Belden- (Pre-Beaugro) 1x1 Oriel and Redsparrow

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Re: Belden- (Pre-Beaugro) 1x1 Oriel and Redsparrow

Postby Redsparrow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:07 am

Had Luke not been thinking of their short time together the advance would have led to an untimely death for Idris. However memory brought him back to a lush Esterbrush garden. His lover once a youth, now a man, eased him into an embrace.

A natural continue, as if time had not passed, with only a pause to let a breath laps between them. What little pain remained was forgotten at his touch, a relaxed pleasure that melted Luke. All regrets of his pervious encounter faded.

The serpent had been of age, however Luke had barred more than basic affection. Ten years had seemed such a gap, but the eyes that met his were of an equal. In Esterbrush Luke had been whole, the emotions between them genuine. This allowed for expression of interest he had been longing for.

Warmth that comes with closeness, the light embrace that grew like flame to tinder drove his actions. With comfort came passion that Luke wished would never end.
"We are going to die...... That makes us the lucky ones."
Redsparrow

Postby Oriel » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:01 am

They met in shared breath and warmth, so that even in offering Idris still recognized the overture in Luke's answering embrace. Neither years apart nor distance had dulled the truth of the promise he'd uttered at their first parting. Though he'd taken other lovers, only this elemental so provoked him that he deserted all caution.

Dangerous, Ravi had told him. Pray that, if you do find the man who inspires you to the impossible, you don't meet him while you're working.

In that his stepfathers were more fortunate. Both were serpents of excellent standing, though Ravi still fought to be seen as an equal to his cobra partner. Long years in service to the Esterbrush intelligence service had not prevented his father-in-law from objecting to a viper's courting of a Vere Sirya heir.

This danger, or some other concern, no doubt lead to Ravi's assigning him as far as possible from any potential encounter with Luke.

"Then is my heart buried alive in snow," Idris murmured into the darkness, his words passing over a shoulder close beneath his lips, the serpent endearments dredged from a brighter afternoon. "For I have savored the hot taste of life, lifting green cups and gold at the great feast, just for a small and forgotten time."
Oriel

Postby Redsparrow » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:58 pm

“More serpent poetry? First time you have translated it for me.” Luke said, resting his body against the serpents to ease weight off his wrist.

Idris had recited such words in his native tongue years ago. From the little Luke had deciphered it was dripping with the kind of sappy romantic language he often used in songs of courtship.

Lips pressed to skin Luke lamented the disuses of his hands. Damage from the burn had caused loss of movement, what little remained was now hindered by the slice on his dominate palm. It was an unfortunate set of circumstances, for Luke needed to lead this dance, to pace it in order to avoid his own fears. However he lacked the ability to do so, so instead did his best to guide Idris. Encouraging at a pace that was comfortable for both.
Redsparrow

Postby Oriel » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:05 am

"Not just serpent poetry," he said, balancing the new weight close against his chest. "It's only the greatest lovers' tribute in the language," Idris reproached Luke. "Or are you offended that it's none of my own?"

Lyric was just one of many possible modes of expression and, if he were being honest, his least fluent.

Idris ducked his head and allowed Luke's forearms to rest on his shoulders. Although he could sense a new hesitation buried within the other's welcome closeness, the encouragement blinded him to the need for greater care. He touched freely and with an attention to every breath, shudder, and repeated glance.

Words often failed him, but his hands never had.
Oriel

Postby Redsparrow » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:53 pm

“Why would I take offense to such a pure expression? Each culture has customs that are cherished by the pair even when shared by others. If it has meaning to you, then it need not be your own words if you wish to impress.”

Idris moved quickly, giving Luke no time to warn. Hand placement triggered a relapse. The internal struggle between two polar emotions was enough to drown Luke, leaving a cold distant expression were affection had been just moments ago.

Memory of sweet scented air gave way to the moist rot of wood. Darkness in the room so mimicked his memory that it took all of Luke’s efforts to resist setting it ablaze. Idris’s figure transformed from a welcome lover to a predator.

Stillness over took Luke out of self-defense. Throwing himself from Idris would be the fastest way to escape but he feared lashing out if Idris pursued, which would be expected out of concern for the sudden reaction.

Instead Luke let out a long pained exhale as he tucked his head down. Shutting his eyes he worked to hold back a grimace. The rush of fear so shut him down body and mind that he struggled to express himself through words.
Redsparrow

Postby Oriel » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Idris dropped his hands and let them lie immobile on the coverlet. One moment Luke had been smiling at him and then, with a cruel alchemy, something in his touch and given the man the look of a whipped animal. Worse in this instant was that he'd done it.

"Tell me what you need me to do, if you can," he murmured. "I'm going to let your wrists go and step away from the bed. GIve you a chance to catch your breath."

He backed out of the embrace and helped arrange Luke's hands safely at his sides. More unwanted touches could trigger a worse relapse, but Idris had no desire to see his work undone by a moment of terror.
Oriel

Postby Redsparrow » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:52 am

Idris’s words conveyed comfort in both meaning and tone. The distance granted settled the storm in his mind.

After a few long breaths Luke let a light flicker to life between them once more. From it he could see guilt in the man’s face.

“I am sorry.” Luke stammered. “I.. When things move too quickly..” Shame caused him to fall into silence, before lowering his gaze.

He didn’t want Idris to feel guilty for wanting to be with him. However he lacked the words needed to comfort the man. Slouching back into the bed he quietly repeated. “I am sorry.”
Redsparrow

Postby Oriel » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:11 am

"It's all right," Idris answered. The words, too quick, rattled in his mind. There was that. Even Ravi would have counseled patience with a man he hadn't seen in years. Only Luke could reach and withdraw in the same motion, encourage with a word and then fall prey to a paralysis so thorough he ceased to breathe. Beneath and within these Idris glimpsed the warmth he remembered.

He sat down again at the edge of the bed and eased his way beneath the covers.

"It's all right," he repeated. "There's no hurry."
Oriel

Postby Redsparrow » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:35 am

Luke’s eyes followed Idris’s return movements. Not quite over his panic he let the distance remain between them.

Mindful of his wrists he lowered his body under the covers and lay on his back. The flame danced above them as he once again studied the figure who shared his bed. The white cloth shirt hung open at the top. Strings, which he himself had pulled lose, swam down their owner’s breast. Black scales preached above collarbone glinted in the light.

No rush. Idris was right, there was no need to rush. No need to hurry into anything, be it a relationship or an explanation.

As he watched Idris he couldn’t help but wonder how much of his actions Idris would be able to connect to events. Did the serpent base his moves off knowledge or intuition? How much knowledge could he even have of such events? Surly some news had spread but how much?

Luke wanted to ask, no demand what Idris knew of his present state, however failed to find the right words to do so. Fear of saying the wrong thing combined with his agitated state Luke knew it would be best to let it be for now.

“Thank you for staying.”
Redsparrow

Postby Oriel » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:28 am

Idris huddled farther beneath the covers in an effort to make himself comfortable. He could still feel the elemental heat radiating from Luke, which helped in dulling the bite of rejection.

The thanks caught him unprepared.

"No need to thank me," he answered, bemused. "Your healing is reward enough."

"But while we're on that topic, it may help if you know a bit about serpent principles of exchange," he continued. "First, it is said that in the oldest days all cobras gave freely of their gifts. They treated family and stranger alike. Then a few learned the secrets of poison and held this knowledge over their kin until only a few were left to rule. Those would be 'black cobras' like myself."

"It was then that safeguards for healers were needed to ensure their safety. Otherwise a rival might lure another cobra under the pretense of healing, only to kill or enslave the other."

"From these earliest roots it became common practice to demand a fee for venom treatment. And a sign of esteem to refuse such payments."

Idris smiled in the darkness.

"This attitude is now common among serpents in general, not just among cobras and not only applied to venom. So I would appreciate your pardoning me if I refuse your thanks one too many times. It is only a serpent way of placing friends, kin, and lovers in a place of trust."
Oriel

PreviousNext

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's