The Fountain of Youth (private roleplay)

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

The Fountain of Youth (private roleplay)

Postby Sphye » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Rumours and legends speak of an island, a special island known for one thing. Oh, it holds lush forests and a plethora of animal life, but that is nothing unique.
This shall be the search for the Island of the Fountain of Youth.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting setting:
Everyone is traveling to Alabaster City. They have communicated amongst each other that they have all had issues with a bonded creature displaying pygmy-ism or lack-thereof after previously being fully-grown or pygmy, respectively.
After hearing word of the Fountain of Youth, our adventurers must decide whether to take on the dangerous quest.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please post this or a similar form for your character's personality and physical appearance, for the sake of the other roleplayers.

Code: Select all
[b]Character~[/b]
[i]Full or first name here.[/i]

[b]Physical appearance~[/b]
[i]Please describe your characters visual attributes.[/i]

[b]Personality~[/b]
[i]Please describe how your character might act.[/i]

[b]Bonds~[/b]
[i]Names and types of creatures that your character is bonded to.[/i]

If you are interested in participating and have not been previously contacted about it, feel free to send me a PM asking about it.
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Re: The Fountain of Youth (private roleplay)

Postby cjr09 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:19 pm

Character~
Caitlin Siege Faire

Physical appearance~
Her skin is very pale- her northern roots and aversion to sunlight showing strong in it. She has long red hair she keeps pulled back in a ponytail and wears her glasses all the time, covering her very dark brown eyes- otherwise, she couldn't see a thing. She wears almost all black- black pants, black boots, and a black jacket over a plain black t-shirt. She's not overly attractive nor does she stand out in any way, particularly- she's never been one to care for her appearance.

Personality~
Caitlin is a gentle hearted person, however can snap back to anger and sass like a whip when someone they care about is threatened. They are defensive and guarded when speaking to someone they do not like, but will always be warm and comforting to someone in need. She enjoys cracking jokes and generally truly horrible puns are her way of doing so; she's not very good at keeping a straight face when it comes to her friends and laughs easily, though she could stare you in the eyes and lie without skipping a beat if she needed to.

Bonds~
Lunette, the Royal Scroll Drake.
ImageLunette
Cola, the pygmy Cola Soda Otterling.
ImageCola
Atlantis, the Goldfish Glasswork Dragon.
ImageAtlantis
Chimamanda, the Scriptorium Liger.
ImageChimamanda
Chestly, the pygmy Glass Smith Otterling.
ImageChestley
Mull, the pygmy Finch Griffin.
ImageMull

Only Lunette, Chestley, Mull, and Atlantis will travel with her.
Last edited by cjr09 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cjr09

The Fountain of Youth | Edgar Rings

Postby Startedraining » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Character~
Edgar Rings

Physical appearance~
Edgar stands at over 6 feet and is very muscular. His clothing attire is similar to that of a pirate, though he is definitely not a pirate.
His hair is usually tied into a pony tail, except when he is riding on one of his many Drakes. He often wears a white mask and paints his hands white when he rides, maybe to be unique, or maybe because the Drakes like it. No one knows.
art by sphoopie

Personality~
Prone to making humorous remarks, Edgar is one of a group of wanderers. He makes friends easily, but doesn't often stay in one place for long enough to maintain those friendship that don't travel with him.
Edgar is known to be lighthearted in almost every situation, and if he has a chance to pun something out he's going to do it. He's generally serious when it comes to relationships and his friends.

Bonds~
Ricos
Ricos, the dire wolf, often accompanies Edgar on his adventures.

Arian
Arian is often inside a burlap pack that holds items on Edgar's back. He is referred to as the Knapsack Guardian.

Kyra
Kyra does not like to be taken on adventures, and stays at home more often than not.

Lichen
This very old Drake is one of Edgar's favorite drakes, although he cannot ride him as much any more.

Gargoyle
Gargoyle is Edgar's fastest flying drake, and the one that will stay with him through his adventures.
Last edited by Startedraining on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Helpful links!

Site and Forum Rules
Eldemore Lore & Info
Eldemore Trading Rules
Site Help
Report Glitches

The greatest thing you will
ever learn is to love and
to be loved in return

he/him please

╚═════════════╝
╔═════════════╗

Hey there! I have many nicknames.
Call me Star, Gargoyle, or Bones!
Find me elsewhere as Startedraining

╚═════════════╝
Startedraining

Postby Sphye » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Character~
Mara Lace Sphye.

Physical appearance~
Mara stands at 5'8 when she isn't slouching, and is built tall and thin. Her form is soft, but it conceals her fair share of muscle. Her hair is short and unruly, colored a moderately dark shade of brown. Her bangs lie messily over her forehead, leaving just enough room to see her eyebrows and eyes.
Mara's face, when not carelessly and tactlessly expressing any emotion that comes to mind, gives her a young, cute look. Her eyes are steely blue, and her skin light but not super-fair.
Visual reference to compensate for iffy description.

Personality~
Although she is shy and reserved at first, Mara's true colours are that of an aloof, creative personality. She is usually fairly confident in herself, but will go out of her way to maintain the peace if nobody else fills that role.

Bonds~
Daria (Jellyfish Rune Dragon) and Canvas (Artist Rune Dragon). Though not strictly bonded to them, Mara also has a great number of pygmy rune drakes. Nubmee is one such drake, and he'll be traveling with Mara.
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Lynden Varghese

Postby Distortionist » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:03 pm

(The first thing you should know is that you shouldn't go out of your way to get along with her. I don't care if you antagonize her or whatever. RPing negative relationships is just as fun as the positive ones.)

Character~
      Lynden Varghese

Physical appearance~
      Lynden has dark olive skin, which is unusual considering her place of origin in the Oriental Isles. She has medium length black hair that she keeps in a loose bun. She's about average height and sports a pair of piercing golden eyes that match her companion's coat, which is a trait she gained from bonding with Meera. Her eyebrows are fine and narrow to go along with her angled features. Like most Liger Keepers, Lynden is remarkably agile but lacks strength and endurance. She wears almost exclusively red t-shirts and leggings, for some reason.

Personality~
      Mentally sound and decisive, this girl won't tolerate nonsense. She dislikes anything routine and does her best to act independently. She's a very logical thinker, and often doesn't consider the needs of others. Lynden loves a challenge, which may very well be her downfall.

Bonds~
      Alaula ♀ - This whimsical Nightflare liger accompanies Lynden on her travels.
Last edited by Distortionist on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Distortionist

Postby Silverhart » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Character~
Sterling Roscoe

Physical appearance~
Sterling stands tall and upright, showing off his even, solid build. He is somewhat lanky, with narrow shoulders, and long legs. He keeps his sandy brown hair at a reasonable length. His face is oval, sporting hazel eyes, and a straight nose. His movements are easy and broad, and he exudes an air of sophisticated nonchalance. He is fairly well coordinated and balanced.
Usually bedecks himself in expensive shirts, bright jackets, and feathered hats, although while working or traveling he's more inclined to be wearing a simple loose shirt, trousers, and his old black jacket.

Personality~

Sterling is a friendly, charming personality, who thrives on attention, and loves being around people. He would be lost without people to feed his sense of self importance, and gets his feathers ruffled when he is denied respect he feels due to him. Analytical, thoughtful, and adaptable, Roscoe enjoys showing off his extensive knowledge, which may or may not be completly accurate. Possessing quite a bit of an ego, he dislikes being corrected, or made to feel less important.

Knowledge is power to him, and he will go far out of his way on a quest for curiosity. He enjoys delving into a new book or exploring some new town or city - often exploring those less savory parts, and getting into trouble. Sterling needs to constantly keep moving, and to always have some sort of plan, though he is flexible and willing to change it in an instant if circumstances arise. He is competent when he has to be, but as a rule he's generally too wrapped up in himself to be of much use otherwise. His hand-to-hand skills are paltry, and is a barely passable swordsman. His main weapons are diplomacy, and tactics. He was passable as a commander of gun crews in his stint as a Naval Lieutenant, where he could put his analytical mind to good use.

Bonds~
Moritz the Black Forest Dire
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Diddlebug » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:25 am

Character~
Reeve Ahridan, can sometimes be called Ree.

Physical appearance~
Reeve is 5' 10 who is used to standing up straight (being the shortest in her tall family). She is lean with a little muscle, but not nearly enough, and she relies more on her speed than anything when it comes to fights. She has long, wavy hair that is a dirty blonde color which she never lets down and can be seen in a black scrunchy most of the time. She has a natural smile if looked at, with hazel eyes. She has a soft round face with only one dimple and naturally red cheeks that stand out on her fair skin. Her shoe of choice are worn-in riding boots that are a darker brown color.

Personality~
Reeve, although given a sweet face, has a mischievous mind filled with an adventurous drive. When you first meet her, Reeve is a delight and courteous, but as soon as you cross her she can seem to burn holes in you from the looks of disgust she gives off. To her close friends, Reeve is a little goofy, but exuberant and enjoyable. Reeve is cunning and quick on her feet, and she uses her brains to concoct adventures and schemes to fulfill. Loyalty is a commitment that Reeve will always live up to. She will never turn her back on her friends and family and will stay true to her word. When she makes a promise she means it. Now Reeve can easily come off as cocky and proud. She holds herself high, but does not believe herself to be above anyone else. Reeve is brave, but there is a fine line between being fearless and being reckless that Reeve crosses far to often. This recklessness can get her her in the stickiest of situations, which she can usually handle herself in.

Bonds~
Volare the Skyflier Rune Dragon and Aperi the Lockett Serval. Volare is male, while Aperi is female.
Links wrote:—‹ My Deviantart
—‹ My Chickensmoothie
—‹ Characters
Diddlebug

Postby Sphye » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:54 am

(That's everyone! Feel free to start. Our characters will probably be in or on our way to Alabaster City, where we'll meet. We've been in contact about the issues of pygmy-ism.)
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Postby cjr09 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:15 am

Well, this was rather worrying.

Caitlin had spent the better part of the morning digging through the scrolls and books and maps of her own personal library- looking for anything and everything she could regarding pygmyism or lack thereof- and she'd come up with absolutely nothing.

And certainly nothing about suddenly not being a pygmy, or suddenly becoming one.

She was never more grateful to have Lunette around- the Royal Scroll Drake was flying her to Alabaster to meet up with the others in regards to the problems with the pygmies.

She really hoped that Oblivion didn't do this.

There's a rustling in her pack as Mull- her pygmy Finch Griffin- sticks his head out and chirps softly at her, earning a whined protest from his roomate, Chestley- a Glass Smith Otterling pygmy.

That were both steadily growing out of their pygmy form.

Atlantis shifts in her jacket pocket and Caitlin gently shooshes the two pygmies, "We'll get to the bottom of this soon, guys. We'll be back home before you know it."

Alabaster city becomes recognizable of the horizon and Lunette flies a little faster.
cjr09

Postby Sphye » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:25 am

"Oh my god, how much can you even weigh?"
Mara's grumbling fell on deaf ears while Nubmee slept soundly in her pack.
"This is why I never bring you with me," she added.

The pygmy drake, adorable as he was, had always been heavier than one would want to carry for an extended period. To make matter worse, he was getting heavier.

The morning dew made walking through the glassy field more akin to a swim, but that alone Mara could deal with. Daria seemed happy to "deal with" it, too, as she chirruped and squeaked happily in the droplets of water.

The horizons of the great city were in view, but it would still be several hours walk to actually enter in.
"Fancy a snack break?" she asked her companions.
This seemed to be enough to wake Nubmee. Squawking and practically falling out of the backpack that Mara had had to bring especially for him, he looked at her expectantly from the ground.
"Of course that woke you up. Here," she said, passing him a chunk of bread and whatever kind of bird the vendor had lied about the meat being. "Eat up."
by ebriose.

♪♪♪

Next

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's