Life in the Forest-Dog RP-NOT ACCEPTING-

Post role plays centered around the realistic world of animals from books, movies, and games.

Life in the Forest-Dog RP-NOT ACCEPTING-

Postby Walnut » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Before you read anything else, apply, or whatever, please understand THAT THERE ARE NO WOLVES IN THIS RP AT ALL, because wolves are wild animals that cannot be legally captured and put in a dog pound for sale as household pets. PLEASE TAKE YOUR WOLVES ELSEWHERE. THERE ARE 8+ ACTIVE WOLF RP's OUT THERE. THIS IS A DOG RP. I don't know why people have such a hard time following this rule, but I want it to stop. I REPEAT, there are NO WOLVES.
NEWS: I am now looking for two or three more dogs to join the pack. They will be dogs on the farm that will either stay loyal to the farmers or join the dog pack. I would prefer terriers, but you can be a larger dog if you want.
The Forest

The Forested Area

The forested part of The Forest consists of elm, maple, and conifer trees. A gentle stream rushes through the heart of the forest. Dogs can hunt rabbits, deer, squirrels, and the occasional salmon here. A clearing in the center of the forest contains a pond and small, rocky caves. Sometimes, foxes, coyotes, and even bears venture here and dogs have to fight them off-or, in the bear's case, most likely inflict a bit of damage and run like mad.
The Meadow

The meadow is full of long grass and flowers-good to relax and watch the sunset in, and great for hunting. The stream runs through here to the forest. You can see lovely, green mountains in the distance. Here you are most likely to find rabbits and mice. Sometimes, foxes will come here. They are not much of a problem, so you don't usually have to fight them off.
The Waterfall

The waterfall comes down from a stream in the mountains, forming a "lake", which is only 25 feet long and wide. It reaches 10 feet deep. The waterfall itself isn't that large either, only 15 feet high. It is a lovely place to go swimming.
The Mountains

The mountains can be seen from the meadow. They are green as trees grow on every inch of each mountain. We rarely go up the mountains, as they are tall and steep, but they are beautiful. It is a great hunting area and there are no wolves or cougars to compete for food with, the entire forest is to close to a city for their liking.
The Pond(s) and Stream

The stream runs down a mountain, turns into a waterfall, runs through a lake and two ponds, gushes through the meadow and forest, then stops at the clearing in the forest's center. The stream is interrupted by many waterfalls and is 3 feet deep at the deepest. The current is not strong so you can easily swim against it. The place where the stream ends, in the forest, is a muddy 10-foot deep pond. It is good for fishing, but definitely not swimming. The other pond, in the meadow, is crystal clear. It is lovely to swim in and quite easy to fish in.
Hunting Guide

This is a guide on how to hunt different prey. Some of it is how real wolves behave, other stuff is my best guess.
What we can hunt: Salmon, moose, deer, hares, small rodents
Also, if you don't understand what I mean by the term "wolves", it's because wolves are most closely related to dogs, so we'll hunt like them in this RP.
How to hunt: Salmon (Probably not how real wolves catch salmon)
Wait by the river or the crystal-clear pond. Or even the muddy pond. Watch intently for movement underwater. When you see something, try and scoop it up with your paw. The instant the fish is out of water, chomp down on it and don't let go until you're away from the body of water.
How to hunt: Deer (how real wolves hunt deer)
1 medium to large dog can chase a doe away from the herd. First they scare her by growling and snapping. Once she is running, chase her down and try to hurt her legs so she can't run, then a quick bite to the neck should finish her off. It is not recommended to hunt bulls, but they can be hunted the same way as does. Small dogs can group up to separate a fawn from the herd to kill it.
How to hunt: Moose (how real wolves hunt moose, believe it or not)
Find a moose, preferably a cow, and separate her from her herd, possibly by cornering her. This requires at least 2 dogs. While one dog catches small prey or rests, the other 1+ dogs will make sure the moose doesn't call for her herd, doesn't eat, and doesn't drink. When she falls asleep, kill her.
How to hunt: rabbits and hares (probably not how real wolves hunt rabbits and hares)
One dog of any size can chase after a hare or rabbit. If another dog is with you, he or she can help you corner the prey, then kill it.
How to hunt: rodents (how real wolves hunt rodents)
Larger dogs can smell for a rodent, then pounce on it. Smaller dogs can stick their heads down rodent holes and snatch their prey. (Latter example is most definitely not how real wolves hunt.)
The Farm

The Pastures

Cow Pasture

This is were you can hunt for cows. Be sneaky, though: if you're a wolf, the farmers will try to shoot you, if you're a dog, they'll try to capture you. Also, the head bull may charge you if you get to close to his cows or calves. This is why you should sneak into the barn at night instead of hunting in the cow pasture. Each cow takes 2 dogs to kill. Each calf takes 1 dog to kill.
Sheep Pasture

You can hunt sheep here. Farmers will try to shoot/capture you here as well, just not as much as in the cow pasture. Lambs can be caught by smaller dogs as well as large ones.
The Chicken Coop

This is the best place for small dogs to hunt. Smaller dogs can fit through the entrance, then, if another dog sticks its head in the door so the chickens can't escape while the dogs hunt.
The Barn

This is where cows go during the night time. Each has its own pen, except for the calves, who all live together in one large pen. Haystacks are piled high on the second floor of he barn. You might find mice or stray cats up here. Cats might become competition for food, so kill them or chase them off. As long as you protect your nose, the cats won't be able to fight against you. They will not gang up either as cats are loners and don't really care what happens to other cats. On the topic of the cows, they are trapped in the barn so they're much easier to hunt. Be aware that there are guard dogs here. This can be good as we can recruit them for our pack. We can also steal puppies, just only one or two at a time so the farmers don't get suspicious and the mother doesn't panic to much.
User List

Username
Dog Name and Breed

Walnut
Walnut, English Black Labrador

Shadefang
Shade, Husky

Shadefang
Coal, Husky

Blackbeard123
Shadow, Black Tamskan

Silverstream94
Lark, Akita

Silverstream94
Nika, Alaskan Malamute

Shadefang
Jay, Akita

(Back in the Pound)
You wake up in a dingy cage to a black labrador barking at you from the cage next to you. "Wake up! WAKE UP," she
yells. You stand up, puzzled. The labrador introduces herself. "Hello. My name's Walnut." You look bewildered.
Walnut, acknowledging your confusion, explains. "You were a stray, running on the streets, and then you got captured
by humans and given a pill that made you relax and fall asleep, right?"
"How did you know?" you ask.
"That's how we all got here," she states. "Look around."
You peek through the bars of your cage. A dim, naked lightbulb illuminates food bowls, water bowls, and blankets
inside each cage. You notice you are standing on a blanket. Some cages are empty, some contain dogs. Some dogs
sleep, others howl and ram against the doors of their cages. You see two doors. One leads to the front of the pound,
another leads to the backyard.
When you are through looking, Walnut says "We used to live across cities and forests, but we are here now. We are
trying to escape." Then, she produces words you dread. "Welcome to the dog pound."
Last edited by Walnut on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:22 am, edited 60 times in total.
I may not be on Eldemore during the weekdays due to an extremely busy schedule! I am sorry to everyone who RP's with me, trades with me, or adopts from the Lovely Labrador AC! (I am still open to trades and will keep writing, but that may take a while.)

Animal Jam headdress, phantom plushies, nature arch and more for Eldemore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2603
AJ Headdress UFA: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3460
Lovely Labrador AC: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2663&view=viewpoll
Walnut

The Forest: RULES

Postby Walnut » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:33 pm

RULES

(Much like the original rules)
-Use brackets/parentheses when out of character. ({[<\/>]})
-No bullying/arguing/etc. out of character.
-All site rules apply.
-You don't need to be accepted to start roleplaying.
-No killing other people's dogs without their permission.
-You can have up to 3 dogs.
-Fade when mating/giving birth/death/gory scenes/etc.
-Even out genders. (Yes: 2 males 1 female No: 3 males 0 females.)
-No being sexist about your dogs. All your females can't be "damsels in distress" that need a male's help with everything, and all your males be super-strong, invincible, blah blah blah.
-No godmodding/powerplaying.
-No text talk. (Occasional grammar and spelling mistakes are okay though.)
-Semi-lit would be nice, but not everyone (like me) has time to post more than just a few sentences.
-You don't have to ask to have a crush on someone's dog, but you need permission to be their dog's mate.
-Have fun!
Form (for farm dogs and normal dogs)
Name:
Breed:
Looks (can be image):
History (optional):
Last edited by Walnut on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:47 am, edited 16 times in total.
I may not be on Eldemore during the weekdays due to an extremely busy schedule! I am sorry to everyone who RP's with me, trades with me, or adopts from the Lovely Labrador AC! (I am still open to trades and will keep writing, but that may take a while.)

Animal Jam headdress, phantom plushies, nature arch and more for Eldemore: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2603
Walnut

Re: Escape From the Pound-Dog RP -ACCEPTING-

Postby Walnut » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Name: Walnut
Looks: http://www.pheasantsforever.org/page/1/ ... erence.jsp http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labrador_R ... bulaj1.jpg Stupid image won't work, but: Stocky, black fur, yellow teeth.
Description: Short fuse, timid, strong, clever when not angry. When you get to know her, she's very loyal.
Breed: English Black labrador
Age (In human years): 3 years
History: Used to live in the forest (the one we are trying to escape to) but went to far near the city and was captured.
Last edited by Walnut on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Walnut

Postby Walnut » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:59 pm

{I guess I will start roleplaying, while I wait for soemone to join.}
Walnut blinked and opened her eyes. She got up and stretched. She looked around and listened to see if her food was arriving, or if some other dog might come to the pound. Nothing.
She heard the key turn in the lock of the front door. The staff had arrived. Walnut decided to think of escape plans while she waited for her food.
"Maybe, I could spit kibble at the fire alarm, so everybody would evacuate. They would take me too. Or maybe, while they open my cage door to give me my food, and I would run off. Mmmmff...To risky, and there would need to be more dogs to distract the staff by running in all directions...Maybe..."
------------

Walnut awoke to her cage door being opened. Food was shoved into her cage. The staff member said "You'll go out for your daily walk in one hour!" Walnut didn't understand what the human was saying, of course. She sighed, and ate her kibble. Soon, she fell asleep. Walnut dreamed of her beautiful forest home, and what life would be like when she returned.

Walnut

Postby Infinity » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:46 am

Name: Lilac
Looks: Brown with light brown underbelly
Description: Impatient, strong
Breed: Wolf (mistaken for a common dog)
Age (In human years): 3 years
Ill start roleplaying too then X3
Animator, Artist.

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:51 am

She woke up and stretched, but her back hit the cage "Ouuu!" Puzzled, she looked around. There were many cages and inside each one was a watering hole and a sort of giant colored leaf. Inside hers she had two little holes, one with water and one with little rabbit droppings. "Yuk!" She howled, and she longed for home. Then she curled up in the tiny space, hoping thats this was all just a dream.
Animator, Artist.

Infinity

Postby Walnut » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:45 am

{Hi, Claudia!}
Walnut barks at the new dog. "What is your name? How did you get here?"
Walnut sits in her cage and eats her food, which is bland as always.

Walnut

Postby Infinity » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 pm

She woke up "Im not a puppy-pet." She growled. I don't know how I got here. And.. what is this place?
Animator, Artist.

Infinity

Postby Walnut » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:03 pm

"When did I ever say you were a pet? You are getting on my nerves." {Walnut has a very short temper} "This, as I told you earlier, is the dog pound. We must escape to finally have freedom."

Walnut

Postby Infinity » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:23 pm

"Well how are we supposed to escape?"
(Gmail hangout? xP)
Animator, Artist.

Infinity

Next

Return to Realistic Animal RP's