The Lady of the Prongs - Eldemore Fan Fiction

Share your stories and written works here. Keep all writing user friendly.

The Lady of the Prongs - Eldemore Fan Fiction

Postby Lailic » Thu May 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Authors Note
Hey guys! So I just wanted to say some things before I got into the story. Since Prong Foxes don't have really any lore yet I will be improvising a little to work with this story. Once the lore comes out I may or may not depending on how similar they happen to be, change around the story to put more accurate information about the Prongs.

Another thing is the Characters, the story will follow my character Lailic as she grows up in the elusive world of the prongs. A world few humans get to encounter, with her two Prong companions Stone and Nyra.

Comments and critique are very welcome, and I hope you all enjoy my little tale of Eldemore. :)

Chapters
Chapter one - First post
Chapter two - Not up yet

chapter one wrote:Light trickled through the holes in the ground. Three sleeping figures slowly coming back from a long night in the dream realm. A place where their imaginations ran wild. One was unlike the others. The young girl had faced so much in her ten years. Becoming an orphan at the age of five, and left to die on the road by a careless couple who was in charge of bringing the orphans to "safety".

Only to be saved by a prong fox mother. The vixen had two kits, one black and one red. It's hard to say why exactly she went out of her way to save the young girl when she had kits to raise. But she did with great success. These kits just happened to be the other two nestled beneath the musky ground. With a slow sluggish movements the girl awoke. Opening first one eye and then the other.

She sat up with a yawn rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting and she glanced over at her sleeping companions. Some would find it odd to wake up in a burrow with a pair of prongs. But not Lailic, for this is all she has known since she could remember. She is not aware of how rare and mysterious the foxes are to the outside world. Often staying far away from people the foxes bond is one not given to just anyone.

Yet, here she was bonded to two. The thing about prongs is that they are not only yours, should you be lucky enough to bond to them, you are theirs. So little is known about the prongs although the few graced with being able to call one of these their companions will swear on their lives the foxes are more loyal then a dire and bolder then a liger. Whether that is true has yet to be proven.

Nyra, the more cautious and alert of the two prongs flicked her ears at the sudden moment. One eye opening ever so slightly to reveal her piercing silvery eye. Lailic looked over at her with a cheerful grin. "Morning Nyra!" She whispered. The prong huffed and sat up. No use trying to keep sleeping once Lailic knew she was awake. "Well good morning to you too." a soft and silky voice echoed.

The blackish vixen crawled past Lailic and out into the Glades. Lailic followed after her squinting her eyes to see in the bright light. After a few moments her eyes adjusted and she pranced out into the meadow with the kind of happiness only a young girl could possess. Nyra's eyes followed the girl, amusement displayed on her fox like features. After a moment the vixen sprang after the girl running between her feet with excited yips.

An annoyed half bark stopped them in their tracks. The two looked sheepishly at stone who wore a sleepy scowl. The usually mellow Prong glared at them for a moment and then yawned. Shaking his head, he trotted to one of the near by streams and lapped at the water. The two girls had gown back to their rowdy games and he occasionally glanced up at them. He licked the water off his chops and laid lazily in the shade of one of the trees.

Stone did not understand the energy his sister had in the morning. He was far from a morning fox. Shortly after settling down he dozed off at ease in their little hide away in the glades. Lailic and Nyra tumbled into one of the streams. Childish laughter erupted from the girl and a soft cackle from the vixen. Nyra looked over at Stone, her eyes gleaming with mischief.

Making eye contact a single thought shared between the two and they tip toed into action. Sneaking by the sleeping prong the two jumped into the stream splashing whatever water they could onto him. A surprised yelp rose from stone as he leaped up, feeling the cold water trickle through his fur. He growled at the two and shook out his coat. The girls collapsed into the bank giggling how only human and prong can.

The two gasped as a stone leaped into the stream. Knocking water droplets all over them. Within moments the three were engaged in all out war. Water war that is. Droplets and small waves were hurtling through the air. By noon the three were soaked. Tired amusement on their faces. Stomachs grumbled angrily begging to be fed. The three got up and moved onto the food collecting part of their day.

Berry bushes were in full bloom. Every editable berry in Eldermore grew in a small patch the three had discovered several months back. Their short travel there was cheery and relaxed. The two girls chattering away about nonsense and Stone rolling his eyes in bewildered amusement. Once they reached the patch they were greeted by bare bushes.

"What happened?" Lailic cried racing from bush to bush. Desperate to find any berries left. Nyra and Stone weaved through the bushes coming up empty handed each time. The three grew frustrated and Lailic sat down in a huff. "We'll find another patch somewhere, why don't we go egg scavenging?" the vixen's voice echoed in Lailic's head. The girl sighed. "I suppose so. I just can't help be wonder what happened to all of our berries!" she exclaimed with the frustration of the ten year old human she was.

"Actually Nyra that sounds like I great idea. We haven't done that in ages." Stone commented. His voice much rougher then that of his sister. The two prongs scampered ahead of the girl searching for a nest. Lailic trailed behind looking at the ground. Something struck her odd. There were foot prints in the ground she hadn't noticed before. Ones much larger then hers but left a similar impression. Awe and fear struck her in a unusual combination. The trail was heading in the same direction they were headed.

Commissions wrote: Currently closed till farther notice

I love you, Avril L. wrote:I like your smile
I like your vibe
I like your style
But that's not why I love you

Lailic wrote:Pronounced: Lay-Lick
Mood: Happy (:
Preferred Pronoun: She/Her

The Sane One The Interesting one The Secretive one The Sassiest One The Quiet one

Lailic

Return to Creative Writing