♆ Of the Sea and the Wind ♆ {Open}

Post role plays centered around the realistic world of animals from books, movies, and games.

♆ Of the Sea and the Wind ♆ {Open}

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:40 am

Intro

You live in a place where nothing is still. Everything around you sways, crawls, or swims. The tropical waters are vibrant and constantly full of life, and your pod is no exception. You are a dolphin. All of your companions are also dolphins, and you all belong to the same pod. However, this gathering of dolphins is like no other simply because it does not discriminate. Any species may join at any time. What are you, stranger? Are you perhaps a Dusky or a Bottlenose? Maybe an Atlantic Spotted? That's completely up to you. Welcome to the ocean, dear friend, and welcome home.

Currently it is:

Spring ☑
Summer ☒
Fall ☒
Winter ☒

Mating ☑
Birthing ☒
Last edited by Distortionist on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Watch Me Grow! wrote:ImageImage
Trading Guidelines wrote:
Some things you should know before you hit trade C:
- Mass accumulating ligers is my ultimate goal -
- Nothing I only have one of is for trade unless overpay -
- Baubles are appreciated, but not needed -
Distortionist

Rules and Regulations

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Rules

All right, I know rules are a bore but they are necessary for this to be fun and enjoyable. I would really appreciate it if you read through all of them. Thank you!

↪ Follow all Eldemore rules. If you can't do this one, then you shouldn't be here.
↪ Be active. It's no fun if I'm the only one role playing. You don't need to be on all the time, but please try to post at least once a day.
↪ Be semi-literate. You can go above and beyond, and I encourage that. But the bare minimum is 4 or 5 well written sentences a post. That means grammar, punctuation, and capitalization are important.
↪ Be realistic. Your dolphin can not win every fight or take down a shark by itself. I would also say that they can only become mates after knowing each other for a while. No love at first sight.
↪ Keep genders somewhat even. I know many of us prefer to play females, and because these are dolphins it's alright if the majority are. However, I don't want one male and 20 females. Something like 7 males and 12 females could work.
↪ Don't curse. You are a dolphin, you don't know human curse words. Saying something similar to 'fish brain' is acceptable.
↪ Don't be your own crush or mate. Simple enough, right?
***Offering FR treasure/stuff, artwork, or older trades for this month's outcomes, token, and event pets***
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

The Swift Sea Pod

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:56 pm

The Swift Sea Pod

Ranks on the same tier are equal in importance within the pod.
Ex:
Rank Name | Rank Name
Rank description | Rank description
Availability | Availability
Name, [Gender], Player, Page # | Name, [Gender], Player, Page #

Matriarch | Leader
Female, leads the pod | Male, leads the pod
Closed | Open
Tsunami ~ Distortionist ~ Pg. 1 |

Second in Command
Assists in leading the pod
Closed
Kai ~ DandyLoops123 ~ Pg. 1

Pregnant Females | Calves
Female, expecting calves | Any gender, under 2 years
None | Open
Whirlpool ~ Distortionist ~ Pg. 3

Elders
Any gender, advises leaders, over 25 years
Open

Subordinate Males | Subordinate Females
Male, regular member | Female, regular member
Always Open | Always Open
Cobble ~ SkieNight ~ Pg. 2 | Asa ~ SkieNight ~ Pg. 2
| Ivory ~ DandyLoops123 ~ Pg. 3

Omega
Any gender, lowest rank and eats last, usually as punishment
Open
Last edited by Distortionist on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Settings

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Settings

The pod lives in warm, tropical waters near the Americas. They migrate through the Atlantic Ocean throughout the year and breed during Summer. Food gets scarce around Autumn and Winter, so traveling to Brazil is practical. When the sea gets warm during Spring and Summer they head up to Canada. The water is clear and comfortable, perfect for a pod of dolphins. Human interaction is at a minimum. Great colorful coral reefs dot the seascape and everything else is blanketed underneath sheets of soft sand. Food is normally plentiful and easy to find, except for in winter. In the midst of their territory is a medium sized island with a large cove in one side. The dolphins often go there to explore, sometimes never returning.
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Characters

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Characters

Here I will list the characters, who they are played by, their rank, and a short description of them in the order in which they joined.

Tsunami ~ Distortionist ~ Matriarch ~ Page 1
Tsunami is a female Dusky dolphin. She is black with a pale underbelly and blazing white markings running across her body, sports dark green eyes, and is Matriarch. She is a bit bipolar but is completely loyal to her Pod. This dolphin is rather withdrawn from others but loves her pod unconditionally and tries hard to be a good leader for them.

Kai ~ DandyLoops123 ~ Second in Command ~ Page 1
Kai is a male Hourglass dolphin. He is mainly black with white hourglass type shape on both sides of his long body with a darker white underbelly. He has pale blue eyes. This second in command will always be unwaveringly loyal to his pod, no matter what happens

Asa ~ SkieNight ~ Subordinate Female ~ Page 2
Asa is a female Atlantic White Sided dolphin. She is a very dark charcoal gray and she has gray stripes running down her sides from her eyes to her fluke. On the areas between her flukes and the middle of her body are bright yellow-orange strips that make her very easy to distinguish. She is shy and self conscious with low self esteem.

Cobble ~ SkieNight ~ Subordinate Male ~ Page 2
Cobble is a male Atlantic Spotted Dolphin. He is mostly a rocky gray color, but his underbelly is completely white. Pale splattering spots densely cover his sides, which is trademarked for his species. This dolphin used to be fun loving and playful, but his history has changed that and turned him into the lonely and reserved dolphin he is today.

Ivory ~ DandyLoops123 ~ Subordinate Female ~ Page 3
Ivory is a female Yangtze dolphin. She has a very pale complexion and sensitive skin that makes her vulnerable to sunburns. Around her underbelly, dark grey markings speckle the area. While she is withdrawn from others, she loves to play and is super energetic.

Whirlpool ~ Distortionist ~ Calf ~ Page 3
Whirlpool is a male Spinner Dolphin. He is mainly light gray except for a pale, creamy stripe along his sides and a white underbelly. His eyes are dark brown and full of life... and mischief. This dolphin is very bubbly and gets along swimmingly with everyone.

Relationships

Key:
≛ Mutual Friendship
↣ She likes Him
↢ He likes Her
↭ Mutual Affection
╰☆╮Mates
╰✭╮ Calves Together

Girl | Boy
Tsunami ↢ Kai
Asa ↣ Kai
Last edited by Distortionist on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Form

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Form

Please delete everything in parentheses. They are to help you fill out the form.

Code: Select all
[center][size=150][color=#404080]Yay! Imma Dolphin![/color][/size]
[size=150]. : Name Here : .[/size]
[img]Picture Here[/img]

Name; (Origin of name? Meaning?)
Nickname; (Code name?)
Age; (Birthday? Zodiac signs?)
Gender; (Obvious)
Species; (What breed of dolphin?)

[img]Picture Here[/img]

Personality; (At least 3 sentences, please)
History; (At least 2 sentences, please)
Kin; (Any family?)
Rank; (Position wanted? Current position? Some have to be confirmed by me)
Written Description; (In words, what does your character look like? How they act? Describe them)
Crush; (Who and why?)
Mate; (Who?)
Calves; (Any deceased? Any alive? With who?)

What do you want in a mate? (Pretty simple, self explanatory)
Anything else? (Side notes? Questions or comments for me?)[/center]
Last edited by Distortionist on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Tsunami

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Yay! Imma Dolphin!
. : Tsunami : .

Name; Tsunami, the feared wave of the sea
Nickname; None. You can make one up for her if you are close :3
Age; She's 9 years old and a Pisces.
Gender; Female
Species; Dusky Dolphin

Personality; Tsunami is a quiet and reserved female. She leads the pod with confidence and surety, never hesitating to do the right thing. She'll talk to you if you approach but don't expect a huge conversation. A lesser known side of her is her violent one. A wrong word spoken and she will transform into almost a different dolphin, attacking you and ripping you to shreds. However, she would never do this to her pod because she loves everyone in it. It's like her children.
History; Tsunami became Matriarch after her father, the leader, was killed by a shark. She doesn't know where her mother is or who she is, for that matter. Apparently she had also passed away right after her birth. She's been living with her Pod under the guidance of her fellow dolphins.
Kin; Open :3
Rank; Matriarch
Written Description; Tsunami is pitch black with a pale underbelly and typical greenish Dusky markings. Her build is slender and muscular, with a strong tail flukes and long flippers. She has large and kind dark green eyes framed by white swirls. Like all Swift Sea dolphins, she is a powerful swimmer.
Crush; No one
Mate; No one
Calves; None yet

What do you want in a mate? Tsunami is looking for a strong male who can defend the pod and is loyal to a fault. He must be sweet and caring to everyone.
Anything else? PM me or post here if you would like to be her family. :)
Last edited by Distortionist on Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Bump

Postby Distortionist » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Bump! :D
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Re: ♆ Of the Sea and the Wind ♆ {Open}

Postby DandyLoops123 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:07 am

Yay! Imma Dolphin!
. : Kai : .

Name; Means Ocean and origin unknown
Nickname; Just Kai
Age; 09/02/1999 14 Years, Aquarius.
Gender; Male
Species; I am an Hourglass Dolphin

Personality; Kai, meaning Ocean, is loyal and confident in himself and the dolphins around him. He always believes in giving everyone a second chance, or helping them along. He often gives out warning but never follows through with the full punishment unless it is serious and put the pod in danger.
History; He was born and raised in a rather small pod and his father was never really around until he got older, ready to push him out. Kai spent 4 Years roaming and escaping fishermens nets.
Kin; Elsewhere
Rank; Could he be the leader of the pod? Or just second in command if not if that is okay?
Written Description; Kai is a male Hourglass dolphin. He is mainly black with white hourglass type shape on both sides of his long body. With a darker white underbelly. He has pale blue eyes.He will always be completely loyal to his pod, no matter what happens.
Crush; Tsunami, she has a reserved confidence and just needs the right male to show her true colours and Kai believes maybe he could be that Male
Mate; Not yet
Calves; No Calves

What do you want in a mate? A quiet but confident dolphin who is not afraid to let her true colors show. Who is willing to lead or follow the pod through every thick and thin on their migration.
Anything else? (Side notes? Questions or comments for me?)
ï αṃ ṃεɾεlÿ ḋεατhṡ ṃεṡṡεṉģεɾ

Lioden!
http://lioden.com/register.php?r=24002
DandyLoops123

Re: ♆ Of the Sea and the Wind ♆ {Open}

Postby Distortionist » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:39 am

O3o I happen to love the name Kai XD Definitely accepted! And I was leaning toward the leaders being like an Alpha pair, you know mates and all that, but since he has a crush on her maybe something will happen... :lol: Is second in command fine for right now?
Birthday Nov. 30

Distortionist

Next

Return to Realistic Animal RP's