Hᴏᴜɴᴅs ᴏғ Dᴀʀᴀᴋ'ɪ :: Silverhart & Scar

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

Hᴏᴜɴᴅs ᴏғ Dᴀʀᴀᴋ'ɪ :: Silverhart & Scar

Postby Scar » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:08 pm

【✦】
“ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜs ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʙʏ ᴀɴʏ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴏʙsᴇʀᴠᴇs.”

The many tales and adventures of Rimm Dhi'b, a private detective and the thief mastermind, Jethro La'baras.
And many more surprises along the way, between criminal schemes gone wrong or chase scenes turning into a tug-a-war with a stick.
All and all, everything shall finally be recorded of this infamous duo of justice and crime.

Scar

Re: Hᴏᴜɴᴅs ᴏғ Dᴀʀᴀᴋ'ɪ :: Silverhart & Scar

Postby Silverhart » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:08 pm

A stronger man may have stood his ground against the onslaught, but Rimm was not a strong man. When faced with that pretty young thing sniffling into a handkerchief, and wailing on about how she was going to be fired, Rimm's will crumbled like a stale Gingerbread otterling under a herd of Sleipnir.

“And if the Missus-” sniff “-finds out-” sniff “-that her pet has been stolen...” sniff, sniff “-then I'll be...I'll be...” She'd burst into tears, unable to continue with the thought.

Rimm had rubbed the back of his neck. “I'll find the little scamp, miss. He's probably just wandered off somewheres.”

“Fluffykins never wanders! He's much too well bred.”

“Uh-huh...”

Now Rimm was wondering if the maid was right about the kitten being stolen. No sensible serval would be out on a night like this. It was raining steadily – it had been all night, and now as the clock tower several streets over began to chime out the first hour after midnight, the Wolfkin began to wonder if he shouldn't just start on the search tomorrow. Ack – there'd be no point in that - there wouldn't be much of a trail left by then. So it was out into that cold dreary night with you Rimm, to track down some rich old lady's pampered houseserval to spare her maid from a - probably deserved - scolding. At least she had agreed to his fee.

Should've asked for more, he thought, as he hunched his shoulders against the rain. His threadbare coat offered some protection from the rain. To be awoken in the middle of the night from his nice warm bed and thrust into the rainy streets of Alabaster City was a surefire way to sour his mood. What he wouldn't do for the damsel in distress, or a serval stuck in a tree...

Rimm trudged up the deserted streets, avoiding the overflowing gutters choked with debris, toward the more well off section of town. Somehow when he had taken up private detective work, he hadn't pictured himself in quite this situation, hunting servals in the middle of a rainstorm. Even the Fire Flower glassworks were smart enough to stay out of this weather. Gales of them huddled under the hoods of street lanterns, leaving whole swatches of streets left unattended, and eerily still. The orange lights didn't do much to penetrate the misty, moonless blackness, but that hardly bothered Rimm.

He reached the end of the maid's directions, and there was the mansion she'd spoken of. Everything seemed at ease – quiet and dark. No sign of forced entry. Why on Eld that batty maid thought the kitten would be stolen was beyond him. Who would break into a house in the middle of the night just to steal a serval kitten anyway? She'd probably lost the thing, crazy dame, and was too embarrassed to go to her mistress or the Dragoons. Not that the Dragoons could be bothered with lost kittens, stolen or otherwise.

In any case, best to give everything a good once over, before he started after any scents. Rimm padded around the neighborhood, angling toward the back of the property. He slipped down a narrow alley, between crooked houses, ears alert for kitten noises as his feet slapped on the wet pavement. Straining his ears for something, he heard a soft skittering sound from the darkness. On instinct he flared his nostrils to catch a scent, but he wasn't in his Hubris form, and so he smelt only rain and trash. Calmly the Wolfkin glanced over his shoulder to see who, or what was attempting to sneak up on him...

(Hope this isn't too far off the mark. XP The ending's kind of lazy, but I don't know how you want to introduce Jet, so whatever - you're getting this. XD If I should change something let me know!)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Scar » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:59 am

A sound, a motion, a fleeting glimpse-- that was all that was needed for this patiently waiting observer. Flashing a toothy grin of achievement, a grin that screamed ill intentions as it vanished as soon as it appeared in the half-light of a lamppost. Moving with purpose and the aura of one on a mission, the shady silhouette trailed quietly. Careful to stick to the security of the dreary shadows, phase one of his plan had gone off without a hitch and now phase two was just about to begin.

Twitching lightly at the chill of rain droplets, dampening the furry ears that stood at attention and honed on the path before him. Working in sync with eyes that so intently staring ahead, obviously fixated on the one he followed. Not once entertaining the petty thought of losing sight of this opposing player of his little game, even if said player was unbeknownst to this game they were partaking in.
But that was just a minor setback, it would all be clear soon enough. Not if this thieving Wolfkin had anything to bark about. Too much precise planning and preparation was put into all this, and he wasn't about to be foiled by some stupid, little details that held no support or consequence. That just wasn't how Jethro played out his handiwork.

With a flick of his tail, Jethro pursued, cautious not to make too much noise as his boots sloshed through murky puddles, sticking to the darker areas as best as he could, and avoid all and anything that could give him away. Then again... where was the fun in remaining in hiding all the time? None, that's what and once more, that's not how this nefarious Wolfkin rolled.

Faltering abruptly, hugging closer to the wall as to submerge himself in the darkness, hunching forward so his palms planted themselves securely on his knees. Ears twitching and eyes narrowing, watching and waiting for what could have possible deterred the other from proceeding forward. Taking a single, creeping step forward as to get a better viewing position, only then did Jethro froze in place and emitted a muffled hum of confusion.
Ears perking up, raising a brow at a soft, ruffling sound that issued forth out of seemingly nowhere until the tip-tapping of rain, instantly piecing together the other's wary behavior upon his own little discovery. Somehow at some point a small piece of trash had gotten lodged into the heel of his shoe, more or less causing unnecessary noise and most certainly was the culprit of his near-unveiling. Of course, Jethro was just about to make his grand entrance, but he wanted to do that in his own flashy way and not by some reckless piece of debris that got stuck to his heel.
That's not a memorable first impression... Not at all. So upon that little mystery solved and fixed, he returned his undying attention to the one he was following.

A crooked smirk dancing on his lips, this was without a shadow of a doubt going to be a night to remember.

"Not a very laid-back fella, are ya?" he questioned coolly from his hiding place. Rolling his shoulders as he concealed his hands within his pants pockets, tail leisurely swaying side to side as he without a second thought stepped out of the darkness and into what little light there was. Taking large, confident steps with a stride that was a little to springy for one that was soaked to the bone. Face displaying a faint, cunning grin that was well matched with the gleam in his eyes.

"Oh come now, why the long face?" he crooned, puckering out his bottom lip in a pout, having at some point turned to walk backwards so he could continue to watch the other, moving in an almost vulture-like circling. "Is the big wolfy of justice afraid to get his paws wet?"
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Silverhart » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:26 am

Shadows danced in the soft orange light behind him. The wolfkin twitched an ear, sensing something behind him, tracking him. And he he should know; he was an excellent tracker. How long had they been trailing him, he wondered? Rimm silently berated himself – he was usually a lot more careful, but the rain and the quiet had distracted his senses. Who was fool enough – besides him – to be out in this glitch-cursed rain?

As Rimm watched, he was unsurprised to see one of the shadows detach itself and ooze out of the darkness, uncoiling like an oily black snake. He smiled grimly, as he recognized the roll of the silhouette's step, hiding the urge to groan behind a flash of gleaming white teeth. Yes, he could pick out that stride anywhere. Well, that answered his question of who was fool enough. Of course it would be him, out on this night, following after him like a lovesick puppy looking for a handout. Why had Rimm even thought otherwise? When was a simple case ever just that – simple?

“Evenin' to you too, Jet.” Rimm touched the tip of his hat in polite acknowledgment of his fellow wolfkin. The figure strode into the misty lantern glow, brimming with false bravado. On most other men such a strut might have singled him out as a pompous dandy, Rimm had always thought. Maybe Jet knew this, and was why he dressed so plainly. Still his vanity managed to show itself in other little flourishes which Rimm had never much cared for. Tonight however, he seemed as pleased as the serval who'd caught the hummingbumble, and he could well imagine the red Wolfkin licking the feathers off his whiskers like one. He had something he wanted to gloat about, otherwise he wouldn't have lured him out here, and then shown himself. Rimm couldn't stymy the soft chuckle in his throat. Exactly how badly did Jet want to tell him his little secret, the detective wondered?

Bolstered by this thought, Rimm smiled smugly as the red wolfkin very calmly, very subtly began to circle him, like a predator. It was nice to see that old instinct hadn't yet been bred out of the Wild's line. Rimm, however, remained unimpressed. Jet should know by now not to try and use old hunting tricks on an old hunter. The Arabian wolfkin shifted his weight to a more comfortable position, and watched Jet leisurely. Since he refused to join his circling dance, Jet was the one forced to work at maintaining eye contact.

Purposely ignoring Jet's question regarding wet paws, he posed his own. “It's cute how hard you keep trying to impress me – though getting a bit tired at this point, don't you think? Most people just send chocolates.” The older Wolfkin pulled his coat closer, shedding a small sheet of rainwater. He cut his bright green eyes back and forth across the alleyway, mentally planning out an escape route should Jet's company prove less then cordial – which judging by that overconfident swagger it probably would. “You couldn't have picked a more charming time or place,” Rimm added, his voice the driest thing in the alley.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Scar » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:00 pm

Cocking his head lightly at the polite, little greeting as it always was when confronting the other man, Jet gave his own nod of acknowledgement, reciting familiar words from time to time prior,"Ahh, evenin' to ye as well, Rimmy boy." Never would you find another duo of justice and crime act out so politely and civil, but that didn't deny the hatred that ran deep between the two.
Stopping abruptly in his stride, Jet scoffed lightly as his ears flattened back somewhat, crossing his arms as he tossed out a question to the question asked with a rather confident tone,"What's the fun in that?"

"Oh come now, chocolate is fattening and last only so long before it's gone," shrugging his shoulders, a knowing, cocky smirk on his lips as he glanced upward, adding in a sing-song voice,"besides ye'd be so bored without me trying so hard to impress ye." Nodding his head to this, gradually his eyes returning to the detective in whom he stared at for a short moment, flashing him a mocking, toothy grin.
"Oh I'm just so overly thrilled that ye like the setting I chose!"Jet chimed with much sarcastic venom and a devilish grin. Casually returning his hands to his pockets, remaining stationary only the while rolling the mild stiffness in his shoulders. Rain overall never truly fazed him, but once the night's chill began to settle in, it really began taking a toll on his constantly used joints.
A weak effort of a chuckle escaped his lips, thinking of something for a second before vocally making his observation known,"Besides if I kept sending ye chocolates than how in the realm of Eldemore would ye be able to catch me?" Tail wagged a hair faster in his attempt to toy and push the other Wolfkin farther.

"I mean, ye already have a time keeping up in the chase." sliding one foot counter clockwise, his body soon followed so he stood at a side profile, staring ever focused out of the corner of his eye. "Speaking of chases, I'm pretty sure the whole reason ye're out and about in this deluge was some fuss about a stolen kit," a single hand had emerged from its hiding place to scratch his fuzzy chin, a crooked smile spreading across his lips,"or am I wrong?"
Raising a brow, Jet exhaled through his lips as to blow a puff of air into the air, shifting his weight where he stood in an almost restless manner. Ears alert and tail bristled as a half upward slant, Jethro looked as anxious as a Jackalope about to take off at the first sign of trouble or movement.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Silverhart » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Jet was being so very polite this evening – he must be especially pleased with himself this night. While Rimm was more then a little curious to find out what this was all about, he didn't feel the need to ask. Jet would tell him soon enough. The wolfkin couldn't stop himself. Crossing his arms, Rimm wondered, not for the first time, how someone as attention-seeking as Jet could content himself making a living off skulking about in the shadows. How on Eld did any of his secret plans work, when he was so eager to show off his cleverness in them? That was one mystery Rimm had as yet been unable to crack.

Pleasantries aside, they both knew how much they disliked one another. The red wolfkin had always rubbed Rimm the wrong way. Despite what Jet said about being bored, the detective would love nothing more then to drag the dirty thief into the Alabaster city jail, and have a judge lock him away for the rest of his miserable life; and then maybe, for once Rimm could take a weekend to himself, instead of chasing Jet's leads over hill and dale. Eh... maybe for life was too harsh. Five years then - by that time at least Rimm could probably catch up on all his current unsolved cases.

Rimm's easy smile twisted as Jet mocked him. Ten years would be better, Rimm decided then. His tail fluffed out in annoyance, even if the rest of his manner remained calm. Glitchin' tail – always giving him away at the worst times. The thief chuckled as if he were the cleverest little prongfox in the world. He slunk around the detective like an alley serval, sliding his gaze to the corner of his bright brown eye. Rimm returned the look, narrowing his eyes to glare suspiciously at Jet.

“Stolen kit?” Ah – there it was. Rimm's ears perked up a fraction of an inch, seemingly curious at this information. Thank you for so easily confirming my own suspicions Jet. Jet really couldn't resist cutting to the chase, could he? It must be especially good, whatever he had to tell him. “Can't say I know too much about that. You know I don't do lost pets, Jet. But thanks for the tip – I'll be sure to let the Dragoons know to keep an eye out." It wasn't a lie - not really. "Behave now, pup.” With that he touched the brim of his hat in salute, and turned on his heel to resume his course down the alley. Oh, he wasn't leaving – Jet would never let him leave just like that. He just had to gloat over whatever it was he was so excited about. He was compelled to - it was his very nature. If he didn't, Rimm was almost certain that Jet would undergo some sort of spontaneous combustion. It was as powerful a desire for him to show off his cleverness, as it was for Rimm to chase. Well, if Jet wanted to tell him his big secret, that was his business - he'd just let Jet chase after his tail for once.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scar » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:05 am

So high and mighty Jet felt, as if dangling a poor mouse by a string in front of a caged Serval. In control and watching the detective squirm in his paws was just something that made his stomach churn with sick pleasure. However, such self-praise was cut dramatically short and bitter when the other turned away in disinterest, leaving the sly thief standing there dumbfounded. Shocked to the point he couldn't quite register what had just happened.
Slowly crossed arms unfolded and fell to his sides, head tilted as he tried tirelessly to piece together what he could have possible said or did wrong to cause this outcome; everything had been according to his plans, ever motion and gesture... even expression and word... All of it had been carefully chosen and placed in a precise order.

"B-But..." ears flattened back, face harboring an expression of hurting disbelief and mild fear, as being ignored was something the dastardly Wolfkin couldn't handle well. "Hey, I- I wasn't finished yet!" Jet retorted, swift was his voice in the attempt to keep the other hinged to his words. Not wanting to lose sight of him, as that defeated the whole purpose of his scheming games. He spent too much time on this master plan and he wasn't going to waste it.
Tail and fur standing on end like a feline in a spitting rage, Jet briskly trailed after Rimm. There was no way in Oblivion he was going to simply let him walk away, that was just now how his nature worked. "Ye're a terrible liar, I know ye talked to the maid." he spat out, for sure Jet wasn't dumb and he wasn't going to be played the fool.

Quickening his pace merely to bypass him, Jet turned sharp on his heels and stood his ground before Rimm, glaring in slowly growing aggravation as he planted his hands on his hips. "Come now, Rimmy boy, ye're not the sort to turn down any sort of paying request." one ear perked forward, forcing a grin to keep himself calm and level-headed. All he needed to further enrage him was an unnecessary shifting into his more canine-esque features. "And technically, it's not a lost pet-- it was stolen, so get yer facts straight." huffing with a hint of stubborn pride, Jet tended to be a bit critical when someone misread his planning, unintentional or not.
"Pet or object, it was stolen, so it's right up yer alley." now Jet was just trying to indiscreetly coax the other to reconsider. It would take jail bars to make Jet let go of pursuing this seemingly petty game.

v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Silverhart » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:09 am

Those sharp ears picked up the stutter in the other's voice, and a sly smile slowly grew over Rimm's features. Though he had his back to him, Rimm could sense the barely contained rage in Jet's words. He probably enjoyed it more then he should have, seeing Jet so desperate for his attention, but he was so easy to mess with - Rimm couldn't help himself.

Rimm cocked an ear at being called a liar. He glanced back over his shoulder at Jet. “Maid?” he asked. His voice was sweet and innocent, but the gloating grin that accompanied it gave him away instantly. Well, no use pretending any longer; Jet was onto him regardless. “Oh – you sent that charming young filly. Ah, ha. Thank you for sending the business my way, Jethro. I appreciate the gesture. If I hear word of something looking to get parted from it's current owners, I'll be sure to inform you in return.” The bent tail waved gently, as Rimm savored the patronization that dripped from his words, as sweet as honeyed mead. He wondered if Jet was really such a fool as to lap it up, thinking Rimm hadn't suspected he'd sent the maid until now – if he was, that would be disappointing.

Jet dashed in front of him planting himself in his Rimm, and bristling like an alley cat. How unsurprising. Jet was as predictable as the winter thaw – and spring was coming early this year it seemed. The jab about payment pricked at the Rimm's hackles though, taking him a bit unawares. He couldn't exactly afford to turn away customers, and it stung a little bit to hear Jet knew – or at least suspected it. He quickly smoothed his fur as Jet turned the subject back to the lost kit. If they had been playing poker, Jet would've just tipped his hand to show Rimm a glance of his cards, knowing Rimm couldn't resist pouncing on it.“How informative - I will make due note of it. And what possible interest could a halfgrown pup like yourself have in missing kits – stolen or otherwise? A part of the reward money, heh? Having a bit of a whack at detective work, Jet?” He gave the other a lopsided grin. “If you're a good boy, I might even consider taking you on as an apprentice.”

This was just too easy. He knew Jet could be easy to control, but still - this was like taking candy from a tree stump. No, no – the Jet he knew wasn't this easy. The red wolfkin had been around a good deal more since his days as a gullible little pup – he was a clever old fox. He might be easy to bait, but he wouldn't be so stupid that he wouldn't be planning two steps in advance while letting Rimm think he was behind three. Don't let your guard down Rimm; you're not in Darak'i, old boy. So what exactly was Jet up to? His curiosity was almost enough that he wanted to blurt out what Jet so obviously wanted him to say, but he resisted. His only advantage lay in his ability to keep Jet talking – and in keeping Jet thinking that it wasn't.

He looked at the other wolfkin still blocking his path. “Jet – I'm getting wet, and you know how hard the scent of wet fur is to get rid of – could you... jet off? There's a good boy.”

(I just had to throw in that last jibe. Rimm will be chuckling over that zinger in bed tonight I'll bet. XP He's as bad as Jet, I swear. XD
    Also already said this but; Eeep! Jet! Your faaaaaace! XD Poor little puppy not getting attention.)
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Scar » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:05 am

Ears flattened out, dripping wet as Jet sneered lightly, not quite taking that petty jab well. If not everything the detective just said struck a wrong chord, but it was never enough to beat his stubbornness. It didn't keep him from glare and growling under his breath, though.
With a huffy snort, Jet said flatly,"Me, your apprentice? You must be daft, not in an Ancient's year would that happen, I garner to even wager a bet that not even any pup I'd sire would dare take ye up on that offer." A devious smirk then creased his lips, mockingly flicking his tail as he started walking. Arms crossed firmly over his chest and with a spin on a heel, he planted himself firmly a few feet head, staring eye to eye with his opposing. A knowing glimmer in his eyes, truly there was more to be played then what was let on.

"Bah, I have no interests in kits, annoying buggers they are," Jet winced in memory of teeth and claws and much hissing, before he cooled his mannerisms and expression that was transparent in revealing there was still aces and secrets to be played,"but who's to say that the real valuable thing here is this stray kit?" Rolling his eyes so he stared skyward, an impish smile teased his lips as he tapped his finger rhythmically against his arm.

For a few minutes, Jet stood there in the same position. Waiting for the set length of time that he had planned before snorting, shaking his head as he held his palms up and shrugged. Clicking his tongue, he said in a somewhat sing-song tone,"Tsk tsk, oh well I guess; the world may never know." Swinging around with ease, he flicked his hand as a gesture of saying farewell to his dear "friend" and began walking away.

"Tis a shame, such a rare thing can be dangerous in the wrong hands." he mused out loud and with obvious intentions, Jet always had to have the last word or at least be the one that was leaving first. Oh the thrill of it, perhaps he was crazy for enjoying this so much but he couldn't care what anybody thought of him... unless it was the hard-headed detective behind him.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Postby Silverhart » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:33 am

Rimm grimaced. Urgh. There was a nasty thought. Jet... reproducing. Ancients above and below, please forbid it. One of him was bad enough. The detective snorted softly. “What makes you think you'll be living long enough to produce a legacy Jet?” He added under his breath: “Or that anyone would want to start one with you, for that matter?”

Rimm continued to study his adversary for more tells, but he needn't have bothered. Jet was happy to lay the bait at his feet. Who's to say that the real valuable thing here is this stray kit? That question rang in Rimm's ears. This was unexpected. What exactly was Jet talking about? 'Tis a shame, such a rare thing can be dangerous in the wrong hands.

And with that, Jet was walking away, and leaving Rimm in the dark. “Dangerous?” Rimm snorted, to himself, as much as Jet. He might've been walking away, but he knew the other wolfkin had an ear turned toward him. It was a poor attempt at a bluff for Jet. If he thought such an obtuse reference to 'danger' would put Rimm off, or make him probe for more questions. “Ah, I'm sure. Big bad wolfkin afraid of a few scratches from a serval kit.” He said it as if he was talking to someone else. “It's that Wilds' blood,” he told the alley. “They cut it thinner and thinner with every generation.” He shook his head, flinging droplets of rain in all directions. Dangerous or no, he had a job to do, an Jet had distracted him long enough. The scent was getting colder with each second wasted on the thief.

It would be easier to just shift and track the Serval that way, though he would've preferred to avoid it. Taking on the form granted him by Hubris was never a simple process – well, no it was actually. It was the staying focused once he was shifted that was difficult. Tracks, once established were easy enough to follow. Scents never lied. Your eyes could play tricks, and magicians could throw voices, but the nose could always be trusted – it was, as Rimm had learned, the only thing to be trusted. His judgment while under Hubris's influence however... that could be iffy.

With all the time wasted on Jet, it seemed that was his only option at finding the lost kit quickly. That glitchin' blackguard... by now the kit could be anywhere, and he could be left searching all night. You didn't exactly help matters, goading him on like that. You could've ignored him, the rational part of his brain said. His wolf brain promptly told the rational brain to shut up. There was always time to put Jet in his place. He was about to shed his coat, when another sound stopped him. The slap of boots on wet pavement approaching. Rimm quickly huddled back under the small warmth, as he waited for the person to pass. Seeing a giant Hubris wolfkin running around the streets at night tended to unnerve folk.

(Yay! More Rimm and Jet! I left the ending open in case you wanted to chuck Cormag in there with bad news. XP Or anyone else really. Or you could totally just ignore it if you have another idea.)
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's