Strive to survive( 1x1 with mk and sting)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: Strive to survive( 1x1 with mk and sting)

Postby interestingword » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:51 pm

Sabrina shrugged. "Well, I think I'll stick around here, forage for grubs and all that. Mickey, you go with my friend over there."
Mickey froze at that, glancing over to look at the girl, but only made a quiet sound that was probably a resigned sigh. "All right, save some beetles for me," he said, walking towards Maxon. There were, however, no beetles in sight, nor any sign of other life on the island except for the occasional bird call. It was a haunting scream, a shrill ten seconds of pure tone before tapering off in what could only be described as "plummeting call of death." Why it can only be described this way is unknown, but the one naming it was very explicit in their instructions, so there we go.
She was almost anxious for them to be gone, in all honesty. The bite was gnawing away at her ankle as if the rat had never stopped, and it was an overall unpleasant experience, even without traversing the island all day.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting
podcast fiend, dungeon master
and wildlife ecology major~
my fave pronouns are he/??

ask me about snakes!

mkairalla1 is my parabatai!
Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:50 pm

Macon stared at Sabrina, worry in his eyes, but he shrugged it off." Alright Micky, come along. Let's go see if there is anything of use on the beaches." He said, smiling slightly, but the smile didn't reach his eyes, which was still clouded with worry. The scream of the bird did nothing to help his worries, only frightening him even more. It didn't seem usual for a tropical island to be this quiet. It was like the calm before the storm." You can bring the monkey if you want." He offered, angling his head towards the furry little creature. That was another oddity of this island. A monkey that seems as tame as a lap dog, and a rat the size of a full grown cat, if not larger.

Ash walked down toward the stream, her feet falling on soft moss, miss that she noticed could be used for something. She mentally reminded herself to pick some up on her way back. Her walking as interupted of the shriek of a bird, making her jump.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗
Interestingword is my parabatai!

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
the world was made within
the oppressive limitations of time,
death, and impermanence"
-Cecil, Welcome to Nightvale

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:26 pm

"Nah, I think I'll leave him here, he's made a little leaf nest and seems pretty happy," Mickey replied, gazing fondly at a pile of soft leaves that held a tiny mammal. "So, where we going?"

As it turned out, rotting logs were not the tiny ecosystems that books had made them out to be. The first seventeen in the area held centipedes and spiders, none of them friendly, and anything after that was empty and slimy. Even rocks didn't have anything below, save for a handful of frogs that were too cute to bother catching. Fish seemed the only option, honestly. Limping down towards the area Ash had gone, Sabrina called, "Hey, if you see any fish, tell me!"
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:22 pm

Macon smirked." The beach. I've said it about a million times." He said, amused." It seems you pay more attention to animals than humans... I mean... I don't blame you." He smirked at Sabrina" they ARE nicer than people usually."

Ash had just recovered from the bird shriek and was beginning to walk down the treacherous path full of sharp rocks and slippery, moss covered rocks, when a shout startled her again, causing her to miss step and slip, which, in turn, caused her to cut her hand on a rock." Damn it!" She yelled, picking herself up again. The cut was shallow, but stung like hell. " fine!" she shouted back. Maybe she would find some catfish or something.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:03 pm

"Mm. And they don't make sarcastic comments." He started heading down in the direction of the beach. "Anything we're looking for in particular, or just whatever we happen upon?"

Cringing, Sabrina called down an apology, hoping nothing too bad had happened. "Maybe I should just stop talking. Yeah. Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," she muttered to herself, trying to ignore the shooting pain in her ankle. Finally, with a resigned sigh, she sat down on a rock to check it out, only to promptly cover it back up again. Maybe it'd just go away if it was ignored. Yeah. Hopefully.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Maxon grinned at the boy," no, anything really. I mean, manybe some fish bones, shards of glass that came ashore, food, animals, and, if I still have my finding skills-" he grimaced at how childish that sounded( flashback initiate) but he had always been good at finding things. He could remember when he was a kid, racing down the beachs of California with his mother, when his family had still been functional. He could remember sitting in the gritty sand and finding sharks teeth and sea glass. He remembered one lucky day in particual. Macon was racing down the road, running home, racing the rain that followed close behind him. And suddenly, he heard something. A small whimpering. He stopped in suprise and heard the whimpering again. He followed the sound, and,after a few seconds, found a tuff of fur stuck in a branch of a bush, and that patchy of fur led to a puppy. And that puppy grew up to be his best, and only, friend.

" I'm okay!" Ash yelled back." Just hurt my hand a bit!"she called, brushing herself off and continuing down the way.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:51 pm

Mickey looked at him skeptically, nearly tripping over a root in the process. "and what if you have your finding skills? No chance of you finding us some hot dogs, is there?" he joked. The bird call echoed through the trees again, making him jump a little. Man, when he found that bird, it would be in so much trouble.

"Awesome, great!" Sabrina called back, grinning for a moment before looking at the trees. Something kept making that ear-splitting racket, and it was getting to be tiresome, if only because of the suddenness. Still, if it was in he area, it wasn't visible from her spot.
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:58 pm

Ash screamed again at the sound, almost falling over again, but she was able to grab the trunk of a tree before she could slip." Damn it! I'm so going to kill that thing when I get my hands on it!" She screamed, hoping she could get a laugh, or at least a smile out of her friend. She steadied herself. Since when was she afraid of loud noises? That show she used to watch, what was it called, Unnatural? Yeah.. That was it.( the show had ended with everyone dying, just as she expected)well, Unnatural had scared her enough times that she thought she wasn't afraid of anything anymore, but here she was, falling over at a birds call. She huffed and removed her arms from the tree, wincing as she saw a smallish splinter in the palm of her hand, but was able to pull it out. She continued on her way, hearing the bubbling water.

Macon smirked." Maybe." He murmured." Maybe we will."
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"

╚═════════════╝
mkairalla1

Postby interestingword » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:21 pm

After some time, a bird finally showed itself. The feathers shone in the sun, colors rolling all over its graceful form a rainbow personified, and it hopped from branch to branch and tree to tree. "Hey cutie," Sabrina said out loud,holding a rock out in front of her. It looked a little like a nut, maybe the bird would be too stupid to realize. However, when it saw the stone, the creature opened its beak and made the most terrifying and ear-splitting screech anyone could imagine. Take a scream, your general low-budget horror movie, Halloween decoration scream, and distort it while adding in various other noises to the background. That's about what it sounded like. Shortly after, the bird flapped off into the canopy, leaving behind a very stunned teenager with ringing ears and a permanent distrust of birds.

"Because that'd be amazing. I know they're horribly processed and made with every kind of by-product you can imagine, but I feel like they're necessary for survival all of a sudden." He paused. Their shoes crunched on the twigs that littered the ground. "How about you, any food you really wish for?"
still here, still here

howdy! my name is Sting

ask me about snakes!

Gwen is my argent buddy!
interestingword

Postby mkairalla1 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Ash reached the banks of the small stream when the next ear-splitting cry rang out. she let out an exasperated sigh this time, and timidly reached a foot out to feel the temperature of the water. Please be warm, please be warm, please be warm... all it took was one simple touch to have her redrawing her foot with a gasp and scampering away like a little kid. She looked down at her cut hand, and then at crimson stain on the soft moss beneath her feet. She gritted her teeth and walked back towards the water. She stared down at it, grimacing, and plunged her hand into its frigid depths.It wasn't actually that bad, and she had no idea how a spring on this hot of an island could be that cold! You have just been abandoned on an island, you have little food, fewer medical supplies, and fought of a giant rat before roasting it over the fire, and yet you are mad about water temperature?" she asked herself, shaking her head. I seemed silly and unreal almost. She splashed the freezing water onto her face before continuing downstream a little to where the stream widened out into a river.

Maxon grinned." man, what I wouldn't do for a good caprese salad." He glanced over at micky, a silly grin on his face.
x
╔════════════════╗

╚════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

"All the beauty in
death, and impermanence"