{ The Swamp Pride } ╭☆╯

Post role plays centered around the realistic world of animals from books, movies, and games.

Re: { The Swamp Pride } ╭☆╯

Postby rainstorms. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:32 pm

Female
    Rogue
    Appearance:
    Scout has a genetic mutation that makes her fur color white. She's learned to mask that by rolling around in the swamp; very rarely will she let the actual color show. It serves as a beacon to enemies and she dislikes being stared at.
    So most of the time, when she shows herself to others, she's a dirty color a lot similar to a very light shade of mud.
    Personality:
    Scout is a rebel. She hates doing what other people tell her to do, and is very tightly-wound and will snap at just about anyone. She's a loner, and dislikes being in a group. She loves doing things on her own, and refuses to work with others.
    {there might be more later, but I'm tired x3}
    History:
    Scout was named for the fact that she, unlike her siblings, loved to stand above her mother's den and watch for trouble. She became that trouble after turning rogue at the age of three.
    When she was younger, she disliked being told what to do, and often hated the thought of doing it with others, mostly her siblings. She started disobeying orders from her previous pride shortly after she was two, and was threatened to be driven out. Instead, she turned rogue and left the pride of her own free will, defiant to the end.
    She's spent a year living in the swamps and learning to hunt on her own, and enjoying the thrill of being on her own, no matter how dangerous it becomes.
    She has discovered a new pride beginning to take shape on what she likes to think of as 'her territory' - she had noticed a male and a female hunting a few months after she found the swamps, and had kept an eye on them for a while before deciding to see what would happen. She's wary of them and keeps her distance.
    She likes to think they don't know she's there.

▌
▌
▌
▌
▌
▌

» because, you see,
we're all just illusions

rainstorms.

Postby Patch » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Wolfe. wrote:(( Okay, thanks! <3 I'm going to be away from the 18th to 27th, though. I just wanted to post my form before I left. Hopefully I'll get some RPing in before then xD ))

It's okay. I won't be on until later tomorrow due to a family reunion. :P
---
Okay, you're accepted, raini! <3

I'll finish my opening post when I get back from a quick shower. I have to get up early for that reunion... >.>
Patch

Postby rainstorms. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Patch wrote:
Okay, you're accepted, raini! <3

I'll finish my opening post when I get back from a quick shower. I have to get up early for that reunion... >.>

eee yay okay I'm excited
    but yeaahhhh next week I have a dance intensive for five hours so I'll be gone for a good chunk of time. ;P

▌
▌
▌
▌
▌
▌

» because, you see,
we're all just illusions

rainstorms.

Postby Patch » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Nia
      Before the sun is clearly visible above the trees, the young lioness is rising from her nap. The hunt last night had gone badly and was weighing on her thoughts. The zebra they had cornered near one of the many drinking areas had escaped the three lionesses due to, in Nia's opinion, a lucky chance. Three lionesses wasn't a big hunting party, but it should've been enough for a full-grown zebra stallion. She supposed they needed to work more on their surprise strategies for their prey. They'd been lucky to find that old impala carcass near the edge of their turf, but it just wasn't enough meat, even for a small pride like theirs.
      Yawning, Nia goes to a pool of water just a few yards away from where the pride had settled for their rest and crouches down. Her long, pink tongue laps up several gulps of water before she's satisfied and sits up on her haunches, ears perked and listened for the sounds of any prey animal they could go after.

Kumba
      Kumba, as was his usual, was sound asleep...at least for the moment. His back arched in a half moon shape as he snores on. His front paws were curled close to his massive chest, while his back feet were spread out. His tail flicked a bit as he slept, and his eyelids twitch a bit as he dreams.
      If he wasn't doing what he did most of the day (sleep), Kumba would be patrolling his territory and looking for any signs of danger- such as other lions or hyenas. Or, the dominant male would be scent marking his territory to warn against these said dangers. They don't always work, however, so it's a very good thing Kumba is willing to fight to protect his harem and his land.

{ Phew, not my best work, but if anyone was having trouble cooking up their opening posts, I hoped I helped a bit. ^^ }
Patch

Postby rainstorms. » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 pm

Scout

Scout yawned and stretched her back, flicking her tail as she did so. She supposed she must have fallen asleep after cornering that impala and eating about half of it (something she regrets now; that might have been too much meat for one lioness - her stomach feels too heavy).
    The other day she had stumbled across a scent marker from the dominant male of the newly forming pride. Furious, she had clawed at the scent, but had known better than to draw attention to herself my marking over it.
    Scout didn't understand why he was doing this. She had gotten here first. True, she didn't exactly make herself known, but she still felt that this new pride was intruding in her space.
    She decided that, today, she would investigate the pride itself, and see what she could find.

{ I'm writing in the past tense because for me, that's easier. If I try to write in present I'm bound to forget and write in half past, half present. ;P }

▌
▌
▌
▌
▌
▌

» because, you see,
we're all just illusions

rainstorms.

Postby Seraph » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:44 am

azalea ✿

The heat of the rising sun warmed Azalea's broad back as she padded around the swampy territory, her paws sinking into the sodden soil with every few steps. It was very humid, and she kept flicking pesky flies away with her small, rounded ears. Hopefully the sun and heat will drive this humidity away soon, she thought impatiently. When her forepaw got immersed into a particularly wet and sticky area of the swamp, she bared her teeth in an exasperated snarl and yanked her paw out furiously with a loud plop, scattering viscous droplets of the murky brown substance into the air. She ducked her head to shield her eyes, but the mud still stained her short golden-brown pelt. This only served to enrage her further.
After the pride's failure to catch the zebra stallion, a frustrated and still hungry Azalea decided that she needed to take a walk to calm down and thoroughly sort through her thoughts. The zebra had been right there, in their grasp, but it somehow managed to elude them at the last second. The hoofed beast had landed a glancing kick on her shoulder, and it still stung in protest whenever she made sudden, abrupt movements.
Just my horrible, rotten luck, she thought bitterly, glaring at the ground through narrowed eyes. She quickened her pace, hoping the exertion of exercise would free her mind of nagging thoughts.
Soon enough, she reached the outskirts of the territory and was about to turn around and go back when she caught an unfamiliar scent underneath the overpowering scent of her pride's dominant male, Kumba. The fur on the back of her neck bristled in alarm, but she decided to investigate no further. Instead, she bunched her muscles and raced back to the rest of the pride, resembling a pale golden blur streaking across the ground.

(( I prefer writing in past tense, too ^^; Also, I'll write Azalea's thoughts and spoken words in blue. ))
|| Ultra Collection completed as of Oct 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM ||

x

x
Seraph

Postby Patch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 pm

{ I sometimes write in present and/or past tense and mess my self up, but present is what I'm most comfortable with. I've role played with multiple users who use past tense, and there's never been a problem. :3 }

Nia & Kumba
      Almost lost in thought, it takes Nia a few seconds to register Azalea racing across the marsh plains. Something about her body language tells Nia that the reason she's running so fast couldn't be good. She supposed any one of the pride running that fast couldn't be a good sign at all, but again, with the unsuccessful hunt still weighing on her mind, she's slightly distracted.
      She growls low in her throat in Kumba's direction. Her half-brother opens his eyes at once and rolls to his feet, suddenly alert.
      "What is it?" Kumba rumbles, heading over to Nia and the fast approaching Azalea.
Patch

Postby Seraph » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:54 am

azalea ✿

Azalea skidded to a slippery, muddy halt when she caught sight of Nia and Kumba, panting heavily with her flanks heaving. In a rumbling growl, she reported to Kumba what had happened. "There's an intruder somewhere close to our territory." If not already in it, stealing our prey. She paused with a worried sniff, thinking. The marsh grasses flattened beneath her paws, and she dug her claws savagely into the soft, damp soil. "The scent was still fresh; they were here probably a day or two ago. Maybe less, but I didn't stay there for long to make sure." Azalea shrugged and shifted from foot to foot, feeling impatient and concerned.

(( Sorry for the short post, but I have to go soon. I'll be gone for a while, so if Azalea is needed, feel free to RP her ^^; ))
Last edited by Seraph on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| Ultra Collection completed as of Oct 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM ||

x

x
Seraph

Postby rainstorms. » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Scout

Scout had been bathing in the swamp nearby when she smelled, and then heard, a member of this pride that had made its way onto her grounds. Curious now, and also slightly wary, she ducked her entire body underneath the mud to hide her brilliant white fur color and crept along after this lioness.
    She followed the lioness all the way, deep into what the dominant male had marked as his (but was Scout's, of course; she had gotten there first, after all).
    Scout stayed a safe distance away, with the wind always in her face so that she couldn't be scented. When the lioness met with the rest of the pride, Scout stepped into the swamp mud once more and sank low, so she could see and hear what was happening without being seen. As she listened she grew more and more irritated, but stayed to see what the male's response would be.

▌
▌
▌
▌
▌
▌

» because, you see,
we're all just illusions

rainstorms.

Postby brilliancide » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 pm

(Sorry for not posting! I'm a bit stuck with other RP's and life)

Alicea

Alicea padded off to hunt. She wanted to catch a impala or maybe a wildebeast. She shook her head and prowled the territory, hoping for something to come up. Then, after two more steps, a impala female pops up out of the tall grass. Yummy she thought. Alicea crouched and stalked the impala. When she got close enough, she ran after it. She leaped, sank her claws into it and bit down hard. But it kicked her stomach and she fell off. "Ow!" She exclaimed. The impala escaped. "Darn!" She roared and trotted away. She was hurt bad.
brilliancide

PreviousNext

Return to Realistic Animal RP's