A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: A Wild Griffin Chase (1x1 Scyanatha & Silverhart)

Postby Scyanatha » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:27 pm

No worries! Take all the time you need~ ♥
Also, short reply is short because Romios literally has no idea how to deal with Boomer. xD

Having steadied himself now that the branch was still, Sylph showed absolutely no intention of coming down from his perch. His head atilt as he stared down at the strangers, he snickered quietly when the griffin pulled his wing free and sent the Avian tumbling into the mulch once again.

Wincing slightly at the loud, booming 'greeting', Romios replied as sweetly as he could. "Hey now sweetie, I'm not deaf." He chuckled softly at the stranger's exaggerated enunciation of each word, but the honeyed tones of his voice took on a sharp edge as he continued, clearly not pleased that someone who seemed to be a lunatic would think him slow. "Sylph and I were just taking a well-deserved break after our flight down from the Sky Isles when you so graciously interrupted us. I most definitely do not live here."
When the stranger asked him if he'd seen a stick lying around, he raised a brow, giving a short, deep guffaw. "A stick? Sweetheart, we're in the forest here. I would be blind if I hadn't seen any sticks lying around." Without so much as a glance, he pointed a wing towards a nearby bush as he continued, a more polite tone to his voice this time. "But, I did see your staff landing in that bush, mister...?" His voice trailed off questioningly; somehow, he still held the hope that the stranger might introduce himself and his companion.
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage
♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♥
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:24 am

(Boomer tends to have that effect, yes. XD)

"Oh." Boomer tilted his head to the side, slightly disappointed to learn this avian wasn't a native of the area. He squinted at him, trying to see if he recognized the individual, but no. He looked vaguely familiar, but then most Houses all looked vaguely similar to one another. "Are you absolutely sure you don't live here?" It never hurt to double check things. And sometimes even triple check.

When the stranger casually waved his hand at a random bush, Boomer dove into it with gusto, before the other had even finished speaking. He crashed into it as if the vegetation had willfully and maliciously absconded with his precious stick, and wrestled it free of the thorny branches. He was pricked and poked for his troubles, but the bush suffered far more then he, by the looks of it. Twigs went flying as he heaved his staff out of it, and held it up. "Thank you!" he boomed.

The prairie chicken avian turned to his fellow, and beamed at him. "Boomer!" He said in answer to the trailing question. "And that there's Cupid." Cupid ruffled his feathers and hissed at the stranger, brown eyes glaring. He clacked his beak threateningly at the tall avian. Boomer set his short staff down on the ground and leaned on it heavily. He hadn't exactly been expecting to run into any avians down here. Well, except the one he was looking for. This tall stranger couldn't be them though. No, the description had been very clear - Boomer was looking for an exile, not a Skyrealms resident. But that begged another question. "And what in Zephyr's name brings you down here, bucko? Cannibals? Pirates? Dragons? All three?" He grinned in anticipation of the adventure any one of those three might bring.

'Boomer!' Cupid hissed to him. 'Stop being nice to him. He's a suspect!'

Of... what?

'Of something suspicious! No avian in their right mind would come down here all alone! What's he up to?'

Well... we came here alone...

Cupid gave a snort, and continued to glare warningly at the other avian, as if he could frighten him away by staring at him long enough.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm

"Yes, I'm absolutely certain that I don't live down here." Romios raised his brow when the stranger attacked the bush he had just indicated, watching with mild amusement as the stranger all but subtly removed his staff from the thorny branches. Unable to help himself, he chuckled softly. "That stick must be quite precious to you." He couldn't tell if the stranger had heard his words, as busy as they were, but it didn't matter.
When the stranger thanked him after finding the staff, Romios bowed briefly, a hint of amusement in his voice when he answered. "You're most welcome, darling."

Ignoring Cupid's glares when Boomer introduced himself and his griffin, Romios smiled. "Most pleased to meet you, sir Boomer. Romios Garrulus, at your service. And mister tall, dark and handsome over there," he gestured to the dark griffin which was still perched upon the broken branch, currently busying himself with grooming his feathers and seemingly bored with the entire situation, "is my dear friend, Sylph."
Hearing his name, the dark griffin momentarily paused his grooming, looking down towards the pair of prairie chickens with an intense gaze, only acknowledging them with a brief nod. Did you really have to tell them my name too?
Romios glanced up at the dark sky lion, chuckling softly. This 'Boomer' also introduced his friend, so it wouldn't be very polite not to introduce you don't you think, sweethart?
Whatever. Sylph huffed, returning his attention to his feathers.

"Please, forgive my friend's behaviour. He's not too fond of making the descent to the Below. I'm sure he will be more cheerful later." Romios laughed softly at Boomer's question, shaking his head at the excitement about cannibals, pirates, and dragons. "Griffins. Lord Haliastur sent me to look for wild griffins. Not for pirates or dragons, unfortunately. Speaking of which, what brings you all the way down here?" he added, curiously examining the Prairie Chicken Avian. Of the impressions the short, bulky Avian gave him, none of them so far had been 'experienced warrior'. Logically, this man shouldn't even have been allowed to come down here...
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 am

"What, this? No... it's just a normal short staff," Boomer explained very carefully to the other avian. He held it out for the other's inspection, turning it about to showcase it's utter plainness. "See? I've a dozen more back home." Twisting his wrist Boomer attempted to twirl the staff dashingly, but only managed to drop it. He leapt away just in time to avoid it's falling on his foot. "I'm usually better at that." Why when I think about doing it, I always mess it up? Boomer thought as he bent to reclaim his stick. Straightening he flashed an unembarrassed grin at the other as if to say: I meant to do that.

He nodded pleasantly at the stranger's introduction, knuckling his brow towards the dark griffin in salute. "Romios Garrulus," Boomer pronounced, drawing out the 's's. The House name was familiar. He couldn't remember what from, but just the mention of a vaguely familiar name made him immediately feel much more chummy to the stranger. A true, blue Skyrealmer - his wing feathers even had a fetching streak of cerulean in them - here in the middle of nowhere! What were the odds? As soon as he asked what he was there for however, Boomer's expression fell.

"Oh. Uh..." He glanced down at his talons and scratched at the dirt there. Boomer had always been a horrible liar. Why was he looking for a lie anyway? That wasn't the way to introduce yourself, but it wasn't as if he could tell this stranger the truth of his super, secret message. He cleared his throat, trying to sound official. "That's classified. But I am meant to be here," he added quickly. "Right Cupid?" The griffin gave an affirmative snort. "So you don't have to tell anyone about my being here. Especially Lord Haliastur." That sounded even more suspicious now that he said it out loud. "I mean - it's not anything important - you could probably still tell him. It wouldn't matter. Just an errand for a friend. That's all." Cupid gave him a look and Boomer knew that he was putting his foot in it, repeatedly. For some reason his mouth couldn't stop though. "Uh - you're looking for griffins? Did the Skyrealms run out of them or something?" He gave a booming chuckle to hide his embarrassment.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:58 pm

(( Alright, sorry for the wait! ))

"Ah, I see." Romios' voice sounded quite disinterested, his attention instead focused on his own talons. Catching Boomer's grin, he half-heartedly smiled back, keeping the smile plastered onto his face during their introductions.
His newly sparked curiosity soon faded when the bulky Avian fidgeted about as he searched for an answer. One eyebrow kept climbing up his forehead as he listened to the nervous babbling, which was so obviously more lie than truth. Just as Romios was about to ascend into the tree to gather his bag and leave the fool behind, he heard him asking about his quest for griffins.

"Yes, indeed. And surely you know the answer to that yourself," he added. "Now, if you will excuse me, I have work to do." Come on, Sylph. We're leaving; this fool is wasting our time. Crouching down briefly before launching himself into the air with a powerful jump, he went from branch to branch until he reached the one where his bag was resting against the tree trunk. Barely pausing to snatch up his bag, he jumped once more, clearing the canopy and spreading his wings as the dark grey griffin followed him.

Finally. I was starting to wonder when we were going to leave. Let's go; I think I saw a few nests when I went hunting earlier. Follow me. Sylph banked to the side as he turned to follow the cliffs in the direction of a distant glitter which could only be a waterfall, his bonded catching up to fly beside him.

A few minutes later, Avian and Griffin landed on the banks of a small river, not far from the place where it thundered over the edge of the cliffs to a misty pond a hundred feet below. On the cliff face they had spotted several large rocky outcrops, most of which were occupied by gigantic griffin nests, but it seemed they were all abandoned at the moment. Not about to give up at the lack of presence of any wild griffins, Romios and Sylph found and set up camp in a naturally hidden shelter: a surprisingly spacious rock hollow, its entrance hidden by a dense bush. Leaving protection of their camp to Sylph for the rest of the day, Romios chose a dense bush on a rocky outcrop as his vantage point to keep watch over the empty griffin nests and the surrounding area, wrapping himself in a flecked green cloak to improve his chances of remaining undetected.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:54 pm

(No problem! This was a bit delayed as well. Been working on it for a while, but things kept coming up. Holiday craziness and all that. XP)

“Hey! Wait!” Boomer held a hand out to stop the other Avian, but it was too late. The other had taken off in a hurry, leaving the prairie chicken to stand, hand raised in stunned silence. He hadn't even gotten the chance to ask directions.

He heard a grunt from behind him, and turned to look at Cupid. 'Well, that was rude.' The griffin clacked his beak in displeasure.

“Did I say something to offend, Cupid?”

'No. He's probably just some curmudgeonly old hermit.' Cupid considered the shrinking figure winging away from them. 'Let's go trounce him. He's probably forgotten his manners hanging around down here, and needs a lesson in courtesy.' The griffin ruffled his barred feathers, the bright patch of his neck sac starting to show.

Boomer rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes narrowed. “He is acting somewhat suspicious...” It was a duty as a warrior to investigate any suspicious activity – granted, that only technically applied to the Skyrealms, but still. Cupid gave a booming whoop in agreement. Boomer's curiosity was gnawing at him. “But we do have a message to deliver. Let me see the map.” Cupid grumbled as Boomer fished in his packs.

The two of them soon took off, and began to circle about lazily, Cupid scanning the ground for movement, while Boomer tried to pick out any sort of landmark. Unfortunately, none of the coastlines seemed to match the ones of his map. Wait... maybe those were borders. Huh.

Cupid meanwhile kept his eye out for a dark griffin or his rude rider. Lazily he drifted over towards a waterfall, asking if Boomer could find it on his map. As they soared over a roosting cliff, a flutter of movement caught his eye, a spot of green that didn't belong in the otherwise empty landscape. His whoop of triumph startled Boomer and the map was flung skyward as his griffin plunged toward his quarry. They dove toward the rocky cliff face. Cupid flared his tail feathers, pulling his hind legs up to slam into what must be the other avian. There was a growl as Cupid slammed into his quarry, and the griffin reeled back in alarm. It wasn't Romios. It wasn't even his griffin. As the dire wolf lunged out at him Cupid leapt back with a startled cry, stumbling on the rocks. Boomer yelled in alarm. He'd never seen a creature like it before. It didn't have any wings! And it's feathers were – not very feather-like at all. It did have teeth though, and it snapped them at them in anger. Cupid backed away and hissed threateningly.

(Figured I'd throw in some action, so Romios can swoop in and save the day. XP)
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:05 pm

(( You can throw in anything you like, anytime you want~! n_n ))

From his hidden vantage point at the top of the cliffs, Romios quietly watched as the prairie chicken griffin lazily drifted in the direction of his hiding place, its rider examining a large piece of parchment which seemed to be a map. Having hoped that they would pass by without closer investigating the roosting cliffs and the waterfall, he groaned inwardly when Cupid seemed to take notice and dove in his direction. Bracing himself for impact, he looked up in surprise when the griffin soared right over the bush he had hidden himself in, crashing into something else nearby instead. Hearing an ominous growl followed by a startled cry and an alarmed shout, he turned and peered through the foliage to see the pair had crashed into...
A dire wolf.
And going by their reactions, they had never in their lives seen one before.
Running his hands over his body, he checked his weapons; a pair of throwing knives hidden into his bracers, a set of daggers in his boots, and a small crossbow at his belt. Opting for the crossbow, he quickly removed it from his belt before nocking the string and loading a single bolt into the groove. Even so, he couldn't properly aim at the dire wolf from his hiding place; two pairs of wings were blocking much of his view, and he didn't wish to harm the clueless Avian or his rude griffin if he could help it. Unfastening his cloak and leaving it behind in the bush to allow himself easier movement, he slipped out of the shrubs, going around the panicked griffin and rider until he had a clear shot at the dire wolf. Taking aim for one of its vital spots, he fired the bolt, hoping that it would embed itself into the creature's heart and kill it instantly.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:59 am

Boomer scrambled for his short stave, as Cupid hopped impatiently on his feet. The griffin was practically bouncing with anticipation and nervousness, trying to stay clear of the great dark beast. Fluffing up his feathers, Cupid bared his vibrant neck sacks, and thrummed a warning at the wolf. He stamped a foot and snorted.

“This wasn't on the map,” Boomer commented, readjusting his grip on the staff. He cocked an eyebrow at the strange creature. “Guess you wouldn't know where any Avians are, would you?” The dire wolf bared his teeth in response. The Avian shrugged – it had been worth asking at least. Then, at a signal from Boomer, Cupid lowered his head and charged.

There was a solid thud as Cupid rammed his skull into the direwolf, followed by a faint whistle. The whistle sounded familiar. Boomer instinctively ducked as an arrow nicked through his head feathers and shot through one of Cupid's secondaries. The bolt stole it's feather prize and pinned it to a tree. With a screech of surprise, Cupid danced away, flapping his wings wildly as he tried to regain his composure.

“Zephyr's zits! We're under fire! Get under cover, Cupid!” the griffin's rider bellowed, as he brandished his staff at shadows. “Cannibals and pirates!” Before the griffin could spring away, the dire wolf spun on the spot and lunged at them. With a shriek, Cupid reared back and slashed at the dire wolf with his talons in a flurry of feathers and fur.

Boomer's neck flared in oranges and gold as he yelled, “Show yourself, cowardly bowman! Or bow-woman. Or – whoever you are...”
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scyanatha » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:26 am

Romios swore loudly, dropping his crossbow back into its place at his belt while he quickly hid himself out of the other Avian's line of sight. Zephyr's feathers! Why must those two be so reckless?!
He'd had a good, clear aim at the dire wolf, but the other avian and his griffin had charged at the direwolf the moment his finger squeezed the trigger. He'd managed to yank his crossbow up and alter the path of his arrow so it wouldn't hit the griffin, but if the other Avian hadn't ducked just in time, he might have been seriously injured... or worse. With those two in the way, I don't think even the Rangers' best sharpshooters could kill that direwolf without injuring anyone else. It wasn't long until Romios heard Boomer's demand that he show himself, and he sighed. I swear, he's so quick to assume the worst. Then again... if you're an idiot and a warrior, you probably won't survive long if you don't.

In a few smooth movements, Romios secured his crossbow in place and drew a pair of short blades instead, barely longer than his forearms. Reversing his grip on the blade in his left hand so that the blunt edge rested against his forearm, he peered out from his hiding place, looking towards where the other Avian and his griffin were still fending off the direwolf, their inexperience when it came to species not present in the Skyrealms leaving them dangerously open to this direwolf which was more used to fighting on the ground - and had fought griffins before, from the looks of it.
I need to get closer. If I attack from a distance again, I don't know what might happen.

Closing the distance was easy enough - he had managed to get within a few metres from the fighting trio and downwind from the direwolf - but finding an opportunity to insert himself into the fight without antagonizing the other Avian or his griffin was less so. For a moment, he tried to observe any patterns in the way the three fought, but quickly gave up; their behavior was erratic and unpredictable at best. Preparing himself to jump in and deal with whatever happened as it happened, he noticed the griffin wavering for a moment, leaving an opening which the direwolf also noticed.
Leaping towards the attacking direwolf, Romios let out a shrill alarm cry. "Watch out!" Pinning his own wings against his back as he collided with the wild creature, he threw it off-balance, diverting its attention towards himself. When the direwolf twisted around, its jaws snapping dangerously close to his face, he quickly leaped back, readying his blades for the direwolf which now came lunging towards him.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scyanatha

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:07 am

The fight looked vicious and savage – griffin and dire wolf tearing at each other in a wild blur, but they inflicted only superficial wounds, before springing away again. It was a preliminary dance to the real fight – both creatures sizing the other up. Tufts of feathers and fur drifted through the air like flakes of ashes, but other then a few angry red scratches, no blood had yet to be spilled. That would all change quickly however.

Cupid's tongue bobbed in and out of his mouth in furious excitement as he danced back on his heels, circling the wolf, looking for an opening. The air seemed charged with energy, like a band stretched to the brink of snapping. Boomer's sides tingled with the feel of it like electricity. He would swear his feathers were standing on end. Annoyed as he was at the cowardly attack aimed at them, he had to focus on the task at hand. Focus, Boomer! That's what his captain was always pounding into his head, again, and again. It was proving a bit hard to focus however when someone unseen was shooting at you. He found himself stealing glances left and right, looking for places where the attack could have come from. And so he was taken off guard when Cupid rushed the wolf again.

Another wild scuffle followed, Cupid latching onto the wolf's heavy neck. The dire wolf snarled and bucked. With surprising ease the beast managed to shove off Cupid. Griffin and avian were thrown to the dirt with a loud thud. Boomer rolled quickly to avoid being crushed under his own saddle. He came up in a crouch trembling with the fever of battle.

Just before the dire could pin Cupid there was a cry of “Watch out!” Boomer looked up, following the dire wolf's gaze in time to see a figure dash out from the undergrowth. Snapping furiously the dire wolf launched itself at this newcomer. Leaping to his feet with practice grace (he was not unused to be thrown to the ground) Boomer saw it was the avian from before - Romios. Boomer's neck sacs swelled in agitation. Was the other avian trying to steal this fight out from under him? Cupid scrambled upright beside him, his feathers all fluffed out with rage and looking for a fight.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

PreviousNext

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's