Walking on Water ↠ Wolves - WIP

Post role plays centered around the realistic world of animals from books, movies, and games.

Walking on Water ↠ Wolves - WIP

Postby .Dancer. » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:17 am

Excuse me, are you alright? Can you hear me? Hello? Oh great, I see you have regained consciousness. Don't be frightened, I have absolutely no intention to harm you! You probably don't remember who I am. I am Malkia, which means 'queen'. I lived in the cage right next to yours in the Wildlife Reserve...what? Where is the Reserve? Well, the humans have abandoned us to safe their own skins from the terrible illness. Thus we have escaped. We are going to life like true wolves now. Not large pathetic puppies who are fed everyday. We managed to get to this deserted land named Andor, which includes Belladonna River, Northern Meadow, and many more. It is peaceful yet lethal. Do watch out for snakes and enormous venomous spiders. Deeper into the forest, there is a narrow path, partially hidden by the foilage, that leads to the Rapids. It is extremely deadly if you do not know it well enough. We have named it our main water source. Further to the left is Malkia's Falls, named so in my honour. It is a place of tranquility, and romance. There aren't any predators in the water, or at least we think so.

There are many of us — all the canines who survived the break out of our prison, and the wolves we have allied ourselves with. Unfortunately, we are not alone here. When we stumbled upon several grizzly bears, they were rather aggressive. They are going to be tough competition for prey.

I would give you a detailed tour round the territory later. There is much you need to familiarize with. But first, you need to remember your name. Think. You know you know it.
Last edited by .Dancer. on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Dancer.

Postby .Dancer. » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:01 am

Welcome to our pack. We are like one large family — we take care of one another, look out for one another, hunt and train with one another. The neighbouring pack, Aramoore, has been our sworn enemy for centuries, so do avoid them. They are ruthless and cut-throat, and would not hesitate to kill you no matter how young you are.

The Alpha's word is law. You may question it, but politely, and reasonably. He makes the decisions of the pack, so please do not order others around yourself. He does have the right to punish and banish wolves from his pack, but only when there is a valid reason for doing so. Nobody is to enter his den except his mate and Beta. You do not organize patrols. His Beta does. Any of these rules broken would result in minor punishment.

Stealing of mates, insults and looking down upon is NOT tolerated. Everyone is equal, though the Alpha, Beta and Delta do have more authority. Maintain mutual respect. Do not exclude another or leave he or she behind. If you would like to join the pack, you need to learn how to live and work with one. Also, hunters are to bring back at least six pieces of prey per week. Larger prey represent three of this six. It actually depends on the size. Breaking of these rules result in major punishment.

Assassination of any wolf of the pack, or attempt to, would be punishable by death. You pledge eternal loyalty to your pack when you join. They are your family. No physically for verbally harming another. In addition, no violence is allowed unless it is a battle for a partifular rank. No killing pups no matter how small or weak they are. And no sneaking rogues into the territory. If these rules are broken, that would be the end of the rule-breaker.
Last edited by .Dancer. on Tue May 03, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
.Dancer.

Postby .Dancer. » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 am

The rules are pretty simple. One. All Eldemore rules apply. I bet all of you saw that coming:) Two. No god modding, or power playing. It can get rather irritating. Three. This is a literate role-play. Post with at least one good paragraph with proper punctuation and grammar. Bombastic words and extravagant vocabulary is not required. Disable your signatures and make your posts neat. Forms would not be provided. Four. I cannot stress this enough, please be ACTIVE. Post frequently (once every three days) and tell me the reason if you would be inactive for a period of time. Five. Absolutely no reservations. Please do not post an unfinished form or PM me for reservations. Six. At most three characters per person. And make your characters realistic. Seven. Post all forms in the Discussion Thread
.Dancer.

Postby .Dancer. » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:02 am

The Alpha Female is the Alpha Male's mate. She is always by his side no matter what, aiding him in making decisions, taking care of the pack when he is not around. Once she has her first litter of pups she would stay in the Birthing Den, and the Pupsitters would take turns in nursing them. The Alpha Male's word is the law. He makes all decisions, decides the new territory if he intends to move, and leads the pack in battle. He also has the authority to banish wolves and accept new members into the pack. If the current Alpha dies, the juvenile males of the pack would compete in the Alpha's Challenge to earn the rank.

The Beta Male and Female take over after the previous Alpha Male and Female dies. If there is no Beta Male or no Beta Female, the current Beta Male/Female would run the pack just like an Alpha should, alone, till he/she has found a mate. They organise patrols and hunts, and they are whom the Scouts report to if anything unusual in spotted. They also advise the Alpha Male and Female. Like the Alpha Female, the Beta Female's pups are taken care of by Pupsitters.

There are a maximum of two Healers in a pack. They take care of the mother wolves, the injured and the ill. The pups often help them in gathering herbs and making soft resting spots for their 'patients'. They take over when the Betas and Alphas are not around, for they are usually the wisest of all the wolves in the pack.

Together with the Scouts, they make up the pack. The Hunters and Huntresses not only hunt and provide for the other members, but defend one another against enemies (Endless Nightmare) and trespassers. They are usually large, strong, agile, and swift, skilled in many different areas, enabling them to hunt well as a team. They have to bring back at least one piece of prey each everyday.

The Scouts patrol the territory, especially its borders. The smaller, more stealthy and swifter ones roam the lands beyond the borders, never straying into another's territory. All report back to the Beta. If they spot a Dispersal trespassing they are not allowed to kill him, but bring him back to the pack for questioning. During winter they hunt with the Hunters and Huntresses due to the severe lack of prey.

The Pups have no main job in the pack, but go around helping out, especially the Healers. They often cause trouble, and are disciplined by being dropped into the shallow creek nearby (occasionally).

Pupsitters take care of the pups of the pack, feed them, ensure they have sufficient water, and sleep in the same den with them. They are usually a couple of Huntresses. When the biological mother returns to hunting or patrolling. No matter what, they have to stick with the young ones at all times, and if danger strikes, are the report to the Alphas immediately.

The Omegas (One male and one female) are the jesters of the pack. They are not disrespected, but actually looked up upon, for they have the natural gift of making others smile and carry on the day cheerfully. They are rarely gloomy themselves.
.Dancer.

Return to Realistic Animal RP's