Drabblings (posting is welcome, searching for critique)

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

Drabblings (posting is welcome, searching for critique)

Postby SilentObserver » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Just some things I type out when I'm bored *shrug*
    Feel free to post, and yeh
Last edited by SilentObserver on Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SilentObserver

Postby SilentObserver » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:12 pm

-
Last edited by SilentObserver on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SilentObserver

Re:

Postby SilentObserver » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Reserve
SilentObserver

Re: Re:

Postby SilentObserver » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Reserve
SilentObserver

Roleplay improvement

Postby SilentObserver » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:44 am

These are some of my favorite or random moments in roleplays that I feel I need to improve on. I would appreciate feedback ^^

Method: Character's point of view

Beginner- "You're not allowed to touch him." Yes. That was my answer.

Intermediate- Even though my face didn't show any emotion, I wasn't going to let Garth lay a hand on Hebi, "You're not allowed to touch him." Yes, it was my answer and I was sticking to it.

Semi-Literate- My face didn't show any sign of emotion as I swatted Garth's hand away, but I was indeed upset with the fact that Garth was trying to lay a hand on Hebi. First off, I did not request for Hebi to be taken off of my shoulders. Second of all, I did not want Hebi off of my shoulders. I was in a state where I was worried, afraid and confused about a lot of things... "You're not allowed to touch him." That was my answer. I wasn't planning on changing it either... I actually enjoyed the snake's company even if I didn't necessarily show it much. And right now... I didn't want Hebi to be taken away from me. When I first met him I figured he'd be another person I would glare at and hate, but I realize that he cares about me... At least that's what I see. I thought about just a mere ten minutes ago when he kept his arms around me. Normally I would push him away and get upset fairly quickly, but I didn't want him to let go...
    And if that's not reason enough to slap Garth's hand away from touching Hebi, then you must be crazy.

Literate- WIP

Method: Narrator's point of view
SilentObserver

Postby SilentObserver » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:29 pm

It was a blanket. No.
    A restraint.
    A restraint of my freedom.

Those papers lay there on my wooden desk. My lamp seemed to make them brighter... Encouraging them to continue screaming at me.

"Failure!"

The hissing voice was trapped in my head. It repeated frequently. Every time I walked out of my room, left the paper's presence, touched a game controller or my phone; it snarled at me. I listened to the voice for so long that I no longer minded the voice. It was just another thing that bothered me once in awhile. Something that contributed to my outbursts of tears and screams. There was something I could do about it. I just didn't. I just don't. In full honesty I KNOW that there's going to be an end to this tunnel I am walking through, but I just haven't found the light, and I don't even know if I'm walking in the right direction. There's so many paths to take. They all lead to the same exit, but it depends on what routes you take. Those routes will make up how your exit will be.

But I now ask myself if I'll even let myself walk out of the tunnel. It's just so dark...
    I ask myself how I can sleep at night knowing that I'm not up to my expectations. Everyone tells me that I can, but I say that I can't! I know I can, but I just... Won't let myself believe that I can. I don't understand and maybe I never will, but I do know that it's so simple to sit down and put my pencil to the paper. I know what to do, but I just don't do it.

"Failure..."

I already know so. But I don't want to be what I am calling myself. What others are calling me subtly.

"Failure..."

A failure is what I am. I am almost the epitome of that horrid word...

"Failure!"

I can't do it.
SilentObserver

Return to Creative Writing