scar's eldemorian tales -

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

scar's eldemorian tales -

Postby Scar » Fri May 22, 2015 7:01 am

Last edited by Scar on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Scar

Origin of the Anti-Sealer--

Postby Scar » Wed May 27, 2015 7:16 pm

Tears so delicate slithered unfettered down a young face, falling from mismatched eyes that sparkled in anguish. Too young... too young was the one shredding such heavy tears of emotion. Whimpering and cradling a wrist that was bruised and swollen, careful to move it as little as possible, for every little motion was torture. Sheer agony in its rawest form.
Hair golden like wheat ready for the harvest, dirtied and tangled and matted from a scuffle, the little boy sat isolated in a grimy alleyway. Distant bustle of townsfolk not too far to either sides of him, but it was those very streets he was hiding from. Those very streets that had caused him this physical pain, and for what cause, because he was an damned abomination.

Stifling gross sobs if not only to cause himself to hack and cough and cry harder, holding his broken wrist dearly as he huddled himself inbetween in a tight space between some piles of garbage. Clothes freshly rent and torn from what had happened only moments ago, replaced with a pair of wings that so tightly tucked around him as if to form a shield of protection. He had done nothing wrong, nothing but walk his own merry way until a group of no-good teen boys decided to make it a game to mock and bully the defenseless Halfborn. He had been minding his own business, avoiding all and everyone he could. And yet, there he was. Alone and hurt, as it per usually was whether it be physically or emotionally.
Rubbing the back of his good wrist against his bloodshot eyes, sniffling and struggling with a bought of hiccups as he tried to rein in his emotions, which not always worked in changing him back...

"I... I just don't understand..." he whispered to himself in a hoarse voice. Ignorant of the pain that came with what he was, he had no parents to tell him what he was nor did he even remember them. He has always been on his own as long as he could remember. Feeling hot tears well up in his eyes once more, the orphaned boy buried his face in his arm and wept quietly. Tucking pink, three-toed feet closely to his body as to try and make himself fully disappear, displaying the only article of clothing he had left, a pair of torn pants that was left from the shifting.

From there, he didn't move again. If not crying himself to sleep in his little corner of trash heaps. Restless and no dreams to feel the void, an air of emptiness cloaked over his being like a heavy, wool blanket. Smothering him and pulling him deeper within the depths of his tattered mind... when all of a sudden, something-- Something tugged him. Easing him back to awareness where he was greeted with a warm, wet sensation smoothing over his tear-stained cheek.

Fluttering heavy eyelids, trying to sweep the sore weariness away and as his vision focused, he gazed upon a curious sight. Squeezing itself between his legs, an otterling stared at him with an inquisitive sparkle in its pupilless, pink eyes. However, that wasn't what made him stare. It was the mere fact that the otterling's head was severed and seem to hover in place, revealing the muscle and red, body tissue in its neck. Oddly enough though, the sight of the undead otterling didn't frighten him nor surprise him, if anything, it was a welcoming sight to the lonely halfborn.
Sniffling because of a partially snuffed-up nose, a weak smile teased his lips as he shakily reached out his left hand and petted the otterling on its floating head, accepting its presence happily. "You're a cute one, aren't you?" he whispered, swallowing a parched clot in his throat. Proceeding to scratch the otterling's head with a single finger, humming weakly a tune that he has always known but never could recall from where.

"We don't have time for this..."

"I know she's around here, she couldn't have gone far!"

But such a heartfelt moment couldn't last, fleeting and abruptly ending on a bittersweet note as the boy jerked in place, cowering further in his hiding place. Hearing voices that were a little too close for his comfort, causing the otterling to vocally react in unexpected alarm of the child's response to the voices.

"Did you hear that? That was Curly!"

Hearing clearer the owner of the voice, the otterling perked up excitedly and scurried a few feet away from the frightened lad. Standing tall and joyfully on her hindlegs as she listened and waited, anticipating the approach of the voice. Growing in excitement upon the sounds of footsteps, meanwhile the little halfborn remained silent and still, hoping that just maybe if he didn't move that he'd go unnoticed.
Sinking his head between his shoulders upon the voice calling out a name which he assumed belonged to the otterling, stiffening his body as the echo of footsteps grew so close he swore they were just around the corner of the pile of debris he hid behind.

"Ah-haa, told you she was near!"

Sucking in his breath, the boy froze in place as the footsteps came to a halt. Whoever the voice was talking to didn't answer but there was an air of something he couldn't quite place that only just appeared upon when the second pair of steps stopped.
"Oh, good, ya found her." a new voice joined in on the fray. He hadn't heard any other footsteps save the two before, so where did this third man come from? "Yep! Now we can be on-- huh!? Curly, where you going!!?" the voice questioned hastily when the otterling turned away from him and waddled over to where the boy had tried to camouflage himself. Biting his chapped lip, the boy shook his head at the otterling as if to try and convince the creature to no reveal him, but the otterling just stared. Head tilted as it made a cute noise, suddenly excited and scurrying closer until she comfortably plopped her body on the boy's lap.
Mouth agap hesitantly and in fear, uncertain of what to do or how to escape this predicament, but before he could even try anything--

"Huh? What's this?"

Eyes darting up and away from the content otterling, the boy stared up at a rather bight-eyed man with an eccentric vibe about his appearance. Smile creasing widely along his lips, a smile that seemed more genuine than the boy had ever seen shot towards his being. "Whatcha find, Fin-Fin?" that mysterious third voice inquired, a face with sharp features and dark-grey locks peeked around the corner, bearing eyes of similar nature to the boy's.
So quiet and unnoticed at first, another pair of eyes had been watching, standing behind the two curious men in what looked like an impatient manner was another man with a bit more age than the other two. This man didn't saying anything, but there was something about his weathered expression that was oddly welcoming.

"What de ya know, it's a little halfborn chickling." the man of half avian nature spoke up with a half smile, leaning against a worn scythe that was taller than himself. "Very much so, Davy," Fin spared him a glance and a crooked smile.

Wary, the boy just stared at them with wide eyes as they talked amongst themselves; not a word- not a movement, just sat there. Momentarily forgoting the otterling that so cutely poked her head up to look over his knees, quite delighted in the boy's presence and as if begging if they could keep him. "That's a good idea, Curly!" Fin blurted out. Eyes shimmering with such a sparkling light of excitement, able to read what the otterling was thinking through her mannerisms. Looking to Davy, it was taking all is strength to stifle this glorious idea and when he was about to relay it to the halfborn man, he was sharply cut off.

"Stop yelling, Finnigan, you're scaring the boy."

Glancing over his shoulder at his fellow necromancer, Finnigan took a second to stick out his bottom lip in a pout before opening his mouth to protest,"Oh, pfft, come now, Erebos, I'm not scaring him!" "I'm not scaring you at all, am I, lad?" shooting the boy a grin, the halfborn boy didn't respond but just stared back at him. Muttering something under his breath, Erebos just shook his head about to say more when the slightly younger necromancer chimed loudly,"Anyway, I say let's keep him!"

Moving sudden as if to scoop the child up in his arms, not quite appropriate actions to the little boy's liking who was still very frightened, Finnigan found his seemingly harmless gesture ended prematurely. Not even getting a foot closer to the boy when he was grabbed by the collar of his jacket. Yanked back firmly and away, he was about to whine in protest when Erebos said sternly,"He is obviously frightened, don't break his personal space or you'll scare him more." Pulling the other back, giving Finnigan a hard stare before turning his focus to the still confused and frozen-in-place boy.
Taking slow steps in approaching the lad, he eased himself into a squatting position as to be at closer eye level with the child. "Hey there, it's alright, we're not going to hurt you," Erebos started, eyes flicking away as to put emphasis on his companions. "What's your name?"

Swallowing, the little boy shifted a little in place, unsure but a bit more relaxed, looking down at the otterling that still occupied his lap, he choked out in a raspy, weak voice,"A-Adam... that is m-my name, s-s-ssir." Slowly Adam's eyes moved to look up at the other, it was just so different from what he was use to, nobody ever acted like this towards him.
"Nice to meet you, Adam, my name is Finnigan but you can call me, Fin-Fin!" Finnigan suddenly said, broken the air of care and comfort that the other necromancer had tried to set. Teeth clamped tight, a flare of annoyance making itself known in Erebos's hard expression but it disappeared shortly after when Adam focused a weary chuckle. "N-nice to meet you too..." Reassured that the avian halfborn child was opening up, Erebos stood back up if not nearly forced out of the way as Finnigan intended to do what he had set out to do before. At least this time Adam didn't seem so scared, surprised still but not scared when the hyper man picked him up. "Holy Dolos, you're as light as a feather~!" Erebos rolled his eyes and Finnigan simply snickered at his little pun, Davy even giving a soft chuckle and observed from a distant. Not being much of sort to get really involved in anything as he adjusted his grey wings and watched in intrigue.

Unfazed, Adam just hung limp and watched in mild amusement, wincing here and there on occasion. "Hmm... What happened there?" out of the blue, Erebos questioned sternly. Eyes narrowed on Adam's bruised wrist, a spark of something dangerous flashed in his eyes as if wondering who would dare hurt a child like this. Only when the other pointed it out did Finnigan take notice, furrowing his brow as he frowned,"I... I... it is..." Adam couldn't quite get the answer out, feeling guilt for no reason at all, it was just the way the two men were looking at him.
"Nevertheless, it'll be fine, we'll get that taken care of and healed in no time." cutting off Adam's rambles, the older necromancer reassured him that it would be alright.

"So does that mean we get to keep him!?" Finnigan bounced on the balls of his feet, grinning big as he looked to Erebos hopefully. "Hmm?!" raising a brow, oddly taken by surprise by the other's sudden question, Erebos for a moment examine the boy before turning his head a way. Crossing his arms, he answered with a deep exhale,"I don't see why not..." There was a glimmer of something, a small spring in the older man's step, acknowledging that this was perhaps the only way he'd ever have a son.

Exclaiming loudly and praising Oblivion, Finnigan rambled off numerous things that he would share and show the boy. Not yet knowing the Adam would later on reveal his fascination of the art of necromancy.
Not quite yet ready to put Adam down and let him walk on his own, Finnigan happily carried him like a little sack of potates. Baffled and still unsure if he may have been dreaming or nor, Adam didn't say much but just savored the feeling, the feeling that these three didn't turn up their noses and curse him. They treated him just like a normal person. Curly at one point or another making her perch on his shoulder, proud of herself in finding this homeless boy.

It was all thanks to her that this little, precious family was even started and completed~
Last edited by Scar on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE
ɪᴛ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇᴅ ʙʏ ʜᴀʀᴍᴏɴʏ ❞

ImageImage
text text text text text text t
Have questions?
Feel free to drop a PM! c;
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

Origin of the Anti-Sealer: Chapter 1

Postby Scar » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:02 am

"Born Without A Name"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It had only roughly been over a week since that day... that day his life changed completely. Not that Adam was complaining, it had just been so unexpected and seemingly unreal that even now he was still trying to digest that this really did happen. That this was reality and not some cruel illusion, that unlike what many have told him, he actually had a family. A unique, questionable family for sure, but in his heart, he could never ask for a better.

Sitting on the floor in a empty corner, legs crossed as the window to his right streamed in rays of light through the trees outside. "Ohhh, look at this one, Isidore!" the scrawny Halfborn said. A hint of excitement in his voice as he maneuvered the worn, leather-bound book so the Liger that sat beside him could see. It was large, heavy book that dealt from beginner to expert fundamentals of necromancy, and considering its size, it was difficult for Adam to handle. He was very little and fragile thing, and that wasn't even including his still mending right wrist, all clean and dressed in a simple cast. And moreover, he didn't even know how to read, he just liked to look at all the pictures.
Isidore's shadow loomed over the half-Avian child as she tilted her head, giving an acknowledging, rumbling purr to the young lad. Sparing a glance to her mate, Howell, a slumbering male in whom Adam snuggled so warmly into his side, both were of the Voodoo breed and so it made them plushier than normal.

"I wonder how this--" Adam abruptly halted in his intensely focused muttered to look up and over the top of the book. Blinking as a darkly clad figure shuffled across the room, the tall scythe giving away who it was. "Morning, Davik..." Adam said in a plain but sincere voice. Slowly leering over his shoulder, clearly in distaste and grogginess as Davik grumbled 'it's too sunny outside' or something like that under his breath. Disinterested in any conversation the boy may want to try and start, the Halfborn man said nothing more and walked away, probably going to hole himself up in his bedroom until either a storm rolled in or night broke.
Curling his toes restlessly, Adam looked up to the female Liger that just seem to give a glare of her own towards the grumpy man. Reaching out a hand to softly stroke her fur, Adam gave her a smile as to calm her motherly instincts. Wary of the needle tips that stuck out at random place in her coat as he continued to stare over the pages hungrily for what pieces of knowledge he could glean.

A few silent minutes had passed, still petting the Liger's stout shoulder and turning pages here and there, almost completely zoning out of his surroundings until a pair of footsteps and something moving in his peripheral caught Adam's interest. Uttering a weak 'huh' out of curiousness, Adam observed quietly the moment Erebos opened the front door, and disappeared beyond it. Then it appeared... that odd quirk that nagged him like an itch he could never fully scratch away.
Eye twitching lightly, he bit the corner of his lip and forced his attention on the pages full of words and illustrations but the desire was too strong. It had to be done! Filled with determination, he set the book on the floor beside him quietly and shakily rose up to his feet. Waddling over to the still open door, reaching his mildly chubby hands to encase the doorknob and gradually push it closed. Once he heard the resonating click, a sigh of relief escaped him and he took a step back to gaze upon the seemingly tall door, proud of his little action.
Turning away, intending to return to his little sitting spot but got distracted trying to fix the cuff of his long sleeves. It was then a loud, jarring thud sounded from behind him, causing Adam to jerk in place out of reaction to the loud sound, turning around to look towards the door in fearful surprise. Quivering a little, he wringed his hands nervously as he waddled closer to the door and grabbed the knob to work it open again slowly. He hadn't looked outside when he closed the door, so when he peeked through the crack he made to see what caused the noise, he was greeted with familiar face. A face that didn't look quite happy and whose clothes with soaked in the abdomen area.

Swallowing hard, Adam felt his stomach sink in guilt, he hadn't known that Erebos was just outside the door, and with a cup of water no less. Standing there looking like he had been caught in the act of a crime, pushing the door the remained of the way with the back of his wounded hand. It was best to face it head-on than run away from what he did, even if it was completely accidental. He was just following this unnatural sensation of closing all doors, no harm done. Or at least, not until this moment where he assumed Erebos turned around and ran into the door, spilling his drink on him in the process.
Fiddling anxiously with his fingers, Adam opened his mouth to speak but no words came, just stuttering noises that only got him more worked up than needed. Forcing his hands apart and to his sides where he ended up kneaded his fingers into his palms, unable to keep still. "I- I-- I'm s-sorry, I-I didn't mean--" he managed to croak out in faint hoarseness. "I didn't know you--"

"Don't. ... Don't fret yourself." Erebos silenced his near tear-filled babbling. Momentarily glanced to the door, confused and wondering for who knows the amount of times of what the deal was with this boy and closing everything from doors to cabinets to gates to even lids. Nothing could be open.

-- I will continue, I will finish; I is determined; probably won't finish --
Last edited by Scar on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?
Have an great day!

"Scar- the Ancient of Destroying Evidence"
"I like big men and I cannot lie~"

✦ ✦ ママ犬 ✦ ✦

ɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
very well,
THE LOVE
WITHIN MYSELF

✦ ✦ ✦
ImageImage

❝ ᴏɴʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ
BREAK
THE SHELL

Scar

"Animal Instinct of Greed"

Postby Scar » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:55 am

"We are... the Animal Instinct of Greed"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"How may I help ye, sir?"

"Hmm?" the darkly-clothed avian mused quietly, trailing his gaze over to the owner of the voice. The owner was a stout fellow, tall and brawny with a warm demeanor and a rather unique and intricate hair braid. "I'm not entirely sure." the avian responded, looking over the menu. Arms loosely crossed and speckled for flour, the man simply chuckled and said,"Well, take yer time." Before turning and walking over to a stone oven, carefully shoveling out a loaf of cinnamon bread that filled the air with a rich aroma. Settle it out to cool, the man cleaned his hands on the edge of his apron and wiped his brow with a rag he retrieved from his back pocket. Quietly admiring his handiwork.
"Mmm, that smells very nice." the avian commented, receiving a hearty chuckle and a response,"I'm going to take a guess that'd ye would like to order some cinnamon bread?" "Well, I've always had a soft spot for cinnamon, so why not, I guess I can splurge a little." the avian responded thoughtfully, watching the other quietly as he gathered his order.
"I must say, I don't get a lot of ye folk around here, save for a halfborn or two." he said, casually walking over to where the avian sat at the counter with small basket containing a wrapped up loaf. "What's ye name, if ye don't mind me asking?"

"Hmm, I don't see why exchanging names would pose an inconvenience to me." the avian responded with a clear tone, slightly unraveling the loaf as to take a piece out of it. "Dexter, but I prefer to be called Dex." Straightening up on his seat and careful not to ruffle his wings, Dex held himself with obvious pride but that didn't seem to faze the baker.
"Nice to meet ye, Dex, as ye probably know already but out of courtesy, my name is Cornelius." a broad grin creased his face as he went about stocking up the display with varies different times of sweeties. Not to be confused with the Breakfast Baked Runes that loitered about, camouflaging with their surroundings and on the occasion, taking nibbles out of the bakers wares.
"Ahh, yes," Dex stifled a questionable smile, folding his hands over his lap,"I've heard many great things about you from some people I work with." Tossing the piece of cinnamon bread in his mouth, his words seemed to have caught the baker's attention in a nonchalant way. "Oh, why, how nice of them," Cornelius smiled warmly with a hint of bashfulness, clearing off some silverware as he added,"be sure to tell them the next time they stop by that it is on the house." Raising a curious brow at the baker, Dex harbored a professional smile on his lips as leaned forward. "How is it that you keep this whole fancy bakery of yours open if you're practically giving everything away?"

Blinking rapidly in surprise as he was genuinely not expecting such a bold question, Cornelius stiffened and froze his place. Hands concealed under soapy water as locks of muddy brown fell over his freckled face, purposely focusing his attention elsewhere.

"I don't know what--"

"Let's just cut to the dire chase, my friend." Dex abruptly rose from his stool. Palms planted firmly on the counter and feathers lightly ruffled up, his tone was sharp enough to catch the baker's full gaze. "I'm well informed of your little side occupation, so don't play serval with me!" Mouth partially agap, Cornelius stared at him in befuddlement before saying in discomfort,"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid ye have the wrong person." Pulling away from the sink and away from the avian, he dried his hands on his apron and began walking towards the side door.
With the uttering of a little bell, Cornelius opened the door and held it open, saying in a flat, demanding tone,"I believe it is about time ye leave."
Glaring darkly, Dex steeled himself as to not lose control of his temper, letting out a heavy sigh as he took the basket and made his way over. Sparing a dangerous exchange of a glance, Dex wasn't given much of a chance to speak or threaten when his whole world begin to spin.

A jarring shot of pain run threw his body as his back was forced against the wall, relentless hands gripping strong to his jacket, ensuring he was securely pinned back. An equally intimidating pair of eyes stared back at him, completely opposite of what they were before. Dex smirked and furrowed his brow, saying cheekily,"My, my. The human has talons."
Cornelius just stared before very slowly letting go, taking a step back as he glanced around them. There was a reason why he personally showed him out, and through that door specifically as it lead into an ally that was strategically setup with crates and barrels. Allowing for easy hiding and no unnecessary ears or eyes.

"Ye talk too loud." Cornelius remarked coldly, face hardening as he crossed his arms. Dusting off his suit jacket, Dex gathered his bearings, saying mockingly all the way,"What a front, you almost had me fooled." The baker didn't respond but merely stared, seemingly unamused and hurt by the avian's words. 'It-it wasn't a front...' Cornelius thought, averting his eyes. But was that indeed the truth?
Fixing his tie, Dex was intentionally delaying his time, he still wasn't very pleased with being brute-forced against a brick wall by a mere baker.
"Well, need I say anymore as I'm guessing you are aware of what I have to ask." Dex clicked his tongue, adjusting his sleeves and all the more making Cornelius restless. Slowly his arms fell to his sides, Cornelius was hesitant. Shifting his weight and avoiding much contact, the avian seem to pick up on that and in the possibility the other refused, he added in a croon,"The payment in return is a hefty sum." Almost instantly catching the baker's gaze returning to him upon what he said, there was still some reluctance but Dex wasn't afraid, he knew.

Not wasting anymore time, Dex outstretched his hand. "Do we have a deal?" Heavy eyes looked upon that hand in shame for even considering this, but then in the fleeting second of change, Cornelius's expression hardened and evaporated of any trace of guilt. Willingly taking up the offered hand in a firm handshake, not at all regretting the inevitable Fate encroaching on his life.
Dex grinned, delighted in this outcome and even went as far as planning for the future,"I think you and I will make for good company."

"After all, animals of greed must stick together."
Last edited by Scar on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v
v
v
v

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ
LOCKED DEEP INSIDE OF ME

BUT NOW IT'S FREE

ImageImage
Have questions?