Ravaged Seas (1x1 Cj and Started)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: Ravaged Seas (1x1 Cj and Started)

Postby cjr09 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:15 pm

(I don't mind~ I'm challenging myself to write more romance, and with as complex of a character as Tetra it'll certainly be interesting. Whichever you'd prefer~)

"Oh, perfect. Always good to have someone that'll stand their ground. Welcome aboard the Morningswan, greenhorn Sven. Now then," she turns her full attention to the approaching guards, swiftly counting them- six, a standard patrol, and no others around.

"Let's see... drugs, weapons, stolen items... yes, I have all of those. And more, actually, if you'd like the full list I'm sure I can show you my stock list," she shrugs unrepentant, and all of the guards draw their swords at once in a great whoosh of steel on scabbard.

They start on the usual guard "I'm-about-to-arrest-you" spiel, for the glory of the King, yada yada yada...

She tunes out the rest and draws her rapier.

"Let's test your metal, greenhorn Sven," she says, and darts forward- slashing just under the helmet of the first guard in the line.

He falls and the battle begins.
cjr09

Postby Startedraining » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:24 pm

(sounds like a plan :B )
Metal? Sven slung his stolen foods onto the deck and turned, pulling out a long dagger from the inside of his coat and kicking a guard as he came running at the red haired boy. His boot collided with the man's chest, knocking him backwards and off balance, and he fell with a large splash into the harbor. He ducks and lunges towards another guard, pulling him down to the ground and yanking the sword from his hands. Scrambling away, he tucked the dagger back into it's sheath.

"Damn him!" The guard shouted, "You sneaky boy, we should've arrested you when we had the chance!" He started forward, but Sven held out the sword point to him.
"Engarde," he said, stepping forward, as if it were a game, teasing the guard. He glanced to the side just in time, as another (rather large) man charged at him from the right, and he jumped back and attempted to trip him with a swipe to the knees. The man rolled and slammed into the unarmed man, causing great distress.

Sven snickered and brushed his hair back with his free hand, jumping into the action again.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby cjr09 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Tetra loses herself to the battle rage.

The world narrows down to the battlefield and everything runs in slow motion- as the first man falls, a second charges- clearly inexperienced, who would try a charge on a dock of all things- and she drops low to the boards and sweeps his legs from under him as he barrels past- jumping backwards and on top of the now prone man.

She stabs downward and that's the end of him; she registers the splash of armored body in water, sounds like Sven really did know what he was doing,

The third is smarter- older, and knew their way around a fight. He says something to her- she doesn't catch it, she's highlighting the weaknesses in his armor in her mind, but it was probably something about surrendering.

It's his age that does him in, in the end.

His reflexes are good- in his prime, maybe they'd have been an even match, but age slows the brain and the joints and while she doesn't get out of it without a new scratch that'll sting when she focuses on it- it's ultimately all for naught.

She runs him through a chink in his chainmail and she just barely has time to wrench her sword free to block an attack from the fourth- the singing of steel on steel ringing through the docks.

(I didn't know how to end ahhhhh sorry)
cjr09

Postby Startedraining » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 pm

Sven slid beside Tetra, dropping the sword as the last body fell.

"You went for the kill?" he asked her, genuinely shocked. He had only winded or wounded those who tried to stop him, which was the only reason they had not bothered him on the docks before, when he stole the bread. He saw the girl in front of him in a new light, and although respect was a huge part of it, fear and attraction were others. He shook his head, fixing his dirty brown hat and coat.

"I'll be off to fetch my second hand, she'll be wonderfully surprised to know I've landed her on a ship that isn't a pile of seagull vomit." he tipped his hat to the captain and awaited her response, "I will return within the hour, as she is on the docks as well."
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby cjr09 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:59 pm

"I don't need the full brunt of the guard cracking down on my head- and my shipments certainly don't, either. Kill a few and you scare off the majority- knock them off and they come back in force," she says with a wry smile.

"And before you ask, no, I don't enjoy killing. I like the battle haze, but I hate killing. But I'd hate dying even more, so we find ourselves at the do-or-die points." She looks ready to go on, but Lyric thumps down from the ship to the decks. "You wanna finish the supplies and I'll deal with the fallout here?" He asks, already checking a body for anything of importance.

"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll have to check out your second in command for myself, greenhorn Sven, before I let them on my ship. We leave at dusk- gather your essentials and say what goodbyes need be said," she says, before hauling herself back on deck- climbing the side of the ship rather than using the plank bridge- and focuses on preparing for their next voyage.

(alhufljshsln I don't knoooowwwwww but in case you couldn't tell Tetra is easily distracted)
cjr09

Postby Startedraining » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:14 pm

(oops, ages! Sven is 20 and Bri is 18)

Sven nods once and turns away quickly, slipping back into the crowd that had gathered to watch the brawl. He started to run, but it wasn't a free-run this time. He took steady strides and deep breaths. Bri was at the end of the docks, and he needed to conserve energy so he could run with her when she came along with him.

He pushed his hat over his head to cover his eyes as he passed another group of guards, no doubt having heard of the commotion and coming to inspect. They wouldn't try to harm Tetra though, they would probably just ask around and provide further inspection of the docks, but not her ship.

Two fish stalls stood next to each other, selling different kinds of fish, but equally making profit. Bri was smiling and laughing with another man, about twice her age with a beard. He was wearing an apron, much like the one Sven had stolen from the kitchen earlier. This must be the man in charge of fish stall number one. Sven wrapped his arm around her and pecked a kiss on her temple, "Bri, my darling sister," he began innocently.

She shushed him with a finger, her eyes cold, "Did you think we wouldn't hear about that fight!" she snapped at him, "You're such a troublemaker! We're never going to get out of Havana if you keep breaking the laws like this. The whole dock has been staring at you, didn't you notice?"
Sven shook his head, her finger still on his lips. He mumbled something.

Removing her finger, Bri looked at him questioningly, "What did you do?"

"I got us on a ship." Sven smiled widely at her, and her eyes lit up.
"A ship!" She screamed, taking his face in her hands and bouncing on her feet, "Oh this is great, show me!"

Sven grinned under her hands and picked her up, throwing her over his shoulders for a piggy-back ride and jogged his way back to the ship.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby cjr09 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:43 pm

(I am a terrible person I am so sorry)

"You sure that's a good idea?" Lyric chirps from his position crouched over the bodies- scavenging everything and anything that could be useful- weapons, armor, coins, anything of personal value to the guards- rings, necklaces, bracelets, nothing was overlooked by the blind scout. "He could be part of the Royal Navy for all we know- and we've never met his friend."

He stands, and makes a sweeping motion with his left hand- and the crows and seagulls tear into the bodies.

It's loud, messy, and disgusting- but there's nothing left in under five minutes.

Tetra snorts and wrinkles her nose at the sight. "I'll have you know that when your luck finally runs out I'm feeding you to your birds," she says, but as a crow lands neatly on her gesturing hand she stills and scratches it fondly on its neck.

Lyric just grins. "I couldn't ask for a better fate. But seriously, Boss, you're cutting it a little too close to deadly for your usual taste," he says, and gathers his stolen goods to be distributed among the crew.

"Well, maybe it'll be fun, Lyr. You're always telling me to have fun, I'm just following your advice," she teases, stepping back onto the deck of her beloved ship.

"You are right, though- let's stick to some smaller fish until everyone learns each other again. I haven't gone scavenging in a while; how's Shipwreck Abyss sound?" she says through a small smile, before relaying instructions to some of the older members.

Lyric just snorts.

"Alright, let's get this going, shall we? The farther we are out, the happier I am. Full speed, gentlemen."
cjr09

Postby Startedraining » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 am

(You are lovely shh)

Sven slowed as he neared the newest ship in the docks, letting Bri take in awe of the majestic Morningswan. She was obviously excited, her face was bright and her eyes sparkled like little emeralds. Her arms were tight around Sven's neck, she clung to him as though she would float away. This was perfect. She pressed her face into Sven's cheek, smiling in excitement.

Sven let her go and she dropped gracefully onto the docks, and he started forward again, taking this time to once again gaze upon the ship. He wondered how Tetra came to own something so beautiful. He suddenly lost his smile as he noticed the plank being pulled aboard. Were they leaving? He bolted to the edge of the dock, Bri following closely, and shouted after Tetra.

"What's this?" he shouted, "What are you doing?"
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby cjr09 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:11 pm

(GAHHH MY INTERNET FAILED AND I'VE HAD TO TYPE THIS LIKE FIVE TIMES)

Tetra startles slightly, turning to peer back over the edge of her ship- Sven and another person- his second in command, he'd mentioned something about that, she remembered- and this second in command was a girl, that was mildly surprising- and they were both booking it to get to the ship.

She looks between them and the raising gangplank before understanding, calling to the two sailors raising it, "Lower it again, boys, we've got stragglers." One of them nods, making a motion to the other with his free hand, and they set it down gently, sliding it back to the docks.

She just barely manages to suppress her wince.

So who're you?" She asks, turning back to the two new sailors, leaning over the railing as she does so- voice purring with her accent. "Fancy yourselves pirates, do you?"
cjr09

Postby Startedraining » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:20 pm

Sven shook his head angrily, "You forgot about us completely!" he snapped at Tetra, but then stepped back and remembered Bri. He shook his head again to clear it, and then cleared this throat.

"Tetra, this is my sister, Brianna, but we call her Bri. We're eagerly awaiting your commands," Sven wraps his arms around Bri's waist and led her to the plank, nudging her onto the ship.

She smiled eagerly, her eyes admiring the ship... and more importantly the captain. Tetra? She nodded, "Aye, my name is Bri, I accept nothing other than that. I also assume that there is no problem with Sven here? I heard earlier today that there had been a scuffle off onto the docks, I'm afraid that Sven will be a bit hard to handle, not that you wouldn't be able to deal with him if he did..." she trailed off, casting glances at the main mast and the crows nest.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

to be loved in return