A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Postby Scyanatha » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am

(( Augh... *rises from the dead* Sorry I haven't replied for so long; real life and other stuff happened. BUT I'm alive and kickin'! ))

Dancing around the direwolf as he tried to get within reach while avoiding its attacks, Romios caught a glimpse of Boomer and his griffin. What struck him as odd was not that they seemed furious, but that they seemed furious at him; they looked ready to attack him. Or maybe that was just his imagination; after all, he had to focus on the direwolf and had not really paid attention to them. And he could definitely use some help here. Even though it was almost as large as a griffin, the direwolf was very quick and agile, and it was all he could do to avoid the snarling jaws and slashing claws. Not to mention it sent saliva flying everywhere, and some of it had landed on his face, almost in his eyes. Wiping it off with his sleeve, he chanced a look at Boomer and Cupid.

"What are you doing? I could use some help here! Pick up your weapon and kill this wolf already, I can't keep it distracted forever!" Even before he was finished speaking, he was forced to return his attention to the direwolf when it lunged at him again. It wouldn't be long until the constant movement would start to to tire him out; he was too used to getting quick and clean kills and his stamina was admittedly not what it should be.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Boomer continued to glare at Romios as the other avian tussled with the giant wolf. Feathers and clods of dirt were sent flying through the air as the avian dodged the lunges and snaps. Seeing the two of them chase each other, the big prairie griffin stuck out his lower lip in a pout, and crossed his arms angrily, looking for all the world like an upset fledgeling. The dire wolf rolled dangerously close to him as he stood pouting, but took no more notice then if Boomer had been an inanimate tree or boulder. The big wolf simply ignored the prairie chicken avian and his griffin and charged back at Romios. Cupid panted happily as he watched the fight, hopping from foot to foot with excitement and his eyes bright with bloodlust. Cupid always was one for a bit of bloodsport. Boomer could hear through their connection a lot of 'Ows!' and 'Ahs!' and 'Get 'im!'s coming from his griffin, although he wasn't sure who exactly the cries were in sympathy with, Romios or the dire.

It would've been an entertaining match if circumstances were different. Romios was quick on his feet – much quicker then a prairie chicken avian to be sure, easily thwarting the dire wolf's every attempt at attack. But the dire wolf was surprisingly agile for something so big. The wolf also had teeth. Teeth definitely upped the drama of the whole thing. If he wasn't so mad at him, Boomer would probably have lent the two of them a short round of applause. They were quite good both seeming to float and dance like a mismatched pair of sparring ballerinas. But he was still a bit miffed. Arms still crossed, Boomer addressed the struggling jay avian, “What's the big idea shooting at us, huh?” Even to his own ears he sounded petulant. I should just let it go and let him have this fight, Boomer thought, then shook himself. But no! He shot at us! Romios was being most unsporting. “You know, I'm not fully convinced you aren't some sort of pirate or cannibal yourself – going around shooting at honest folk just trying to avoid being some big doggy's chew bone. If you didn't want me to beat up your wolf, you could've just said so.”

The dire slashed aggressively at Romios, and the other avian started yelling something at him about weapons and distractions. Boomer wasn't really paying attention at first, he was about to add “and another thing” when Romios words finally caught up in his brain, and his tirade was brought to a stuttering halt. He cocked his head. “Kill it? Why would you want me to kill it? Aren't you having fun playing with it?” Killing it seemed somewhat... unsportsmanlike to Boomer's mind. What honor was there in defeating an opponent that was dead? A dead wolf wouldn't give them much of a fight. Besides Romios was holding his own quite well.

He looked at Cupid, and the griffin shrugged his wings. 'Perhaps they eat creatures like this one down here.'

“Oooh.” That made sense. Romios did look like he could use an extra meal or two. And his mothers had always told Boomer to never play with his food – Romios probably thought he was being quite silly. Turning a shade redder, Boomer cast about for his stave. He spotted it on the ground ahead of him, right in the center of the fray, being kicked and trampled under the dire's massive paws. Somehow he didn't think it would serve too well as a killing weapon; the most damage it could probably wreck was in dealing some serious welts and bruises, but that was what they had to work with. Pointing it out to Romios, he shouted, “I have my stick! Will that do?”

(Hooray for being alive and kickin'! ^^ No worries about that. I'm trying to work on writing a bit more, so hopefully you enjoy Boomer being a bit... featherbrained. XD)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Tue May 30, 2017 11:45 am

((Again, I apologize for being MIA. My studies have gone to oblivion (as if they hadn't already four years ago) and I've decided to finally quit them, take a year away from uni, and determine where my interests really lie (though I have already narrowed it down to two things I could study next instead of Biology: English Language & Culture, or History/Archaeology) - but that also means that I now need to find a job for one year and a new place to live before I get kicked out of my student apartment...
Anyway, I sorely needed a break from all that, so here's a new post - finally!))

"What?" Romios was taken aback by Boomer's question, causing him to almost trip over a stray stick in his surprise. He fumbled momentarily, flaring out his wings as he regained his footing. "Shoot at you? That arrow was meant for this-" he paused, narrowly dodging a savage claw swipe from the dire wolf, "-this direwolf here. Can't you see that it means to-" he paused again as he jumped over the dire's back to get away from its snapping jaws, "-it means to kill us both for dinner!" Romios' breath was coming quick, but it seemed like the great dire was finally starting to tire as well. It was still quick and agile, but when it spun around to face him once again, Romios could tell that it wasn't moving quite as fast as before. Still, he couldn't afford to let his guard down.

Then, it seemed as if his previous words finally caught up with the other avian. Not that it helped much - if anything, it seemed to confuse Boomer even further, sputtering something about having fun and playing. Romios shook his head, wondering how the prairie chicken could possibly have missed the murderous intent in the dire wolf's eyes, pose, everything.

Moments later, he heard Boomer shout, asking if his stick would do. Romios looked around, only to see Boomer pointing at the dire wolf - or rather, something beneath its feet. It was the stick he had tripped over earlier. Resisting the urge to face-palm, he shouted back.
"If you hit hard enough, it should do fine!"
Luring the dire wolf away from the stave wasn't too difficult. As soon as Romios moved away, the wolf lunged after him. Dodging the great beast, he leaped towards the stave, kicking it in Boomer's direction so the other avian could pick it up... and slipped when his other foot landed on a smooth stone slick with blood and direwolf saliva. He tried to regain his balance, but the direwolf leaped at him, its heavy paws pinning him to the ground, its fangs snapping inches away from Romios' throat. He really regretted choosing single-edged blades now: he had not reversed his grip when he crossed them to block the beast's jaws, and the sharpened edges faced not the beast, but himself.

Damn it. This is quite a troublesome situation.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:11 am

Boomer stuttered. Why was Romios angry with him? “Well... then - you have horrible aim!” he squawked, his neck sacs swelling in agitation. He hadn't done anything to upset the other avian. Had he? Boomer quickly thought back, then shook his feathered head – even if he had, he hadn't shot an arrow at the jay. “Really, shooting an arrow in the middle of the fight? I feel like that has to be 'How to Lose an Eye' lesson number one. I'm not totally convinced you're not a pirate or a cannibal. Am I right, Cupid?”

Cupid snorted. 'I have feeling we're not dealing with the brightest of candles here, Boomer' the griffin admitted, eying Romios up and down. The jay avian was flailing and hopping and lunging about like he was trying to attract the wolf as a mate. It didn't look like it was working out very well.

“Ooooh.” Boomer nodded sagely.

'I don't think he's a cannibal. If he is, he's a horrible cannibal – neither of us have been eaten yet. He's probably just a little slow. Cupid considered. Or maybe he's trying to watch his fat intake.

Boomer shot a grimace at the griffin. “Hey! That's not fat - I'm just aerodynamic! Like a chillawing.” A stick came skittering across the ground to interrupt their conversation. “Stick!” He grinned as he swooped down to retrieve it. “I got the stick!” he shouted in triumph. “I still think three-on-one is unfair, but let's get to it, Cupid.” The griffin gave a 'boom' of delight. The avian twirled his stave in his fingers, and charged forward with a thunderous cry of his own, just as Romios went down.

With nary a shadow of hesitation, Boomer leapt to the jay's side, and thrust the stick between the dire's jaws. Teeth clamped down on wood, instead of Romios' neck, producing a sickening sound. Premolars sinking into the hard wood, the dire jerked back in surprise, taking the stick and nearly Boomer's whole arm with him. The prairie chicken avian yelped as he was yanked forward, but his grip on the wood remained firm. Boomer did the only thing he could think to do – he yanked back – stepping on Romios in the process - “Sorry!”

The dire wolf threw his head around wildly, and Boomer thought for sure that his arm was going to be wrenched from it's socket. The dire wolf however grew tired of the game once he realized his new adversary wasn't bleeding. The beast spat out the stick. The sudden release caused Boomer to over balance and he fell backward on his rump with an “oof!” The dire leveled it's sickly yellow gaze on this other threat. Boomer barely had time to raise his stave to fend off the new attack before the beast lunged.

Cupid met the wolf in mid-spring, the griffin slamming into his side. His feathers were all fluffed out, and his neck sacs inflated making him look enormous, and also slightly ridiculous – but most of all, quite intimidating. It made Boomer's heart swell with pride to see his bondmate, his family's emblem griffin in all his fierce and fluffy glory. Filled with new confidence, Boomer leapt to his feet, casting an eye to Romios. He grinned widely at the other avian, as he flourished his stave and readied himself for another charge into the fray.

Had way too much fun writing this... XP
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Previous

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's