willowclan - open

Post role plays centered around the fantasy world of animals from books, movies, and games.

willowclan - open

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:42 am

Pandle wrote:
willowclan
you already know it is time to go

☞plot; Nestled amongst malachite forests, malleable grasses, meandering azure rivers and scabrous mountains lay a clan as ancient as the land. Carved into the peninsula mountain's girth and burrowed into time-smoothed logs a harboured weeping willow provides the sanctuary for dens.
But the dainty trickle of the stream shall sound whole no more. Salmon caught from its gurgling depths wholesome no longer. Far below the surface of Yellowstone a danger is awakening. Hot springs are turning toxic, the flora is dying with ominous consequences, prey is poisoned, rivers are boiling. The burning-blood is coming, creeping from the pours of rock, leaking into the territory. It brings agony and flames, it is the bringer of death.
Willowclan's destruction is nigh; today is do or die.

© - of plot goes to Pandle & rose;
    © - Gif was found on tumblr. Posted by this-is-the-[censored for content]-last-goodbye. Does not belong to me.
    © - most coding credited to silversky
Last edited by rose; on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rose;

territory

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am

landscape.

Willowclan's territory is a wonderful mixing pot of things. IT isn't uncommon to see the lumbering giants called buffalo, and the wolves howling at night are an eerie lullaby. It is here that water not only flows down the hills, but shoots from the ground on its own accord, hot enough to very badly burn anyone who it splatters upon. The land is picturesque in the summer- the hills are covered in such green grass it's hard to see any end to it, and the flowers blooming are beyond pretty, all sorts of colors. The rocky part of the foothills the clan lives in is full of crevices though- equally dangerous as rewarding. Prey may be lurking inside of such dark holes, but so may be predators, or a chance to get caught there. Beware. Nothing is as it seems around here.

The summers are ideal- there's more than enough prey to go around, and life is beyond easy. There's prey in the river, the land, and the rocks, and even the sky. The warriors train their apprentices and kits are born, usually healthy, and the wolves aren't as dominant of a threat, although twolegs are around a bit more. when winter comes around, things change. It's when the expression only the strongest survive comes in. Snow falls thick and fast, and prey runs for the hills. The wolves too, come out of their hiding, and become the most fearsome thing in anyone's nightmares. Kits born now aren't likely to survive, and greencough and whitecough are severe threats. The rocks grow icy and the rivers freeze, but things always go on.

The immediate territory includes a variety of landscapes. A small bit of forest is on the edge, supplying different mammals that the mostly flat land that is the majority of the territory. The beginnings of a mountain are rocky and rather dangerous, but are not unable to be navigated. And then there's the river that marks the edge.

camp.

This camp may be situated in a bit of an off place, but it's ideal. The willow tree provides shade in the summer, and the green grass beneath is kept soft due to the roots of the tree keeping most weeds away. The river is right next to the tree, only a few feet away, but it never has flooded the camp. The leader's den is actually in the tree- the massive trunk was long ago carved out by some animal, and has been taken over by the cats now. There is a low hanging, very thick branch that is used as a place to address the clan also. The warriors den is out from under the tree, a few feet away but no more, in the rocks. Two rocks come together to form quite a large crevice, and its been filled with feathers and moss, and it is surprisingly warm in the winter but cool in the summer. The apprentice den is close by, the same concept. The medicine cats den is closer to the river, right past where the willow leaves touch the ground. It's a large badger hole in the bank of the river, now cleared out and shaped to the liking of the clan. Last but not least the elders den is nestled against the nursery- the tree stretches over the top of them, mossy beds made in hollow logs. The training is usually done in the sand on the beach, and most apprentices are even taught to swim.

© - image found on tumblr. Posted by birdonapowerline. Does not belong to me.
    © - Camp post written by rose;.

© - Landscape info was written by rose;
    © - gif was found on tumblr. Posted by nikkisixx822. Does not belong to me.
Last edited by rose; on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

predators and prey

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:45 am

predators & prey

stay away...

â–º coyote [common]
    â–º gray wolf [common]
    â–º badger [common]
    â–º black bear [uncommon]
    â–º brown bear [uncommon]
    â–º red fox [rare]
    â–º bobcat [very rare]
    â–º cougar [very rare]
    â–º lynx [very rare]

be wary...

â–º elk [very common]
    â–º bison [very common]
    â–º mule deer [common]
    â–º porcupine [common]
    â–º big horn sheep [uncommon]
    â–º beaver [uncommon]
    â–º raccoon [rare]
    â–º moose [rare]
    â–º mountain goat [rare]
    â–º pronghorn [rare]

come a little closer...

â–º red squirrel [very common]
    â–º deer mouse [very common]
    â–º meadow vole [very common]
    â–º dusky shrew [common]
    â–º masked shrew [common]
    â–º water shrew [common]
    â–º snowshoe hare [common]
    â–º white-tailed jackrabbit [common]
    â–º mountain cottontail [common]
    â–º least chipmunk [common]
    â–º uinta chipmunk [common]
    â–º yellow pine chipmunk [common]
    â–º golden-mantled ground squirrel [common]
    â–º yellow-bellied marmot [uncommon]
    â–º water vole [uncommon]
    â–º pika [uncommon]
    â–º heather vole [uncommon]
    â–º bushy-tailed wood rat [uncommon]

© - image found on tumblr. Posted by a-bstracto. Does not belong to me.
    © - Prey & Predator post written by silversky. Information found here.
Last edited by rose; on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
rose;

rules

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 am

every clan has it's own set of

rules.

∞ Literacy is key. This role play is relaxed literate. And that means each post must consist of quality, not quantity. We are not looking for you to post half a dozen paragraphs on a bird or to fill it with fluff, but we expect to see writing of quality and worth, although I do expect at least two paragraphs. Please remember this is for fun, not to make your brain ache, there are other places to go for that. Thesaurus' are your friend people.

∞ Drama. Drama is an encourage part of this role-play; yes. But that does not mean crazy unapproved pregnancies and attacks on cats every time they go out. If you have an idea, post it or message me. Also, please don't fight in OOC, not that it should be a problem anyway.

∞ I shouldn't even have to post this, but please no powerplaying. No cat is perfect, not even the leader. It is okay to have your cat come out of battle with a couple of scratches, but don't say "they hadn't hurt a hair on his handsome little head." Be realistic.

∞ Cats should look realistic. No powers, wings, unicorn horns, purple eyes ect. This is a realistic roleplay. This also means that you need to be realistic when it comes to the number of kits a queen will have. 4-5 at the max. Also, please use realistic names. Chances are, cats won't know what a dragon is, & please don't use names from the books (unless they are obscure characters).

∞ Again, I shouldn't have to say this, but all of the site rules apply. Don't detail mating or kitting, and make sure to credit your photos to whoever took them (unless you yourself took them.) And remember, images in normal posts are not allowed. This INCLUDES the fontmeme text images. Sorry guys.

∞ Please avoid using a prefix that is already in use. c:

∞ Attempt to make the genders even. If you want to join, and notice that we have an abundance of toms, make a she-cat, or vice versa.

∞ Try to avoid spamming. If you want to talk before we've started, PM each other, unless it's something important that everyone needs to see.

© - Rules post was written by silversky.
    © - Gif was found on tumblr. Posted by wasifio. Does not belong to me.
Last edited by rose; on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rose;

Re: willowclan

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 am

ranks

Code: Select all
 [ name ] - [ gender ] - [ age ] - [ user ]

leader - possibly open

deputy - to be chosen

medicine cat - open

medicine cat apprentice - n/a - will have one later on

warriors
    [ Sundance ] - [ Female ] - [ 2 years ] - [ qwertypi303 ]
    [ Ashstorm ] - [ Male ] - [ 3 ] - [ rose; ]
    [ Nightfang ] - [ Male ] - [ 2 ] - [ rose; ]

apprentices
    [ Speckledpaw ] - [ female ] - [ 7 moons ] - [ sphie ]
    [ Ivypaw ] - [ female ] - [ 6 moons ] - [ rose; ]

queens
    [size=85]open

kits
    open

elders
    open

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

relationships

___ likes ___
___ & ___ are mates.
___ mentors ___

[size=85]© - gif found on tumblr. posted by oceansongs. does not belong to me.
Last edited by rose; on Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
rose;

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:51 am

useful links.

[ herb list ] - [ clan ceremonies ] - [ the warrior code ] - [ fighting techniques ] - [ clan terminology ]

© - gif found on tumblr. posted by pr0tect. does not belong to me.
Last edited by rose; on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rose;

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:52 am

Name: Ashstorm
      Appearance: With a medium length pelt he is able to keep himself warm, but it isn't so long that it gets in the way. On the light side for a warrior, he uses strategy and agility to win his battles. He is a lean, strong warrior, and has a good build for leaping from tree to tree, or leaping through snow drifts, even if he does not really enjoy the snow. His pelt sticks out greatly in the white snow, and its quite commical to see him stalking about with snow stuck in his pelt. He has what look to be claw marks across his nose, and a scar over his shoulder, along with a tail that's only about 3/4 the size of normal.
      Personality:Battle orientated, his answer for just about anything can have something to do with fighting and battling. He is loyal though, despite the fights he gets in, even with his clan mates. He's more prone to arguing than having any sort of good conversation, and everyone is convinced he'll make the grumpiest elder ever. He's quite adamant on the fact that he shall never become an elder however. When he is not arguing with someone or out hunting, Ashstorm is usually perched on one of the tree branches that hang over the camp, keeping watch. He seems a bit sullen and unapproachable, but he can be just as kind as the next, full of wise advise.
      Ashstorm stays as far away from the nursery as possible. He is not of kits, or apprentices, even though he makes a good- if not very patient- teacher. He's probably due for another soon.
      History:
      Being a more seasoned warrior, Ashstorm has seen his fair share of battles, and been in his own fair share. His tail is shooter than what he was born with- it got severed in a battle with a bobcat. He also has a long scar over his shoulder, and what seem like claw marks over his nose. He wears them with pride however, only a sign of how much he has given for his clan, even if he does look a bit scraggly.
      Ashstorm was not born into the clan. His mother- or who he would refer to his mother anyway- was a clan cat, however. A loner traveling through the clans was carrying kits, and obviously could not care for them. Not a fan of clan life, the she-cat left the clan, but not until after her kits had already found their niche. Obviously seeing that her kits were better off in a place they would be able to be protected and fed, she left them in the worthy care of one of the queens. He did not know this until later in life.
      As a kit, Ashstorm was the very first one to start the fights most of the time, and was probably just a bit too rough. He always wanted to be the leader, always boasted about being the strongest. Some of the clan cats were a little concerned though- he didn't always play that nicely. He was just a bit too rough, too intent on beating everyone else that he could.
      As he grew, that competitive nature didn't die down, but it was channeled to other things. He always begged his mentor to take him on patrols, and always wanted to go into battle. As he became a warrior, he mellowed out some, but not much. He was still the first to volunteer to go on patrols to hunt down a fox, or a bobcat. His suggestion was always some sort of fight to solve things with rogue cats, and others. He has had a history if in-clan fighting, but he has proved his loyalty thrice over, and no one should doubt it.

Nightfrost [image not mine]

Name: Nightfang
      Appearance: With fur as dark as his, its rather hard to blend in, making him useless in any sort of stealth mission, and not all that great at hunting either. The thickness of it keeps him warm however, which he is thankful for. He's decent at fighting, even if he doesn't exactly like it. He is a heavier set cat, a bit larger than most, which makes traveling over light and powdery snow very difficult, and he often gets grumpy if he is unable to keep up with someone because of it. He is better at climbing, but leaping from tree to tree can prove difficult- good things there's a soft landing below.
      Personality: Although Nightfrost aims to be the best warrior he can be, and he is very proud of himself, he does not brag. He is modest and mellow in character, always very laid back. He doesn't like fighting, and he likes to analyze and plan things out before going through with things. It has proved to be more effective, and he has come up with a few good ideas to contribute to the clan, like moving the elders into a different den that proved to be warmer and kept dry more easily. He will choose every option before fighting, but if needed, he will follow the rest of his clan into battle willingly. The warrior code is something he follows to the best of his ability.
      Nightfrost is kind and tries to be understanding, but kindness isn't always the best thing. If it were his choice, he would never turn away a loner seeking refuge from the clans, even though it may be necessary at times. Often times, he will get himself into odd situations as he just tries to be kind, not knowing what to say, and just realizing it was something he probably shouldn't have stuck his nose in. He tends to be a bit nosey, always wanting to know what's going on, even if it isn't something that involves him.
      The tom absolutely loves kits, and wishes for his own to help take care of, but for now, he plays with the kits as much as he can. Which, is most of his free time. He isn't too focused on finding a mate- too oblivious, really.
      History: Since able to leave the nursery, Nightfrost has been the model warrior, always striving to be better and do better. But, isn't that every warrior? Nightfrost wasn't like every other kit. He preferred to watch the tussles over who could become deputy, or the 'bad guy' from the sidelines however, watching and waiting. He spent his first few days out exploring the camp, quite the handful for his mother, constantly disappearing. After getting to know the camp, he watched his siblings do the fighting, always watching and waiting for just the best moment- well, what he hoped was anyway, before he jumped in the fights. He was defeated more often than not however, but he never stopped. When he became an apprentice, he was always the one complaining about having to care for the elders and make sure everything was fixed up in camp. He begged to go on patrols and to go hunting, and couldn't wait to learn how to fight. Nightfrost was attentive and eager to learn, which meant he learned quickly and to the best of his ability.
      After receiving his warrior name, Nightfrost aimed to be the very best warrior he could be. He always made sure his clan came first, even if it meant he went without prey for a night. He aims to become a deputy some day, but he's happy where he is at. He has trained his fair share of apprentices, which he loves.
      Nothing too exceptional has ever happened to Nightfrost. His siblings still are alive, his mother in the elders den, though his father passed from a bout of green-cough.

Ivypaw [image not mine]

Name: Ivypaw
      Rank: Part of her wants to become a warrior, part of her wants to be a medicine cat apprentice. She doesn't like the idea of never being able to have a mate or kits then though.
      Appearance: With snow white fur as hers, its easy to get lost in a snowy landscape, and its something she enjoys doing- leaping out to scare her friends. Her fur is shorter than normal however, and she gets cold easily. It doesn't stop her from leaping out into the snow banks, usually having to be told to come in by her mother before she gets too cold. Her eyes are very light colored- she actually doesn't have that good of eyesight.
      Personality: Ivykit was the one to sit and watch her siblings play from the safety of the nursery entrance, not too fond of the idea of fighting. Even as she nears being able to be an apprentice, she doesn't constantly ask about it as her siblings do, and just seems to be rather un-enthusiastic. She isn't fond of the idea of learning how to fight, and has quite often made her way over to the medicine cats den to help out, but she isn't too fond of that idea either, but she fears she might have to, considering her eyesight and all. Overall, she's just very laid back, nothing much gets her very excited, and she is more soft spoken than most her age.
[/list][/size]
rose;

Re: willowclan - open

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:08 pm

now open and accepting c:
rose;

Postby SkieNight » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:30 pm

{{ May I reserve the medicine cat's apprentice and a warrior or two? I will put up my forms later this evening due to the fact I have to go to the doctors and I have camp right after. Thank you.
~ SkieNight }}

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby rose; » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:07 pm

I don't think we're going to start out with a medicine cat apprentice, but I will certainly hold a few warrior spots for you ^^
rose;

Next

Return to Animal Fantasy or Fandom-Based RP's