The Monster on the Moon - Original Story

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Did you enjoy the story?

I didn't read it
No votes
Yes it was great
100%
No it was horrid
No votes
It was ok
No votes
It could use some work
No votes
I'll give you feedback in comments
No votes
I'll give feedback in PM's
No votes

Total votes : 1

The Monster on the Moon - Original Story

Postby Behind_The_Sea » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Here's a story I wrote for a creative writing contest. This is all mine, and all belongs to me. Do not use this in any way, shape or form without PMing me to ask. Enjoy!
---

“Well this is it.” She gazed over the empty lands, hoping for a sign of life. It had been days, she was stranded on the moon. She knew she needed to survive, she knew, but how? “It's easier said than done” She remarked “Well is anything easier done than said anyways?” Her ship had crashed on the moon of earth, she’d heard survival stories about astronauts who crashed, and managed to grow food, or survive, but this didn't seem possible. The moon was almost fully barren, no food or water in sight. She knew she was going to run out of her rations soon, she just didn't know how long she could live. Her watch buzzed. “Two days” It read. She had two days of rations, two days to find a source of survival.

She ended up wandering into a small cave. “I'm guessing this is just one of the craters on the moon, right” She tried to reassure herself, But it didn't seem to work. “It isn't possible for anything else to be living here, right? The habitat wouldn't work out.” She continued mumbling to herself, trying to reassure herself, and get back to her exploration. Soon enough down the steep tunnel, she fell into something. A hole. “This is it” She thought to herself, “This is the end for me. I’ll never see my cats again.” Suddenly, with a bit of a jump, she landed on something squishy. “What? How am I still alive?” She mumbled to herself, and although she was quite worn out from falling hundreds of feet onto a squishy object, she was relieved. She survived. “Well, nothing worse could happen, could it?” she mumbled out loud. Moving quite swiftly along the squishy “thing” she walked for as long as she could, and suddenly shouted, as something, an eye? Looked straight up at her. “I was wrong. Lots worse can happen. I am now officially going to be eaten by a moon monster.” The monster suddenly grasped her with it's green sticky octopus like tentacle, and she gasped, as the monster was faster than it seemed.

“Just eat me already” She whispered under her breath. “Woah woah woah, not so fast” A voice came from somewhere inside the moon, she couldn't quite see who, or what in that case, was talking. “Hello? Who’s there? Please don't kill me.” She responded in a quick stumble of words. The voice responded. “Oh, No. I'm not here to hurt you.” It seemed as if they had recited these words hundreds of times. “I'm here to help you.” They continued. She shouted out “Ok, what are you waiting for? Save me, I guess.” “Yeah, yeah one second.” She heard them climb up the sticky creature step by step. “What is this thing anyways?” She tried to think of ideas but suddenly they responded. “You really are new here. This is actually a rare species of squalink, this one’s green, very rare. In this part of the galaxy. In fact, some astronomers call this the moon, crazy, huh.” They responded back. She grasped at the idea there were these horrible creatures in the universe. “So there’s monsters. Great.” She mumbled. “Of course there are! What did you think that feeling you got was when you went to a grave, or that feeling of dread when it turned dark?” The voice was coming closer and closer. She heald her breath, and just hoped this “thing” coming to rescue her was human, or at least looked like one. Soon enough, they came all the way up, and she sighed in relief. “Well, atleast you're human, I was worried you’d be odd.” Examining the person, she realized they didn't seem very old, and was surprised with the knowledge they knew for their age.

“Oh silly me” The person responded “I’ve not introduced myself, I'm Blaze, from planet A.” She seemed surprised, and to that she remarked “ I’m Willow, Planet Earth.” Blaze seemed astonished. “An Earthling? Well I told mom there were more people in the universe then us, she never believed me though, she just told me to get a job and move out of the basement.” He stuttered out in a jumble of words “I can see the newspaper title now, Blaze Williams found the first alien in history!” Willow sighed. “Really? I'm not the alien, you are.” Blaze remarked “No. I am the person here to rescue you, I could let you rot. So, whatever I say goes.” Willow, obviously entertained by this, and not wanting to be rescued by some guy who thinks he’s so great, Used all of her force to get herself out of the grasp, and on top of the creature. “I can just see it now” She mocked “Willow Johnson, first woman to find an alien.” She continued “I rescued myself, I call dibs on talking about an alien I found, once I can finally go home. “Wait wait wait, Can I come with you?” Blaze responded. Willow rolled her eyes “No. Go home yourself. My ship broke anyways, and I’d never want to travel with a complete stranger, let alone someone who only wanted to rescue me to become famous.” Blaze, obviously worried, responded, only with “My ship broke too. I was looking for some help. I was traveling to mars, when suddenly I had accidentally pulled off a handle that was probably important.”

“Ok, Great. How are we going to get off of this planet?” Willow yelled in anguish. “First, we need to get off of this creature,” It's tentacles were still swerving, trying to get the two explorers, but It couldn't reach them. “Do you have anything sharp on you? A switchblade or something? I have an Idea.” Willow confidently announces, “Yes, I do have a switchblade” Blaze responds, and passes her the switchblade. Willow, in one swift movement jumped on one of the tentacles, and cut four suction cups off of the squalink. “Haha!” She yelled as she climbed back to the top in one swift motion, running from the waving arms of the squalink. “Now. Put these on your shoes.” She spoke as if she knew what she was doing, so Blaze agreed. Soon enough, they had to suction cups on their shoes, and without telling Blaze what she was doing she ran off of the creature, dodging it's waving arms, and stuck her feet to the wall. She hit the wall, and took off moving up the wall swiftly, and the sticking sound of her climbing the walls echoed through the cavern. Blaze reluctantly followed what she did, and the pair made it up the wall. Blaze was gasping for air, as this whole exercise thing was new to him, but Willow seemed fine.

They walked for a few minutes, and stumbled upon Willow’s wrecked ship. She mumbled something about ships and taking time. Blaze looked around, it seemed like this ship took a long time to build, and was custom made. Most everything was able to be saved, just one booster, and a few small gears were missing. Soon enough Blaze fell asleep in the shipwreck, and Willow stared off into space, thinking about going home, and soon enough fell asleep. She woke up, and checked her watch. 9:17 Earth time. She needed to get ready to build a new ship, and get off of the moon. She woke up Blaze, and they walked for hours to get to the other shipwreck. Once they arrived, they took many gears, and a booster along with wires, and put it into each of their bags. Once they received all of these items, they sat down, ate a ration, and started to head back.

Once they started to head back, they stumbled upon a small dusty pond, but took some of the water from it because they had no more rations. Soon, when Willow’s watch buzzed with the time, 10:56 PM, they reached their camp. Willow worked on the ship, and Blaze collected food to make sure they had enough for their mission. Some of the goop from the creature was actually edible, so Blaze collected enough for 10 days, which would work perfectly in their mission. After quite a few days of working, willow had successfully gotten each piece in the right place, gotten fuel for days, and stocked up the ship. Willow, finally happy with how far they had gotten to get off of the moon, was fully prepared to leave. They took their things in the ship, and blasted off, seemingly happy.

When they blasted off the egg seemed like it was breaking, but they decided not to worry, as it seemed the monster was stuck to the bottom. Even though they knew they were safe they got out of there as fast as possible. The first few days it seemed uneventful. Willow was happy with the fact they were going to Earth, and not Blaze’s planet X, but surprisingly Blaze seemed happy too.

Finally, the time came to land on Earth, and Willow couldn't be more happy. Something odd seemed to happen when it was time to land. She looked around, and saw so many people that she’d seen before, but how would they be here? They didn't know where she was going to land, or even if she was alive. Besides, these people had odd coloured eyes, and didn't seem too friendly. “Uhm, hello?” Willow yellow out the windows. The people didn't seem to respond, or even acknowledge she was there. She tried again, but louder “HELLO?”
Blaze shushed her before she could ask what was going on. “Be quiet.” He mumbled. “Oh, you thought you were going home, didn't you?” He snobbily remarked. Willow, obviously confused on what was happening, started to ask what was going on. “Not much,” Blaze responded in a matter-of-fact sort of way. “We just need your soul, and we can send you back to earth. You get to tell everyone about a VERY friendly planet made of diamonds that would love to let everyone mine some.” “So you’re using me to get more people to come to this horrid planet” Willow nervously stuttered “Well of course, what else would I do?” And with a wave of his hand, his flesh broke off, and it turned out he was actually blue creature with red eyes, that seemed quite a lot like a bowl of slime.

“If I didn't have that skin suit, how else would I get you to join me? This worked out just like I wanted it to.” And with a press of a button he shoved Willow out of the rocket, and the desperate soul-less bodies started tearing their flesh off, turning into another blob like creature, and grabbing for her soul. “Now now, calm down peasants, I get to get the soul, for it is I who got her.” The blobs below, obviously entertained by him calling them peasants, made a small ladder, and pulled him down, and oddly, started to shove him into a pond, that caused him to dissolve. While Blaze was screaming while melting, Willow, moved by this observation, ran as fast as she could, up the ladder, pushed it back down, grabbed the bucket of water, and poured it into the crowd of hungry blobs below. The blobs sizzled, and melted into piles of goop. WIllow took off as fast as she could, and luckily, she could figure out how to get back. WIllow spent days flying, and finally arrived on Earth. Once she appeared she realized it was barren, and lava along with many other disasters were covering the earth. She noticed a monster, rising out of the lava, almost trying to grab her. She had nowhere to go. The moon was cracking, earth was lava covered, and more blobs were on planet X. The monster grabbed at the ship, pulling it down into the burning ground. Suddenly, she heard a beep. Than once more, Than another, almost like a flatlining of a heart. Than everything went black.
---
Thank's for reading! Feedback is appreciated through comments / poll.
Image Image Image
Behind_The_Sea

Re: The Monster on the Moon - Original Story

Postby Behind_The_Sea » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Bump! Just want to bring this back to the top.
Image Image Image
Behind_The_Sea

Return to Creative Writing