~ Sea Wolf - an Eldemore fanfiction

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Re: ~ Sea Wolf - an Eldemore fanfiction

Postby Sphye » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:45 am

The first two chapters are great! I absolutely love your writing style. It's as descriptive and enjoyable as some of my favorite novels. I can't wait to read more!
by ebriose.
"But I still hold out hope that maybe someday
I'll be worth more than all the silence left in my way"

♪♪♪

Postby Silverhart » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:07 am

Sphye wrote:
The first two chapters are great! I absolutely love your writing style. It's as descriptive and enjoyable as some of my favorite novels. I can't wait to read more!

Thank you! ^^ I'm so glad you liked it.

It's my "very proper historical" style. XD I did my best to emulate the style of 18th - 19th century speech and writing patterns without it being too dry or hard to read. I write a lot of historical fiction stories set in those eras, and I thought it'd be good opportunity to work a bit more with getting the tone to feel right. If someone notices anything improper, I'd appreciate being told. ^^
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Eldemore Fanfiction ~ Current Project ~ Deviantart
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Tue May 19, 2015 11:34 pm

Dun Dun Dun.... the story returns!

It's been like - what, two months since I last worked on this? Yeah, don't expect a faster schedule. XP *is lazy* In my defense it's less laziness, and more that my free time is being devoted to other projects. But I do so love my ditzy Sterling (as only an author could!), and scmarshtacky's latest Eld fanfiction has gotten me fired up to work on some more Eld fiction (seriously, go read their story - it's awesome!), so you guys get more Sterling.

Please contain your excitement.

Wait actually - don't! Chapter Three is really exciting, guys! We've gotten through the boring exposition parts and the plot has come charging straight at us riding on a flying rainbow unicorn Sleipnir, brandishing a flaming broadsword and screaming obscenities in our faces (figuratively speaking- at least for now).

Speaking of obscenities, credit where it's due to Tyasi for coming up with the Eldemore swear of "Glitches!" I've adapted it here because you know - sailors. XP

Lastly, the switch to the new servers messed up some of the quotes in the first two chapters. I went in and fixed them up, but let me know if I missed something, or if you see any kind of typo.

Critique is greatly appreciated. I personally feel like the first two chapters are a bit too stiff, while the third suffers from being paced too quickly. I also worry Sterling is too unlikable and too uninteresting to carry the story, and if you guys would like to let me know how you honestly feel about that I'd appreciate it. Sterling is a rather unlikable fellow by design, but I do hope he's interesting enough that readers will give him a chance, and at least find his antics amusing. X3
Hellooo!
My name is Silverhart and I am here to collect pets, draw fanart, and geek out over Eld related things. And all while simultaneously searching for the truth behind the very many excellent questions. I am a stamp enthusiast, a loyal minion to my Lord Sullivan, partaker of muffins, and a shipper of apologies.
Silverhart

Postby cjr09 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:09 pm

EXCITED ELKRIN NOISES

That was really good, I can't wait for more of Sterling's antics. Mortiz is officially the most sane character in the story, though I doubt it'll last.

I actually really like Sterling! He's already set himself apart as a character, and he'll pull away from the first-chapters stiffness with more time to explore his character.

Basically, I'm in love and need more immediately.
cjr09

Postby Lailic » Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 pm

I do enjoy the story quite a bit. I love Sterling. I definitely do not think he is unlikeable. Quite the opposite xD i can't wait for another chapter.
Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Postby Silverhart » Thu May 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Thank you guys for the encouraging words! ^^ Glad to see Sterling isn't too unlikable as to upset readers... even if he does smack slipslops with swords... XP

Moritz will do her utmost to hold onto her sanity, though Sterling is definitely going to make things a bit difficult.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Postby Silverhart » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:02 am

Chapter Four is finally up. Also, meet Elias everybody. He's awesome. This chapter has a lot of pointless arguments and foreshadowing (ooooh foreshadowing - let's play a game called 'can you spot the foreshadowing? No? Okay.) And puns. There's place name puns. I'm horrible with location names, so... puns. Um... I have very little to add actually. Just enjoy!

Hopefully the next chapter will be more exciting. Personally I thought this chapter was kind of fun - we got some nice conflict, some character introduction and development, some setup for the bay and future stuffs... but, there's no fun battles, and very little of Sterling making a fool of himself, or Moritz's sarcasm in this one. It'll be back soon though - it's all apart of the plan. *cackles evilly*

**EDIT: Oh right - forgot that some people may not understand why Sterling is referring to Mister Burdur's liver. It stems from the term 'lily livered'. Back in Medieval days, people believed the liver was where courage originated. If you were a coward your liver would be white from a lack of blood, whereas if you were brave it would be a deep red. So Sterling is subtly-not-so-subtly calling him a coward - which, you just do not do. It's worse then calling someone the son of a twice-glitched, cross-eyed, ram-horned-coyote-lovin' Wolfkin - you just don't do it.
Hellooo!
Silverhart

Previous

Return to Creative Writing