1X1 with interestingword and mkairalla1

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

1X1 with interestingword and mkairalla1

Postby mkairalla1 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:31 pm

This Is kinda a remake/redo of a roleplay we did a while ago...

1-2 mains each with 1-2 subcharacters?
Of course im cool with the newbie route. But if at least one doesnt have some prior knowledge (ie:" I saw this in a tv show once") Then they might be a bit screwed. But not like... "I SURVIVED 80 DAYS IN THE WILDERNESS IN SHEER WILLPOWER ALONE" type of knowledge.

Minor subplots we are totally doing:
Venomous birbs
Science lab
village
monkey
reef
Some sharks here and there

Things we ARENT doing again:
FRICKEN GIANT RAT( WHAT WAS I THINKING? MY GOD.)
Giant hole that leads nowhere and everywhere all at once

Character list
-
-
-
-
-
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗
Interestingword is my parabatai!

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
the world was made within
the oppressive limitations of time,
death, and impermanence"
-Cecil, Welcome to Nightvale

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Re: 1X1 with interestingword and mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:18 am

POSTS EXCITEDLY

Name: Meg
Nickname? None.
Appearance: Pale as a fluorescent light. Acne. Like...hella acne. Blue eyes w/ glasses that are never clean oh man. Short, choppy brown hair. Good runner. Wears a t-shirt with a bad science pun, as well as cargo pants with (predetermined) assorted arbitrary artifacts within, none of which will actually be helpful on the island.
Personality: Friendly. Fond of science. Doesn't like arguing. Generally doesn't make an effort to talk in a group, fearing judgement, but is quite conversational otherwise. Tends to get very enthusiastic about the world and how epicly awesome it is and would gladly go on for hours about how neat whales are.
Hogwarts house: Hufflepuff.
Pros of being stuck on an island with her: will talk about clouds, knows which plants probably aren't poisonous, good listener.
Cons of being stuck on an island with her: will often try and talk through problems by herself, never asks for help unless pressed, would easily step in a bear trap by accident bc she was too busy staring at the sky, points out ALL the birds. All of them. Yes, even that one. And that one. And that one over there.

Name: Andre
Nickname? Taz
Appearance: Guy
Personality: Down-to-earth. Passionate about art. The kind of guy you'd expect to see playing basketball and skipping school to hang with his friends at the skateboard park, not managing to start the only ultimate frisbee club in a 100-mile radius and talking about pottery techniques between classes. Makes friends easily. Doesn't like thinking about how small his place in the universe is.
Hogwarts house Gryffindor.
Pros of being stuck on an island with him: Can and will punch a leopard, throws things really well.
Cons of being stuck on an island with him: Can and will punch a leopard, has never been camping in his life, gets anxious about the well-being of friends if he can't talk to them daily and often relieves anxiety with art and there's no art supplies on the island and do u see where this is going

[frantically zips between this and studying for finals]
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:25 pm

.:Alex:.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
“Second place is a nice title for the first loser.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name:
Alexandria
Nicknames:
Alex, Al
Appearance:
A wisp of a girl, really. Alex is about 5'9 and thin.She has eyes the color of polished jade and wavy, shoulder length brown hair. She has olive skin and a pretty clear complexion.
Personality:
Alex doesn't trust others very easily. She can be stubborn at times, but she knows when to admit that she was wrong. She also really doesn't like seeing other people sad or hurt in any way.
Pros:
Pretty fast, good at making decisions, has gone camping at least three times in her life,loyal to close friends,She cares about others' emotions.
Cons:
Always inputs her opinion without being asked,not very trusting, if you get her started on the topic of musicals or books, she wont stop talking... like ever... like you might think it will end... but it wont.
Hogwarts house:
Total Slytherin

.: James :.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Emptiness is living chained by fear, fear of loss, of death.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name:
James
Nicknames:
Jamie, Jem
Appearance:
James is ungracefully lanky and always at least somewhat awkward. His copper-colored hair is long enough to sometimes fall into his brown eyes and he possesses a strong, roman nose. He is pale but not pasty, and his skin is a disarray of freckles and acne.
Personality:
James can only be classified as oblivious.It isn't as if he doesn't care about others emotions... it is just that he never notices them.He is constantly day-dreaming and drawing. If you manage to engage in conversation with him, though, you can quickly find that James is actually a really sweet guy.
Pros: Fast, good listener, kind, knows a ton about different types of fish.
Cons: Would accidentally walk into a bear cave, while he knows about what types of fish you can and can't eat, he has no experience in fishing at all.
Hogwarts house:Hufflepuff
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:08 am

[[EXCITED NOISES]]

The warmth, the waves, the distinct lack of icy slush that had gripped Meg's home state for a full month now, all of these pointed to one thing - wherever this was, it was most certainly not where she meant to be. Tentatively she cracked open an eye, taking in the cloudless sky and lone seagull above. Rolling off her back and sitting up only revealed a better view of sand, lots of sand, and a picturesque blue sea gently lapping at the beach. There wasn't a single other soul in sight, excluding the gull, and Meg felt unnerved but confused. How did she get here? And where had she been going. Worried by these questions, but even more worried about going into this situation unprepared, she spared a quick glance around her before beginning an inventory of everything in her numerous pockets.

"A beach?" Taz was surprised. Normally his dreams involved the area he lived in, and he certainly didn't live near any lakes or oceans. "Well, I'll take it. Pretty realistic this time. Good job, self," he continued. He kicked a rock, making his way down the sandy stretch between the ocean and the tree line. The black stone rolled a few paces, than stopped, settling itself back into the grains before getting punted away again. It was punted again, and the cycle continued for several minutes before the nagging feeling caught up to him again. Generally, when in a lucid dream, one is in control of the surroundings and everything still feels dream-like. This situation lacked both.
He had a bad, bad feeling about what this implied.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Jamie had already been awake for what he could only assume had been hours.The initial laughter died off rather quickly when he realized that this probably wasn't some dirty prank that his friends were playing on him. Then the panic began. A heavy feeling sunk into his chest and he found it hard to breathe." V-very funny, guys..." He called out in a weak voice. The only response was his voice bouncing off of the looming trees and echoing back to him. He shuffled backwards awkwardly until his back hit a tall palm tree." Guys, I'm not laughing here." He called again, still half hoping for a response. " I don't know what game.. Y'all are playing at, but it is really not humorous." His voice fell into a low whisper with every word he said.Eventually, he stopped trying at all and wrapped his arms around himself, trying to accept that this was ,in fact, not a prank.

Alexandria had never been one for screaming. She found it infantile and annoying. That was, in fact, one of the reasons why she held a strong dislike for little children. She could stand the whining, the snot, and the dippers, but she could not stand the screaming.However, as she woke up, blinking her eyes open and slowly adjusting to the blistering sun, she couldn't help but let out a small screech as she realized that her four-poster bed was no longer beneath her. Her hands reached out to feel the ground underneath her and came back with a fist-full of sand. She blinked at it with first confusion and then acceptance."Alright." She murmured to herself." Another dream." She stood, brushing sand from her jeans - Jeans! another sign that she was dreaming. She hardy ever wore jeans- and headed down the beach towards the lolling waves of the calm ocean. It almost looked real to her, and, as someone from Colorado who had only ever seen the ocean in movies and in magazines, she could fully say that it was exactly as she had imagined.
Last edited by mkairalla1 on Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Having taken check of the pockets in her too-heavy cargo pants, Meg began ambling down the beach, sticking close to the treeline. The oversized binder clip that had been residing in left side pocket #3 flipped open and closed in her hands anxiously as she took in the forest next to her. Palm trees stood like sentries to the sides, while less common vegetation confined itself to the inner portion of the coconut-studded boundaries. She recognized none, but did manage to spy some neat moss on one of the vines that had come a little further into sunlight than the others. A noise snatched her attention, not the sounds of the wind and plants. The noise of, hopefully, someone else. A patch of rocks jutting out from the sand was just a ways off and blocked a large chunk of the beach from her view, so it was wholly possible that someone could be found there. Maybe. Meg didn't know if she was hopeful or dreading, but the conflict was pushed aside as she strode towards the boulders and peered over to see the beach past them.

"That...that was not good. Bad job, self." Another pointy seashell had taken a stab at his feet, both literally and metaphorically, and Taz had to pause once more to wait for the cut to scab over. His suspicions had overflowed into genuine belief a while ago. No lucid dream lasted this long or hurt this much, he had decided earlier, wincing at another sand-encrusted wound. "And we can probably skip over any hope that this is immersive virtual-reality that nobody told me i was about to test. Right?" He looked around the beach, staring at a tern that had landed some ways away. "Are you real? I bet you're real." It responded by picking up a half-pecked fishbone and flying away, which was actually a very polite way of leaving in bird society, and Taz may have been flattered had he been well-versed in such intricacies. I don't even know if that was a yes or a no," he muttered, grunting as he stood back up. "But I'll say it's an unfortunate yes."
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Jamie's picked his head up from his knees as a soft voice floated to him on a lilting breeze.From what he could tell, there was only one voice and, a bit more unnerving,it seemed the one voice was holding a conversation with itself.But still, if he was lost he couldn't be particularly picky about who he made friends with. He should thank God that there was even another person. Maybe this place was populated! However that thought brought on more doubts. Maybe this place was, but only by... say... Cannibals.But this thought was quickly overcome by another. Maybe this was just a prank and his friends left him on some beach some where close to home.Yeah. that had to be it. He pulled himself up from the ground, brushing sand off of his pants and calling out to the still-talking voice "Hello?"

Alex sighed to herself as she looked around at the expansive clear water that seemed to surround her. She had seen lakes and creeks before, but nothing like this, and she, unfortunately, hated it. It was too perfect. Too beautiful. She was glad that she had never been to the coast before and was sure that, after she woke up, she would never go again. In all actuality, she had realized that she did want to wake up. She had actually grown bored and since when did she sweat in her dreams? It weirded her out. She pinched her arm lightly while shutting her eyes tightly. That was always what they had done in movies. She opened her eyes again to see... The same exact sight as before. "Seriously?" she grumbled to herself, pinching her arm again, this time a bit harder. Nothing. In fact, she could feel a very slight pain... and she had always been taught that you couldn't feel pain in your dreams" Odd." she murmered.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Sun May 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Taz slapped a hand over his mouth, then slowly removed it, eyes widening the second the faint word reached his ears. Was that a word? Was he hallucinating? Could you hallucinate words? Cautiously he looked around, straining to hear a continuation of the half-imagined greeting, but no more came. Oh man. Was that movement down there? There was a shape, tall and scrawny and suspiciously human-like, standing close to the treeline. Moment of truth, Taz decided, and he started walking towards it. "Hey!"

Disappointment and a split coconut greeted her, the sand undisturbed but for some small rodent tracks leading to and from the fruit. Whatever the noise was, the maker was gone now. Partly she was relieved, having been saved from explaining her predicament to someone else. Partly she was fearful that nobody would ever turn up. Just then, motion caught her eye. Someone further down the beach was sitting, pinching their arm and staring out at the vast expanse of sea. Meg's fear went from zero to sixty real fast, and without thinking she crouched behind the rocks again, hoping not to have been spotted. "Okay," she whispered. "Okay. Okay. Just gotta. Just gotta go out there, and introduce myself, and hope they don't have a knife. Or do." Knives are, after all, a useful tool for wilderness survival. "Okay. Doing it...now." She did not do it.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:15 am

Movement in the corner of Alexandria's eye caught her attention. She whipped her head towards a pile outcropping rocks that separated her little side of the beach from the rest of the coast. She squinted her eyes as she scanned for what ever had moved. When she found nothing out of the ordinary, she stood and began to very slowly and hesitantly make her way towards the pile." Hello?" She called softly, her voice disturbing the peaceful sounds of rushing waves and the chirps of bird.

James jumped with a start as a voice at his back greeted him. He turned around, arms outstretched in a way that kinda looked like he meant to get in a defensive position, but he overestimated how far the stranger was from him and ended up losing his footing in the sand and stumbling back.
Now, Jamie was never a really self conscious kid, but his face turned a bright shade of crimson anyways. He honestly attempted to play off his surprise and stick his hands in his pockets, ever so slightly leaning back as he took in a glimpse of the stranger for the first time. Jamie could only use one word to describe this person; Guy.
" Um... heeey..." He muttered, laughing a bit nervously to himself." Uh..."

***EDIT-
fixed one word that was really bothering me.
Last edited by mkairalla1 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Well, too late to run away now, so may as well jump right in. Meg got up, and was so startled by there actually being a person there that she greeted them with the first word that came to mind. "Knife." That - that was not the right word. Whoops. But, it seemed the philosophy of the island was 'too late', so she did her best to avoid eye contact and wait for the consequences.

Scratching his neck awkwardly, Taz watched as the stranger stumbled and stammered. "Uh...yeah. Hey?" He paused, and mulled over what next to say. Or should he let the other guy speak? He didn't know, although there was a nagging feeling that this exchange would never develop if someone didn't take initiative soon. "So, uh, my feet are killing me so I'm gonna sit. And, ah, do you have any idea where we are?"
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's