Greene's Collection of Random Ideas

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Greene's Collection of Random Ideas

Postby greenevalley » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:08 pm

I find the recent lore update very intriguing. I've had a few idea's regarding the world of Eldemore and the mystery that surrounds it. However so far all my ideas have remained in my head. This new update, and talk of more to come has definately peaked my interest and I am excited to see what else the admins have in store. Until then it's very amusing interperting certain aspects of Eldemore lore in my own way. Hopefully I can gather my thoughts enough to actually put pen to paper.

This topic is mainly for my own use. There may be some short stories featuring some of my OC's as well as some stories/theories and ideas I have formed that pertain to Eldemore's lore. I'm hoping to extract some writing practice from this, so if you wish to comment on anything with some constructive criticism, or simply your opinion you are more then welcome to do so.

Note: The land of eldemore and all of it's creatures belong to their respective owners, however all story idea's and OC's belong to me. Please do not use any of them without my permission.
greenevalley

The Last of us

Postby greenevalley » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:22 pm

So....I felt like writing today, and this is what I churned out. I apologize in advance as there are probably tons of typos since this was done in a matter of 30 min on an iPad :3 It's just a little blurb featuring a few of my OC's and a developing theory of mine. I'm not sure where I plan on going with this, but I thought I'd post what I have so far.

Even the shadows surrounding the obscure glade failed to completely enclose the misdoings of it's temporary inhabitants. The distinct sound of shuffling feet could be heard throughout, as well as the clatter of rattling chains and the muffled calls of distressed creatures. A decaying wooden platform was present in the center of the sparse clearing, encircled by several makeshift torches. Rickety wagon carts were stalling behind the platform, each adorned with several sets of rusting chains and iron bars in the same condition. The purpose of these structures was clear. Shadows flickered behind the bars, and faint noises could be heard from within.

Large groups of people idled near the base of the platform. Most wore dark clothing along with a hooded cloak, not only to keep out the cold night air, but to conceal their features. Atop the wooden structure stood a man. His figure was almost entirely hidden by a dark woolen cloak, however the hood had been pulled back, revealing the appearance of a middled aged man with a well structured face. Light from the torches flickered across his frontal profile, giving it an eerie glow. On the platform, several paces from the mysterious man, was a raised section of the decaying wood. Mounted on this pedestal was a hand woven basket containing a small clutch of drake eggs. The stone like shells of the eggs glimmered, reflecting the smoldering flames emitted by the torches.

Shadows shifted behind the platform and immediately the atmosphere surrounding the glade seemed to change. Cloaked figures began to stir in anticipation. There was general chatter, though it came to a halt when a robust and slightly disfigured man stepped in front of the stage and announced that the proceedings were about to take place.

The figure in front of the raised structure gradually faded back into the shadows, leaving the auctioneer to his work. Clearing his throat, the man upon the platform made his presence known once more. As the mass of people shifted their attention, he called out with a massive voice. " We will be starting out the night with these lovelies." A gesture was made towards the basket "One-hundred baubles! Is anyone here prepared to offer one-hundred baubles for this magnificent clutch of drake eggs?"
There was only a short lapse of silence before another voice rang out. "One-hundred baubles!" The shout came from across the clearing,clarifying that the bidding had officially begun.

The proceedings continued in much the same manner throughout the rest of the night until many of the creatures in the wagons had been auctioned off in exchange for ridiculous amounts of baubles. Dawn was beginning to approach, and the cloaked silhouettes surrounding the raised platform had begun to disperse, however a sharp call from the auctioneer quickly halted them. "Wait my friends!" His voice was hoarse and slightly raspy due to a long night of raising it, nevertheless it still carried across the glade. "There is still one last creature that I would very much like to draw to your attention." The man drew out his arm, flaring his cloak in a flaunting and dramatic fashion as he motioned to a crew member in the rear. The worker, whom had been lounging in the back, quickly righted himself before nodding and carrying out the auctioneers unspoken command.

It was only a short while before the boy appeared behind the platform again. This time with a creature in tow. The beast was in a sorry state, just as most of the other poached creatures had been. Nevertheless, it still caught the attention of many of the figures in the crowd. There had been quiet conversations starting among the people however the sight of such a beast was enough to hush them. After a moments pause and a gesture from the auctioneer the boy began guiding the creature to the center of the platform. It's movements were slow and cumbersome, but with patient encouragement from the boy, the animal planted itself center stage. The cloaked man inclined his head toward the boy before snagging the beast's lead rope out of his hand and gesturing for him to leave. The animal did little more then flicker an ear at the sound of the departing workers footsteps. Its spirit had broken long ago, and the fire that every living creature holds within their reflective eyes had been efficiently drowned out. It stood with scarred and trembling legs as the man holding his freedom attempted to auction it away.
greenevalley

Return to Creative Writing