Trapped (Scar & SkieNight)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Trapped (Scar & SkieNight)

Postby SkieNight » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:37 am

Behind unmarked doors is a lab. Hidden deep in that lab are creations, part animal part human, created by scientists who, one day, hope to change the world.
This is a story of one such "creation" and one such scientist.

~Cast of Characters~
Dr. Fabian Lorenz - Scientist
Serenity - Creation (horse)
Xavier - Creation (snake)
Simon Dunbar- Scientist
Elizabeth Atkinson - Lab Assistant/Intern
Kyla Rains- Creation (faliure)
SkieNight

Skie's Characters

Postby SkieNight » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Last edited by SkieNight on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SkieNight

Re: Trapped (Scar & SkieNight)

Postby SkieNight » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:18 pm

When Fabian had explained the experiment he had expected disbelief, that was a natural reaction to something new, what he hadn't considered was having to physically prove himself. Once Dr. Dunbar voiced his doubts and began belittling Fabian and his experiments it was only a few minutes before others joined in as well. This of course sparked a rather heated debate over whether or not any of his data was real and accurate - which it was thank you very much - and forced Dr. Fonda to raise her voice to quiet all of them, something she clearly hated having to do. From the side of the room, wide brown eyes watched Dr. Lorenz from behind rounded glasses. And the intern wasn't the only one, other members glanced across the table, probably expecting something. Fabian simply nodded and sat himself back down, perching at the end of his chair.

"Dr. Dunbar is right, words are empty things filled only with meanings we were each grown up accepting. I can show her to you, if you wish." Fifteen minutes of grumbling later, a line of scientists slipped into the Storage Room and paraded themselves through one of the far left aisles to stand around a small cage in which something sat that was neither human nor horse. Fabian found himself instructing the others to speak softly and leave a wide space around the cage. After a minute, most of his colleges left; they had seen everything they needed to and decided that further arguing was, in fact, no worth it because Dr. Lorenz had been telling the truth. His machine worked.

Dr. Fonda stayed behind as did the curly-haired intern who looked two steps away from fainting right there in the middle of the Storage Room. Fabian pulled his eyes away, doing his best not to roll them, and turned his attention back to his director. "Well, here she is."

"Here she is," Dr. Fonda parroted, peering at the girl. "You certainly did something, Dr. Lorenz, the question is could you replicate it?" He wouldn't be lying if he said he had been wondering the same thing. "You mentioned that your machine amplified her DNA. If we were to give you another experiment, do you think you could do the same thing?"

"It couldn't hurt to try."

If Dr. Fonda was pleased with that answer she showed no signs of it. The only expression she wore in the Storage Room was that of silent discomfort. She glanced at the experiment once more before pulling her eyes away, she never did look at them for too long. "Dr. Dunbar, I have a proposal. I would like you to give your project to Dr. Lorenz in order for him to test if that... machine of his truly works. We will give you another experiment in the mean time, if that is alright with you?"
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:16 am

Wallowing in the dispute caused by his disagreement with the young scientist's bold claim, Simon's face harbored a smile of cocky triumphant. However, that smile gradually began to fade away as the young scientist appeared unfazed by his words or the words of anybody else, if not anticipating this sort of upheaval.
Feeling a bitter taste coat his tongue, Simon's expression wrinkled up in disdain and defiance, refusing to accept the other's coolly-laced words but inevitably tagged along with tightly crossed arms.

With arms outstretched and spine arching back, Serenity yawned and soon relaxed from stretching her stiff muscles. She wasn't sure how long she had been asleep or even what time it was, automatically assuming that it was fairly late in the day. Or maybe it wasn't. Once more, she couldn't be sure.
Stretching back one of her legs, Serenity soon situating herself carefully into a sitting position that was comfortable enough for her to bear. An ear suddenly flicked back, attention caught at the sound of footfalls. At first, she didn't think much of it until noticing how many there were. Focusing her eyes towards the door curiously just as it opened, flooding the room with a blinding light that no doubt stunned her. Causing her to cringe and welded her eyes shut in reaction. Squinting her eyes until they adjusted, all she saw was shadows. Many shadows and the footfalls louder than before.

Simon grumbled to himself under his breath as they walked, growing quiet and impatient once they entered the Storage Room but oh how he grew even quieter upon reaching their destination. It was almost unbelievable. For sure it was certainly a moment where anyone would order Simon to eat his words.
All he could do was stare. Anger boiling within him as it was supposed to be him that uncovered the grand discover of success... he had been so close. But just like that, it was taken away and that infuriated him. No matter how fascinating this experiment looked, he refused to apologize and give credit.

It wasn't until her eyes adjusted to the dramatic mix of light and dark could she see faces in the dark, their backs drenched with light. It was terrifying to behold from her perspective but it was the fact she couldn't see their staring, judging faces that really shook her.
Ears flattening back, her wide eyes display a level of fear that was neither human or animal, but somewhere in between. A weak, shaky inhuman squeak emitted from her and her eyes glassed over with a wall of tears as she trembled. Wanting nothing more but to disappear into the darkness of her cage, wanting to get away from their eyes. She never liked to be the center of attention, it frightened her and the fact that a majority of them saw her as nothing more but an animal didn't help. Feeling more like a stupid, circus creature on display than anything.
Her sparkling eyes moved frantically, searching the shadowed faces desperately for familiarity... but she couldn't find it.

Tensing up, Simon looked hardly to Dr. Fonda, almost annoyed that she would ask. It was his project, his closest project to a success, the one that would have put his name in the books... Glancing away, restraining his lips from contorting into a snarl as he was about to flat-out refuse but then an idea sparked in his mind. The idea that would prove(fruitlessly) that this was all a farce and it would fail to work on his experiment.
Calming him almost instantaneously, this thought, before looking back with a blank look,"Hmph, very well." Oh, it was still clear he didn't want to do this and he denied himself to believe that this machine worked, judging by the rather condescending glare he had on Dr. Lorenz.

During the conversation, the frightened horse girl had silently rose up. Face pointing slightly down but her eyes focusing through the bars on a dark face whose voice she recognized. Her face was hard to read, hard to tell what she was feeling as she stared at him. Everything within her body screamed for her to try and flee, the struggle was visible, but she remained completely still. Waiting and watching.
Last edited by Scar on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scar

Postby SkieNight » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:16 pm

For the most part during the display, Fabian stood back, taking note of his co-workers' faces as they left. He didn't receive a word of praise. Though, he hasn't been expecting to. As much as they worked together, they were all competing for the Director's attention. Some would argue that Fabian had an unfair advantage. Fabian thought that he was simply using the cards he'd been dealt with. Even if they said nothing, their looks said it all: proud, confused, unbelieving. He'd done it, he'd come to closest to success out of all of them, now he had to do it again.

The young scientists turned to Dr. Dunbar. If there was one look that pleased him the most, it was watching that triumphant smile slide into a frown then settle into a glare. Fabian didn't grin in response - that would have been ridiculously foolish - but he allowed himself a moment when his chest swelled and dopamine flooded his system making everything brighter and making his mind a little messier. After a few seconds of feeling like a young child stepping into his mother's lab, he reined in the feeling and focused the energy the man and the woman beside him. Dr. Dunbar looked less than pleased at the request but agreed nonetheless. Fabian couldn't fault him on that, after all, it was near impossible to say no to Dr. Fonda. Having already allowed himself to feel bliss, Fabian looked between the two his seemingly unaffected gaze settling on Dr. Dunbar. "My lab is always open, just drop by before you send over the experiment. Also, I would like to request the experiment's paperwork and the documentation of what you have already done. It would be a waste of time for me to repeat any experiments." Dr. Fonda shifted in her place, casting an almost weary look around the room. "We need to finish our meeting, but we will talk again, Dr. Lorenz." With a final nod, Fabian turned and scanned the room once more, while Dr. Fonda turned on her heels and left briskly.

The Storage Room was emptying out. Most did not like to stay in the room for long, Fabian couldn't find any blame in that, though the irony was rich. They had created the things that sat in this room, and yet they couldn't stand to look at them. To be watched and glared at was a small price for science, and one Fabian had learned to pay quickly and move on. After a while, he didn't even notice their gazes. Except now. Except for one. He could feel her eyes, gentle like a spring breeze or a glisten of starlight, focused on his back. It wasn't a heavy gaze, but it wasn't a passing one either. It was something that was strangely constant. Fabian finally let his eyes fall on the girl. Her expression was, per usual, unreadable, and while it didn't unsettle the scientist it sent him on edge, wondering what she could possibly be thinking. She was frozen still, presumably terrified. Perhaps, he should have taken her horse genes into consideration before this little presentation but he had been too excited too proud. He should have stopped to think for a second. He let emotion get the best of him.

While everyone else left the room, Fabian turned back to the girl. For a moment, meeting her gaze, something in his brain short circuited and he was about to apologize but their sudden intrusion, but what did he have to apologize for? He was doing his job. He had nothing to be sorry for, though she had been frightened, but perhaps that was to be blamed on her DNA. He studied the girl and almost smiled in spite of himself, almost thanked her. For what? Being easy to work with? Changing exactly as he had planned? With one small nod, almost undetectable, in her direction, Fabian started back towards the door. He had a lab to prep. He passed a small figure as he was leaving. The undeniable clutz of an intern. "Go into the staff room and grab one of the apples or pears that are in the fridge, then give it to the experiment four rows over at the end. You should know the one." Before he could listen to her response he turned on his heels and marched back to his lab instead of the meeting.

Elizabeth hadn't even bothered to step into the Storage Room. Even with half of the scientists in there, she couldn't stomach the place, the eyes, the humans (who weren't totally humans) being locked in cages. Instead, she hovered by the door, notebook and pen in hand, waiting for someone to yell at her to get moving or go back to her work. Most passed by her silently, looking at disturbed as she felt. The last one, Dr. Lorenz, was not the first to acknowledge her, but the first to stop and give her instructions. The staff room was easy to find, it being one of the few doors that was properly marked in this place. The fridge was stocked with untouched lunches, so finding an apple, a nice ripe one wasn't easy. She ended up grabbing two because she felt bad for Serenity. She made her way back to the storage room and paused at the door to let out a long centering breath, then entered the code, swiped her badge, and walked in.

All eyes were on her in a moment, and there was no one else to draw away any of the attention. She moved quickly, clutching her notebook and the two apples to her chest, as though she was smuggling them in. A light flickered above, in some far corner of the room someone screamed and rattled against their cage. Elizabeth walked faster. She found Serenity easily, it was one of the few cages she knew for memory. Elizabeth paused and looked over Serenity. The caged girl had clearly been terrified by the scientists, not that Elizabeth could blame her. Putting on a small smile, the intern knelt down in front of Serenity and held out the apples. "I was told to bring these to you. Are you alright?"
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:32 am

Simon simply huffed, unamused and seething still over all of this but begrudgingly replied in a flat tone,"Very well, I'm sure the original paperwork is somewhere." Seeing as Simon was more adapt to the convenience of technology than writing everything down. "I'll be sure to drop it by at the soonest opportunity." his expression twitched, trying to stifle the look as if he had been sucking on a lemon. So much bitterness radiated off him like a thick odor.
At the words of the Director, Simon was one of the first to leave in haste, not that he was really bothered by the contents of the Storage Room but he felt if he didn't get out of there, he may lose it.

Much to his disdain, Simon's pre-planned ideas of further work on his experiment that day, after the meeting, would have to be postponed and replaced with having to go on a wild hunt for paperwork he probably hasn't touched in months but was still maintained and filled with the latest information. By whom was it filled by, who really knew except him.
It was still an amusing thought, regardless, of how well this would turn out. Simon knowing well that his experiment was, a handful, to put lightly.

It had been a blur, a moment of frozen tension. She saw everything but it was as if she hadn't been looking through her own eyes. Unable to move, unable to speak, let alone react or respond in any form or fashion.
She saw him turn and she saw him leave, nothing more. From there everything seemed incoherent, an abstract piece of time she couldn't grasp and neither could she precisely recall what happened until another vision came into view. Another silhouette hurrying towards her, deftly and quiet. Even then her body still felt paralyzed but not entirely numbed by that overwhelming desire to run.
Her ears twitched, the sound of her own breathing could be heard again as she slowly slid down to the floor of her cage, her mind still reeling.
Rubbing the space between her eyes, Serenity slowly looked up, nostrils flaring slightly at a sweet smell that was familiar and sparked an ember of anticipation within her.

Ears honing forward, weary she felt but that didn't keep a soft smile from gracing her muzzle, a little hesitate at first but eagerly accepting the apples without a second thought. She'd be lying if this equine side of her wasn't quite delighted to be given such a sweet treat but then that was a puzzle in all its own; she said she was told to bring them, told by who? Eyes moving away from the apples at to Elizabeth, quite relieved to hear a familiar voice. "I... I think I am, now." A cold shiver ran down her spine, lingering images of faceless shadows looking upon her cage was still an image burned into her inner eye and probably one she wouldn't be forgetting very easily. "I've... never been good being the center of attention..." she explained, her eyes trailing away.

"I... I knew that one day that this would happen, that I would be gawked at like some prize on display..." Serenity eyes were still focused elsewhere. Her voice was soft and forlorn, her eyes glistening. "But... I didn't think this soon," A substance so pure dripped onto the floor of her cage but unlike the owner of said cage, its origin of birth wasn't a mystery. "And I had thought... at the very least... I would have been warned."
Her body wanted to curl in on itself but she was too tired to move, clenching the apples closely as if they would suddenly disappear. "I know... I know that what has been done is a great thing..." her voice broke, it becoming drastically harder to remain composed. "But it doesn't make it any less hard to bear." Serenity didn't try to fight it now, she wasn't at all as strong as she put up to be and so she didn't feel bad for crying. And so she cried.
Scar

Postby SkieNight » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:38 am

Once the apples were taken from her hand, Elizabeth crouched down more, holding her notebook to her chest as the balanced on the balls of her feet. She met Serenity's smile with a small one of her hand, struggling to ignore the gazeses that burned her back. If a girl could handle living out of a cage, Elizabeth could handle being glare at. At least that was the intern's thought. She couldn't fault herself too much for being uncomfortable, not after seeing more than half of the staff turn tail and bolt out of the room like the ends of their coats were on fire.

She listened to Serenity speak, nodding every now and again and frowning at the girl's nervous words. Had the scientists really not told her anything? Elizabeth wasn't sure why the thought bothered her. It wasn't too surprising when she considered it. Elizabeth snapped back to the scene as the girl in front of her continued and then, a sniffle later, began to cry. Elizabeth had thought she would be in an out, but she couldn't turn her back, not when she saw tears. With a frustrated frown, the intern plopped herself down and struggled not to let a strange, hot rage bubble up too much. The people she worked for were so cruel they didn't even bother to notice one girl's suffering. Elizabeth's mind kept playing back to that one sentence. I know that what has been done is a great thing... Was it really? Was all this suffering really great? Was it really for humanity or just for science. Was is greatness or just playing with lives?

Stretching forward and sliding her thin hand through the bars, Elizabeth let her open palm fall slowly onto one of Serenity's hands, still clutched to an apple. "It's not easy to bear," she agreed softly. "And I can't imagine it will get easier. I can't imagine what you're going through at all but know this. I am on your side. I... I can't do much of anything but I'm here for you. You've been so strong already, you must remain strong. I know it's hard, but what else is there to do? And if you need anything, I'm here, or I'll try to be." At least until they fire me. Which, frankly, was something that was bound to happen eventually, considering how many rules she was most likely breaking.

Fabian stepped into his lab, pristine, white, shining, and quite. Very quiet.The scientist liked quiet. In fact, he preferred it. Quiet allowed him to think. Quiet allowed his mind to wander and piece together parts that, upon first glance, seemed to not fit together at all. Quiet was nice, helpful, and meant that no one else was there to bother him. Of course, his lab was never totally quiet. Some machine was beeping or maybe, if a window was opened, the wind was rustling by. And the quiet in the room then, as he moved about and got his space ready for another experiment - pulled out new files, moved some junk over on his desk, got another pen - various sounds filtered around him. But something was missing.

Fabian, suddenly realizing that he needed another divided turned back to the cabinets along the wall where everything was kept. He walked up to them, opened the last one on the side nearest to him and stopped. The dividers were there, as they always were, but instead of haphazardly piled atop one another and shoved off to the side, they were neatly placed together on one side of the cabinet while the other was being used for more lined paper and a few binders. He hadn't been the one to organize, that he knew. The scientists found himself glancing over his shoulder, expecting a look - maybe a smile, maybe glowing eye, or maybe just a look he'd never be able to read - to be watching him. But it was alone and it was quiet. With a huff, he pulled out the divider and let the cabinet door fall shut. He turned and miandered back to his desk to prep and wait for his next expiriment.
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:16 am

So many things flew through her mind, most were 'what if' scenarios of the worst kind while others were tame in appearance but not any less lonely. All and all, she foresaw her future as nothing more but what she had witnessed moments ago, weighing ever heavier on her heart. But only for a moment.
Taking a deep, stuttering breath, Serenity lifted her gaze towards the feeling of something touching her hand, confusion laying waste over her features. She was speechless, uncertain even but the other's words did exactly what they were meant to do. Encourage and ensure, and though she was still struggling emotionally, she couldn't help but smile warmly. "Elisabeth, thank you."

"I needed that," she looked down, contemplating something. She was still plagued with this sense of fear but at least it wasn't nearly as overwhelming as it was moments ago. "You're a lamb amongst wolves, I don't think I would have been able to cope with this as well as I have been if I hadn't gotten to know you." Serenity acknowledged, feeling a little more at ease as she rubbed one of the backs of her hands against her eyes.
Though that sense of ease was probably from the crying as crying was similar to laughter, making the body relax and feel better with its complicated chemical reactions. "A breath of fresh air surrounded by all this madness," she smirked, finding humor in that. She'd be lying though if this 'madness' didn't intrigue her, this very thing that was making her miserable.
"If there was something else to do, I would do it but as you said, there isn't," she admitted with a start, shifting uncomfortably where she sat. Ears twitching as they moved from time to time, gradually growing calmer as time went. "Except perhaps try and best this fear but, for me, it is easier said than done." It was still a haunting vision, one that she couldn't shake but the only way to fight fear is to become unafraid of that fear. "Maybe as time goes it'll get easier to tolerate, to stand... this is all still so new to me." Her eyes first fell to the apples, then inevitably following along the curves of her legs, both foreign and yet familiar. A very mixed message feeling she couldn't quite understand but neither did she want to, just accept the things she couldn't change.

An undetermined amount of time slithered by, from the end of the meeting to rummaging through files, all of which furthered the sourness in Simon's mood. Luckily, he didn't have to waste too much time hunting, however, most of that time was spent in walking. At a snail's pace, on purpose, still not all too thrilled in all this. His pride taking a horrible blow that day, and while it would have been more productive of him to hurry this along, he really didn't want to make this easy.
To his loathing, he would stand before that closed door, not like he could take a lap or two around the maze of halls, it had been an option he was steering towards, looking over the contents of the file with dull disinterest. The fleeting thought of his fellow scientist handling the unpredictable viper experiment was enough to grant a devious smirk but again, fleeting.

Regardless of his dawdling and attempts to avoid this confrontation, he knew he would have to face the other eventually.

Face twisting into a restrained snarl, he glared at the name plaque with such malice, you swore it would melt it. Gripping hardly the file in hand, it was taking all self-control in him to not walk away and leave the other waiting, but he'd rather not hear it from the Director. Exhaling heavily, bitter irritation in his expression as he nonchalantly knocked his knuckles against the door. Only a second after the last tap and he was already growing impatient, so was Simon's nature. At least he was trying to remain composed and calm, otherwise, his temper had a habit of running away with him and that could be dangerous for everyone around him.
Scar

Postby SkieNight » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:38 pm

The intern flushed as she was thanked, and returned a smile. This was nothing. This was words and words were easy to come by and easy to say. Action was what really mattered and it was also so much hard to do. Elizabeth could spew words all she wanted, but she'd never be able to stand up and follow through with them. She knew that and she was almost positive the woman across from her knew that as well.

When Serenity took her hand back, Elizabeth let the girl, pulling her own hand back from between the metal bars. She listened, nodded, and almost laughed at the comparison. A lamb amongst wolves. It was more accurate than Serenity had even meant it to be. Day after day, Elizabeth lived and worked among the scientists who leaned over her, watching her. And day after day she felt herself getting eaten alive from the inside out. Elizabeth found herself smiling again. "I think this place would have driven me mad it I hadn't met you," she spoke softly, all too aware of how her words echoed around the space.

Elizabeth nodded again at Serenity's words and sat back, letting her notebook settle on her knees. "You're so much stronger than I am. I hope I never tolerate this place," she admitted after some silence settled between. "If I tolerate this place that means I tolerate what they do to people, innocent people. And if I tolerate that then I'm cold... heartless..." The very thought of becoming a hollow shell, used to the crying, the screaming, the blatant torture sent a cold spike through her gut, twisting her stomach. If she was alone she probably would have heaved and gagged at the thought. Here, in this dark room, in front of a girl locked away and trapped behind bars, Elizabeth took a shaky breath. "I will do everything I can to help you." Which wouldn't be much, the intern was sure they both knew that but the words felt good to say anyway. "In return, please tell me if I'm turning cold. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I turned cold."

Fabian had buried himself so deeply into finishing preparing the lab he almost missed the soft knock on the door. He stopped and was tempted to ignore it before he considered who it most likely was. Dr. Dunbar, with the files hopefully. Fabian glanced at the clock as he moved towards the door and frowned, took the man long enough. Opening the door, Fabian paused and looked down at the documents in the other man's hands. Without another look in Dr. Dunbar's direction, Fabian turned around and walked back into his lab. "Place the papers on the counter."

The young scientist moved back around his desk, checking a few things on his computer, before making his way back over to the machine that took up one end of his room. It was strange moving about a space with another person in it. Every now and again he was sure he felt the weight of eyes passing over his back. It was one thing to work around someone quiet and attentive, someone who took up only as much space as need be. It was another to move about through tension. The bitterness and frustration rolled off of Dr. Dunbar in loads. A useless waste of energy in Fabian's mind. He'd probably be considerably more productive if he stopped trying to strut like a peacock.

Fabian, of course, said none of this, because what good would that do? Besides, it wasn't like he cared about Dunbar's strutting. The more the other man strutted and preened in front of the Director, the more Fabian could work without a heavy eye on the back of his head, and the more he could get done. The younger scientists stopped in front of his machine, pulling open a panel to make sure all the wires were in the right place. "Is there anything that should be noted about this experiment?" He asked, not to fill the silence - that he didn't ever mind - but more so to break the tension. The more information he could get on this, the better. He recalled Dunbar's experiment have the DNA of a snake, though what type Fabian could only guess. And if he remembered correctly the experiment was successful, though crude. Adjustments would need to be made if he was to succeed, again.
SkieNight

Postby Scar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:32 am

Serenity smiled wearily, more and more at ease as she listened to the other and the bouts of crying surprisingly helped the anxiety that had been building up for awhile now. She felt at ease, peaceful even, in spite of the current circumstances and surroundings. That alone was unusual enough that she even felt this way. "I can't do much but I'll try my best to keep you from turning cold," she said, her gaze switching from different things.
Looking to Elizabeth, she opened her mouth to say something but no words came, instead, her attention was drawn to something else.

Expressing a look mixed of brief confusion and concentration, her eyes focused into the darkness. Ears alert and twitching as they honed in, aware of something that wouldn't have been noticed otherwise. Footsteps, only two pairs but it was their gait that was familiar to her and that fact concerned her. Slowly peeling her eyes back to Elizabeth, she spoke in a soft voice,"You should probably go, I wouldn't want you to get in trouble." Giving an assured smile as fleeting as it was, she then looked cautiously beyond the other. Listening intently. Unsure if those footsteps were predestined to come here or if they were just walking by.
However, something in her gut was drifting towards the former and that is why she was acting like she was and she was right to do so for, in a matter of moments, her assumption was proved correct.

Gritting his teeth, Simon fought back the twitch of disgusted annoyance that wanted so much to appear on his face, quietly complying. Much to his distaste. Tossing the papers rather reckless, Simon's critical eye gazed strongly onto his surroundings. Quietly judging, even laying his eyes onto the young scientist who seemed preoccupied but only momentarily.
Catching something in his peripheral, Simon turned in place, a resonating squeak of a shoe the only proof of his movements. Calculated and indifferent was his complexion, harshly judging of the unique machine sitting in the corner of the room. So, this is the machine so fondly spoken of? Narrowing his eyes and scrunching up his nose, his facial features swiftly resetting to a blank slate when the other spoke up.

Hands folded behind his back, Simon rose an inquisitive brow, "Noted?" Playing ignorance, the older man held his sight on the other as he purposely pondered the question longer than he should. "Hmm, aside from sporadic behavior, I'm certain you could handle the experiment just fine." his tone was mostly flat aside from the little sweet venom hinted at the end of some words.
What little cruel humor flickered in Simon's face than vanished, becoming unamused as he added curtly,"Though, I should perhaps warn that he is... a tad feral." That was an understatement and he knew it but why should he delve into the safety details? "Nothing extreme, probably nothing more complicated than your.... whatever that was, half a** was it?" Simon wasn't at all hiding is hate. "Certainly dumb like one." he flicked his wrist, dismissing himself from that conversation. Sparing a smirk, he turned on his heels with a bit of flare in his step and found his way to the door. Faltering as he took hold of the doorknob, making a sound of sudden realization,"Oh, silly me, I almost forgot!" Glancing over his shoulder, his voice never losing its twisted sweetness,"Do be careful of the saliva, especially if open wounds are involved." Sparing a glance to his watch, any time now should the guards be being in the serpent-fused man, as he had ordered them since these two specific guards knew best how to handle the experiment.
"It can be, kind of poisonous if carelessly handled but aside from that, have fun." he forced a single, mocking 'hah' before exiting the room and closing the door behind him. Oh yes, this was going to be intriguing or so he thought.

Hands fastened tight behind his back, head in a waning fog as it swung lightly side-to-side, Xavier was towed along with two guards that looked experienced but yet still wary of the mildly oblivious hybrid they were guiding. Was is needed to drug the man? Not really, but Simon had been impatient when it came to the transporting of the experiment and grew fed-up with his attempted escapes. A lazy excuse honestly, but Simon doesn't care.
It was nothing big, just a small dose to calm him long enough to get him from point A to point B without resistance, though sometimes the effects lingered longer than normal.

Soon they made it to their destination, a single knock to announce their presence before opening the door. They were silent and blunt, hauling the not-all-there Xavier into the room where they stationed him by one of the examination tables. However, one was hesitant if this different scientist wanted the tied hands untied or not while the other was just uncertain of this whole situation. Honestly doubtful that the experiment's original scientist was so open to clarify all the precautions and quirks, knowing firsthand that how Xavier acted now wasn't how he normal was hence why neither of them was eager to leave, out of safety measures.
Scar

Next

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's