the bad people! Get him!" More children from the rocks above pelted him with rocks and empty shells laughing as one left a cut down his cheek.
He growled and slightly chased after the one who had yelled at him sending him screaming back to his parents.
"Little wuss.." he muttered avoiding the other kids as he dashed to his destination breaking the surface with a gasp.
Changing human halfway to the shore he stood on shaky legs thankfully wearing black swim shorts. Up here he just looked like a normal teenage boy going through his punk rock phase as his hair was shaved on one side. He wiped at the bleeding cut self-consciously as he walked up the beach hoping the few humans here wouldn't approch him his eyes, now dark brown instead of red still glanced around cautiously.
Lysander Rune
The horse galloped quickly under him as his mallet hit another cricket ball towards its goal.
"I win!" He exclaimed the other players rolling there eyes secretly since they had been told to let the rich boy win.
Ly basked in the glory of winning for the moment before trotting over to his father who looked like he wanted speak but was interuppted,
"I'm taking Charles out across the sands I'll be back soon." Tossing him his helmet he raced off the white Sted under him kicking up sand as he went across there private beach.
"Woohoo!" He exclaimed gripping the reigns to stop as he gazed across the vast ocean before him.
He shuddered seeing few mer's breach the surface far out.
"Strange creatures.." He muttered disliking them although his father called them a breakthrough in evolution.
Hazel Ren
Humming lightly she kicked her legs over the docks edge enjoying the warm day. Her golden hair flowed behind her as a slight wind blowed by. She saw a couple people out in the water swimming around and watched as they played with their families wishing her own could join her.

(Sorry for Hazel's short post my carpal tunnel was acting up so I couldn't write much more...)
ImageImageImageImage

Follow me Guys!
DeviantArt: UnicornNinjaSloth
Flightrising: CasterHD
Eldemore :Caster_HD
If you wanna RP on discord don't be afraid to hit me up!
PM me for my username if you're interested!

--------> Mirik Davolous, my favorite OC I've made so far
Caster_HD

Postby Skye Campbell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:29 pm

Caster wrote:(yah also before I add you & Skye up the the character count board could you guys specify what species you are or if your human? Oh also so you guys get a feel for the scenery I was thinking it was a island, maybe like hawaii ish that they live around or on)

Aither Tyde
The coral cove he and a small group of depth striders lived in was vivid with life today. Mer's swam to and fro after he had shared his news that humans had wanted to come interview and visit with them. He just smiled as the spread the news to others silently praying that nothing bad came ot if this visit as it had when he'd first visited the surface. With his knowledge over the thousands of years he'd been alive he had right to worry...this was only the second time humans had made contact with them since they'd been discovered. He dare not ruin his tribes joy just slid silently away, his pale form disappearing into a hollow coral cave, most times it was used as a meeting place but for now it was empty. Sighing in relief he settled down in he shadows letting them cool his skin after being up in the sun for most of the day.
Nyx Tyde
Darkness clung to his shadowy form his long black tail stirring up dust as his moved through the depths. Few abyss walkers dared go to close as he swam by. His companions, two albino eels by the names of Fenrir and Loki followed close on either side of him.
" I'm going to the surface boys stay here." He warned turning to pet each of them before disappearing up into the faint light they could see above them that was the depth striders territory.
Nyx went hurriedly unseen by any others that he passed as his appearance was a dead give away that he was what these light dwellers would call 'evil'.
"Hey you!" He heard a tiny voice call.
He fixed his red eyes on the small form of a mer child who stuck his tongue out at him.
" You're one of the bad people! Get him!" More children from the rocks above pelted him with rocks and empty shells laughing as one left a cut down his cheek.
He growled and slightly chased after the one who had yelled at him sending him screaming back to his parents.
"Little wuss.." he muttered avoiding the other kids as he dashed to his destination breaking the surface with a gasp.
Changing human halfway to the shore he stood on shaky legs thankfully wearing black swim shorts. Up here he just looked like a normal teenage boy going through his punk rock phase as his hair was shaved on one side. He wiped at the bleeding cut self-consciously as he walked up the beach hoping the few humans here wouldn't approch him his eyes, now dark brown instead of red still glanced around cautiously.
Lysander Rune
The horse galloped quickly under him as his mallet hit another cricket ball towards its goal.
"I win!" He exclaimed the other players rolling there eyes secretly since they had been told to let the rich boy win.
Ly basked in the glory of winning for the moment before trotting over to his father who looked like he wanted speak but was interuppted,
"I'm taking Charles out across the sands I'll be back soon." Tossing him his helmet he raced off the white Sted under him kicking up sand as he went across there private beach.
"Woohoo!" He exclaimed gripping the reigns to stop as he gazed across the vast ocean before him.
He shuddered seeing few mer's breach the surface far out.
"Strange creatures.." He muttered disliking them although his father called them a breakthrough in evolution.
Hazel Ren
Humming lightly she kicked her legs over the docks edge enjoying the warm day. Her golden hair flowed behind her as a slight wind blowed by. She saw a couple people out in the water swimming around and watched as they played with their families wishing her own could join her.

(Sorry for Hazel's short post my carpal tunnel was acting up so I couldn't write much more...)

(Eden looks human but when in the water she has the traits of a mermaids, but her legs don't turn into a tail)
Skye Campbell

Postby TheDragonfly » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:04 pm

(Of course! Annabelle is human. Sorry kept getting distracted or else I would have replied a long time ago.)

Annabelle Turnball

The discovery of the Merfolk is still pretty new but with living on an island, you would think the humans would be used to them by now. Letting out a lamented sigh as her blue eyes scan across the quiet waters. The Merfolk have a much easier life in the water, why would they even want to have anything to do with such destructive creatures? Returning her gaze to her self given task of cleaning up the beach. An old duffel bag sits on the sand filled with all sorts of trash. Using the duffel bag as a homing point to spread out and pick up trash. If it isn't obvious enough, she was raised to being a goody two shoes. Outcast by the kids when she was in school as being teacher's pet and henceforth she put more distance between herself and the others. If they only cared about the planet they live on as much as she does.

Again her attention is dragged away from her task to stare back out at the ocean. Wishing even in the slightest that there were some way she could be changed to being a Merfolk. Of course if that is a possibility, they haven't shared that information yet. Watching as a young man appearing to be around her age walks out of the water. Narrowing her eyes in confusion, she hasn't seen him around on this beach before. Noticing that he is completely soaked and seems to have come from the ocean itself she can only assume that he is Merfolk. In her distracted state she picks up a broken glass bottle accidentally slicing her palm open. Wincing in pain she drops the broken glass into the open duffel bag. Unzipping a side pocket she pulls out gauze, immediately wrapping her hand. Of course her hands are covered in little white scars from constantly accidentally cutting them on broken glass.

The young man around her age doesn't seem to notice her as he walks away from the water and basically straight towards her. Of course that is the gist of her life anyways. As he gets closer she spots the blood welling up on his cheek along with the smear across his face. Shoving the rest of the gauze into the pocket she then pulls out a decently sized band aid.

Offering out said band aid after standing up,"Here, looks like you need it more than I do."
TheDragonfly

Postby Caster_HD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:33 pm

(( Thanks dragonfly and oh yah sorry Skye I completely spaced you said that on your form))
Nyx Tyde
A girl was...talking to him? And in a friendly tone at that. The look of confusion on his face quickly cleared away as he adjusted the language he was using to english.
"T-thanks.." He knew it would probably come off after a hour back in the water anyways but he took the bandage from her and carefully applied it to his face.
He looked at her hang quizzically noticing she was hurt to.
" You to are hurt?" His words sounded strange to his ears not muffled by water so he spoke carefully not sure if he was saying things right.
His cheeks grew a bit flustered at that thought realizing he was embarrassing himself in front of he first kind human he'd met.
ImageImageImageImage

Follow me Guys!

Caster_HD

Postby Skye Campbell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:44 pm

TheDragonfly wrote:(Of course! Annabelle is human. Sorry kept getting distracted or else I would have replied a long time ago.)

Annabelle Turnball

The discovery of the Merfolk is still pretty new but with living on an island, you would think the humans would be used to them by now. Letting out a lamented sigh as her blue eyes scan across the quiet waters. The Merfolk have a much easier life in the water, why would they even want to have anything to do with such destructive creatures? Returning her gaze to her self given task of cleaning up the beach. An old duffel bag sits on the sand filled with all sorts of trash. Using the duffel bag as a homing point to spread out and pick up trash. If it isn't obvious enough, she was raised to being a goody two shoes. Outcast by the kids when she was in school as being teacher's pet and henceforth she put more distance between herself and the others. If they only cared about the planet they live on as much as she does.

Again her attention is dragged away from her task to stare back out at the ocean. Wishing even in the slightest that there were some way she could be changed to being a Merfolk. Of course if that is a possibility, they haven't shared that information yet. Watching as a young man appearing to be around her age walks out of the water. Narrowing her eyes in confusion, she hasn't seen him around on this beach before. Noticing that he is completely soaked and seems to have come from the ocean itself she can only assume that he is Merfolk. In her distracted state she picks up a broken glass bottle accidentally slicing her palm open. Wincing in pain she drops the broken glass into the open duffel bag. Unzipping a side pocket she pulls out gauze, immediately wrapping her hand. Of course her hands are covered in little white scars from constantly accidentally cutting them on broken glass.

The young man around her age doesn't seem to notice her as he walks away from the water and basically straight towards her. Of course that is the gist of her life anyways. As he gets closer she spots the blood welling up on his cheek along with the smear across his face. Shoving the rest of the gauze into the pocket she then pulls out a decently sized band aid.

Offering out said band aid after standing up,"Here, looks like you need it more than I do."

Caster wrote:(( Thanks dragonfly and oh yah sorry Skye I completely spaced you said that on your form))
Nyx Tyde
A girl was...talking to him? And in a friendly tone at that. The look of confusion on his face quickly cleared away as he adjusted the language he was using to english.
"T-thanks.." He knew it would probably come off after a hour back in the water anyways but he took the bandage from her and carefully applied it to his face.
He looked at her hang quizzically noticing she was hurt to.
" You to are hurt?" His words sounded strange to his ears not muffled by water so he spoke carefully not sure if he was saying things right.
His cheeks grew a bit flustered at that thought realizing he was embarrassing himself in front of he first kind human he'd met.

Eden walked down to the beach with her surfboard, she watched the waves with a smile on her face, walking into the water she placed the board on top of it then started paddling out, once she reached deeper water she moved to sit on her board, looking back at the shore she saw Nyx and what she could guess was a human girl, she tilted her head curiously at the interaction between the two.
Skye Campbell

Postby Caster_HD » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:56 pm

Aither Tyde
Through in the coral cave he saw the silhouette if a surfer drift by followed by the familiar scent of one of his own. He only knew one mer who was able to retain there human form. " Swimming up to the surface the green haired male popped up a few feet from Eden wth a smile.
" Ey Eden you finally came back for a swim." He didn't bother masking his tail to appear human this far out knowing only she would see him.
ImageImageImageImage

Follow me Guys!

Caster_HD

Postby TheDragonfly » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:04 pm

(You're welcome!)

Annabelle Turnball

"Oh...umm, this? It's nothing. Happens all of the time." She looks down at her gauze wrapped palm before looking back up at him with a sheepish smile. A measly price to pay for slowly saving the earth from humans. Catching the strange accent that Merfolk have when speaking english, her assumptions are correct. The sheepish smile disappears almost as quick as it came, her blue eyes narrow.

"Why would you even want to come to the surface? Most of the human race are savages! Trashing everything, not giving a care about the fact that they are destroying the planet we live on. They have no care about the other species that live here as well. If I were a Merfolk I would stay in the water well away from such creatures." With a huff she turns on her heel, medium length black hair flying off of her shoulders from the inertia. Grabbing the duffel bag the young woman storms off to pick up trash elsewhere. Sand being kicked up by her hurried movements, leaving a wake of disturbed sand ever

She has gotten to the point where she pushes away everyone even unintentionally, forming a bad habit. Something that she doesn't even realize that she is doing until it is too late. She shouldn't have stormed off like she had. Having had aggravated herself into a frenzy when she had many questions to ask him. Releasing a deep exhale Annabelle sets the duffel bag down again and begins to clean up in the surrounding area. She had messed things up again.
TheDragonfly

Postby Skye Campbell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:08 pm

Caster wrote:
Aither Tyde
Through in the coral cave he saw the silhouette if a surfer drift by followed by the familiar scent of one of his own. He only knew one mer who was able to retain there human form. " Swimming up to the surface the green haired male popped up a few feet from Eden wth a smile.
" Ey Eden you finally came back for a swim." He didn't bother masking his tail to appear human this far out knowing only she would see him.

"Hey Aither, yeah, I been on land for far too long, My friend decided to bail, now I get to be her little sister's guardian, she's 14, You know how awful I was at 14. Anyways, pardon my rant, how are you doing?" Eden asked, she regretted not coming out much, and it made her kinda temperamental when on dry land for too long.
Skye Campbell

Postby Skye Campbell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Username: Skye Campbell
Full Name: Penny Chadwick
Side: Good
Orientation: Straight
Personality: Stubborn, Rebellious, has Abandonment Issues
Dislikes: School
History: (Optional)
Family: Anne Marie (Sister), Eden (Guardian)
Crush/Relationship: None
~Other things you may want to know~
Skye Campbell

PreviousNext

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's