~Beaugro~ |Elemental Role Play| Semi-Lit

Post role plays centered around humanoid/human characters. Can be original or based off of movies, books, games, etc.

Re: ~Beaugro~ |Elemental Role Play| Semi-Lit

Postby Oriel » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:07 pm

♋
Jack 'Gale' Keystone
Wind Elemental
First Commander
♋
"The water mage wants them," Gale said. "She sent Ren for some reason I can't fathom. The rest of us are here as fighters and support. We expect these artifacts, objects, whatever they are -- to be guarded."

He still wasn't sure he believed what else the mage had told them about a 'great evil' to be defeated. Bad enough they were losing good men to the war and citizens to the marketplace bombings in the capital. As first commander he had to believe more in the mission and in the possibility of victory rather than stalemate.

"I don't know any more about it than that," he said. "But, if it means anything, you have my word as first commander that I will not allow them to be used for the wholesale slaughter of your tribe -- or any other."

How good it was to be able to say those words and to believe, in some small measure, that they had a chance of happening! Gale did not like to think about what a hash even his own father had made of the codes of war. He'd made his own difficult choices, but he had no doubt that much of the killing he'd witnessed had been murder rather than warfare.

He glanced at Taliu. "You can have your weapons back when Anita thinks you're ready. I can't be watching for arrows from my own camp."
Oriel

Postby 1.21 gigawatts » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:56 am

Anita Belle Gunthner
Anita turned to look at Gale as he spoke, arms still crossed. He didn't fill her in as much as she was hoping, but his promise somehow convinced Anita it wouldn't end up bad for the shifters. The elemental seemed to have a sincere and comforting way of speaking and she almost believed him. She wanted to believe him. There was only one option though.
"Very well," she replied. "I will help you find these items only if you swear not to harm any of the shifters." If she didn't agree, the elementals would not stop until they found another poor feline soul to guide them in their journey and she wouldn't achieve the cure, but if she joined, she could watch them carefully, making sure they don't pull anything stupid and go against their word.
Hearing Tailu's question, Anita looked at him, her face full of bewilderment. "No." She stated after Gale replied to him. Was he ever going to give up with his weapons? It had only been a few minutes since he last attacked them and he was already thinking he was ready to get his weapons back? Anita wasn't going to give them back anytime soon. She really hoped he would stop asking as well.
1.21 gigawatts

Postby Oriel » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:26 am

♋
Jack 'Gale' Keystone
Wind Elemental
First Commander
♋
"I, Gale Keystone, swear that in the eyes of the spirits I shall not be the one to use these weapons for the enslavement of shifters," he said. "I can't promise not to defend myself or the Kingdom, but my word is good enough for most of those under my command. I will prevent what I can -- even give people time to flee, if it comes to that."

Let Ren say what he liked about the sentiment. It was close to unworthy of a military commander to swear to those terms, but he understood what Anita meant and what it might cost him to keep that oath. He wasn't sure why he believed that she wasn't responsible for the bombings, or that she wasn't asking him to bind himself so tightly that he'd be no use to the army. Still, she looked at him as if she trusted that his word could be enough of a guarantee.

Being a soldier left him unsuited to diplomacy, that quickstep between what could be had for free and what must be extracted for a price. He could see only what must be done in order to reach the best of the paths that forked before them, twisting off into possibilities that he could guess but not quite define.

Gale looked once at Shahar, looked away, and wondered what she must think of his oath. Anita would value the weight of it, he thought, and it made a beginning from which to build. If he believed even a part of what Aqua Sky had implied about their journey then they would need to protect each other in order to survive.
Last edited by Oriel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oriel

Postby DragonWill » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:42 am

Taliu sighed. Good, they were not going to use the weapons to capture other shifters. He still wanted his bow back. He felt awkward without it... He decided to stay even if he did get his bow back. "What are you planning on using the weapons on, then? And what sort of weapons are they?" Taliu still wanted to know about what they were planning. Then he could stop them, if he had to.
Doing multiple Role Plays at once is like holding a pile of burning rocks. You toss them up in the air, but you have to hold a few at a time. When you manage to get them all in the air at once, you relax. Then you get pelted with burning stones...
My Adoptables!

I am going to be away with minimal online time for July 9-27 and no online time July 30- August 15. Don't kick me out of RPs please!

DragonWill

Postby Manx » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:00 pm

{Listening quietly as the others conversed, Shahar absentmindedly picked at her food. Her gaze raised as Ren displayed the vial of liquid again, confirming her earlier thoughts. She had to admit that she was just as curious as to the use of these weapons. Gale and Ren had spoken relatively little of their purpose, other than in the broadest, most mystifying of ways. Thus far she had followed on faith, although curiosity continued to burn in her mind. Information itself was a weapon, she knew, and Shahar had few doubts that much of what awaited them was best kept secret from prying ears.

Glancing up when Gale began his oath, Shahar couldn't help but wonder what he was getting himself - getting them all - into. It was honourable, even noble, but his ability to uphold it would likely be tested before this ordeal was over. She agreed that this war had already caused far more bloodshed than it was worth. With the lives of her own parents having been taken by it, she could certainly sympathize with Gale's attempt to minimize the casualties. Meeting Gale's gaze as he glanced her way, Shahar knew she too would work to uphold her first commander's oath, however uneasy his promise made her, to the best of her ability.

Breaking her silence, Shahar addressed elementals and shifters alike. "We should get some rest. Based on today, I highly doubt it is going to be an easy task that awaits us," she began cooly. "Although we are off the road, there is still a chance of our camp being spotted. Given the nature of our group, I think you shall all agree that it would be best not to leave this to chance. We should delegate watches throughout the night, in order to minimize such risks."
Last edited by Manx on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manx

Postby 1.21 gigawatts » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Anita Belle Gunthner
Hearing Gale take his oath, Anita listened to every word he was saying. It made sense that he would include the fact that he would protect his kingdom if the situation called for it. She still believed his oath to keep the shifters safe from the weapons. Even though Anita despised of elementals, she still somehow believed that Gale was truthful.
Afterwards, Anita turned to Ren before looking him up and down. She didn't expect him to take the oath like Gale, but at least she had one elemental on her side. Every word that the female elemental said was taken in by Anita but she didn't take her eyes off of Ren.
After she finished speaking, Anita included her voice. "If you need me, I will be in my tree." With that, Anita shifted into her leopard form, all her and Tailu's weapons disappearing with her human form, right in front of Ren and jumped up at a tree. After climbing it, she found a low hanging branch and laid down, letting her tail dangle off it. She was much larger than the average leopard, making her easily distinguishable from the others. Anita didn't expect to be given a tent and wouldn't accept it if she was. She didn't like confined spaces and preferred sleeping in the open where she could easily spot threats before they attacked. Even in her sleep her ears would wake her to any foreign sounds.
Anita didn't attempt to fall asleep yet. Instead, she stared off into the forest, wondering what it was like in the feline tribe at that moment. How many more people were suffering from the diseases. It pained her to think of it, but if Ren held up to his side of the bargain, the majority of them would be cured within the next week or so.
1.21 gigawatts

Postby DragonWill » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:25 pm

Taliu sighed. Sleep would be good. He glared as his bow was used in the shift. That could be taken as a major insult. They would now smell like cat for weeks as well. He sighed and looked around. Unlike Anita, he would not sleep in a tree. He needed to stay on the ground. But where? He would never be trusted to be by himself in a tent. He was surprised he was not tied to something already. "So, where can I sleep?" He asked, half heartedly.
Doing multiple Role Plays at once is like holding a pile of burning rocks. You toss them up in the air, but you have to hold a few at a time. When you manage to get them all in the air at once, you relax. Then you get pelted with burning stones...
My Adoptables!

I am going to be away with minimal online time for July 9-27 and no online time July 30- August 15. Don't kick me out of RPs please!

DragonWill

Postby Oriel » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

♋
Jack 'Gale' Keystone
Wind Elemental
First Commander
♋
Gale watched Anita disappear into the tree and then pointed out the central tent to Taliu. "Seems you'll have that one to yourself." He'd planned for Shahar and Kim to share quarters in one of the outer shelters while he and Ren occupied the other. This arrangement would keep trained soldiers on the perimeter at all times, with the added benefit that it would also prevent Ren from harassing either of them.

He pointed out one of the perimeter tents to Shahar, "You can share that one with Kim. Ren and I will take the other."

"For the watches--"

Gale hesitated. Each of the soldiers was trained to stand more than a full watch at need, but Kim had made no report of further pursuit. If he took the entirety of the evening and mid watches, he'd be risking his own ability to fight. It was with some measure of guilt that he looked to Shahar again.

"Are you fit to take the first?" he asked.

Though it would have pained him to admit it openly, he needed the sleep if was going to be risking himself more than once. Pragmatic strategy dictated that he swallow his pride rather than pretend to be invincible. A few hours' rest would allow him to recover enough from the morning's ambush to fight as well and as quickly a second time.
Last edited by Oriel on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oriel

Postby DragonWill » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:55 pm

"Wait, I get my own..." Taliu noticed the location. "Alright, why am I in the middle?" Taliu sighed. "You don't trust me? My weapons just got shifted into her fur! What can I do to you now? Snuggle you to death? Strangle you with my giant ears?" He laughed at the prospect. "You are very paranoid." Taliu smiled. "Oh, and desert foxes are most active during the late evening and morning. So, watch your back, or you might find a giant foot long ear around your neck."
My Adoptables!

DragonWill

Postby Redsparrow » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:59 pm

REN-
Ren winced a little when Gale had announced that they would be giving the items to the water mage. Even though no one in the group had been made aware that the weapons they had been sent for were to be delivered to the King, not the water mage, it still made him feel nervous. If word were to reach the King's ear Ren could be tried for treason, a thought that scared and excited him.

The water mage had always been known to be loyal to the shifters, her presence in Beaguro is less willing then many would have been lead to believe. This knowledge left Ren questioning his own motive, he was so willing to give the weapons to her in an attempt to get his fire back. But if the weapons were as powerful as they sounded he must surly be making a mistake by giving them to an enemy. A weight that had been unknowingly lifted off his shoulders was now back, a chocking feeling of questioning were his loyalties lye. He was puzzled about the though, he had never questioned his loyalties in the past, why was he getting the feeling now that he had? Never mind it, he thought brushing the idea form his head.

"Gale, I need to step down to the stream for a moment. I can take the second watch." Ren had noticed what Gale was doing, putting the two of them together would insure Gale the ability to keep an eye on Ren. And more importantly keep the girls in numbers, safe from his reach.

Before going he had shot Gale a look of follow and you will be greeted with the end of my blade. He hoped Gale would do his best to keep everyone away from Ren, he wasn't exactly willing to let other know about his injuries.

He took a winding path to the river, hoping to lose anyone who followed him and walked a little ways down stream before picking a patch to rest. A small waterfall only 5 ft tall had created a little pool of water. Placing the bag down by it he worked to pull out some fresh cloth, ointment and a small metal pot. Walking over to the water's edge he filled the pot and boiled the water to sterilize it. After glancing around one more time to be sure no one had followed he pulled off his shirt and eased off the bandages.

Reza groaned at him. "You should have taken it easier today." The wounds had opened up a bit and Reza worked with a damp cloth at them. "Walk to the stream, the waters is not sterile but it will rinse things out better." Once Ren had eased himself into the water Reza sat across from him.

Ren signed " Reza, the more I remember the less control I have." While the rest had been fighting with the fox, Ren had been playing with the fire. Seeing if he could control little movements with his eyes, he had been noting an increasing lack of fine tuned control the more he remembered.

Reza nodded "Well it makes sense to me, Grim has a spell on you that is blocking your memory. About 8 years off and on is completely gone. I imagine that his magic is all that is keeping your fire element intact at the moment." He said this in a quite tone, he knew that Ren wouldn't want anyone one hearing. "But cheer up, your long lost love is back." Reza was hoping that Anita had followed, that way Ren and her could have some time alone. But he wasn't sure if it was here poking around the bushes or someone else, perhaps even just a wild deer.

Ren looked startled. "My what? Who? Anita, she isn't my long lost love."

Reza chuckled and sat next to Ren giving him a playful shove. "They why do you have a picture of her?" his voice was flirtatious and mocking at the same time.

"I don't remember exactly." He pushed Reza back. Reza caught his hand and playfully pulled him deeper into the water before suddenly throwing his weight onto Ren, pushing them both under. Ren had seen this coming and the two wrestled playfully in the water, drenching everything around them and laughing hard enough that both had to take a break to breath.

"Oh get off you." Ren finally escaped Reza's grasp and scampered onto shore, his pant's sopping wet and threatening to fall off. He had forgotten about the pain and for a moment was happy. "Gale won't like us being gone long and I still need to be wrapped up." His back was to the forest as he pointed to the bandages on the shore. Reza's eyes were just above the water and he blew bubbles in protest at Ren's wishes.
"We are going to die...... That makes us the lucky ones."
Redsparrow

PreviousNext

Return to Human Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's