Mysteries, Mysteries... [skinight & rose]

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Mysteries, Mysteries... [skinight & rose]

Postby rose; » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:16 pm

a one x one for us

Demons are inter-dimensional beings who travel from world to world and destroy everything in their path. They return to their dimension when they die. Religiously, they are defined as hell's denizens, the servants of Satan, but for the purposes of the Clave, they are any malevolent spirit whose origin is outside of the home dimension. There are many different kinds of demons. Many demons are poisonous and the Nephilim healing rune (the iratze) is ineffective against it.

Greater Demons are an extension of Demons and are far more powerful. They must be killed both in their physical and ethereal forms to be forced away from the home dimension. Sunlight and seraph blades are fatal to both Demons and Greater Demons. Greater Deamons, like all demons, never truly die. When they are killed, they are not simply sent back home, they are scattered in between worlds. It will take a long time for them to re-form and they will be weak for years to come.

When demons die they tend to fold into themselves and vanish, generally with a shriek. Some Demons leave things behind when they die (ash, dust, fluid, etc.).

Greater Demons:

â–  Abbadon, Demon of the Abyss (Greater Demon) - Its flesh is livid and bruised looking. Through the seeping skin bones protrude - not new white bones, but bones that look as if they had been on this earth for a thousand years, black, cracked and filthy. Its fingers are stripped and skeletal, its thin-fleshed arms pocked with dripping black sores through which more yellowing bone is visible. It has taloned fingers and is at least 9 feet tall. It has empty eye sockets, smells bad and has 2 rows of jagged glass-sharp teeth. Its hide is grey with things seemingly crawling inside of it. He's faster than Shadowhunters. It has hands and a misshapen head.

â–  Agramon, Demon of Fear (Greater Demon) - Shapeshifts into a person's greatest fear and literally scares its victims to death. When "formless", he is a black cloud with glowing eyes, a malformed, enormous, hideous shape with eyes the size of saucers.

â–  Lilith, the Mother of Demons - The first woman to be created. She would not stay obedient and left Adam. She was later cursed to have all children she produced die. Mentioned to be a Greater Demon due to her excessive age, possibly being the Progenitor Demon, She possesses other worldly powers and is impossible to kill. She is later "killed" by Simon's mark of Cain when he saves Clary from taking a lethal blow. Greater Demons can't be killed, but what Simon's Mark of Cain did was scatter her between worlds. It will take a long time for her to re-form and she will be weak for years.

â–  Marax - encountered by Charlotte when she was a girl. A barrister had summoned the demon, which had subsequently slaughtered him and his family.

â–  Yanluo - the demon that killed Jem Carstairs' parents and tortured him with demon poison, which he afterwards became addicted to.

â–  Azazel - is a Greater Demon, and a Prince of Hell second only to Lucifer. He is a Lieutenant of Hell and Forger of Weapons. He was an angel who taught mankind how to make weapons, which is what caused him to fall. The whole earth has been corrupted by the works that were taught by him. He is bound to the jagged rocks of Duduael. If you summon him, his spirit form will come to you but his corporeal self will remain bound.

Lesser Demons:

â–  Ahiab Demon - A massive scaled demon with a thick, lizard-like body. It's blind and has a keen sense of smell. A thick line of serrated teeth run along its forehead where eyes should be. It has another mouth on the lower half of its face as well, fanged with dripping tusks. It has a narrow tail that glitters as it moves due to it being edged with razor-sharp lines of bone. It has talons and a long, forked tongue with a bulb at the end of it like a scorpion's stinger. It rapes his victims before killing them.

â–  Behemoth Demon - It is formless, huge and slimy. A double row of teeth runs along the length of its oblong body. It slithers with an oozing, boneless motion. It eats anything and everything - people included. It can teleport and its mucus turns seraph blades ineffective. It is semi-corporal and very hard to kill. It can heal its wounds but it seeps its energy - the best way to kill it is to keep wounding it until it can no longer heal itself. Clarissa Fray describes it as "a blind slug with teeth". It creates low noises like angry insectile chittering when angered and when it is killed it leaves behind a puddle of steaming green fluid.

â–  Croucher Demon - Its poison is not life-endangering.

â–  Drevak Demon - It is blind and tracks by smell. They smell rotten, like garbage and are incredibly fast. This demon is not a fighter. It is mainly used as a spy or a messenger (implying it is capable of human speech). It does not suck its victim's blood. Drevak demons don't have teeth, they have poisonous black spines in their mouths. Drevak poison is incredibly painful and poisonous and should be dealt with by a warlock. A Devrak attack is called a "Devrak sting".

â–  Eidolon Demon - it has the ability to shape-shift.

â–  Hydra Demon - Has several heads, hard to kill and usually used a sort of guard dog.

â–  Iblis Demon - Human-shaped but formed of a substance like coiling black smoke and a pair of burning yellow eyes. It likes to surround its prey but is not very bright. It bursts into ash when it dies.

â–  Kuri Demon - Slinking and black.

â–  Moloch Demon - likes to fight in groups. It has claws and jets flame from its empty eyes.

â–  Oni Demon - has a green body, wide mouth, and horns (sharp tusks sprouting from its forehead). It has legs like tree branches and spade-like hands. It is smart.

â–  Raum Demon - Dead white with scaled skin, a black hole for a mouth, bulging toad-like eyes, and arms that end in tentacles where hands should be. The tentacles are grey-white and tipped with blood-red suckers. Inside each sucker is a cluster of needle-sharp teeth. It has black blood and is poisonous. It is more dangerous than a Devrak demon and is incredibly fast.

â–  Ravener Demon - A long, scaled demon with a cluster of eyes set dead center in the front of its domed skull. It is something like a cross between an Alligator and a centipede with a thick flat snout and a barbed tail that whips from side to side. It has multiple legs and claws as well as a row of fanged teeth. He drools green fluid and is extremely slimy and poisonous. It can hang off of walls and has a long black tongue.

â–  Scorprios Demon - has a wrinkled face, the agile hands of a huge monkey but the long, barbed tail of a scorpion. Its eyes are rolling and yellow and it has teeth like broken needles. It hisses. It is incredibly fast and very poisonous. It uses its scorpion-like tail as a weapon.

â–  Shax Demon - has pincers and an insect-like carapce. They are brood parasites, who bring their victims back to their lairs in order to lay eggs in them while they are still alive. They also have a sharp sense of smell, and can be used for tracking.

â–  Spider Demon - has eight pincer-tipped arms and poison-dripping fangs that protrude from its eye sockets. It sprays acidic poison.

Information was found on the Shadowhunter's Wiki.
just gifting out my collection. no longer really have time.
rose;

Re: Mysteries, Mysteries... [skinight & rose]

Postby rose; » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:17 pm

Rain fell in unending sheets, turning the dark and dirty streets into ominous and raging rivers. The sky had been angry and foreboding since early that morning, and had been growling ferociously more and more. Any sensible person was safely indoors, keeping their feet warm and dry. Occasionally a carriage would breeze past, pulled by wet horses and spraying water, but only one lone figure trudged through the water logged streets, illuminated from the soft lights of windows of people's homes. Hair plastered over their eyes eyes they continually had to reach up and push them out of their face, but each determined step never slowed. There was a definite conviction in each movement if the figure, but a certain grace that said they weren't the average person either. It was the result of many years of sneaking about and having to steal to get by, which had become easier and easier.

Most people were quite confused at first glance to really decide if this young person was a boy or girl. Most would decide a boy after a moment of thought though, after a moment's glance at the clothing. It was obviously men's clothing, but it was really quite deceiving. Having been living on the streets for about five years now, this young person had learned and dealt with the cruelty of others firsthand. Men considered women to be nothing really, only something to be bought and practically sold, passed around like an animal. Most women could overlook it, but one on the streets was given no chance at survival- the boys wouldn't take you into a group, and no family wanted a dirty, unmannered girl off the streets, or even from the orphanage, the short time she'd stayed there. Yes, indeed, this boy was in fact a girl. She wasn't quite tall enough, not quite built right to be a good looking boy, but the short hair and clothes did the job-
No one would imagine a girl who wanted to be a boy. She'd experienced many things she hasn't told anyone that had prompted her to did this, and they weren't things she was going to tell either, not anyone she knew currently. (Though, that list was rather short. It consisted mostly of people she did business with, and demons that occasionally supplied her with things when she needed to forget. Forget everything. She didn't know they were demons however, only that they looked strange- done scaly, some slimy- and they usually got nervous since she could see them.)

Avery- that was her name- knew that since she could remember, she'd been able to see these things that others had not. They didn't look human, but they didn't try to harm her, so she did nothing. She couldn't remember when she hadn't been able to see them, but then again, she didn't remember anything before that morning, still clear in her mind. She'd woken up in the middle of nowhere, and it had been raining much like it was now. Good discovery weather was what it was, she had decided. She remembered her name, but it hasn't stuck, at least it wasn't what she was called any longer. Of course she wondered why she couldn't remember- many nights she was kept awake with fantasies of what she had done before that happened, but she wasn't getting answers anytime soon, and she had learned to stop wondering so much and wasting time.

It was probably near six o'clock by the time Avery stopped- she'd gotten quite good at judging time, even without the help of the sun. It was supper time, when everyone would be sitting down as a family, but she suspected the household she stood outside of might be a bit a different, if indeed that was what it was. The young girl stood still in the rain, hardly a discernible shape had someone looked from inside. Without a moment of hesitation, she started up the sidewalk. Most people only saw a run down church- or so they told her. She'd learned to keep quiet about what was really there early on, after receiving many an odd look when she insisted there was something else there. It was a grand building, and she didn't know that she wouldn't have even been able to approach the doors had she not been a hunter. A demon hunter. She had often lurked across the street, just watching the building, and had seen people emerge and leave, scars on them almost seeming to glow. They carried swords and strange glowing weapons, and it confused her to no end. So, she was going to find out. She had realized their scars were akin to the ones on her hand, the same odd swirls and connecting lines- she really had no idea where she got them.

Avery took the stairs two at a time and steeled herself in front of the door, raising her hand in a fist and knocking three times decisively. It took a bit, but finally the door was pulled open, and Avery was left blinking furiously in the new light. Whoever opened the door just have gotten quite the surprise however, thunder cracking above, almost if in anger. "I want to know what this place is, and what this means," Avery said boldly, clearly not to be denied at the moment as she lifted her hand, showing the mark of a shadowhunter on her palm. She hasn't even glanced to see who she was talking to.
rose;

Postby SkieNight » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:16 pm

{I will warn you, I know very little about the victorian times -___- And sorry this post was all over the place, I kind of just went to with flow... a little too much it seems...}

The sound of heavy rain fall tapped on the window. It was more of a peaceful sound, as if the world was keeping up the tempo of a nice song. The warm light from the fire flickered, casting long shadowy figures against the wall. The room was over flowing the smell of cooking meet, and roasting vegetables. It was food fit for a king, or so many said. A figure hunched over a pot, her rose colored hair pulled back into a tight bun, and a what looked to be a white apron was tied around her waste, and tied again loosely around her neck. She was not taking and chances, there was no time to change for dinner when you were the one cooking it. So she was forced to wear a nicer dress under the apron.

The figured stirred a wooden spoon around a few times, before lifting the hot brother to her lips and taking a sip. Her teeth lightly chewed on her bottom lip as she thought of possible things to add to the all ready warm broth. It was hard to judge your own cooking, especially when you know that everyone you were serving would eat it, weather they wanted to or not. The woman heard foot steps and she glanced up with brown, doe like eyes. "Oh Ben, perfect timing. Would you care to taste the soup and tell me what you think?" The woman asked the young man standing in the door way.

The boy couldn't have been any older then sixteen. His light brown hair curled around his head occasionally falling into his eyes, blocking part of his field of vision. He didn't seem to mind though, he would just push it out of the way and carry on. "Of corse Rose, though I will warn you. If it's good I might eat all of it." The woman's only response was a laugh, so the young man walked forward on muscular legs and rolled up his sleeves. Black inky patters danced along his arm. May who saw them would think of him as a demon, or just turn and walk away. For for them, it was normal. They were the runes of the Shadowhunters, something that Benjamin was proud to be.

He took the wooden spoon and sipped the dish licking his lips after words. "Salt, just a bit more salt and I do believe it will be perfect." he said taking a step back to let the woman have her spot by the bowl again. She opened her pinkish lips, as if she were about to speak when the building seemed to shake. A loud ringing echoed through the walls of the ancient cathedral and Ben looked towards the door. He didn't have to say anything. The boy turned on his heals and pushed though the partially open door and into the hall. He walked past the grand dinning room that could have held a ball, and slipped through the grand oaken doors to the main entry. He walked to entry way of the Institute and opened the door. Benjamin's dark brown eyes fell on a young, skinny lad. Not particularly attractive, and very, very wet.

The Shadowhunter gave the new boy a questioning look. No on was suppose to be staying over at the Institute. The Clave, hadn't sent a note saying anyone was stopping by. Could this by a confused Mundane who somehow saw the rundown church for what it really was? Most of Ben's questions were answered quickly. The dirty boy held up his hand, and sure enough the rune of the demon slayers lay printed plainly on his palm. Whether Ben wanted to or not he had to let the kid in. The Institute was always open for Shadowhunters. "Oh are you- never mind. Come in, come in!" Ben said quickly. He stepped to the side to let their new guest in. He looked up the grand staircase to see the fair headed Leo leaning calmly against the railing.

Ben scowled at the unhelpful boy. "Well? What are you looking at, go get Rose and help me get our new guest comfortable!" Ben said with flailing hands. He looked back at the boy, who ever this person was they weren't in good shape. He seemed out of place in the institute, looked more suited for being a beggar on the street."We have to speak to Rose. But first, what is your name? I'm Benjamin." The brown haired boy said, holding out his hand.
SkieNight

Postby rose; » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:40 pm

I promise I'm getting to this >< getting into school has been terrible this year, so I hope you don't mind waiting too much
rose;

Postby SkieNight » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:32 pm

rose; wrote:
I promise I'm getting to this >< getting into school has been terrible this year, so I hope you don't mind waiting too much

Oh don't worry about it. I totally understand, it's very hard for me to balance out drama with sports and academics so take your time I'll be patiently waiting for when ever the time arises and you can post.

Hiding under sheets with the news on repeat
'Cause the screams and cries are hard to delete
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?
Laying in bed, trying to empty my head
All these acts of violence ripping this world to shreds
While I'm trying to sleep, oh how could I sleep?

Wish there were words to say to make a change
Oh, the words to sing to end this suffering

Let's start a revolution where we all stand as one
Cause we need to make a change for a new day
We need to be the generation that’ll awaken a solution
Cause we need to make a change
Make a change, make a change for a new day

~MisterWives

______________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SkieNight

Postby rose; » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:31 pm

Avery stepped in out of the rain feeling only a small twinge of being sorry for dripping on the floor. It just wasn't something she had grown up worrying about, it seemed very unimportant. She guarded herself carefully, nervously glancing about. This was new, possibly dangerous, and having lived all the life she could remember in some form of constant danger, it was ingrained in her nature to be on guard. She cast her glance to the man in front of her, eyeing them even more warily upon realizing she could take neither in a fair fight- although, there hadn't been a time in which she did fight fair.

She didn't move from her spot near the door as the boy who had answered the door gave a command to the other, briefly wondering if he was someone in charge here then, if the other listened so promptly. To her, everyone everywhere had a position in some sort of chain of order- no one was equal.

Her eyes were drawn away however by the simple design of the while building. IT was so spacious, so beautiful. She no longer had to concentrate too hard to make the place reveal itself, in all its grandeur, and it was amazing. She could have spent hours just waiting in the foyer just staring, and it was yet another amazement that the average person could not see it.Her eyes snapped back to the boy when he spoke, and although she eyed his hand, she would not take it. "Aiden," she said curtly. "Aiden Redwood."
rose;

Postby SkieNight » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:40 pm

The boy glanced down at outstretched hand. He left it there a few more seconds before drawing it back rather awkwardly. Ben glanced back at the boy and cleared his throat. He didn't know exactly what to say to the young man standing in front of him, he hoped Rose would know what to do. "Well, Aiden I'm sure you must be hungry so come back with me, dinner is almost done and we'll be able to talk to Rose." He glanced towards the door that Leo had vanished behind. He hopped the blond haired boy had tolled Rose about their unexpected guest, but really Benjamin was never sure.

The brown haired boy turned on his heals and started back down the hall towards the dining room. He glanced back every now and then, worried that Aiden would get lost in the large building. He pushed open the large oaken doors revealing the grand dining room. A large table that could seat over twelve people, however only four seats were set. Ben glanced back at the thin lad, he brown eyes blinked a few times as he tired to decide what was the best rout to take. "I- Just sit down, I'll be back in a second." the boy said turning on his heals amd pushing the door that lead to the kitchen.
SkieNight

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's