1x1 with Saren and SkieNight

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: 1x1 with Saren and SkieNight

Postby Saren » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 pm

((Do you want to do something like they'd arranged to meet up beforehand to try to stop the Ancient? So they knew each other, or knew OF each other before?))

Alaya had only been walking on the busier part of the street for a few minutes when a great purple beast backed into her. She stumbled and fell, rolling slightly to the side in case the liger fell too- but it didn't. She had instinctively reached for her knife upon impact, and now held it out in front of her. Anger was coursing through her veins- how dare someone back into her like that? How dare they be so careless?

At Raki's snarling and Alaya's knife, a small space had cleared around them in the crush of human bodies. Alaya's teeth were bared in an almost feral manner, but when the Keeper came round and apologised, her anger abated quickly. Resheathing her knife, she took the offered hand and pulled herself up. "Enough, Raki," she said firmly to her direwolf, and he silenced his snarls, though a low growling could still be heard.

Facing him, Alaya now saw how large this young man was. He looked to be around the same age as her, but was a full head or more taller. He had broad shoulders and a kind face, and Alaya couldn't help looking him over a few times. She was smiling rather oddly, in a sort of sly, sideways manner, and shifted her weight to one leg. The throng of people pressed in slightly as the threat they had posed was gone, and she stepped a little closer to him to avoid the rush of stale bodies.

"Alaya," she introduced herself shortly. "And you are?"

After cleaning himself up a little, Cayen saddled and bridled Elsyl. The leather rested beautifully on her forest-green hide, and secretly he was proud of the way his drake's scales gleamed in the sunlight. Leading her out of the area where she slept, he clambered on to her back and put his feet firmly in the stirrups. She looked round at him, golden eyes flashing, and made a soft, almost mewling sound which he had not heard before. Mentally, he asked her what was wrong; not, of course, expecting a reply, as she rarely communicated with him this way.

Something is different today.

The statement caught him off-guard; he jumped a little, and almost slid out of the saddle.

How so?
There is another.
Another?

But that was where she stopped. Turning back around, she settled into a position from which she would be able to take off. Cayen pondered what she had meant; another of the Ancients? But no, it could not have been that, surely.

The two took off smoothly, but Elsyl took an unexpected turn left. Cayen asked her where she was going, both mentally and vocally, but she simply continued- towards the castle. He sighed and allowed her to have her head, letting go of the- what?!
In the palace courtyard, a young Rune- whether it was drake or dragon he could not tell- was whizzing around the gardens. It was soon joined by a young woman with the most beautiful red hair.

Another, said Elsyl.

Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 pm

{I like the idea of them being 'suppose' to meet. Maybe they were sent by others so they don't really know who or what each other looks like, but they are suppose to meet at the library stairs or something? Sorry it took so long to reply... math homework sucks...}

James stopped short upon seeing the flash of a knife. Having no training in battle, and really no skill at fighting at all, his best hope was that if she did stab him someone would help him. But as quickly as the knife was unsheathed it vanished back into it's little pouch. He tugged back gently, helping back up to her feet, before glancing at the direwolf besides her. He could all ready feel the hatred that radiated from Cilia, the liger besides him. In the midst of the chaos, she had spun herself around and was now trying to keep a relatively clear area around them, though it seemed that much of the crowd was unaffected by the giant cat.

James took this time to look the young woman in front of him over. He stepped closer, making more room for the crowds around them and his eyes ran her over. She was pretty, a simple pretty with dark black hair and carmel skin that looked as clear as the sky over Alabaster. What caught him off guard were her golden-brown eyes, as wild as the dog besides her, which hadn't ended it's growl. "Oh! I'm James." he said holding out his hand, though he quickly put it back to his side, when he realized that she had introduced herself and didn't make the friendly gesture. "Sorry again, I should have been paying more attention." he said awkwardly, looking over her head and at the crowds behind her.

Her green eyes rolled back as she let out a laugh and chased after the rune drake. There was a small clank behind her and she felt part of her bun fall part. Spinning on her heels, she stopped and bent down picking up the emerald pin that had hit the floor. As she stood back up, Selven whizzed around her head. "What is it?" she laughed watching the young drake. As if to answer her question a shadow passed over the gardens. Fear caused her stomach to tighten and she looked up to see a large dragon above the gardens.

It was a good thing that her mother was out of the city or the woman might have had a heart attack. As it was Avalon was having trouble registering the sight. A full grown drake flew through the sky, something was strapped to it's back and it almost seemed as though someone was on it. Selven wasted no time, the small ice-like lizard took off into the air to investigate. "Selven! Come back!" she called, though Avalon knew it would do nothing, the drake would still go and now the only hope the girl had would be that the other dragon wouldn't trying to eat her little friend. She ran a hand through her hair to push it out of her face since it had fallen completely out of the bun. Selven was now flying around the much larger and older dragon, investigating it and it's human rider. "Oh don't hurt yourself." she muttered under her breath.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Saren » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 pm

(Ooh, liking that :) sounds great! And it's no problem.)

Alaya shrugged and made eye contact with him. "Yeah, you should have," she joked, "but it's no big deal. Pretty busy today; I'm sure I'm not the only one who's fallen." At her side, Raki was still growling, barely audibly. Alaya glanced at him and raised an eyebrow; he met her eyes. Enough, Raki, she said, he's apologised.

It's not him I'm concerned about, came the wolf's reply, and Alaya looked at the liger. She was staring at Raki, clearly ready to leap at him at any moment. Raki was bristling, teeth bared and hackles up. Both of his tails were at an upwards angle, seemingly challenging the great beast. She was bigger than him by more than a little, though, so Alaya decided to redirect the conversation and move on.

"So where are you headed?" she asked, turning back to James. One hand was placed firmly but calmly on Raki's shoulders, keeping him from leaping at the liger.

Cayen and Elsyl came to a slow halt as the younger Rune- it was a drake, Cayen saw- flew around them. When it came back around to the front, Elsyl snorted and pushed her snout into its side. Cayen inhaled sharply and pulled back on Elsyl's reins, thinking that she had hurt the little creature, but it looked unharmed, and was even starting to sniff curiously around her muzzle. With each sniff it took, Elsyl blew out a breath of warm air. After a few moments of confusion, Cayen realised that she was acting like a mother would- albeit a rather odd, slightly neglectful one, as the poor little beast seemed like it hadn't met another of its species before.

Urging Elsyl to land, they pulled away and began to descend. Careful of the gardens-! thought Cayen, but Elsyl landed smoothly. Cayen dismounted and approached the girl- who, he saw now, was incredibly beautiful. Way out of your league, buddy, he thought to himself, but smiled and held out his hand all the same.
"Hello," he said, "I'm Cayen. Cayen Thrael."

(Yes I know it's a little weird that he just decided to land in the palace gardens but oh well :P maybe some guards arrive or something. I don't knoww)
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 pm

{Cool! Sounds like a plan, and I don't think it's odd that he landed in the gardens at all xD. And I hope I'm not the only one who's totally shipping Cayan and Avalon right now xD it's just too adorable!}

James chuckled at the joke and his eyes darted away for a second, his hand ran though his wild brown hair. His golden eyes darted between the direwolf and the liger. Cilia, cut it. He said shooting her a small glare. The cat looked back at him with black eyes that seemed like vacuums. I do not trust this dog, he could feel her bitterness through his mind. They think themselves superior when in fact they- James cut her off, enough they aren't doing anything relax.

His attention darted back to the girl, and his eyes looked down on her. Not that he thought of her as any less of a person, but he was almost a hole foot taller then her, so looking down was the only way to make eye contact - which must be done in polite conversation. "As a matter of fact I am suppose to meet a few people at the library sometime this afternoon. I just figured I'd get into town early so see if they have any new scrolls or books or anything really." James smiled slightly, he had gone to the Great Library in Alabaster too many times to count. It started when he was young and would come with his father, long before he even met Cilia. He glanced back at the agitated liger besides him and rested a hand on her shoulder. "I hope that I'm not keeping you from any one." he said his tongue running over his lips which were chapped from days of traveling.

Avalon watched Selven and the other drake closely as the two interacted. After first it seemed like the large green dragon was trying to bite Selven. But it soon turned into a game for the young dragon, it was as if the large beast was trying to mother the small thing. Soon Selven was whizzing back to earth. The ice-like drake flapped around her before perching on her back and shoulder. A breath of air was knocked out of the smaller woman when the lizard-like creature landed on her, while he was small he was a lot heavier then he seemed.

Pushing more waves of red hair from her face, Avalon glanced up again. The drake had landed and just as she thought a ridder slid off it's back. We'll be doing that one day. The girl thought with glowing eyes as she looked to Selven, once we're bonded that is. Her head snapped back to the man as she took him in. There was no doubt the man was attractive, vivid green eyes and wild brown hair was just the beginning of it. A shy smile ran over Avalon's mouth as he introduced himself. "Why hello there, Mr. Thrael, it is my pleaser to meet you." Avalon curtsied as she had been trained to do before speaking again. "I am Avalon Illis. What brings you here to the gardens." The girl laughed, if her father were here he'd kill her - or really Cayen in this case - for allowing a drake riding brute to land in the gardens, but honestly the girl wasn't afraid to the danger. He could be a thief for all she knew, one of the Seekers she had heard so much about, but she wouldn't be scared. A little danger never bothered the girl, in fact in only made her more interested.

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby Saren » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:27 pm

((Yess, me too! :) haha, so cute <3 bear in mind he's a bit of a player, though; I don't know if you got it but there was a woman in his bed at the start, and he left money for her. *wiggles eyebrows*))

Alaya raised an eyebrow and looked at him more directly. Her... superior, shall we say, had ordered her to go to the library as well. She'd been planning on going to the market first, browsing the throwing knives, but since James was going straight there she thought it best to stick with him. Being pretty, it was often dangerous to be alone in a city as large as this, even with a direwolf at your side. He seemed safe, and anyway she had Raki and her own skills if he proved to be otherwise. "Is that so? Well, I'm headed--"

A passer-by jostled into her back, sending her flying into James' chest. With a yell of "Hey!", she spun round, knife partially out of its sheath again, but whoever it was had disappeared in the crowd. Raki had turned and was scanning the people passing, snarling and clearing another small space, but they were closing in again. Alaya thought it best to move on; they were getting dirty looks, and she had spent too much time on the streets to not know what those looks would lead to.

Slowly, she became aware of how close she was to James; her back was just touching his chest, and she could feel his breath on her hair. A slight shiver ran down her spine, and she stepped away abruptly. "I'm headed that way too," she continued. "Shall we go?"

Cayen smiled at the girl as she curtsied, discreetly letting his hand fall to his side. He couldn't help but gaze at the waves and ringlets of red that surrounded her face, and those eyes..! He was finding it difficult to focus on her words, but her name caught his attention. Illis; he had heard that name before- her father was quite influential.

"I was actually headed to the Library," he explained, "but Elsyl here decided the palace would make a nice detour. Taking the scenic route, you know?" He grinned at the girl, suddenly self-conscious of his not-quite-shiny boots and slightly threadbare tunic.

The clatter of hobnail boots and cry of the palace guard echoed from the entrance to the hall. "Looks like they've noticed us. I'm going to leave now; do you want to come or stay?" He looked pointedly at the dragon on her shoulder, as if to say "I don't think anyone knows about this beauty, do they?"
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:57 pm

(Oh I realized. I think that's why I ship them. The likely hood of them as a couple is like >5% xD besides she's too naive to know.)

James glanced around at the crowd. They'd probably have to move soon with them pulse the giant liger in the way - who wasn't going to move or any one or anything -it was safe to say that they were in fact a traffic jam with a crash waiting to happen. He listened to the girl speak, taking note that she sounded educated, though not in the way he had been, but both his thoughts and he words were cut off quickly. The crowds, like hungry sharks, had made their first 'attack' and sent Alaya flying into his chest.

James had his hands up and resting on her shoulders to steady her slightly. He figured she'd move away but she remained against him as if she was sizing up the crowd. He felt the bitter taste of envy and hatred enter his mind and shot a glance over to Cilia. The liger seemed to be bursting at the edges. Don't get any ideas. Her hiss echoing his mind, I wouldn't trust her she's a street rat! James was about to respond to the cats comment but his chest felt colder and emptier. Alaya had stepped away from him and his arms fell off of her shoulders and to his sides.

"Yeah." he agreed though he had only heard half of what she had said since he had been focusing on the liger besides him. "We should. Do you need a ride." He asked and he climbed back up onto the liger's back. "I'm sure Cilia can cary one more." No I cant!

The girl looked up to the man, literally he was quite a bit taller then him and so her chin had to be raised to keep his gaze. He really is something. She thought to herself, her shy smile forming once more. Her thoughts stopped when the man spoke, and she made sure to hang onto every word. "Oh the library! It's one of my favorite places. It's really quite beautiful." she said with a small sight. Selven took off from her shoulder and flew back around to the drake, he had called her Elsyl didn't he?

With the weight off her back Avalon stood up straiter and pushed some curls from her face. She opend her mouth when a cry echoed over the gardens. Avalon couldn't help but laugh. "It's not hard to miss a dragon or a man with your looks." she chuckled. "But I'd love to tag along, I actually need to head there myself."

Her eyes followed the young drake that Cayen pointed too. "No. My father would kill me if he found out. I'm no suppose to be going off to the markets by myself." She laughed again, an almost carefree laugh. "But I don't have to listen to my father now do I? I am a young woman I can make up my own mind." she walked to the side of the elegant green drake. She looked the dragon up and down, and an excitement filled her she had never flown before and she couldn't wait to do so. "Now are you taking me or not?" she said her arms crossing over her chest, Avalon would be the first to admit that she wasn't a patient girl, especially with the guards on her her heels.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby Saren » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:25 pm

(Haha, oh okay :) he's still gonna flirt with her... even if they don't get together c; )

At James' offer of a ride, Raki let out another snarl; one that surprised even Alaya. She glared at him, and he glared right back. His teeth were bared and his tails were high in warning. He didn't communicate with hsr, but the message was clear: no. Alaya wasn't quite sure which of the pair he hated more: direwolves and ligers were classic enemies, but perhaps he saw James as a threat. He was very possessive of her, after all.

"I can walk, thanks," she said, turning back to James and eyeing up the liger at his side. She was not bonded with the beast, but she could tell from her body language that she was not exactly Alaya's biggest fan. She wouldn't trust her not to throw her off and maul her, or something of the like.

Cayen smiled at Avalon's enthusiasm, and let out a soft laugh. "I've never been there myself, but I heaf it's wonderful." He considered mentioning to her that he was illiterate, but he didn't want to seem stupid or uneducated, so he held his tongue and watched her face. The young drake left her shoulders and he saw that she as not in fact as small as she had first appeared- although she was still smaller than he was. And not just heightwise; she was also slender and dainty, and looked almost fragile. He suddenly felt a strong need to protect- a feeling that scared him. Shoving it down, he grinned at her flirting.

"Well, frankly I'm surprised that a lady as beautiful as yourself was alone, without protection," he returned, before following her to Elsyl. Patting the great drake's belly, he hoisted himself into the saddle and settled a little farther back than usual before reaching down for her hand. "Milady," he said almost mockingly as he first helped her up to the stirrup, then hooked an arm around her waist and pulled her on to the saddle in one swift motion. Perhaps he was holding her in place a little closer than she needed to be; but then again, a rune drake's back is hardly spacious, and perhaps it was necessary for them to be pressed together like that.

The first few guards streamed into the gardens, and Elsyl leapt into the air.

yes he sucks at flirting
can we just pretend it was something witty and charming
i cannot flirt
i could not think of anything to say
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:12 pm

{Who knows if they'll end up together. I can see them being together and just being friends that flirt. And don't worry. I suck at flirting irl and even in writing, I guess it just sounds slightly better when I wright xD}

When the wolf besides Alaya growled James looked between the liger and the direwolf. He wasn't sure if it was just their hatred that stopped the girl from writing, or if it was actually just the large cat who's dark eyes clearly read, leave me alone or die. Kicking her side with he heel Cilia's glare went from Alaya to James. Still, even though he understood why she turned down his offer to ride, her words sounded harsh. Tolled ya. A bitter voice echoed in the back of his mind, sometimes sharing your mind sucked.

Still James just shook his head and nodded slightly. "I understand." he said looking at the cat he was sitting on, "Cilia is in one of her, moods." he chuckled to himself when he felt her temper rise. Lets just get going. The feline hissed, her tail that mirrored the stars in the sky flicked back and forth in agitation. The crowds had moved in closer and James asked Cilia to go, mentally of corse. "So... where are you from Alaya?" He asked looking down at the girl, for now -being on the back of a liger and all- he was much taller then her.

He was never good with conversations, being on a mountain since he was nineteen didn't help with that. James might have traveled a lot but talking to people was never his thing, of corse once he found a topic he could talk about the young man could just go on.

Avalon rubbed the Drakes side, almost timidly. She had never seen something this big, nevertheless a drake and one could say that she was slightly intimidated by the creature. Selven clearly wasn't for the small dragon as still zooming around the much large beast, he flew around her head before landing on her lower back and crawling down her tail before taking off again. Avalon couldn't help but laugh at the little ball of energy. She turned her head to look at Cayen when he spoke and chuckled a bit. "I'd have to admit it is hard to get away, but you learn the tricks of the trade quickly."

She let him go up on the dragon first before allowing Cayen to pull her up by the waste. Her heart thudded in her chest and she could feel her face and neck grow hot. This wasn't the first time Avalon had been this flustered by a man, and frankly the girl knew it wasn't the last time. With all the parties her father hosted just to find her a husband it was a surprise that these sort of things still caused her to redden.

She leaned back against him (I suppose she'd be sitting in front of him) and into his chest before turning her head slightly to look at him. "One quick question. How high does she-" Avalon was never able to finish her question, in one swift movement the beast took off. Avalon turned so she was looking down at the gardens, where more then a few guards were looking up in confusion and frustration. "Tell mother I'll be home for dinner!" she yelled, not caring if they hear her or not. She leaned back into her seat and took in the view. She was flying "This is incredible..." she mumbled unsure of where to look, from the air there were so many things to see and Alabaster looked even more beautiful.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby Saren » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:32 am

As they walked, Alaya buried her fingers in Raki's scruff. She had decided that the best way to avoid conflict between the two would be to walk between them, and so she kept the still-growling Raki to her left and the dangerous-looking Cilia to her right. She trusted Raki to do as he was told, but if the ligress attacked him she knew she would not stop him from defending himself.

She looked up at him as he spoke again, chuckling at Cilia's expense. Realising that she had perhaps been a little too harsh with her words, she just smiled gently before looking back to the crowd milling around them. And despite having two intimidating beasts with her, she slipped a knife out of her sheath ever so slightly in response to the dirty looks they were still getting.

Cayen chuckled softly as Elsyl interrupted Avalon mid-sentence. When she turned to shout to the guards, he tightened his grip around her a little more, not wanting her to slip off. "Stay sitting," he requested, and took her hand to tuck it round the front of the saddle. Once she seemed secure, he bent down to his left and fitted her (rather small) foot into the stirrup. He did the same on the other side, sliding it in carefully to avoid the shoes being caught on the rough, bumpy metal.

When he straightened up again, her long hair was whipping around in the wind, and obscured his vision for a few seconds. He grabbed it and lowered it, and it flew into his chest instead. Bearable, he thought with a smile.

If you pictured her riding sidesaddle I can edit the post; just PM me, I have things to say for riding sidesaddle too :)
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:01 pm

{Though she is in a dress, I didn't see her riding side-saddle xD she'd be sitting like any normal person because that is how she roles xD}

The young man glanced around the crowd, there were some people who seemed to completely ignore the two as they made their way to the library, and then there were some people who tossed them dirty looks as they pushed through the crowds. The joys of the markets. James thought with a small huff, still he could see the grand library looming over then, they'd be at her steps shortly.

Looks back down at the girl, who seemed to be trying to mediate the cat and the dog, he asked. "Where are you from?" James had only met a few Direwardens and was interested in what she had to know. Maybe there was something there about this meeting, or even more important about the problem at hand that made this meeting necessary.

Avalon laughed at his comment, "Not allowing and fun, are we." She chuckled. Her green eyes flashed around the sides of the dragons as she looked at the city far bellow. Every now and then, she'd glance back to see Selven gilding behind the large beast, using her wings to help lift him, much like birds in flocks. She felt Cayen move her legs, her father would be furious and it was something that made her oddly happy. She place them in the stirrups, her dress, had come up a bit and hitched around her knees, making it easier to grip the sides of the saddle.

"This is fantastic." she whispered.Pushing a few strands of hair behind her ear so they weren't whipping in her face. Looking back at him she smiled. "Thank you for allowing a stranger onto your wonderful companion. I desperately needed to get out of the garden, and needless to say the guards were being a bit of a pain." she chuckled lightly again before glancing back over the city, still awed by it's beauty.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

PreviousNext

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's