Anthropomorphizing Ancients Project

Post your artistic works, adoptable archives, or general fan art here.

What Ancient Should I Anthropomorphize Next?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Mythandian, the Ancient of Life
17%
The Ancient Leviathan
No votes
Sheyra, the Ancient of Luck
33%
The Gravekeeper Ancient
50%
Numair, the Ancient of Time
No votes

Total votes : 6

Re: Anthropomorphizing Ancients Project

Postby Archer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 pm

All I can say is whoa! He looks so powerful, incredible work! I just adore your ancient drawings, you do such fantastic work <3

Hello! :)
If you have any questions
or concerns, or just
want to chat, feel free to
PM me.

Important Links and
Threads

Guides & Tutorials

To watch and protect.

Image Image Image
Archer
Global Moderator

Postby Silverhart » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:47 am

Thank you both! ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:36 am

I know it's been a while since I've posted any new paintings. Dolos is still being worked on, but he's proving quite difficult to nail down. Part of that is wanting to have him in a more active/interesting pose and struggling to find it, and then you know - actually pretty it up and everything. XD I've worked up quite a few sketches only to throw them out when they ended up feeling too stiff when I came back to them.

But I decided to give you all a special treat by showing some of the sketches I've done in this process! Dolos is a bit of an oddity in that it's taking me a lot more sketches then normal to find the pose I want, but I typically sketch at least two or three ideas for every one of these ancients. Some take more, and some take less. I start off just trying to figure out a design I want; exploring attitudes, clothing styles, hair, proportion. Usually I have some idea of the pose I want and will dive right into that, but sometimes, like with Dolos, I don't, so I just start sketching down anything and everything that comes to mind.

These are some of the sketches I've done just for Dolos, trying to figure out how I want him pose him. All the while I'm trying out different ideas. Is he more human, elfin, animal? How old do I want him? Is he a malicious trickster, a playful one or maybe just mysterious? What sorts of accessories and clothing does he have? Ultimately I threw out most of these sketches for one reason or another, but I thought they were interesting to show and who knows - some of them might just be reworked into something else later on.

At the moment I have a sketch for Dolos that I like, and I am currently working it up. I'm pretty confident this will be the last one, but it's fairly complicated, so it's still going to take a while.
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby Sphye » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Oh wow, each sketch has such energy, and some of them such a strikingly different sort of energy than others!! I love the middle and right sketches on the bottom row, especially. It'll be exciting to see how the mysterious Chosen Sketch turns out!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:25 am

Forever and a day later... Dolos is at last complete!

Dolos definitely took the longest so far to complete, and I feel like it shows - definitely my favorite of the batch so far. I love how the pose came out - very Panesque. There are a few wonky anatomy mistakes, but the rendering came out wonderfully. I'm very happy with it.
Last edited by Silverhart on Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Coyote » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:35 am

I love how wonderfully that whole image, from the pose, to the expression, really captures Dolos' mischief. It looks awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. <3
x《▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃》
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅
▀▄▅

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
▅▄▀
▅▄▀