cujo. and Silverhart

Post forms specifically made for either 1x1's or private group role plays. Can include anything from animals, humans to fantasy based role plays. These can be based off of movies, books, or games.

cujo. and Silverhart

Postby cujo. » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:47 pm

the house was a two story, made of pale wood with a thatched roof. a porch went right around the house, sprawling into the grass in the front yard and dropping into the swampy water out the back; a series of thin wooden pillars disappearing into the murky depths to lend structural strength to the building. it had once been abandoned and long forgotten, taken over by insects and rune dragons, until anouk meles, mostly known as badger to the people in the nearest town where she had grown up, had moved out to it and lovingly restored it. it was a family secret, for they had once owned it, and the townspeople never came out to it; sending a message through a sighting of one of the poisonous sea servals who were known to be her fond companions.

"and the trees are sweetly bloomin'," a young woman hummed softly to herself as she danced around the cosy kitchen, twirling on her barefoot toes to avoid a face friend rune dragon that had rushed across the shaggy, faded turquoise rug to find another hiding spot. by herself when no one was listening she had a very pleasant voice. in the company of others, however, nerves generally had her singing deliberately badly to get for a laugh. brushing back a black curl, which popped back into it's rightful place obscuring her peripheral vision, she leaned over a sweet smelling pot that contained a very dark indigo liquid. "with the wild mountain thyme." 'nearly done,' she thought, stressing the words of the song louder than she had been before.

"would you go," the sound of something landing on the far window sill made her turn, smiling at the soft brown fur of her sea serval made an appearance. the serval trotted across the thinner stripe of wood connecting the sills, where nook often kept flower beds, to the open window. "lassie, go?" fingers long, pale and dainty reached out to stroke the head of the belladonna serval. "what's a matter, clo? someone leave a message?" clotho butted her head against nook's hand with a rumbling purr before fixing her with a very steady stare and jumping back down off the window. leaning out she just glimpsed a split fanned tail and the end of a yellow-ish flower disappear around the corner of the porch. "ya bloody oddball!" she shouted after her. shrugging a little at the oddness of one of her bonds, hardly anything new, she turned her attention to some herbs that needed crushing. "and we'll all fall together, by the wild mountain thyme ..."

{{ it is very late at night and this came out far longer than anything i usually write; i've never written out what her house looks like for some reason and i couldn't stop myself x3 sorry if anything came out ramble-y. and i was listening by ear to jensen ackle's version of wild mountain thyme so some of it may be wrong but that would probably fit nook pretty well to be honest; singing along even though she doesn't know the lyrics.
hope this works as a starter, since her serval clotho is out scoping out the area ^^
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

ImageImage

you are my sunshine,
my only sunshine,
you make me happy,
when skies are grey.

ImageImage
eldemore character thread || charahub
cujo.

Re: cujo. and Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Mud. It filled his senses all over. The smell of it filled his nostrils, the pull of it tugged at his boots, the sound of it sucked at his ankles and those of his elkrin, as he led the creature through the swamplands. It was everywhere – darkening his elkrin's white and black hide to brown, and sticking to every part of his gear.

The beast stopped to let out a hacking cough – this wet climate was doing the poor creature no good. Reyhurn rubbed a hand along his warm neck. “Got a frog in your throat there, bud?” he asked Tomally, trying to keep the mood up. The elkrin shot him the closest he could muster to a glare. Tomally was a big, heavy elkrin – a big fluff ball, according to Reyhurn. He was built for hauling through woods and across plains – he was not designed for muddy swamps, and the poor thing looked absolutely miserable in this climate.

“The swamp can't go on too much longer,” Reyhurn tried to assure him. Tomally just huffed, hanging his head low to the ground. Reyhurn pulled him onward. “You'll feel better with solid ground beneath your feet, and a nice dry place to sleep. C'mon, I know a shortcut.” The elkrin stag grumbled – Reyhurn had been on about this supposed 'shortcut' since that morning, and after hours of trekking through wetland he had yet to see it.

(Sorry about the late and somewhat lazy response. I've had kind of a busy weekend. Love that song, though I'm more familiar with other versions ^^)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby cujo. » Fri May 06, 2016 9:46 pm

head tilted towards the open window to hear the clotho if she jumped back onto the sill, nook flexed her toes into the plush rug as she crushed the herbs with a stone mortar and pestle that she thought might once have belonged to her grandmother, continuing to hum and sing softly to herself as she did so. there was no sign of the serval, however. rolling her shoulders a little s she moved, she leapt lightly over the massive direwolf who was soundly sleeping in the middle of the floor with soft laugh. her mother had been a dancer and nook had danced right up until ... well.

shaking her head as if she could physically get rid that particular train of thought, she dumped the herbs into the bubbling indigo brew and took a quick sniff. 'that's coming along nicely,' she thought absently as she grabbed a bowl and nudged the bottom of the stable-style door open with her foot. she let out a soft exhale as the wind stirred her inky curls, walking her fingers over the porch fence and by a firefly rune as she made her way to the edge where the porch dropped way into murky water.

a crooked smile broke out over her face, having caught sight of a little pygmy cuttlefish as she put down the bowl against the side of the rest of the fence. she dipped her fingers into the water, laughing softly as the pygmy engaged in a game of tag. "i would give you a kiss, but i ain't exactly sure yer not poisonous, sweetheart," she said softly as she pulled her fingers away with a small shake. reaching forward she grabbed the pad of water lily and dragged it closer. tugging the flower gently loose, she dropped it into her bowl and sighed.

something soft pushed against her hand and she looked down affectionately at the slightly-built jackalope. she was going to need a net to get in reach another lily but she stayed still, letting her gaze roam across the water to the swampland around it. so maybe sometimes it got a little ... lonely out in the middle of nowhere, she was due a trip into the apothecary soon, anyway - she frowned suddenly, titling her head and leaning a small bit forwards. she swore she'd caught sight a flash of colour and movement out of the corner of her. but that couldn't be right. nobody knew where her house was. "'m losin' my mind, aren't i, lach?" she murmured as she petted lachesis' ears.

{{i'm super sorry this took so long.
i tried to make it a little longer to make up for it but i feel like i just rambled a lot, whoops.
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--
--

ImageImage

you are my sunshine,
my only sunshine,
you make me happy,
when skies are grey.

ImageImage
eldemore character thread || charahub
cujo.

Postby Silverhart » Mon May 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Tomally had finally had enough. The Elkrin stag stopped knee deep in the water, and decided to stay there. Reyhurn tugged on the reins, but the Vanner's stubborn streak was in full gear. Tomally shook his head and ignored Reyhurn as the young man began to berate him. “Slower then a three legged sleipnir in a snowstorm – that's what you are. You're just gonna sit here are sulk, are you?” Reyhurn dropped the reins, and crossed his arms. He glared at the elkrin, who refused to look at him. The young man's temper was wearing thin at this point. He was just as cold, and hungry and miserable, but Tomally didn't see him complaining, now did he?

“Look – I'm not enjoying this any more then you are, but I'm not going to sit here in a swamp while you throw a tantrum, Tomally. Now come!” Reyhurn gestured and started walking. The elkrin didn't move. The young man spun around and stomped back. “Well, alright then. You can stand there all night, you big baby. You're welcome to follow me if you want.” Tomally watched his friend leave silently, flicking an ear occasionally, but otherwise unmoving. Reyhurn soon disappeared from sight.

He had no real intention of leaving Tomally behind. The stag would soon see his folly and follow after, and if he didn't, Reyhurn would circle back to find him. He was so preoccupied with his thoughts the youth almost walked past the house. When he did notice it, he stopped dead, staring. A house in the middle of a swamp? He blinked, thinking the swamp was playing illusions on him. No, that was certainly a house alright. His mind filled with thoughts of lovely dry floorboards, and dry walls, and dry ceilings – perhaps their luck had changed after all. Here was a nice dry place to spend the night out of the elements. “Hey Tomally!” he shouted back over his shoulder as he jogged up to the building. I wonder if anyone lives here... he thought. The building looked in good repair - no holes in the roof or damaged walls as far as he could tell. As he rounded a corner, he found the answer to his question. There on the porch was a strange looking woman petting a jackalope. He raised a hand in greeting, feeling somewhat awkward on having snuck up on her.

(No problem! It happens. I don't mind any rambling - I do it myself a lot. So feel free to ramble away if you wish. ^^)
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Return to Private, 1x1, or Specific Group RP's