Acer Pixela

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Acer Pixela

Postby Arowana » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:34 pm

Currently, I'm doing a comic class at an art college in my area. I'm making this a four-page comic, but I have much more I want to write down somewhere that can't be squeezed onto these four pages. And so, I will be posting it here. You are allowed to post comments and such, I don't think I really want critique just yet. I will post the chapters on this thread and link them on this main post.

Acer Pixela is about an apocalyptic, futuristic world where there is a large lack of oxygen and no known plants on the earth left. Most beings have left, but there are still a few odd ones out still struggling in the pretty much inhabitable land. They must wear astronaut-like helmets and pump oxygen (or, for water animals, water and oxygen) through a backpack. Because of the toxic air, there are many odd creatures such as humanoid animals, but there are not many creatures. In Acer Pixela, it follows the story of a shrimp-humanoid on a journey to find any plantlife at all.

Chapter One: Holographic Forest

The year is 3115. The earth has become inhabitable for all animals, unless you keep an oxygen mask and or helmet strapped onto you at all times. There is no more natural oxygen, no more nature. The world has been left barren with factories, most not in use anymore, and holographic trees, as if these 'trees' will stimulate a real forest. Most have forgotten what a real forest actually looks like, but I never fall for those translucent images; they're all just pixels. Many creatures have arose, including me; an unnatural, humanoid shrimp. This is not my ideal form; I want to be among the sea again, with a tiny body with multiple legs, not just two. Most humans have left for a faraway planet, but some still roam, the forgotten souls. Like living on Mars is better. Everything is still artificial, fake. Humans just always need change though, or else they get bored, which led to this apocalypse. They will never learn.

I walk upon the grassless ground, replaced with harsh concrete or dirt with no nutrients; dust.

wip
currently hoarding these pygmy drakes! Send me over a trade, I'm looking for lots!
Arowana

Return to Creative Writing