1x1 with Saren and SkieNight

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: 1x1 with Saren and SkieNight

Postby Saren » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:42 pm

(Ah, okay. And sorry, I did see James' "where are you from" before but I forgot to add her reply!)

Alaya looked up at the marble intricacy of the library and smiled a little. Beautiful, she thought to herself, casting her eyes over the polished stone steps and carvings in the walls. It was much like the library in her hometown, but larger- much larger, and a slightly greyer shade of white.

At his question, she looked up at James and laughed. "Can't you tell?" she teased. "I'm from Darak'i. Born and bred. And what about you?" Liger Keepers were a rare sight in the desert capital, as she was sure they were elsewhere too. Their nomadic, solitary nature was something that the Direwardens of Darak'i just could not comprehend. Being bonded to pack animals made them loathe solitude, and practicing a religion- hell, practicing celibacy was probably the worst part- was an alien concept to them.

"Not this high up we aren't," said Cayen, one arm still securely fitted around her waist. Below them, the white marble of the library steps glinted in the sunlight, and Elsyl angled herself towards the landing platform provided nearby. "Um.. so I was sort of told to meet some people here. Two or three of them. I don't know if you want to come with me, or go explore the marketplace, or...?" Cayen didn't know the identity of the people he was to meet, but he knew that there was a Direwarden, a Liger Keeper... that may have been it.

So I was wondering if Avalon was signed up for this too, or maybe she just gets dragged along (or chooses to come) because of reasons? I don't know, just she doesn't really seem like the type to have been signed up for it. Or she could be the organiser of the whole thing. Who knows. c:
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:15 pm

{No worries. I was thinking that Avalon would kind of just force herself in, whether the others want her or not xD}

James smiled and as the approached the library the crowds thinned giving James room to slide off of Cilia and walk besides Alaya. "I figured," He chuckled, "I've never been to Darak'i though, it seems like such an interesting city, but being a Liger Keeper, I tend to stay away from there." He chuckled at the thoughts of walking through the desert city with Cilia by his side. A cat in a pack of dogs was what that would look like, and was a very bad idea indeed, James didn't want to put his life in danger, and certainly didn't want to risk Cilia's life.

"I'm from a little town in Celtlands." He said answering her question. Part of his heart turned and ached, he hadn't been home in forever, and he was actually going to visit when he got the call that he needed to stop in Alabaster to figure out what was going on with the rumors of the darkness. Glancing at the girl he wondered why she was at the library as well, or in the city for that matter. It was strange for Dires to move alone. "Out of curiosity, what are you doing in Alabaster?"

Glancing over her shoulder Avalon gave him a playful frown before turning back to admire the view. Certainly the girl was slightly scared from being so high up, but with a firm hand around her waste and her small feet in the stirrups she felt a lot safer. Listening to him as she looked at the city she nodded. "Oh I explored the markets enough, how do you think I got that little guy." She laughed pointing to Selven who was still following behind faithfully, Avalon couldn't have guess that he was that good at flying.

"Besides." She continued, her green eyes focused on the white library underneath them, she could just make out the little people moving along the steps with creatures flapping around them and at their sides. "Meeting people is always fun, especially if they aren't those upperclass pigs." She glance back to see Cayen's expression and she spoke.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby Saren » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Absolutely fine with me :) by the way, my third-last exam is tomorrow, so I'll probably be on quite a bit more when they're all done.

Without really thinking it through, Alaya shrugged and said, "Maybe I'll take you there one day." At Raki's mental, incredulous laugh, she reconsidered. "Oh, um. Maybe not, actually." She thought about the residents of Darak'i, both human and animal, and shuddered at the image of a liger keeper walking into the city, cat at his side. Stray cats and dogs (of which there were more than a few in the worse parts of the city) were largely left alone, but a liger- especially with a Keeper attached- were a different matter altogether.

"Ah, the Celtlands. I've been there once; didn't like it much. A bit cold for my taste; but then again, so are most places outside of the desert." She reflected on her brief visit there; she hadn't liked the rain, or the general mentality of the inhabitants, so she'd disposed of the target quickly. Perhaps a little more sloppily than usual- they noticed his absence only a few hours after she'd left- but it was worth it. Alabaster was much more to her taste. Speaking of which, James wanted to know why she'd come to this city. She considered how to answer; tell him she was an assassin, or lead him off track with a lie? After a moment, she knew what to say.
"Prostitution. The opportunities here are much better, and a lot of clients like the more... Exotic types." she said matter-of-factly. Well, it wasn't completely a lie. She did do house calls, of a sort.
"And what about you?"

Cayen chuckled at Avalon's sassy remark and pursued the topic no further- although he did wonder how she had managed to buy a drake- or, the more likely option, an egg- and hide it from her family for all this time. The castle was quite big, but a growing drake was difficult to hide- he knew from experience. Elsyl had been discovered by Cayen's brother even before she hatched, and it had taken several coins as a bribe to keep his mouth shut.

Frankly, Cayen was surprised at how Avalon referred to the upper class. She seemed rather sophisticated herself- although he could see why she felt that way. He had been a private guard to several high-class citizens in the past, and was treated with respect by only one. Feeling that he should say something in response, he replied with "Oh? What makes you say that?"
Always open to trades! Currently seeking: recent event outcomes and monthly releases.
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

{Okay cool! And congratulations, it was today- since I'm responding late- so yay!! You're all done! Also, I love Alaya, she is simply marvelous!}

James chuckled at her response, yes Darak'i had always been a place he wanted to visit, but with Cilia now tagging along, that wasn't much of an option anymore. Even just the thought of being completely surrounded by direwolves and direwardens sent chills up James' arm. It wasn't a pleasant feeling, nor was it a good thought and from what James could feel coming from Cilia, the large feline wasn't found of the idea either. "Yeah. I don't think that would be such a good idea. For me or for Cilia." he patted the cat's star-like fur, his hand running through it for a second before dropping to his side.

Now, Alaya's response for his second question surprised him. I would have never thought her the type. He realized, but now she seemed to shine in a second light, he hoped she didn't think he'd be her next costumer. He could feel the chuckle and laugh-like vibes that rolled off of Cilia after hearing the girl's comment. What did I tell you? She purred, her tail flicking. A street rat, a piece of dung. This is why you listen to the Liger, they are always right! James only rolled his eyes in response to the cat. But Alaya, how would he respond to her. "I see..." he said choosing his words carefully, so he didn't sound judgmental since honestly he didn't really care, as long as he wasn't involved. "I haven't meant someone in that profession before..."

Avalon leaned back against Cayen as she watched the world go by under them. She chuckled at his comment and let out a small breath. "I've felt rather trapped most of my life, you see?" She didn't want to make her life a sob story, she had everything she had ever wanted, and everything she needed. Honestly, the girl knew she was spoiled rotten, there was no denying that. No, Avalon was happy with her life, she just wanted her parents to loosen up a bit. "Being tolled what to dress, how to look, and now with marriage right around the corner it scares me. I want to choose something in my life, which I guess is how I got Selven."

Avalon sighed and glanced back at the man who was with her. Someone she didn't know, never talked to, yet at the moment trusted with her entire being and she wasn't quite she why. "Okay this is going to be very cheesy so brace yourself." She took a breath before continuing, "I just want an adventure. One, that's all I ask. You seem like someone who goes on adventures. So I'm taking my chances with you." She smirked slightly before looking down towards the earth once more.

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

SkieNight

Postby Saren » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:41 pm

((Ah, it was my third last one- last one was today, haha :) so far all As, except for art written which was an A/B but would usually be an A, so I'm pretty pleased :) sorry for the slow reply! Also, Alaya and Raki are becoming proper, official Eldemore characters in the Companionship Index <3))

Sensing the waves of condescension and amusement rolling off of the liger, Raki snarled and leapt for her. "Raki!" said Alaya sharply, and grasped his scruff before he could get to the liger. But he was strong, and pulled her off her feet, making her fall heavily into James yet again. He slipped from her grasp and stood before the liger, bristling and snarling. She far outsized and outweighed him, but with his hackles up and his teeth bared in a feral growl, even Alaya was concerned for the larger beast's health.

"Raki, here." she commanded. He didn't move. "Now."

With a final snarl directed at Cilia, Raki stalked off towards Alaya. "I promise I'm not falling into you on purpose," she said to James, trying to lighten the mood a little. With Raki still fuming at her side, she placed a hand on his shoulder once more, and tightened her fingers around his fur. He understood, and pushed his head into her as an apology, but still glared at the liger.

Cayen nodded silently, forgetting that she could not see him. He had spent his life doing what he was told to do by others, but that was a career choice, not a life he was forced into. Her mention of marriage, for some reason, made his face heat up. "Oh?" he said, cooly. "Is there a fiancée I should know about before I start wanting to kiss you?" This last part was intended as a joke, but he wasn't entirely sure how it had come off.

At her next statement, his stomach leapt. "As a matter of fact, I am at this very moment going to the library to meet some people. And then we will be going on an... Adventure, as you put it. Would that interest you at all?" In his head, he was already working out travel plans. Avalon could ride with him on Elsyl, the Liger Keeper would probably just ride their liger, and the Direwarden would most likely hire a horse, or something. Despite himself, Cayen was getting very excited at the prospect of bringing Avalon with him.
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:53 pm

{Don't worry about it. The bump was more of a reminder then anything really. And congratulations! Those are nice letters, or number, or whatever. And yay! Hopefully I'll finish James' form and he'll be up there shortly.}

The world seemed to freeze for a second, then everything sped up twice as fast and James was lost in the confusion. The direwolf lunged towards Cilia, who being almost twice as large, barely flinched at the canine's movement. In an instant the crest on her neck spiked, and her large claws unsheathed. The dark female let out a loud hiss, her fur standing on edge. James had made a move to try to get between them but soon found Alaya in his arms once more, and he wasn't just about to let the young woman fall.

Chuckling at her comment he helped her regain her footing. "Don't worry. I think you'd have made it a lot more dramatic if you were trying." Finally freeing himself of the girl, though she wasn't a barren, just more a thing holding him back, he stood in front of Cilia. "Don't even." He said facing the cat, he wasn't too worried about Raki, he trusted Alaya to handle him. Cilia said nothing, just glared at him through dark eye. "This was your fault, so you can say nothing."

Avalon's eyes were still plastered on the city below. She only looked up when he spoke. She could feel her face and neck heat up slightly at his comment but she simply chuckled it off. "Trust me, if there was my father would have me under lock and key." She offered him a light smile before looking forward once more, he emerald eyes taking in the scene. She listened as she spoke and suddenly she saw it. She was going on an adventure. She knew it. Whether Cyen wanted her or not was out of the question, she was going.

"Are you kidding me! I'd love to go!" She said, there was no hiding her excitement. "This is great! Yes!" She looked back down at the city. It was all she ever knew and now she was leaving. She had no sense of loss, only exsitment, she'd finally get to see Eldemore in all its glory. "So what are we doing on this 'adventure?'" She asked, she needed to know everything, everything and anything.

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Postby Saren » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:07 pm

I'm sorry for disappearing! I was planning on replying on Sunday but we went on holiday on Monday and I had to pack. Just got back <3
But while I was away I was thinking about ideal partners for Alaya... And to be quite honest I think she'd go for a sexy Scandinavian boy (or girlie!)
I just love that typical Scandinavian beard. <3

Alaya chuckled slightly, hand still buried firmly in Raki's scruff. They had come to a halt outside the library, and she glanced up the steps. Looking at the clock tower in the centre of the small square, she pursed her lips. She still had a good half an hour before she was due to meet here, and she wasn't going to just stand around until the Rune Bearer showed up. Besides, there were still things she needed to buy- or steal. And hadn't James said he wanted to do some reading?

"I'm going to browse the marketplace. I could do with a few more knives, and I still need to buy some meat and a waterskin." After a quick smile at James, she turned and began to push into the crowd. "I'll see you later!" she called over her shoulder as the mass of people seemed to swallow the boy. Smiling softly to herself, she turned back and made her way to the makeshift stalls that had been erected throughout the square.

Cayen chuckled at her enthusiasm. His arms tightened slightly as she moved about with excitement, and he laughed. "Calm down! Calm down. It's nothing huge. Just, you know, saving Eldemore." he replied lightly. He considered keeping the full truth from her, but seeing as she would be coming anyway there wasn't much point in keeping secrets.

"We're actually going to find and stop the Ancient who's been causing trouble in the North. It's a pretty elite team,, I'm told, but you can stay with me for the travelling part. And when we find the Ancient, you can hide somewhere to avoid the fighting."

He could hear the protective tone in his voice, but decided to ignore it. A lifetime of protectjng those of Avalon's social standing had taught him that in general, the rich would not be a great help in battle.
Saren

Postby SkieNight » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 pm

{Don't worry about replying. I understand, just take your time and reply when you can. As for Alaya, do what ever you want, she's your characters... though now that you mention it I can see her with a Scandinavian...}

James made sure of keep firm ground between the dire and warden and Cilia. He could feel the cat's glare on his back as he stood in front of her, not allowing her to throw herself towards the dog. His eyes scanned over the city and rose up to the clock tower. They had half and hour, that should have been enough time to find the two books he needed and meet back here. He looked back at Alaya, and was about the tell the girl that he was going to go on inside and find something, but she was all ready speaking and starting down the stairs.

"Sounds like a plan." he said turning and pushing through the warn oaken doors. James' eyes glanced over the interior of the library. Two open levels, with books stacked upon books. It was brilliant, and even though James had spent countless hours in here he never tired of it. Cilia, he said as the two walked away from the doors, heading more to the central area. I'm going to find The Book of Ancients, I know where it is. Do you think that you could find the other one? It should be in the lore and history of Eldemore section. The cat gave a small nod and started for the back of the library, I'll meet you outside when I find it. She said, her voice echoing through his mind.

James started off, his eyes scanning the bookshelves as he went. The book that he wanted was somewhere in this section, all he had to do was find it. He past self after self only stopping a few times to glance over books that he had never seen before. He made a mental note to read them later and started off again. He had to find the book. Who knew, it could hold the answer to saving Eld.

Avalon tired to sit still, but it was hard. Excitement flooded through her veins. She felt like a little kid going to their first Festival of Lights, and seeing all the glass and colors for the first time. She tired to listen to what Cayen would say though her mind would trail off at times. Ancients and the north? She had never been to the north, well she hadn't really been out of the city, she had gone to SilverPort a few times, and the Oriental Islands once, but that was it. She had a good feeling about Cayen when he landed in her gardens, not just because he was very attractive, but because he just seemed like a traveler. It was just her luck that the first Rune Drake she hopped on lead her to adventure.

She smiled at his last comment, he sounded like a big broth who didn't want his baby sister to get hurt. "Or you could train me to fight so I wouldn't have to hide?" she said leaning back on him slightly and turning her head so she could look him in the eye. "I promise I won't get this the way. Don't worry, I'll stay out for trouble!" She offered him a large smile, her green eyes bright with energy. Her hair whipped around, but if it ever came and got in either her face of Cayen's she'd flick it away with a dainty flick of her wrist. "Well? Can I? Will you teach me to fight?"

~MisterWives

SkieNight

Previous

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's